Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I’m trying to hone my anti-Joe elevator pitch. Like, Joe’s whole “thing” is that he’s a steady hand with tons of experience, but if you examine his experience too closely, you begin to see that Joe has a lot of explaining to do, and you see he’s been on the wrong side of so many issues over his career. So his experience demonstrates how bad he sucks.

“Obama’s VP” is about as deep as they want you to get into his experience.

Just because we’ve got Trump doesn’t mean I’m selling my basic principles down the river. No loving way am I voting for Joe.

Gimme my tag and I’d like to order a medium fries too. I’ll pull up to the first window now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AARP LARPer posted:

I’m trying to hone my anti-Joe elevator pitch. Like, Joe’s whole “thing” is that he’s a steady hand with tons of experience, but if you examine his experience too closely, you begin to see that Joe has a lot of explaining to do, and you see he’s been on the wrong side of so many issues over his career. So his experience demonstrates how bad he sucks.

Say he's to the right of reagan on criminal justice issues, and clarify that you mean when reagan was in office Biden spent all of his influence trying to force reagan to lock up more black people

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
main difference between biden and trump is that with biden in office the dems would drop even their token opposition to all the horrible poo poo that's going on

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the argument that I find gets the most traction with the people i know (nearly all of whom were bernie/pete/liz voters) is:

if you think the democratic party (ostensibly the left opposition to the GOP) is the closest viable party to your politics in our FPTP system then you MUST withhold your vote when they run a candidate that is bad. if you want the party to change, you have to be willing to not vote for it, otherwise why would they even pretend to give a poo poo about you?

also unrelated side note: joe biden is a racist rapist and has dementia and i would never vote for him

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

the argument that I find gets the most traction with the people i know (nearly all of whom were bernie/pete/liz voters) is:

if you think the democratic party (ostensibly the left opposition to the GOP) is the closest viable party to your politics in our FPTP system then you MUST withhold your vote when they run a candidate that is bad. if you want the party to change, you have to be willing to not vote for it, otherwise why would they even pretend to give a poo poo about you?

also unrelated side note: joe biden is a racist rapist and has dementia and i would never vote for him

Totally. But what I'm running into more often than not is the same sort of passive-aggressive apologism that we saw for Hillary. The sort that's basically a scold disguised as "He's not that bad."

What I could really use is a cut/paste laundry list of like 25 lovely things he's done that I can just drop in FB comments any time someone tries to pull the "Well, he was Obama's VP so he gets a pass because he subbed for a black man."

I'm not interested in sincerely engaging with the VBNMW crew, I just want to be able to upend a trash can in their feed any time they try to act like we're the unreasonable ones.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

alarumklok posted:

NoJoe is a state of mind. Your attachment to tags is holding you back from a state of NoJoe nirvana.
:wrong:

drown me in nojoe tags

a giant tower of nojoe

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Cerebral Bore posted:

main difference between biden and trump is that with biden in office the dems would drop even their token opposition to all the horrible poo poo that's going on

worse, lol, dems wouldn't have let a republican set up concentration camps because they could profit from throwing a fit about it, but hire a black man with a (D) by his name to do it and they don't care and republicans certainly don't either

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zvahl posted:

worse, lol, dems wouldn't have let a republican set up concentration camps because they could profit from throwing a fit about it, but hire a black man with a (D) by his name to do it and they don't care and republicans certainly don't either

At the time, I certainly didn't understand the underlying punitive horror behind all those "you have to like Obama, Republicans, he deported more illegals than anyone in history" op-eds.

Fool me once. Ya can't get fooled again.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I've gotten some success out of pointing out that his handlers are obviously planning to start a nuclear war in 2021

of course, plenty of people seem to think that's the only appropriate response to the fake "russian bounty" news, so,

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Weltlich posted:

Totally. But what I'm running into more often than not is the same sort of passive-aggressive apologism that we saw for Hillary. The sort that's basically a scold disguised as "He's not that bad."

What I could really use is a cut/paste laundry list of like 25 lovely things he's done that I can just drop in FB comments any time someone tries to pull the "Well, he was Obama's VP so he gets a pass because he subbed for a black man."

I'm not interested in sincerely engaging with the VBNMW crew, I just want to be able to upend a trash can in their feed any time they try to act like we're the unreasonable ones.

I was going to suggest one of those red herring memes where it's Trump with word balloons full of Joe Biden quotes and policy positions, and at the bottom it's all "How could you possibly let someone who believes this poo poo be the president? Psyche! Those are all quotes from Joe Biden!"

But that might come across as pro-Trump, which is also undesirable.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Weltlich posted:

This is an old article, but it's still more than enough to make any sane person NoJoe the hell outta here. https://medium.com/@westonpagano/125-reasons-you-should-not-vote-for-joe-biden-e3cc298cad88

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

OutOfPrint posted:

This is an old article, but it's still more than enough to make any sane person NoJoe the hell outta here. https://medium.com/@westonpagano/125-reasons-you-should-not-vote-for-joe-biden-e3cc298cad88

ah well some of these have been rectified since then for the better i'ms ure

Ah! Well.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I was bitching about this earlier, so feel free to use this if you want. It's a 25 point bullet list of why you should be NoJoe, and it doesn't even include the facts that he's a rapist and pedophile. You can add those in if you want, but I wanted some poo poo to stick in the face of the "policy wonks" who claim that's ok because he's not tmurp.

- Consistently tried to introduce legislation, or voted for legislation that cut medicare and social security, raised the retirement age, and gutted welfare.
- Said he would veto any Medicare for All bill if it arrived on his desk, even while people are dying and facing crippling debt due to COVID.
- Led the fight against desegregation.
- As a member of the Judiciary Committee, he opposed historic black appointments to the DoJ because they supported desegregation.
- While VP, he championed the transfer of military equipment to police departments.
- As VP, his administration built the "kids in cages" detention camps that Trump is now using.
- Voted to expand deportation and indefinite detention powers multiple times before becoming VP.
- Voted for and supported the Iraq War.
- Says the CIA torture report is not a “black stain on this country” but a “badge of honor.”
- Wrote the 1994 crime bill that led us to have the HIGHEST RATE OF INCARCERATION ON EARTH.
- Championed the War on Drugs even while he personally used his influence to make sure his own children's drug infractions went unpunished.
- Takes massive campaign donations from the for-profit prison industry.
- Defends billionaires hoarding wealth and promises that “nothing will fundamentally change.”
- Led the disastrous Bankruptcy Bill and opposition to predatory lending, resulting in increased debt, which he continues to defend.
- He is graded F- by leading climate group the Sunrise Movement.
- He still supports fracking, oil and gas exportation, and the building of new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- Is illegally bribing political rivals with cabinet positions in exchange for their endorsement.
- Voted to deregulate the credit card industry while a credit card company hired his son and was his top donor from 1989–2000.
- Specifically fought to make student loan debt more difficult to live with before dismissing the plight of debt laden Millennials.
- Voted for NAFTA, supports TPP, is generally to the right of Trump on trade.
- In the middle of the Coronavirus crisis he is telling people that isolating in our homes per CDC guidelines is “unfair to all of us and it’s unnecessary for all of us.”
- Praised Reagan’s disastrous handling of the AIDS crisis that killed thousands.
- Driving force behind the Patriot Act, supports warrantless wiretaps / mass surveillance.
- Opposes net neutrality.
- Biden is so disliked that 62% of his own supporters say they would not be voting for him, but rather against Trump. This is drastically worse than the 44% of Hillary voters who did not support her but were only voting to stop Trump, and she lost.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

OutOfPrint posted:

Looking through the criminal justice section and it is missing one of the most wtf things: that whole destroying addicts ability to feel joy thing he wanted. I couldn't even get myself to use the nerve-stapling in Alpha Centauri, and he wanted that in the actual real world :psyduck:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

OutOfPrint posted:

Thanks, I cribbed heavily from that. It's a great article, but I want something that's social media postable because those jerks never read the link.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Weltlich posted:

I was bitching about this earlier, so feel free to use this if you want. It's a 25 point bullet list of why you should be NoJoe, and it doesn't even include the facts that he's a rapist and pedophile. You can add those in if you want, but I wanted some poo poo to stick in the face of the "policy wonks" who claim that's ok because he's not tmurp.

- Consistently tried to introduce legislation, or voted for legislation that cut medicare and social security, raised the retirement age, and gutted welfare.
- Said he would veto any Medicare for All bill if it arrived on his desk, even while people are dying and facing crippling debt due to COVID.
- As a member of the Judiciary Committee, he opposed historic black appointments to the DoJ because they supported desegregation.
- While VP, he championed the transfer of military equipment to police departments.
- As VP, his administration built the "kids in cages" detention camps that Trump is now using.
- Voted to expand deportation and indefinite detention powers multiple times before becoming VP.
- Says the CIA torture report is not a “black stain on this country” but a “badge of honor.”
- Wrote the 1994 crime bill that led us to have the HIGHEST RATE OF INCARCERATION ON EARTH.
- Championed the War on Drugs even while he personally used his influence to make sure his own children's drug infractions went unpunished.
- Defends billionaires hoarding wealth and promises that “nothing will fundamentally change.”
- Led the disastrous Bankruptcy Bill and opposition to predatory lending, resulting in increased debt, which he continues to defend.
- He still supports fracking, oil and gas exportation, and the building of new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- Is illegally bribing political rivals with cabinet positions in exchange for their endorsement.
- Voted to deregulate the credit card industry while a credit card company hired his son and was his top donor from 1989–2000.
- Specifically fought to make student loan debt more difficult to live with before dismissing the plight of debt laden Millennials.
- In the middle of the Coronavirus crisis he is telling people that isolating in our homes per CDC guidelines is “unfair to all of us and it’s unnecessary for all of us.”
- Praised Reagan’s disastrous handling of the AIDS crisis that killed thousands.
- Driving force behind the Patriot Act, supports warrantless wiretaps / mass surveillance.
- Biden is so disliked that 62% of his own supporters say they would not be voting for him, but rather against Trump. This is drastically worse than the 44% of Hillary voters who did not support her but were only voting to stop Trump, and she lost.

According to the General Election thread, none of that counts because reasons.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I will not vote for Joe Biden today.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the_steve posted:

According to the General Election thread, none of that counts because reasons.

yes but you shouldn't post on the rape is okay sometimes board anyway

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

then again...

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1282376651247149056?s=19

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Weltlich posted:

And the capper for me is that the party pushed him 100% from day one not despite all of this but BECAUSE of it.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Myron Baloney posted:

And the capper for me is that the party pushed him 100% from day one not despite all of this but BECAUSE of it.

Oh yeah. This is just the tip if the iceberg - the things I picked because I could write them in a single line - this is so loving bad, but it keeps getting so much worse the longer you look at him.

The democrats basically want to be the republicans but without all that gauche racism. They only want refined, sophisticated racism.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Counterpoint: There's still the chance that him dying in office was part of their plan to begin with. That way they get to force through VP Kopmala or Mayor Pete or whoever else they actually wanted but couldn't get over with the crowd.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

the_steve posted:

Counterpoint: There's still the chance that him dying in office was part of their plan to begin with. That way they get to force through VP Kopmala or Mayor Pete or whoever else they actually wanted but couldn't get over with the crowd.

Kamala was always The One picked by Hillary to avenge herself. She was meeting the donors arty the Hamptons in 2017.

This was all derailed when Tulsi murdered her on live TV at the second debate. Her as Biden's VP would new a way to Set Things Right, since they assume he'll win easily (lol)

This is why I'm pretty sure it will be Kamala.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

unban getfiscal then give him a nojoe tag

then ban him again

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

never unban getfiscal he's too good for this site

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/1282429310696140801

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Organ Fiend posted:

Kamala was always The One picked by Hillary to avenge herself. She was meeting the donors arty the Hamptons in 2017.

This was all derailed when Tulsi murdered her on live TV at the second debate. Her as Biden's VP would new a way to Set Things Right, since they assume he'll win easily (lol)

This is why I'm pretty sure it will be Kamala.

Oh yeah, I've been saying it's probably gonna be Kamala for awhile.
She checks off all the right boxes to appeal to the "woke" liberal types, and like you said, the party wanted her from the getgo.
They can either let Joe have his term, drop out after the first and she becomes the defacto nominee for 2024, or he bites it beforehand/he serves his purpose and the party lets him finally take the hear for being a rapist by forcing him to step down and she takes over from there.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Weltlich posted:

what a piece of poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh cool, another four years of ramping up the forever war. sick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We are the ones who walk away from Omelas.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

the_steve posted:

According to the General Election thread, none of that counts because reasons cheeto white house

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

the_steve posted:

this is the second time I’ve heard this today and I absolutely believe it.

The version I heard is that if he wins he’ll step down within 6 months due to health issues.

either one sounds plausible.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Weltlich posted:

To be fair here, Trump is literally the only US politician opposed to neoliberal free trade regardless of party. I'm not even sure there's a left and right to the issue, so much as "Trump" and "everyone else" given that both parties have held identical positions on it since 1992.

Won't lie though, that's a damning list regardless. It would take a complete lack of morality to support such a candidate.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Pingui posted:

Looking through the criminal justice section and it is missing one of the most wtf things: that whole destroying addicts ability to feel joy thing he wanted. I couldn't even get myself to use the nerve-stapling in Alpha Centauri, and he wanted that in the actual real world :psyduck:

what's this one?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Weltlich posted:

You have to start by opening your discussion partner to the idea that there is a Democrat bad enough that voting for them and helping them win is a worse option than not voting, then to the idea that winning isn't necessarily the best option: the fact that the Green Party literally needs a slice of the popular vote to "win" this election, for example.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there's like 6 people in the whole country with a D after their name worth voting for. if you live in their district, congrats on not having to write yourself in for the entire downballot

haha drat I never thought of voting for myself

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

PipHelix posted:

what's this one?

Don't have the link handy but during the height of the drug war Joe inquired into medical solutions for drugs, ie medical treatments to block people from getting high. He was stymied when the general response to that was "uh no we're not going to put people on medication that completely shuts down dopamine receptors what the gently caress."

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Lol "according to sources named Susan Rice, Susan Rice is being considered for VP."

Before all the protests it was going to be Klob for VP but woops she let a killer cop walk free. Now they're going with Kamala and crossing their fingers that none of the cops she let walk decide to kill again before November.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love having people try to shame me for not voting for biden because they claim he will be a warrior for transgender rights. how do people get this naive and gullible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

empty whippet box posted:

love having people try to shame me for not voting for biden because they claim he will be a warrior for transgender rights. how do people get this naive and gullible?

Lots of desperate projection and the desperate need to believe that deep down inside they're actually a good person.