Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Picked up 1917 today; digital code at universalredeem.com/Movies Anywhere is

Grabbed this. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Some decent announcements in the last week w District 9 and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure getting 4K releases.

GoT is apparently getting a 4K set. I’m interested to read the reviews. I really enjoyed the first 4 seasons and the back half had that decline. But drat, I want HBO to put out UHD content and Blu-ray’s. But GoT is the kind of thing I’d maybe buy on Black Friday for half off.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Can anyone recommend a decent bookshelf or other storage unit for Blu-rays & DVDs? I tossed my old beat up one last time I moved and they've all just been sitting in a cardboard box since then.

Not looking for anything fancy, but most of the cheap ones on Amazon seem to be made of disintegrating particleboard, judging by the reviews.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Toebone posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent bookshelf or other storage unit for Blu-rays & DVDs? I tossed my old beat up one last time I moved and they've all just been sitting in a cardboard box since then.

Not looking for anything fancy, but most of the cheap ones on Amazon seem to be made of disintegrating particleboard, judging by the reviews.

Let me introduce you to my good friend Billy. Pick the right size/shape and some extra shelves and you good.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’ve been happy w my Atlantic 1080CD or whatever size. The biggest one they’ve got! I have 2 now because I can’t stop buying media. But they’ll see! When this internet fad is over, they’ll all see!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Heads up, Barnes & Noble are having their 50% off Criterion sale. I know it's a pretty common occurrence, but I was just wondering the other day when another was going to happen so I could pick up Solaris.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Warner Archive is having a 4/$44 sale right now:
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44

Looks like they're including stuff up through last month for the first time (usually the last three months aren't included in a sale).

I would strongly recommend everyone pick up the Tex Avery and Popeye Blu-rays as they look fantastic.

The new 4K restoration of Mystery of the Wax Museum is fantastic, plus it's one of the rare times WA has produced new extras. Two commentaries, a piece on Fay Wray, and a restoration featurette. The film only survives in the form of a worn 35mm nitrate print owned by Jack Warner and an incomplete French workprint. The end result is just brilliant.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Egbert Souse posted:

Looks like they're including stuff up through last month for the first time (usually the last three months aren't included in a sale).

I would strongly recommend everyone pick up the Tex Avery and Popeye Blu-rays as they look fantastic.

The new 4K restoration of Mystery of the Wax Museum is fantastic, plus it's one of the rare times WA has produced new extras. Two commentaries, a piece on Fay Wray, and a restoration featurette. The film only survives in the form of a worn 35mm nitrate print owned by Jack Warner and an incomplete French workprint. The end result is just brilliant.

Why do they have to do this during the Criterion sale? I'll probably just go with Criterion because I really want to see Bamboozled and I need a copy of Do the Right Thing. Still I wanted a bunch of WA poo poo.

:negative:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Why do they have to do this during the Criterion sale? I'll probably just go with Criterion because I really want to see Bamboozled and I need a copy of Do the Right Thing. Still I wanted a bunch of WA poo poo.

:negative:

Dammit. Thanks to this post I grabbed Bamboozled, Do The Right Thing, Blue Velvet, and High & Low. I almost made it through the first day.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My Jaws UHD came in and I don’t know; not sure I really needed to upgrade from the Blu-Ray. I think I only watched the BR once. Oh well :homebrew:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Egbert Souse posted:

This seems like a good sale with a lot of classic stuff but the navigation is terrible. I have no idea how to find anything.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

This is probably a better page for just the Blu-rays:
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-blu-ray?sort_by=created-descending

Looks like last month's and this month's aren't counted after all, but the sale icon is visible on titles at least.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've never heard of this movie and while it may be good I have serious doubts that it's anywhere near as good as this poster art.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Dark of the Sun whips rear end

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Dark of the Sun whips rear end

Does anyone get rekt with a chainsaw?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Egbert Souse posted:

There’s a bunch of Popeye disks, which ones???

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
What do you guys do with all these digital codes?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Like the slip covers, into the paper shredder ---

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Some people post them. I’m lazy so I ignore them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Wake_N_Bake posted:

They sit in the blu-ray cases forever until one day I take the movie out see them and throw the paper in the recycling bin.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems like half the time they’re expired before I even buy the movie they’re for. It’s annoying because we’re moving to a digital/streaming future and I’m already feeling anxiety over how I’m going to digitize my library.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Wake_N_Bake posted:

re-sell them for a couple bucks. save the money to buy more movies.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got a big rear end stack and I give em to friends. I think I’ll post a few in the discord.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Liar Lyre posted:

I got a big rear end stack and I give em to friends. I think I’ll post a few in the discord.

I’d love a link, please.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a whole bunch of these things in a stack on my desk that was I was going to sell for a few bucks each on SA Mart but then I got real lazy. They all say they're expired but I'll post them and you can see if anything happens. I'll put the the web addresses fore the downloads above them.

redeemmovie.com

You're Next: WBG3JQM4XYQ
Dredd: YT4YMRLHL7Y4

flixster.com/getuv

Regular Show Season 1 + 2: BFM7MVVGJHVT
The Exorcist: Y7B7766YKTTB

sonypictures.com/uvredeem

This Is The End: THEY M4ZH W18P 9WT8
Breaking Bad Season Five: B4D0 6X14 8MX9 54P0
Breaking Bad The Final Season: BBF9 AET8 DQEV GSM0

Universaldigitalcopy.com/hotfuzz

KR3PYKY76TX6

universaldigitalcopy.com/ETbluray

TJ73AXLAT3MY

universaldigitalcopy.com/Jawsbluray

XXEJT7XXAP67

universaldigitalcopy.com/ParaNorman

7RAK3LE4LP34

starzmediadigital.com/themaster

YKFKWWKEX9N7

starzmediadigital.com/djangounchained

NTRY6YWEALLT

hboselect.com/veep

MW4RELMEPHH7

I'd be very surprised if any of these work but have some fun with it!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I tried your next, didn’t work. Ahh well

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I redeemed Jaws and ET. I appreciate it!

So Deadly Premon 2 is apparently the most realistic video game ever made.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have a ton of these codes but they’re mostly for Australian digital streaming sites I think and probably all expired

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Got Breaking Bad the final season. Season five appears to be a German copy

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alec Eiffel posted:

That's odd. I didn't buy it off of a weird site or anything it just came from Best Buy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wake_N_Bake posted:

I’d love a link, please.

https://discord.gg/zwevW5

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

CPL593H posted:

They sit in the blu-ray cases forever until one day I take the movie out see them and throw the paper in the recycling bin.

..until one year California mega-wildfires started and became a yearly threat. My modest collection, though highly valued personally, would be left behind in an emergency; I can find space for my tablet though.

After the first major fire scare I got out all my digital codes I had and redeemed them all. It sucks, digital is convenient but I still prefer physical media for movies/tv, but I try to stick to blurays that come with digital copies now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

PlushCow posted:

..until one year California mega-wildfires started and became a yearly threat. My modest collection, though highly valued personally, would be left behind in an emergency; I can find space for my tablet though.

After the first major fire scare I got out all my digital codes I had and redeemed them all. It sucks, digital is convenient but I still prefer physical media for movies/tv, but I try to stick to blurays that come with digital copies now.

poo poo that sucks.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Alec Eiffel posted:

Are you sure you didn’t just start the second episode early?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate's cat decided to mark her territory on some of my Blu-Rays.

:rip: to my slipcovers for Xtro 3, Wonder Women, and Psycho Cop Returns.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

This is to mark territory and to show dominance.

You now have to piss all over the cat's toys and stuff.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Iron Crowned posted:

Thank God it was the part you throw away

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Sometimes they do this because of a uti or another infection that makes peeing in the box painful, fyi. So don't take it as a personal challenge and get the cat to a vet if appropriate.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And sometimes they do it because slipcovers are useless marketing material that has no reason to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Slipcovers are probably supposed to be theft deterrents. Way harder to slip a disc out of its packaging if you have to take it out of a box first, and that's usually enough to get someone's attention in a small store.