Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Runcible Cat posted:

Gun DNA detector: 50% match detected, close enough, unlocking

did a banana pick up the gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Where's the idiot?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Skwirl posted:

This obviously isn't the first time it's happened but it is seriously hosed that a 13 year old can be charged as an adult. I don't give a gently caress what they did, what they need is treatment not incarceration. Absolutely nothing will be made better by putting a 13 year old in an adult prison. Not for him and not for society.
Putting adults in adult prison rarely makes anything better either.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

This is why we need to fast track the DNA gun lock technology as seen in the seminal 1995 sci fi classic Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone

Smart guns exist (using either finger prints or rfid technology) and of course the nra opposes them

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Skwirl posted:

This obviously isn't the first time it's happened but it is seriously hosed that a 13 year old can be charged as an adult. I don't give a gently caress what they did, what they need is treatment not incarceration. Absolutely nothing will be made better by putting a 13 year old in an adult prison. Not for him and not for society.

"A new plan to raise the age of criminal responsibility from 10 to 16 has left some people worried it could lead to gangs targeting young kids."

https://www.news.com.au/national/crime/calls-to-raise-age-of-criminal-responsibility-to-16/news-story/0c51219b6d0c5f57c27541dfde1dfc06

"Raise the Age campaign calls for Australia to stop imprisoning children as young as 10 years old"

https://www.news.com.au/national/co...dd00830c4abe7ce

Australian Liberal party supporters currently arguing the age of youth imprisonment should be lowered further to protect victims of crime, but obviously not that young, you weirdo!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just lol'ing at the idea of Australia having a gang problem. Aside from the rich that is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Everything I've encountered about australian politics suggests that it's just a continent filled entirely with boomers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Everything I've encountered about australian politics suggests that it's just a continent filled entirely with boomers.

That's a pretty solid take.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

IDK where to put this but the unionizers are not the idiots.

It may be fake too but the idea of gimps unionizing is unexpected and hilarious.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inceltown posted:

Just lol'ing at the idea of Australia having a gang problem. Aside from the rich that is.

No but you see, BIKIES

There may or may not be actual gangs in Australia, but by god are the Australian government scared of bikies. The Freep thread will often point out that biker gangs are their go-to 'scary people that everyone would respect the authority of if they protested', and it feels like the Australian government is the perfect inversion of that, where they literally cannot think of any other type of domestic group to be scared of.

I can't even think of a single news story in my lifetime that actually had 'bikies' doing anything.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Jul 13, 2020

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Inceltown posted:

At the previous state election in Victoria, the Liberals tried to run a scare campaign about the scary "Aphex African Gangs" that were supposedly terrorizing Melbourne so bad that nice white, middle classlaw abiding citizens were scared to go outside. This was repeated by the Federal Treasurer.

It was laughed at, even by members of his own party, and the middle class whiteys he was trying to panic.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

BrigadierSensible posted:

scary "Aphex African Gangs

it is pretty scary tbh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/scottwolf14/status/1282431639570784263?s=21

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i'm going to assume the video says nothing like this at all and this is just some weird touting. it was very common for medieval towns to close their gates and require people to quarantine in their homes in response to a pandemic

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
We need to bring plague doctor's back. Masks and all of it, really turn up the volume on this whole end of the world vibe we got going on.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Uhhh what exactly is "no asians" if not racism?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

P sure that its been covered and we don't hold peoples sexual preferences against them, even if it means they won't sleep with us

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Mandatory Trans Dating Now

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

aand the tweet is already gone, thanks for the screenshot!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

RFC2324 posted:

P sure that its been covered and we don't hold peoples sexual preferences against them, even if it means they won't sleep with us

This is a pretty contentious topic based on what I've seen Online.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

why not?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's the difference between "I have never found a trans person attractive" and "I could never consider a trans person attractive". You don't have to date anyone you don't want to and no one will refute that, but if you're deciding you don't want to without even actually considering whether you really would then that is literal prejudice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Making blanket statements is by its nature weird if there specific but harmless then people will laugh at you. If it’s I will never date a black man....we’ll

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's the exact same principle as "I won't date a fat girl" or "I won't date a short guy."

Preferences are fine. No one gives a gently caress. You do you. The problem is when you either denigrate people you reject, or start offering your preference unannounced. The instant you do either you lose the public vote because you're being an arrogant rear end in a top hat and the only people who support you for "just stating your preferences" are also being arrogant assholes.

This is a level of emotional intelligence one is expected to learn as a teenager.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

It's the exact same principle as "I won't date a fat girl" or "I won't date a short guy."

Preferences are fine. No one gives a gently caress. You do you. The problem is when you either denigrate people you reject, or start offering your preference unannounced. The instant you do either you lose the public vote because you're being an arrogant rear end in a top hat and the only people who support you for "just stating your preferences" are also being arrogant assholes.

This is a level of emotional intelligence one is expected to learn as a teenager.

It's doubly irritating when it's on a dating app and you can simply self select for your preferences and there is no scene to be made if you turn someone down. If you're so opposed to the idea of romance with a trans/asian/whatever person that the idea of one of them even liking your profile is repulsive to you, that's loving weird.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

just making sure people remember that the LGB alliance was formed explicitly to try to get the gays to stop supporting trans people. it is not surprising that they are also racist

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's doubly irritating when it's on a dating app and you can simply self select for your preferences and there is no scene to be made if you turn someone down. If you're so opposed to the idea of romance with a trans/asian/whatever person that the idea of one of them even liking your profile is repulsive to you, that's loving weird.

this is a double-edged sword though. a lot of trans people don't identify themselves in the trans category on dating apps because it ghettoizes you and if you're a trans woman you just get endless waves of chasers. being trans on dating apps really really sucks and is basically a catch-22 between getting completely sexually objectified or getting banned because people can and will report you repeatedly for being a trans in the category for "real women."

e: I have less knowledge of, but believe trans men have similar problems on dating apps for gay men.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm a cis straight dude so I've only ever dealt with the LGBTQ+ community thirdhand as a friend/ally/host, etc. It is phenomenal how much unforced drama is imposed on the TQ+ side of the community. Even when you take into account every volatile TQ+ rear end in a top hat who ever existed, the majority of the problems still seem to empirically arise from non-TQ+ people being unable to hold their loving chill and let people be.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Henchman of Santa posted:

And I've definitely seen plenty of screenshots of online dating trans panic, enough to know that these people actively seek out the scene-making. They want to make trans individuals feel unwanted, rejected, undesirable and will reach out via text to slap 'em if they feel like it.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

OwlFancier posted:

we prefer 'kangaroos'

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

RFC2324 posted:

I been watching the show Lucifer and the thing he does and I must admit I also enjoy this trick. (Ha Ha) I just didn’t realize it’s being used all the time and on a big scale and most people don’t even know it.

In the show Lucifer’s signature move is he walks up to someone and says “Tell me your deepest desire”. When he does this in a crowd the person does speak their deepest desire but is usually mocked and made fun of immediately after by the crowd which causes chaos and fighting....Lucifer smiles and walks away.

What does the news do? It shows you horrifying, disgusting and anger producing content. You react chaos erupts and Lucifer smiles and walks away.

If we go back to Stephen Covey’s 7 habits of Highly successful people one of the rules is to “respond” and not react”. If your reacting then Lucifer is smiling and walking away.

I am currently reading another book (sorry the title is eluding me at the moment) but this book says just because someone throws you a ball it doesn’t mean you have to catch it. Throwing the ball to you can be a set up! Again if Lucifer throws you a ball and you catch it you react chaos reins he smiles and walks away.

If your watching the news or if your catching the ball then your just being set up and you don’t even know it. You get involved in the chaos Lucifer smiles and walks away. Just something to keep in mind.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
It's too early for takes this mind-numbing, Twitter. Please :negative:

https://twitter.com/JoeSilverman7/status/1282451690478866434

"air"

he's a pediatrician and this is his mindset.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sick kids? I didn't sign up for this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/leokitty/status/1282704068457172995?s=20

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1282708844758564864?s=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That’s too spicy to be long for this world, here’s a screencap:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Holy gently caress I do enjoy Moviebob's Film Critic content most of the time, but there is no defending that one. gently caress that guy. Absolute trash fire. Nail his idiot rear end to the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s too spicy to be long for this world, here’s a screencap:

I mean, the tweet is already using a screencap because it did get deleted quickly