Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ainsley McTree posted:

I didn't listen because there's no way I was staying up for the whole 12 hours and I didn't want to jump in in the middle but I'll be listening to the VOD over the next two weeks or so while it's up: https://twitch.tv/656727215

I'm still catching up but I don't want to miss this while it's up, are there any major spoilers for events after the nine hells?

edit: Twitch video embeds are broken, but the stream is still up here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/656727215

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s on their twitch page

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

I'm still catching up but I don't want to miss this while it's up, are there any major spoilers for events after the nine hells?

They make a lot of jokes about events that happen in the finale, and it is canonically set after the campaign so they can wrap up a loose end. It's difficult to say what would or wouldn't be a major spoiler to you, but there are technically a lot of spoilers in it. Personally, I would suggest watching it anyway if you want to see it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah it's hard to say. I wouldn't consider anything that happens in there to be a huge spoiler, but if you want to avoid knowing anything no matter how minor, it might be hairy.

I think the VOD will only be up for two weeks so like...you just have to make a choice I guess :/. It's a very goof-centric event, fwiw

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
You know, someone with some memory to spare could use a standard Twitch VOD Ripper (downloadable free online) to grab that video and repost it to YouTube or something so it never disappears. That'd be really cool if someone did that.

fake edit: or at the very least downloaded it just so they have it and maybe share it with friends?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

timp posted:

You know, someone with some memory to spare could use a standard Twitch VOD Ripper (downloadable free online) to grab that video and repost it to YouTube or something so it never disappears. That'd be really cool if someone did that.

fake edit: or at the very least downloaded it just so they have it and maybe share it with friends?
I should have it up on YouTube in about an hour

E: Actually, is there ad revenue for VODs or are they purely just replays of the stream? If they get $ for people watching the Twitch VOD I don't want to rehost it, especially if that would catch a probe

bawk fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 23, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not really sure but it seems like it would at least be decent to wait until after the VOD gets taken off their Twitch channel before diverting viewers away from it

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thecluckmeme posted:

I should have it up on YouTube in about an hour

E: Actually, is there ad revenue for VODs or are they purely just replays of the stream? If they get $ for people watching the Twitch VOD I don't want to rehost it, especially if that would catch a probe

I have no idea and, as the suggester of this idea, I do want to publicly promote best practices re: fungibles and whatnot. I'm just thinking back to the Monster Madness bracket they did recently and how it's a real drat shame that that's just gone now. That shouldn't happen to the Tomb of Horrors stream! It deserves to be preserved one way or another!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Well the good news is that my video got uploaded pretty quick but I've been at 0% processed for about ten minutes now :downs: it probably won't even finish processing until they VOD is gone.

At the very least I'll get it up and make it unlisted, if it gets OKed to post once the VOD is gone then I'll leave the link here

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

timp posted:

I have no idea and, as the suggester of this idea, I do want to publicly promote best practices re: fungibles and whatnot. I'm just thinking back to the Monster Madness bracket they did recently and how it's a real drat shame that that's just gone now. That shouldn't happen to the Tomb of Horrors stream! It deserves to be preserved one way or another!

:agreed:

Monster Madness was really really funny and it's kind of lame that if you missed it I guess you just don't get to see it now. And the idea that these lunatics did a 12-hour livestream (poor jake stayed up till 6am for this) that will be gone forever is just not right

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Rip the forums. gently caress Lowtax.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

shoutout to the :10bux: crew

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
‘Eeeeey :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/caldy/status/1275646259278352389?s=21

(Not me btw, just found it scrolling through Twitter and thought if this thread)

I’d say still hold onto that downloaded vod though, juuuuust in case

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm 11 hours into the VOD now but that's good news for people less dedicated to watching it than I am.

I am really impressed with Jake's stamina here, you really can't tell that he's stayed up until 6am, and I get the sense that he's not the type of guy who usually stays up that late. I'd be half conscious by then.

E: ok I finished it and that last 20 minutes was absolutely magical, and also an encapsulation of what makes trinyvale work

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 27, 2020

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And to answer my own question from earlier, there aren't any major spoilers. They mention that they won in the end, but now how or anything. Only thing that really stuck out to me is Balnor living in the Feywild now I guess? I'm not even sure if I got that right since they only obliquely referenced it. I'll just have to wait and find out

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RandomFerret posted:

And to answer my own question from earlier, there aren't any major spoilers. They mention that they won in the end, but now how or anything. Only thing that really stuck out to me is Balnor living in the Feywild now I guess? I'm not even sure if I got that right since they only obliquely referenced it. I'll just have to wait and find out

That’s where he’s from

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Fey Wild is in Austria-Hungary???

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol this owns

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1278802546996305920

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

in case you missed the stream & vod, the 12-hour tomb of horrors run is up on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZHriEhbns

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I love Jens so much, latest episode was A+ Jens

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Still going through 8BBC

I cannot believe these idiots who can't make it through a choose your own adventure book without cheating managed to make 100+ episodes of a D&D podcast

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

I love Jens so much, latest episode was A+ Jens

I'm still a couple episodes behind but he's so good. I'm currently on the episode where he wears a white gown and a veil to someone else's wedding. Also everything going on with the parasites is just incredible

I still could not exactly tell you what the overarching plot of trinyvale is, or who any of the gods or whatever are, but the dynamic between the player characters is just the best thing. I don't think it's even that the plot or world is uninteresting, just that it's really hard to keep it straight when episodes only come out once a month, interspersed with a more highly-prioritized campaign. I did skip the recap episode, I guess that's on me, ultimately.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still a couple episodes behind but he's so good. I'm currently on the episode where he wears a white gown and a veil to someone else's wedding. Also everything going on with the parasites is just incredible

I still could not exactly tell you what the overarching plot of trinyvale is, or who any of the gods or whatever are, but the dynamic between the player characters is just the best thing. I don't think it's even that the plot or world is uninteresting, just that it's really hard to keep it straight when episodes only come out once a month, interspersed with a more highly-prioritized campaign. I did skip the recap episode, I guess that's on me, ultimately.

I also have no goddamn idea what’s going on plot-wise and just enjoy the intra-character goofs. Seems okay to do for this particular campaign y’know?

That being said I am ultra-stoked for Emily’s Bro-Quest campaign to kick off in a few weeks too!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

That being said I am ultra-stoked for Emily’s Bro-Quest campaign to kick off in a few weeks too!

did I miss where they talked about this? because i heard some reference and had no idea what it is

is she running a temporary campaign before they restart the main one

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Post TV Emily was originally going to run a short naval campaign, but that has evolved into a bro summer adventure with Mavrus and his bros. They did a Mixed Bag going through character creation.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

eke out posted:

did I miss where they talked about this? because i heard some reference and had no idea what it is

is she running a temporary campaign before they restart the main one

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1262519011989835776?s=20

They mentioned it in the podcast feed in a ~3 minute announcement episode.

She called it "a little nautical odyssey", and Murph said that campaign 2 will come after.

Edit: Oh, wait, it's changed from being a nautical odyssey?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thexerox123 posted:

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1262519011989835776?s=20

They mentioned it in the podcast feed in a ~3 minute announcement episode.

She called it "a little nautical odyssey", and Murph said that campaign 2 will come after.

awesome! i'm excited for an adventure that is somehow even more chaotic than trinivale

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thexerox123 posted:

Yup, it’s now starting Zac Oyama reprising his role as Mavris the Unschooled and chronicling some sort of adventure with “his boys” at his summer beach house.

Zac will be Mavris of course and will be a cast regular for this campaign
Murph will be an overly-in-touch-with-everyone’s-feelings dwarf brewmaster cleric
Caldwell will be an arcane archer who uses frisbees instead of arrows
Jake will be an emo-punk bard named Trent Nevers (super stoked for that)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Will Carl be there? He's such a solid dude

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I love Jake's character's because I don't think he ever roleplays, they just highlight another part of his insecurities.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

timp posted:

Zac will be Mavris of course and will be a cast regular for this campaign
Murph will be an overly-in-touch-with-everyone’s-feelings dwarf brewmaster cleric
Caldwell will be an arcane archer who uses frisbees instead of arrows
Jake will be an emo-punk bard named Trent Nevers (super stoked for that)

I legitimately forgot how wild that character creation episode was until I read all of this just now.

Can't wait for Mavrus and the boys.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

I legitimately forgot how wild that character creation episode was until I read all of this just now.

Can't wait for Mavrus and the boys.

I was excited for nautical adventure but I'm even happier about this tbh

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was excited for nautical adventure but I'm even happier about this tbh

I am too. It sounds too much like people I knew to not be hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nautical nonsense DOES be something I wish...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I’d like to correct the record. After relistening to the relevant portion of the Mixed Bag episode in question, Jake will be playing a “pop punk emo acoustic rock” tiefling bard named Tread Nevers. This poster regrets the error.

He says he hasn’t done a lot of character creation yet, but he has brainstormed a lot of album names

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jake playing a full caster will be interesting

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The 8BBC with the Mario book where Murph loses it is peak 8BBC. I couldn’ get into trinyvale so I’m tapping out until Emily’s adventure.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I’m almost done with 8BBC :(

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

KingShiro posted:

I’m almost done with 8BBC :(

I've only done this a couple times before, but I think I just might relisten to 8BBC in its entirety. I have so goddamned much podcast backlog to wade through, but I just know that listening to the halcyon days of Murph, Emily, & Caldwell will be such a positive listening experience for me, and I'm starting to think I'd prefer more of those as opposed to the current events podcasts in my backlog that will just frustrate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ainsley McTree posted:

I didn’t start listening to Trinyvale till after the main campaign was done so I had them in order in a short period of time and even I’m a little confused, I mean I get what they’re doing for the plot but it’s a bit chaotic

I enjoy their riffing off each other they have great chemistry