Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

B-Boy got so drunk that Punk had to be the designated driver, but Punk couldn't drive stick so he stalled out 100 times going through the Taco Bell drive thru.

But gently caress it, it's B-Boys car!

MRT remembers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Wazzu posted:

I think he's the more than anything just horrifically out of date, and no interest in being more of an ally than was his acceptable standard of allyship in the 80s.

Like he wants gay people to have rights, but be quiet about it, and he'll use incredibly homophobic language, but as long as he thinks gay people are allowed to live, he thinks he can't be homophobic.

Yep. He's a 1989 Democrat.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"Colt yanks Daniels off." - Bryan Alvarez, July 9, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Really appreciate a Mike only WOL being free like even they know no-one's going to pay for that.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

njsykora posted:

Really appreciate a Mike only WOL being free like even they know no-one's going to pay for that.

I've said it before, but he just doesn't bother me. I think he served as a decent second voice on WOL, but I'm grimly curious to hear him fly solo.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The modern format of WOL is INCREDIBLY hard to get the hang of with the way the ad break timing etc. works. My cohost appearances are probably the worst wrestling-related audio I've ever done. By far.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DangerDummy! posted:

I've said it before, but he just doesn't bother me. I think he served as a decent second voice on WOL, but I'm grimly curious to hear him fly solo.

He has a better duo with Bryan than he used to now he's getting into playing for the cameras and needling Bryan to the delight of Twitch chat but he really needs someone to bounce off.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bring back Sin Limente

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

davidbix posted:

The modern format of WOL is INCREDIBLY hard to get the hang of with the way the ad break timing etc. works. My cohost appearances are probably the worst wrestling-related audio I've ever done. By far.

Yeah they're really really awful. Wouldn't say they're the worst you've done though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Bring back Sin Limente

limite

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Limite is what we have now, we need Sin Limite!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Fun hearing GEORGE W BUSHI on the newest Rudos Podcast again :)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That's right! With the normal Rudocast co-hosts on vacation, GEORGE W BUSHI joined me this week to talk New Japan Cup and Dominion. I'll also have another episode dropping tomorrow talking AEW with Philip, one of the local podcasters here in the Bay Area.

Check it out!

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoK8M-XzWsU

Audio-

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

algebra testes posted:

Bring back Sin Limente

They need to get Dave and the Professor to do a Sin Limi-Tenay

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

They need to get Dave and the Professor to do a Sin Limi-Tenay

Or find Shawn Stasiak for Sin Li-MEAT-e

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah they're really really awful. Wouldn't say they're the worst you've done though.
Let's put it this way: Those WOLs were the most I was acutely aware of how awful it was going during the actual recording.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dunno never listened

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
i goit immense joy out of bryan and vinny spending a minute laughing at NXT listing Adam Cole as six feet tall

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has Bryan seen the video

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

Let's put it this way: Those WOLs were the most I was acutely aware of how awful it was going during the actual recording.

What years were you on? I've been listening to WOL during my WWE/TNA/CZW/MLW/PWG rewatch (currently in April 2003) and will add the F4W site stuff when I get to 2005.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

collocation posted:

What years were you on? I've been listening to WOL during my WWE/TNA/CZW/MLW/PWG rewatch (currently in April 2003) and will add the F4W site stuff when I get to 2005.
Just a few episodes as a sub when I was writing for the site. They were BAD.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Apparently Bryan talks about Dave in the new B&V but I’m not going to sit through them review Dynamite and NXT to find it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

HPJoker posted:

Apparently Bryan talks about Dave in the new B&V but I’m not going to sit through them review Dynamite and NXT to find it.

No? Well he compares Vinny and Dave's familiarity with fax machines but that's just a lead in to a funny anecdote.

Also their confusion as to when Sunday evening in Japan was... something. I hope they do Dominion

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/GothicLolly/status/1281972238581993472

ok

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

re-wording a post here. i don't understand the tonal clash in the above 'stuff'. it comes across very strange. frick dave and his 'jealousy' words. That's all. have a good afternoon, evening, or night, morning, and so on.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 11, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I 100% believe her accusations, but I also believe that meme video is cringe.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anime avatars are ALWAYS bad

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone else's F4W feeds not updating? I'm not getting the latest WOR nor the F4D UFC recap, this is using PodcastAddict on Android.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone else's F4W feeds not updating? I'm not getting the latest WOR nor the F4D UFC recap, this is using PodcastAddict on Android.

Yeah same here. I'm using doggcatcher and mine jumps from Fridays WOR to today's Figure Four Daily.

E: oh wait it seems to be up now

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

In which Carlos Colon tries to fight a puppet, Kevin Nash tears his quad, Jackie Gayda and Trish Stratus have trouble doing the wrestles, Vince Russo officially joins NWA-TNA while Jerry Jerry defends him online in spite of secretly hating him, and MUCH more.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1282526821536468996
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1282532118850150400

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave and Bryan finding out about Dick Togo in real time is truly fantastic audio

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Low Desert Punk posted:

Dave and Bryan finding out about Dick Togo in real time is truly fantastic audio

Dave: You spoiled it for me!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hard pop for Dave trying to imagine the NFL without open scoring was a really good, dumb bit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
do yourselves a favour and listen to the first minute of the new bryan and vinny and granny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joined the VoW discord to immediately see an argument between John and Joe with Joe gettin' HOT about how people are receiving the EVIL/Naito finish. Good choice.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bryan and Vinny H A T E D Naito v EVIL

Comparisons to Death of WCW and Edge/Orton at Mania. Easily worst NJPW main event in memory.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinny H A T E D Naito v EVIL

Comparisons to Death of WCW and Edge/Orton at Mania. Easily worst NJPW main event in memory.

Just listened to that clip on their YT channel and yep, sums up well why I personally hated it as a match even if I also found it pretty funny

Edit: thanks Lid, I’m dumb & could’ve posted the link myself

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 13, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLpd2Ld82l4

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God this preview image is fantastic :xd:

Also agreeing with their take on the match. And it has me wondering if it would be a quicker WMOTYC nomination here if it were WWE-produced like Edge/Orton at Mania. They were both extremely long, boring matches (yes, the angle for Naito/EVIL did help).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

Joined the VoW discord to immediately see an argument between John and Joe with Joe gettin' HOT about how people are receiving the EVIL/Naito finish. Good choice.

Nothing sums up wrestling in 2020 like "lightly booing is the new mega heat"