Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol at the multiple posters itt who believe they will be able to escape the british isles and not be captured at the border by a Wetherspoons elemental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
They say in the dead of night you can hear old Tim Martins himself striding along the coast, grumbling racist slurs to himself, ready to flatten any would be runners under his giant foot, dash any boats under the water by bringing down his enormous fists on them or grab any planes out of the sky and swallow them whole :spooky:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It wasn’t until the other day I realized we didn’t have a face mask requirement back home. I just assumed because of the hard lockdown that was a given, but whew nope.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol at the multiple posters itt who believe they will be able to escape the british isles and not be captured at the border by a Wetherspoons elemental

Lol

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Arcade Club is brilliant - spent a lovely day at the Bury one a couple of winters ago. Bliss. Unfortunately when I got home I went down with the proper flu, first proper flu I'd had since 1987. So it'll be a while before I go back given the current circumstances. I'm sure they'll try to keep the cabs clean but spending all day in a crowded room full of hundreds of sweaty nerds all fondling one another's joysticks doesn't appeal, at least not for a while.

Sit down Star Wars though.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Ngl, this got a hearty chuckle from me at 1.30 a.m.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Pissing and making GBS threads lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

death stranding but it is the bts that throw piss and poo poo at you

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I am in the office for the 1st time since March. There's me and like 2 other people in this massive space and it all seems strangely dreamlike. Did I really used to come here every working day??

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I had to go to the office to drop off the laptops of two members of my team that have left the job and there were also about two people in there. It's a big open plan thing and it was v weird.

One of them apparently despises working from home so goes in two days a week but shes fighting tooth and nail to get that up to three. The other is the PA for a big executive and to say her work life balance is bad implies that the "life" part exists at all

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

a pizza place i ordered from called all their pizzas by the names of countries. nothing to do with the ingredients. just differentiators

an actual london pizza would have fish and chips on it and cost £30

proper london pizza would be jellied eels :colbert:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It would be a pork or bacon pizza with a hole in the middle

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Gammon pizza

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I really want mushroom pizza now

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

Why is a Margherita pizza with chips and garlic sauce on top called a London Pizza?

I think that's pretty much just a Middlesbrough only thing.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I don't want pizza

I'm going to go home tonight and make a casserole

I'm not going to order pizza

I don't want pizza

I don't

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Crisis Alert!

I ran out of cheddar, Turkish kasar cheese and feta. Bought some craft singles from the cornershop and they were gross. RIP.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Solefald posted:

I really want mushroom pizza now

Go to Iceland and get the ultimate stuffed crust garlic pizza, buy some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, shove the pizza in as is and slice mushrooms and tomatoes in a tray with a bit of olive oil and put it in top of oven. After like 15 minutes whip it all out, add the toppings to the pizza and sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese. Put it back in until cooked

Thank me later

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 14, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i cancelled my gym membership and they sent me some bullshit email about how actually the gym is totally safe because they spaced out the equipment. have they never been to the gym? last time i went i found a barbell covered in dried blood and droplets all over the place leading up the stairs lol

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
I can't be the only one that was disappointed that #FarageGarage isn't the Tory's latest plan to shut him up.. It'd be cheaper than a pub.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

whip it all out

Put it back in

Thank me later

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i cancelled my gym membership and they sent me some bullshit email about how actually the gym is totally safe because they spaced out the equipment. have they never been to the gym? last time i went i found a barbell covered in dried blood and droplets all over the place leading up the stairs lol

While I miss the gyms, holy poo poo, to claim that you can have a "totally safe and clean" gym is just straight up lyin'. Even expensive spa-like gyms were gross before COVID-19.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I can picture a totally safe and clean gym but it's a single person pod that's literally flooded floor to ceiling with disinfectant between users.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Every 3 minutes you have to put on safety goggles and it blasts the room with high intensity UV light. You work out, get disinfected and get a tan all at the same time.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Barry White posted:

I can't be the only one that was disappointed that #FarageGarage isn't the Tory's latest plan to shut him up.. It'd be cheaper than a pub.

A length of rope with a noose is even cheaper.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its a real shame the gyms are unsafe and i cant go

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

No gyms, no kendo, no live music or indoor events, outdoor venues look sad and depressing with staff wearing riot police face masks and people being spaced out like some kind of prison yard gang gathering...:smith:

Personally, I feel the weight of lacking what made life bearable for me but also a good time to discover more about myself, thanks for coming to my Tedtalk.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

But not dying in my lung soup/spreading others if I get it is also good so I'll stick with sheltering a bit more.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NotJustANumber99 posted:

its a real shame the gyms are unsafe and i cant go

pro lifehack: put a power cage in the garage so you can shout ronnie coleman memes and not disturb anyone other than your nearest four or five neighbours, and also not die of plague

if you do not have a garage, then consider whether or not you really *need* a kitchen

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
This is the 1st week anyone's been allowed back on my floor at work and the office is like a time capsule from the Before Days of mid-March. Calendars with the days crossed out abruptly stopping in March, dead plants on people's desks, now-irrelevant lists of priorities scribbled on the whiteboards.

If a bunch of zombies stormed into the office it would totally fit the mood.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its urgent. please wear facemasks in 10 days time. Also its really urgent, those chinese are untrustworthy, please dont use their kit in 7 years from now

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That gives them just long enough to negotiate some more trade deals with China and then quietly shelve it. Also long enough to make it the next government's problem.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the office facilities people have let my plants die I will be v unhappy. They said they would look after them all.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sorry I was they were busy burgling all the biscuits and sweets from everyones desks and all the tea rooms

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=com--q7aIkQ

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I ate all the biscuits from our team's store in the last few days (of sodom) before they kicked me out.

There should still be about a dozen of those little single glass bottles of wine in the cupboard though. Don't know if those will still be there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Galewolf posted:

No gyms, no kendo, no live music or indoor events, outdoor venues look sad and depressing with staff wearing riot police face masks and people being spaced out like some kind of prison yard gang gathering...:smith:

Personally, I feel the weight of lacking what made life bearable for me but also a good time to discover more about myself, thanks for coming to my Tedtalk.

Time to join c25k crew

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Friend went back to the charity shop she works at and found out someone left a flagon of milk in the break room before they shut for lockdown.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Jose posted:

Time to join c25k crew

I quit at week 3 due to mental breakdown-ish reasons last month but might try getting back. That was a bad choice and I regret it immensely :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Noice. Did they do the honest thing and chuck it over someone's garden wall?