Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

In an ideal world I'd be able to have a jukebox-style setup where I never had to see a case.

says the idiot with decorative VHS and Laserdiscs sitting around

I would buy one of those 200 disc CD players for my movies so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

VoodooXT posted:

The set is limited to 13,000, so about the same as the run for Rad. The posters and stuff is limited to 1313.
They bumped the run for the posters up to 7000 pieces.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
I bought a four-disc set of the Daniel Craig Bond films the other day. Digital code is FMZEWK6LXBH4CAD1 via foxredeem.com. IDK if that gets you all four or if you can pick and choose; first person to try report back I guess.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to think that slipcovers meant the copy was from a first pressing, but I just got Blu that isn’t on its first pressing (I assume) [The Cat Returns] with a slipcover.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

CPL593H posted:

I don't have slipcovers I just don't really care about them and don't get all bent out of shape if it's missing or has a 1/20 of an inch crease in the corner like those nutcases on blu-ray.com

Yeah, that's more what I meant by my post. How nuts the blu-ray.com people get over slightest things about slipcovers is more what I don't get.

Also from occasionally poking in over there for deals, it is bizarre how worked up some folks get over shipping delays. Like, we're in the middle of a global pandemic, you can wait an extra week or so for some blu-rays.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

My Twitter Account posted:

They bumped the run for the posters up to 7000 pieces.

Yeah, I'm aware. I've been posting more in the Discord.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One thing about slipcovers is they cover up the little plastic blu Ray header (which itself only really came about so people wouldn’t confuse them for DVDs.)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, you can't rule out idiots being idiots but blu ray cases are smaller and thinner than DVD cases and usually have "BLU RAY" written on the cover, not to mention most of them are blue translucent plastic. I think slipcovers actually make them look more like DVDs, especially considering it makes them bigger and less distinct and DVDs also come in slipcases.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slipcovers in my experience seem to be so they can be displayed in store racks without glare from the fluorescent lights on the plastic case obscuring the cover art at some angles.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Almost Blue posted:

Yeah, that's more what I meant by my post. How nuts the blu-ray.com people get over slightest things about slipcovers is more what I don't get.

Also from occasionally poking in over there for deals, it is bizarre how worked up some folks get over shipping delays. Like, we're in the middle of a global pandemic, you can wait an extra week or so for some blu-rays.

But I need my limited edition Age of Ultron plastic robot head case right loving now!

I Before E posted:

Slipcovers in my experience seem to be so they can be displayed in store racks without glare from the fluorescent lights on the plastic case obscuring the cover art at some angles.

And ironically stores barely even sell movies anymore.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What I love about slip covers is that the manufacturers calls them “o-rings,” which just profoundly filthy. They’re rectangles, for gently caress’s sake.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What I love about slip covers is that the manufacturers calls them “o-rings,” which just profoundly filthy. They’re rectangles, for gently caress’s sake.

I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me...

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Uncle Lloyd posted:

I bought a four-disc set of the Daniel Craig Bond films the other day. [Redacted] via foxredeem.com. IDK if that gets you all four or if you can pick and choose; first person to try report back I guess.

Eh, someone took it without saying thanks.

Anyone psyched for the Hitchcock October release? I also heard we’re getting a Nightmare on Elm Street set. Count me the gently caress in! Even though I just bought the 8-movie set.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

They should make a NOES box set that's just eight copies of the second movie.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

If anyone visits the Goodwill near my house in the next day or two they should be able to find this. I just need three more copies of NOES 2.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Picked up the Bruce Lee Criterion today. It's so very pretty

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Eh, someone took it without saying thanks.

Anyone psyched for the Hitchcock October release? I also heard we’re getting a Nightmare on Elm Street set. Count me the gently caress in! Even though I just bought the 8-movie set.

Where'd you hear about the NOES set????

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I’ve spent too much this month already and I promised my GF no more movies.

Benefit where I can’t, Bruce has been restocked!

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-bruce-lee-his-greatest-hits/34875901?ean=0715515247214

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CPL593H posted:

That reminds me I still need to watch the documentary about the 2nd one.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I think I'm gonna hold off on that Hitchcock set and just hope that they do a standalone Vertigo release later on.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I think I'm gonna hold off on that Hitchcock set and just hope that they do a standalone Vertigo release later on.

Please talk me into this as well

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Please talk me into this as well

Well my reasoning is that I already have a pretty nice Hitchcock set with all of those movies and I'm pretty happy with it. Vertigo is a special case, I'd buy that in any format they release it in.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Arrow release of Ronin looks really drat good and it’s a good film as well

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Excited to say that the first movie I'll be watching on my 4K TV tomorrow won't be Lawrence of Arabia, The Shining or Apocalypse Now but a film that is far superior to all of them - Rad. Would that I had picked up Tammy and the T. Rex in 4K.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

That Friday the 13th set is now on Amazon which doesn't charge you until it ships if you want to get in a preorder.

https://www.amazon.com/Friday-the-13th-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B07GNV288V

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

It's also 20 bucks cheaper.

You don't get the posters but I already have a bunch of framed posters on my walls so it's not a huge loss.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Biff Rockgroin posted:

It's also 20 bucks cheaper.

You don't get the posters but I already have a bunch of framed posters on my walls so it's not a huge loss.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Great, now I have to buy seven of those box sets.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

and now Kino has a sale
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/lazy-hazy-crazy-summer-sale?fbclid=IwAR3mB9QArkiHlKxJ7nwslXrNeybjCse-rwu7iG9XF22lHOdRiZEdwEeRplM

Actually a lot of great stuff including a bunch of new releases.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never seen a Friday the 13th movie... Maybe this is where 8 jump in

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've never seen a Friday the 13th movie... Maybe this is where 8 jump in

Just watch Jason Takes Manhattan.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

Just watch Jason X, the franchise peak.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Watch Jason Goes to Hell, on the off-chance that you'll be one of the few people who doesn't dislike it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Almost Blue posted:

Watch Jason Goes to Hell, on the off-chance that you'll be one of the few people who doesn't dislike it

I haven't seen it since I was in high school in the 90's, but I remember liking it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Jason Goes to Hell would maybe be remembered more fondly if it weren't a Friday the 13th movie. Jason as we know him is barely in it and they introduce so much terrible lore with the magic dagger and poo poo. Creighton Duke is cool though and it has good effects.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
The New Blood is the best one

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

RichterIX posted:

seconded

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

RichterIX posted:

The last 20 minutes of The New Blood are fantastic, along with the "Best of Jason" sequence at the beginning. Those in the know acknowledge that part 3 is the best one. Honestly, minus Jason Goes to Hell (which is horrible aside from the first five minutes and the Freddy appearance) and the somewhat mean-spirited remake (Friday the 13th movies are supposed to be fun, some of the deaths in that one are too Hostel-like for my tastes), they're all extremely watchable and fun,. Part 5 has a lot of great sequences, even if it is a bit of a cheat. Part 6 is hilarious, has Thom Mathews being extra Thom Mathews-y, and the James Bond title sequence is amazing. I love Friday the 13th movies.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ultraviolence123 posted:

The last 20 minutes of The New Blood are fantastic, along with the "Best of Jason" sequence at the beginning. Those in the know acknowledge that part 3 is the best one. Honestly, minus Jason Goes to Hell (which is horrible aside from the first five minutes and the Freddy appearance) and the somewhat mean-spirited remake (Friday the 13th movies are supposed to be fun, some of the deaths in that one are too Hostel-like for my tastes), they're all extremely watchable and fun,. Part 5 has a lot of great sequences, even if it is a bit of a cheat. Part 6 is hilarious, has Thom Mathews being extra Thom Mathews-y, and the James Bond title sequence is amazing. I love Friday the 13th movies.

I think it's definitely the most even of the big slasher franchises. With the exception of Hell and maybe Manhattan you just kind of know what you're getting for your money with Friday the 13th. No reason to gently caress with the formula when the formula is what you're after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's not just consistent, it's really pretty unique for a series in that almost every single entry has supporters that will claim it as their favorite. Which is why Jason Goes to Hell always stands out, it's one of the very few that you really don't ever see someone put in that #1 spot. The other one I guess would be Part 5 but I've seen plenty of posts around here about how Part 5 is great so even that isn't quite the same as Jason Goes to Hell which seems to be the consensus worst.