Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

feedmyleg posted:

Now that CG is ubiquitous and the Jurassic Park franchise has turned into a cartoon which may as well be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, can we please get another dinosaur horror franchise going? Ideally something somewhat grounded that downplays the spectacle, because nobody is impressed by a big CG creature anymore.

I'll even take a Carnosaur reboot at this point.

My dude let me show you the wonders of tammy and the T. rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

As a whole, I found Pelosi showing off her deep freeze packed with Ben and Jerry's to be worse.

I didn't honestly see how that song was so bad. Celebs talking about Quarantine being tough when their homes have 7 guest rooms, a home gym, a screening room and 3 pools was way, way more of a WTF moment. The dumb song seemed like more of a "let's do something fun to make people forget for a moment."

Last month, Will Ferrell went and recorded a bunch of short congrats messages to a bunch of LA schools unsolicited. It was a random and kind of nice thing to do. I know a bunch of kids that were like "OMG Anchorman/Elfguy?!" and it just brightened their day a little.

Everyone hates Hollywood because it’s easier to stab their face than the guy in dc controlling your purse strings

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Just make a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs/Xenozoic Tales movie you goddamn cowards

Seriously that poo poo actually owned

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

FilthyImp posted:

As a whole, I found Pelosi showing off her deep freeze packed with Ben and Jerry's to be worse.

It wasn't Ben & Jerry's (probably because B&J's is too "leftist" for her), it was some other inappropriately expensive brand.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If it was Talenti then I really can't fault her. If I was stupid rich I'd have a freezer full of that stuff. I wouldn't show it off to the peasants like it was a relatable thing, though. I'd horde it like a dragon and die of a dairy overdose.

Alan Smithee posted:

My dude let me show you the wonders of tammy and the T. rex

I said horror not romantic comedy :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Now that CG is ubiquitous and the Jurassic Park franchise has turned into a cartoon which may as well be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, can we please get another dinosaur horror franchise going? Ideally something somewhat grounded that downplays the spectacle, because nobody is impressed by a big CG creature anymore.

Jurassic Park but it's more faithful to the novel.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

If it was Talenti then I really can't fault her. If I was stupid rich I'd have a freezer full of that stuff. I wouldn't show it off to the peasants like it was a relatable thing, though. I'd horde it like a dragon and die of a dairy overdose.

I said horror not romantic comedy :v:

My dude let me show you the wonders of tammy and the T. rex (R rated cut)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Had that 4K sitting on my coffee table for like 2 months! I might actually get on it tonight as a double-feature with Unmasked Part 25.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Jurassic Park but it's more faithful to the novel.

I'd far prefer The Lost World: Jurassic Park but it's more faithful to the novel. That book slaps.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Biff Rockgroin posted:

It wasn't Ben & Jerry's (probably because B&J's is too "leftist" for her), it was some other inappropriately expensive brand.

https://shop.jenis.com/pick-your-own-mix/

Seems to be slightly over twice the price of B&J's.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 12, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's a local shop here but that begs the question why she's getting west coast ice cream in the east coast

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alan Smithee posted:

it's a local shop here but that begs the question why she's getting west coast ice cream in the east coast

They are a large donor to her campaign, she didn't pay for the ice cream.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jeni's Ice Cream are part of the Epstein Cinematic Universe.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe it's just the way the photos are taken but drat does that ice cream look delicious though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Probably due to a higher milkfat content. The more milkfat it has, the more creamy and delicious it is. And the more expensive.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I'd far prefer The Lost World: Jurassic Park but it's more faithful to the novel. That book slaps.

Especially how all the dinosaurs die from prions as Crichton's way of saying "I'm not writing a third Jurassic Park novel". But really, I want to see a more faithful JP1 adaption so I can see the lawyer get into a fistfight with a raptor.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

feedmyleg posted:

Wonder if the rights to 2000AD's Flesh are available? Time-travelling corporate-funded cowboys go back to just before the mass extinction to slaughter dinosaurs for meat, and mostly end up being eaten themselves.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alan Smithee posted:

Did you put those words in the right place? Ohio is far more East than it is west

But even then assuming Google isn't telling me the wrong zip code there's a few dozen places that sell it around there

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Len posted:

Did you put those words in the right place? Ohio is far more East than it is west

But even then assuming Google isn't telling me the wrong zip code there's a few dozen places that sell it around there

well then

stop stealing my sunshine

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sir Kodiak posted:

America is handling this way worse than much of the world and I'm a little sympathetic to foreigners who might not realize how bad it is here.

Dude, it's bad everywhere.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alhazred posted:

Dude, it's bad everywhere.

Many countries are in pretty good shape actually.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I want a hobbit hole in new zealand :negative:

but with modern amenities plz

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

The Turok comics are especially interesting because despite the pulpy premise, they were interested in being as historically and scientifically accurate as possible—to the degree that in between issues were educational sections about anthropology and paleontology filled with the best knowledge of the time aimed at younger readers. Obviously most of it is incredibly dated now, but it's surprising that they really tried to treat the dinosaurs like animals and were (relatively) respectful to Native American cultures in their research and depictions.

There were also primitive tribes in the valley (which were somewhat problematic) that could serve an interesting function in the story, especially because Turok had a bow and arrow and the ability to make fire, which made him significantly more technologically advanced than them.
I got Turok: Dinosaur Hunter as a three-year-old (my parents didn't pay attention to the age rating) and I had no clue the original comic was this grounded. Kinda wish I had some of them as a kid now, even if I probably wouldn't have remembered the things I read about in the educational segments.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'd be fine with something like ARK where it's obviously sci-fi but they strive to be as accurate with the dinosaurs as possible. Feathered dinosaurs, swimming spinosaurs and making a carnotaurus slam into trees by making 90 degree turns.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I'd be fine with something like ARK where it's obviously sci-fi but they strive to be as accurate with the dinosaurs as possible. Feathered dinosaurs, swimming spinosaurs and making a carnotaurus slam into trees by making 90 degree turns.

And just everyone making GBS threads left and right. The gently caress kind of mechanic is that though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fishylungs posted:

And just everyone making GBS threads left and right. The gently caress kind of mechanic is that though.

The best kind :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

for a Kaitlin Bennett simulator there's a weird lack of guns

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1282722527194877953?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Homorobotic volleyball

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fishylungs posted:

an essential one

in ARK, it's entirely possible for other players to drop you naked in a pit and just leave you there, in order to be rear end in a top hat trolls and/or go raid your poo poo while you're incapacitated. the easiest way to kill yourself and respawn? poo poo like crazy and devour your own fecal matter until you poison yourself to death.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Saw Predator a couple nights ago on the big screen. It was hilarious to watch with a small crowd. Such a killer soundtrack too.

My new favorite part: as they are about to leave the village they’ve just destroyed, Dutch says to Mac “Clear the area; leave no traces!” Not sure what the poor guy is supposed to do - there’s a hundred corpses and everything’s on fire.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

an essential one

in ARK, it's entirely possible for other players to drop you naked in a pit and just leave you there, in order to be rear end in a top hat trolls and/or go raid your poo poo while you're incapacitated. the easiest way to kill yourself and respawn? poo poo like crazy and devour your own fecal matter until you poison yourself to death.

And this is why I never got into ARK.

Habibus
Jan 9, 2005

But I poop from there!

Love the volleyball, but no gerwalk/guardian mode? What kind of crappy transforming F14 are you trying to sell us?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Habibus posted:

Love the volleyball, but no gerwalk/guardian mode? What kind of crappy transforming F14 are you trying to sell us?

Does the volleyball transform? Does it come with a dead Anthony Edwards?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1283809832953413639?s=20

didnt zoe K already do an asmr commercial

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Asylum to release CALM WORLD at the same time, starring Gilbert Gottfried, Fran Drescher, Quenting Tarantino, the voice actor of Norman Price from Fireman Sam, and Bobcat Goldthwait.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

The Asylum to release CALM WORLD at the same time, starring Gilbert Gottfried, Fran Drescher, Quenting Tarantino, the voice actor of Norman Price from Fireman Sam, and Bobcat Goldthwait.

Make it a sequel to Cool World and you've hooked me!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hustler Video Parodies to release A World of Calm.jpg

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Wouldn’t CLAM WORLD be the better XXX parody title?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

not if you're an assman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

whydirt posted:

Wouldn’t CLAM WORLD be the better XXX parody title?

I prefer to Clam World instead of a Sausage Party, that's for sure.

Also pretty funny that the people who made the movie Sausage Party will be making the next Ninja Turtles movie.