Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought Disco Elsyium because it was still on sale...i really wanted to wait until it had a switch port because my PC is currently sitting on the marble counter in my bedroom with no comfortable way to use it. Hope the mac port is good. I have no self control. YOSPOS bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bought Disco Elsyium because it was still on sale...i really wanted to wait until it had a switch port because my PC is currently sitting on the marble counter in my bedroom with no comfortable way to use it. Hope the mac port is good. I have no self control. YOSPOS bitch.

mac port is fine after the first patch (initially it would segfault for me on launch). i started on windows and finished on mac just fine.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
half-life Alyx report now that I’ve dealt with driver bullshit:

it’s a fun-rear end experience and they clearly took great pride in making the act of reloading your gun incredibly annoying. that being said there’s still no specific reason it HAD to be in VR other than they worked real hard on the textures of things you can pick up.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

...is that good

(been meaning to try it soon via psnow once i finish gow2018)

yeah I like it, as long as you don’t try to play it as basic shootmans and sneak around a ’lil.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pardot posted:

mac port is fine after the first patch (initially it would segfault for me on launch). i started on windows and finished on mac just fine.
o fuk there’s finally a mac port?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

it’s a really cool game but you can lose progress so stupidly. I entered a fail state because I failed an easy check for examining footsteps and lost half an hour because my guy quit the force or some crap lmao. save often

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i am reminded of playing police quest 1 where you always died unless you walked around your car before leaving to “check the tires”

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

burning swine posted:

alright I bought subnautica based largely on the recommendations in this thread

time to get moist

:getin:

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i am reminded of playing police quest 1 where you always died unless you walked around your car before leaving to “check the tires”

this was a legit game mechanic back then since games were short. Like Larry, boning that lady without a condom you died of AIDS right away. usually it takes at least several hours.

also loved the thing when you forgot to pick up Item at scene #2 and then need it at scene #11 and there was no way to go back so you just had to start over.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They've been updating the game a lot, and moved it to the latest version of Unity so it should work alright.

I wanna buy Ghost of Tsushima but I feel like I won't finish it in the same way I haven't finished Death Stranding on the FF7 Remake yet despite liking both of those. My brain is rotting with age and as far as games go I keep gravitating to roguelikes/action RPGs/lootershooter stuff since those are quick to pick up/put down and are more replayable.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

computer toucher posted:

also loved the thing when you forgot to pick up Item at scene #2 and then need it at scene #11 and there was no way to go back so you just had to start over.
the skull instead of brick in the labyrinth thing from kq6 comes to mind

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I wanna buy Ghost of Tsushima but I feel like I won't finish it in the same way I haven't finished Death Stranding on the FF7 Remake yet despite liking both of those.
i’ve been hearing that since the “kurosawa filter” buzz died down that it’s another relentless open world game that didn’t need to be like that. i’d say keep waiting

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
mac gaming for me is using moonlight to connect to a windows pc -- don't know why you guys are excited about mac ports unless ur doing it wrong

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

annoys me that disco elysium is not out natively on linux when it has a mac port. it does work with proton if you apply some tweaks, but argh - it's a unity game, just loving choose the linux target and press compile

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

probably don’t want to sacrifice the cool music

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

WilWheaton posted:

mac gaming for me is using moonlight to connect to a windows pc -- don't know why you guys are excited about mac ports unless ur doing it wrong

is there any compelling reason to use nvidia gamestream with moonlight instead of steam with in-home streaming, I hate the geforce experience application

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jesus WEP posted:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

jesus WEP posted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jesus WEP posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

been playing cosmic star heroine and, while pretty cheesy, it's a decent chronotriggervania

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

been playing cosmic star heroine and, while pretty cheesy, it's a decent chronotriggervania
i got about halfway through i think before bouncing off but it’s fun for quite a while. might pick it back up again

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i got about halfway through i think before bouncing off but it’s fun for quite a while. might pick it back up again

yeah i can deffo see just never playing it again at some point but it really makes it easy to progress and all the standard fiddly rpg bullshit is cut out

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

r u ready to WALK posted:

is there any compelling reason to use nvidia gamestream with moonlight instead of steam with in-home streaming, I hate the geforce experience application

Probably not, the geforce experience is complete garbage admittedly.

But the point's the same -- lmao if you're actually using the mac hardware itself to crunch the numbers for video james

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah i can deffo see just never playing it again at some point but it really makes it easy to progress and all the standard fiddly rpg bullshit is cut out
it’s really good gameplay while it lasts but the story/characters/setting is just a big ol’ nothing for the most part iirc

that dev (zeboyd) really tends to fall into that trap in their games imo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was sold on disco Elysian when I was trying to convince a guy to let me bite his sandwich by describing how he could improve it with skill checks and instead of taking the sandwich my guy just stared out into the ocean and sadly pines for this hypothetical impossibly delicious sandwich he made up

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Sagebrush posted:

https://twitter.com/Kazel_93/status/1281290048584003584

is this actually bad? i was told in first year of university, when i first learned the acronym, that that's what A stands for :confused:

its generally considered to stand for 'asexual'. 'ally' is the second (?) A in LGBTQIAA. when i was in uni they were trying to make 'QUILTBAGS' a thing. i've never understood the need to make 'allyship' a thing, maybe that makes sense in cultures where homophobia is a norm but in the modern west allyship amounts to the bare minimum to not be a dirtbag

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was sold on disco Elysian when I was trying to convince a guy to let me bite his sandwich by describing how he could improve it with skill checks and instead of taking the sandwich my guy just stared out into the ocean and sadly pines for this hypothetical impossibly delicious sandwich he made up

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

its generally considered to stand for 'asexual'. 'ally' is the second (?) A in LGBTQIAA. when i was in uni they were trying to make 'QUILTBAGS' a thing. i've never understood the need to make 'allyship' a thing, maybe that makes sense in cultures where homophobia is a norm but in the modern west allyship amounts to the bare minimum to not be a dirtbag

Homophobia is the norm in every single society.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
The new superhot is out. You probably have it for free if you bought the first one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no vr support (either for playing or getting it free), lame

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

haveblue posted:

no vr support (either for playing or getting it free), lame

yeah theres no way I would go back to flat-earth SUPERHOT after playing it in VR; maybe if they do a VR version of this new one it'll be a freeb for previous VR owners.

also what I came to post; Beneath A Steel Sky was a good old-school pixel point&click adventure, there's a sequel out today

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146310/Beyond_a_Steel_Sky/

looks good.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

are the banner saga games any good? ive been intrigued and they're on sale on stem

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i love how in the deadly premonition games York just walks in on some insanely hosed up situation going on and just nonchalantly starts smoking a cigarette

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it’s a really cool game but you can lose progress so stupidly. I entered a fail state because I failed an easy check for examining footsteps and lost half an hour because my guy quit the force or some crap lmao. save often

afaik there is no fail state in DE, you can always progress (usually by levelling up the skill and retrying the check, when everything seems useless).

burning swine
May 26, 2004

subnautica: I built my first base and it had power and air and everything. Moved all my stuff over there and organized it

clickthrough'd the warning on exit about how I hadn't saved my game for 3 hours

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

abigserve posted:

afaik there is no fail state in DE, you can always progress (usually by levelling up the skill and retrying the check, when everything seems useless).

I just meant game over. I ran out of morale and didn’t understand what happened at the time

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just meant game over. I ran out of morale and didn’t understand what happened at the time

oh! yeah that'll get ya

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

also i don't think the game clearly tells you this, but: as you hit zero in morale/health you have like 2-3 seconds to hit the button to use a healing item to prevent death. which is pretty kind really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Roosevelt posted:

are the banner saga games any good? ive been intrigued and they're on sale on stem

yeah they're cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah theres no way I would go back to flat-earth SUPERHOT after playing it in VR; maybe if they do a VR version of this new one it'll be a freeb for previous VR owners.
they mentioned something vaguely about working on a vr thing they want to show eventually