Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Im utterly convinced we have a spokes / textbork scum team holy poo poo they're playing off each other so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I hope you enjoy crow!

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Nope. Just insanely easy for people to use the fact that I'm bad at this.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Everyone's bad then you learn to take weird eastern euro combat drugs that make you want to fight things before posting.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Anyone else have poo poo they wanna chew through or am I hitting the dab

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Tommu posted:

Everyone's bad then you learn to take weird eastern euro combat drugs that make you want to fight things before posting.

I don't... see how that would help. I already got my fight or flight triggered and fighting by being defensive is bad. Admitting I don't have any certain takes not fueled by omgus doesn't help either. Hammering before IllegallySober can get back from his meeting is pretty funny, though.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

You need to fight something else

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Man, I can't attack and dethrone god. It's too hard. He's got the ultimate scumteam.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I take back what I said: dmboogie, you were right to coast. Keep it up! It looks like a good strategy from here.

Tell me again how much you don't like Somberbrero's posts, Tommu. It helps just a little.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Tommu posted:

Why are you not voting for book text book then

That post was about boogie

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Spokes posted:

That post was about boogie

But devil creature's saying I've been useless, as well! (It's got more truth to it than I'd like.)

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

But devil creature's saying I've been useless, as well! (It's got more truth to it than I'd like.)

Yeah this honestly

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Tommu posted:

Yeah this honestly

Keep spitting out "I don't like this" and "this is a bad post" and not offering much else of substance. It's a good look.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

textbookOrigins posted:

Keep spitting out "I don't like this" and "this is a bad post" and not offering much else of substance. It's a good look.

Lmao

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

##vote textbook

Rip in piss

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this does feel like it sucks but v0v

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

welp that was hammer

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

textbookOrigins (5): Roydrowsy, Scientastic, Roydrowsy, sandnavyguy, IllegallySober, Tommu, Tommu, Somberbrero, Tommu
Scientastic (2): sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Scientastic, textbookOrigins, Roydrowsy, sandnavyguy
dmboogie (1): Spokes, Spokes, Spokes
Somberbrero (0): Tommu, Spokes, Tommu, Spokes
Spokes (0): dmboogie, IllegallySober, Scientastic, Scientastic, Somberbrero, IllegallySober, dmboogie, Somberbrero
sandnavyguy (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (1): dmboogie

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 15th, 2020 at 12:15 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The babies gathered and began furiously debating. As the time passed it became clear that one baby was being singled out. He spoke differently to the other babies, a mind well beyond his visible years. He spoke of having lived a long life, and of now wanting only a better one for those he came across. Eloquently he made his defence, talking of how he occupied himself with the blocks, building models of japanese WWII bunkers and models of theatres in New York and Paris.

Ultimately, his words fell on ears that could barely understand english. Though spirited in his convictions, the other babies began to turn on him. Many weren’t sure if he’d done it, but they needed a culprit and he was pointed out.

Frustration boiling over, he finally turned and spoke directly to James.

“I’ve experienced a lifetime of strange occurrences. From people constantly staring at my appearance, barely learning how to walk, to a goddamn invasion of the japanese islands. This? This baby kangaroo court you’ve made here? It’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I’ve had enough, to hell with your cookies. I’m going home”

textbookOrigins, Benjamin Button – Daycare aligned Tracker Baby Who Has Seen Some poo poo has taken their ball and left the daycare!

Sheila looked over from where she was cleaning by the window. “What’s happened, James, who did it?”
With a very satisfied look on his face, he replied “I don’t really understand, but it looks like we’re one baby closer to being able to feed everyone.” Turning back to the remaining babies, “Doesn’t everyone just look so exhausted now. I think it’s time for a little rest so Sheila and I can clean up here. Everyone, go find your blankies!”

PLAY TIME IS OVER. IT IS NOW NAP TIME

Nap time will end Friday morning around 3 am, or when all night actions are submitted (and I've seen them)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Scientastic (2): sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Scientastic, Roydrowsy
dmboogie (1): Spokes, Spokes, Spokes
Spokes (1): dmboogie, IllegallySober, Scientastic, Scientastic, Somberbrero, IllegallySober, dmboogie
Somberbrero (0): Tommu, Spokes, Tommu, Spokes
sandnavyguy (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (4): dmboogie, IllegallySober, Scientastic, Tommu

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 15th, 2020 at 12:15 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The babies managed to get to sleep, drifting off in their own little worlds wrapped up in their blankies. A frustrated sleep for some, but the stress of the day had made them tired. Soon, sadly, they were woken by a shocked cry. Rubbing the sleep from their eyes the made their way to where one of their number stood, staring at the mess in front of them.

A few started to tear up, others just stood in silence with wide eyes. Lying on the ground was a gruesome sight. A head, with mouth agape and lifeless eyes lay before them, perhaps most importantly separated from the body lying next to it split from belly to neck. What was supposed to be inside was spilling out and onto the carpet.
As they came to realise what it all meant, one alone stood completely emotionless. He was an adventurer, a child of heightened curiosity. He’d wandered for what seemed like years as he and his companions had found themselves in many different situations but for once he’d struck out on his own. As he looked at the mess before him he was reminded why he’d left home this time around, and with a quiet voice he whispered one word.

Reptar...

The body of his favourite toy was now squished and deformed and he knew it was time to go. The daycare had been a place to stop off, to meet new friends and maybe new companions, a place to rest and plan his next adventure. Hiking up his diaper and adjusting his shirt, he turned to the doorway leading to the entrance. He gave a slow look around the circle of babies in front of him, their faces not giving him any clues as to who was responsible and he would find no one to come with him here. A short nod to each of the others in the circle and he began to walk away.

James and Sheila appeared in the doorway, called in by the initial sound of crying that they’d heard. They looked at the baby walking past them with his head held high, and saw the destroyed toy in front of them. Sharing a glance in silent horror that one of their charges could have done this, they let him walk on by.

IllegallySober, Tommy Pickles – Daycare aligned Vanilla rugrat has left the daycare in search of Reptar!

James and Sheila approached the circle of babies.

“Now kids, what did we say earlier... who did this? We need to make sure you’re all safe. We can’t have the child who did this stay any longer. Anyone who knows anything, please tell us? Once we know and have dealt with it, you can have your toys, okay?”

NAP TIME HAS ENDED. IT IS NOW PLAY TIME.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 15, 2020

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (7): dmboogie, Roydrowsy, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Somberbrero, Spokes, Tommu

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2020 at 3 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sober is an odd choice. I don't like Scientastic being absent around deadline. Tommu feels town.

##vote Spokes

Can we vote this turkey out now that they've had a day to play?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah like, it's a nine player game, there's not a lot of room to hide. And honestly I think pretty much everyone is doing like, okay?

Posting to defend boogie's inaction

Somberbrero posted:

A lurker case on boogie does not make me feel much better about spokes.

Opining that my case against boogie is weak, and after i expand on it...

Somberbrero posted:

This is true in the hypothetical reality where scientastic was ever in danger of being flipped today. However, i can't see it as opportunistic when he was hardly ever in danger.

You say that not only is my argument true, but subtly trying to reinforce that boogie isn't a threat. Also laying the groundwork for boogie to come back before hammer without looking suspicious if he had to cast the deciding vote (he didn't, lol)

Somberbrero posted:

Okay I tried

Voting textbook to end the day before boogie had to defend his weird equivocating posts (but boogie did immediately show up to let us know it was hammer and to stop talking)

Boogie is suspicious as hell, and you going so hard for him is also suspicious as hell. I think you're both scum but i'll put my vote on the person who's going to read the thread and can defend themselves

##vote Somberbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I see Spokes is no longer voting dmboogie, why is he trying so hard to protect him???

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

I see Spokes is no longer voting dmboogie, why is he trying so hard to protect him???

lmao

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I am also a little unsure what happened there.

Time to go back and reread Illegal for clues

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

IllegallySober posted:

Somber’s point on Spokes doing what he accused Somber of themselves is interesting. I can see something there.

Hmmmm

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

You guys decided to kill IS to keep tunneling me the next day and *that* is the post you wanted to stake your game on citing? Yikes

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Here’s where I’m at right now from a quick check of the player list:

Town

Me, obviously

Leaning Town

Scientastic: has toned down the aggression just a smidge from last game I played with him where he was super aggro and also scum. I’ve liked the thought behind his cases for the most part, he’s asking the right questions in my book.

Roydrowsy: light on posts compared to some, but tone and thought seem genuine so far

Null (mostly due to lack of posting)

dmboogie
sandnavyguy
Spokes
Tommu

Leaning Scum

TextbookOrigins: don’t like the defensive reaction to Sci’s case as stated, has continued to dig in

Somber: Didn’t like the opening comment about Sci, although I like TO as a better vote for now.

There really isn’t much to go on in most of Sober’s posts (I tried it. So many S names... gonna stick with Illegal).

They gave off a strong town feel. It looks like they were playing the game earnestly, but I don’t know that they were accomplishing a lot in the game... they had a null read on half the players at this point in the game...

Doing this on the phone sucks... let me transition over and I’ll follow up

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

I would like to hear more from Tommu and dmboogie, among others.

Somberbrero posted:

Sober is an odd choice. I don't like Scientastic being absent around deadline. Tommu feels town.

##vote Spokes

Can we vote this turkey out now that they've had a day to play?

Spokes feels a little bit like Textbook 2.
They make an obvious and convenient target coming into into day two (as sorts the second place favorite).

The problem is... as Textbook shows... when people come in and don’t know what they are done, it quickly comes off as scummy.

Spokes is weird and defensive. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. Somber - how do you think Spokes’s weird defensive play fits with with Illegal night kill?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Roydrowsy posted:

Spokes feels a little bit like Textbook 2.
They make an obvious and convenient target coming into into day two (as sorts the second place favorite).

The problem is... as Textbook shows... when people come in and don’t know what they are done, it quickly comes off as scummy.

Spokes is weird and defensive. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. Somber - how do you think Spokes’s weird defensive play fits with with Illegal night kill?

If I were going to ascribe meaning to it, I would say that I was too obvious a NK choice and instead Spokes ganked someone willing to listen. That said, night kill spec has limits.

Think about this, Spokes climbed down off me, but I remained consistent in voicing my suspicion through the end of the day. Today, Spokes wants to vote me. What changed? He came in locked and loaded with a case prepped in response to me voting him.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

If I were going to ascribe meaning to it, I would say that I was too obvious a NK choice and instead Spokes ganked someone willing to listen. That said, night kill spec has limits.

Think about this, Spokes climbed down off me, but I remained consistent in voicing my suspicion through the end of the day. Today, Spokes wants to vote me. What changed? He came in locked and loaded with a case prepped in response to me voting him.

"ganking somebody willing to listen" seems maybe a bit subtle for Spokes. I get those panicky noob vibes from him, but if they are scum, I can't imagine they'd be able to hide it for the rest of the day.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Boogie, we haven't heard much from you so far in this game.
Now might be a good time to share something?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It’s not in response to you voting me, it’s in response to just how many of your posts are covering for boogie, who I absolutely suspect. He’s made useless post after useless post but made sure to be here for hammer so nobody had any further discussion. And then today he’s clearly reading the thread but is willing to stand aside (again) and let you try to start a train on me, just like he did yesterday on textbook and that worked out great for scum

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Roydrowsy posted:

Boogie, we haven't heard much from you so far in this game.
Now might be a good time to share something?

i think textbook’s flip reflects poorly on science and i find it interesting that no one is bringing that up

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

It’s not in response to you voting me, it’s in response to just how many of your posts are covering for boogie, who I absolutely suspect. He’s made useless post after useless post but made sure to be here for hammer so nobody had any further discussion. And then today he’s clearly reading the thread but is willing to stand aside (again) and let you try to start a train on me, just like he did yesterday on textbook and that worked out great for scum

wait what are you even saying here

posting the equivalent of the fukken hammer emoji was a deliberate scheme from me? like, if I hadn’t checked votefinder to see if hammer had happened, town would’ve had more time to post?????

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

calling my posting up to this point useless is a fair point spokes you don’t need to do fifth dimensional chess to try and explain everything I’ve done as a scum tactic

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

dmboogie posted:

wait what are you even saying here

posting the equivalent of the fukken hammer emoji was a deliberate scheme from me? like, if I hadn’t checked votefinder to see if hammer had happened, town would’ve had more time to post?????

I’m saying you were clearly watching the votes go on someone who flipped town while actively not posting (after being super-inactive in the first place and making equivocating posts), and any claim that you weren’t doing that falls flat *because* you immediately posted hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

I’m saying you were clearly watching the votes go on someone who flipped town while actively not posting (after being super-inactive in the first place and making equivocating posts), and any claim that you weren’t doing that falls flat *because* you immediately posted hammer

i was catching up with the thread not mashing f5 man