Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Saw Merlini own the final boss by using Weaver, who goes fast to avoid all dumb bullshit spells but also can attack while invisible with Shikuchi and the boss just stands there confused. His team all died and the game actually got 1000% easier because he could just press the invis button and then attack for a long time before needing to recast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef
Jul 26, 2004

rjmccall posted:

The Aghanim quotes sound like they were written by Slacks.
I would put my money on Eric Wolpal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was in a group last night that got to an alchemist fight and then got completely owned by them despite not really having too much trouble before that, so that was fun.

Has anyone theorycrafted out which talents we should be going for? I was thinking of going down the int tree for spell amp and mana but the end of that tree is something we theoretically shouldn't need.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Weaver seems to be ultra top tier. His geminate attack upgrades are all insane. Just beat Aghanim with...

Geminate splashes to 4 additional units
Geminate lifesteals for 20% of the damage dealt
Geminate applies the current level of The Swarm to all targets hit
And the 25 talent +1 geminate attacks.

The real winner in the lategame is The Swarm, though. Even the common upgrades boost it considerably, and there aren’t many good sources of -armor. With some minor talenting (his level 20 “+4 attacks to kill” is necessary) you can both crowd control and apply like -25 armor to everything it hits.

Also, of course, Sukuchi allows you to kite almost everything.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ItsSafeNow

if anyone wants to add me to try this with non-pubs, hit me up

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

sugar free jazz posted:

that laser is bullshit

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Saw Merlini own the final boss by using Weaver, who goes fast to avoid all dumb bullshit spells but also can attack while invisible with Shikuchi and the boss just stands there confused. His team all died and the game actually got 1000% easier because he could just press the invis button and then attack for a long time before needing to recast

I got to the final boss as WD and I was able to survive for like 10 minutes after my entire team had died. Some observations:
  • Aghanim is really not very threatening if you have Heart and a way to dodge the laser. Force Staff works, but resist the urge to use it to dodge anything other than the laser. I nearly died once because it was on CD when the laser happened.
  • There appears to be a soft enrage where Aghanim's projectiles get faster the longer the fight goes on. For most of the battle, I was able to dodge most attacks by just moving. By the end even the basic crystal shots were fast enough they were impossible to avoid.
  • I lost because I got stuck in an eternal loop where I was easily able to survive but all my abilities were locked and I couldn't break the crystals to to free them so I couldn't do any damage.
  • The ability locking crystals are immune to Death Ward (ward attacks will hit them and bounce off, but no damage will be dealt to the crystal) which was really the final nail in my coffin.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Just beat Magician tier with disruptor, tusk, weaver, and mars. Global snowball to dodge aghanims spells seemed to be the mvp.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Very brave of hfn to play in a competitive match under the name "im gay af"

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/kpiidota/status/1283499964111286272?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren:

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1283520585297887233

:siren:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Riki untouched

absolutely sick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Clinkz sucks to play again RIP

lol they made carry Willow better for my turbo games

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

any big highlights? what did they do to clinkz?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
as if I have the client installed

real notes are up
https://www.dota2.com/patches/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Johnny Joestar posted:

they basically reverted the changes to his skills (death pact is his ult, strafe is back, etc) and just made the burning army his scepter ability now

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

Completely reverted him to old Clinkz, abilities and all. Highlights are Sand King looks absolutely loving insane with new Caustic. Naga Buff. Bloodseeker might be mega ownage now with Q giving a bazillion attack speed at the cost of 3% health drain instead of damage amp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Completely reverted him to old Clinkz, abilities and all. Highlights are Sand King looks absolutely loving insane with new Caustic. Naga Buff. Bloodseeker might be mega ownage now with Q giving a bazillion attack speed at the cost of 3% health drain instead of damage amp

yeah, sand king looks even more fun now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh poo poo, they buffed sand king?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

oh poo poo, they buffed sand king?

Caustic Finale has been reworked. Attacking an enemy now places a debuff that slows the enemy by 10/15/20/25% movement speed for 5 seconds. If the target dies during the 5 second debuff, an explosion deals 70/90/110/130 + 10/14/18/22% of the target's max health in a 500 AoE.

buffed is an understatement

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:holymoley:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it's a big patch and they reverted a ton of changes and did a ton of buffs

split shot reverted, tree grab reverted, clinkz reverted, flesh golem reverted, atrophy aura reverted, leech seed reverted and a whole lot more

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Ah yes the pattened dozen brewmaster buffs per patch despite still never being picked

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

the main weird thing is how many of the playable carries got further buffed

e: sand king farms very fast and he could take over the weird mid role OD used to be where you just get guardian greaves ASAP but my game might have been a bad sample size because I made the enemy mid laner so mad from all the solo epis that he destroyed his items

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 16, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Business associates picked clinkz right after the patch against Crazy and it did not work out

mars ult is super strong now

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Did they get rid of Fountain Glimpses?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

Did they get rid of Fountain Glimpses?

looks like it yeah

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Tried bloodseeker and there's SOMETHING there but he feels very bad now. First off, you don't heal off of denies anymore, so that's half of your lane sustain now gone, plus the actual heal amount was mega nerfed. The Q is crazy but you lose 1/4 of your HP which is huge and you won't actually be gaining more HP than you expend from casting it if you're killing jungle creeps, so it's a very risky farming tool and pretty much unusable in lane for casual harass or even last hitting. I ran mid with it and it did not feel very good

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Wait wtf

Enchant Remnant now allows him to target himself (and can kick yourself with Boulder Smash)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Caustic Finale has been reworked. Attacking an enemy now places a debuff that slows the enemy by 10/15/20/25% movement speed for 5 seconds. If the target dies during the 5 second debuff, an explosion deals 70/90/110/130 + 10/14/18/22% of the target's max health in a 500 AoE.

buffed is an understatement

Eh. assuming it still doesn't trigger on denies it won't be that great imo, but it'll make tied lanes into won ones.

also no matter how much you buff spin damage talent people will never want it valve because spin is not good damage lmao

make it -80% attack speed or something like for swiftblade.

sugar free jazz posted:

it's a big patch and they reverted a ton of changes and did a ton of buffs

split shot reverted, tree grab reverted, clinkz reverted, flesh golem reverted, atrophy aura reverted, leech seed reverted and a whole lot more

why does valve only ever revert changes I like :smith:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 16, 2020

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Acerbatus posted:

why does valve only ever revert changes I like :smith:

theres only one change i want reverted and thats making nether strike completely unstoppable again

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Doesn't Scepter Burrowstrike apply Caustic Finale to all hero targets? That's gonna be insane if you get enough targets and one dies they're all likely going to die. Even if it's just a support that dies first. At high levels even the most underfarmed support is still going to have like 1500-2000 HP making that 130 + 22% of max HP a big rear end chunk of damage.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ojetor posted:

Doesn't Scepter Burrowstrike apply Caustic Finale to all hero targets? That's gonna be insane if you get enough targets and one dies they're all likely going to die. Even if it's just a support that dies first. At high levels even the most underfarmed support is still going to have like 1500-2000 HP making that 130 + 22% of max HP a big rear end chunk of damage.

yup! the most important aspect is that it doubles burrowstrike's range, but the passive application is still a powerful thing in a teamfight when combined with everything else. the slow alone will keep them trapped near you if you're doing epicenter and whipping out the sandstorm while autoattacking them. scepter is legit a great item for sand king in a lot of scenarios.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ojetor posted:

Scepter SK vs PL is amazing for this same reason.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Scepter SK vs PL is amazing for this same reason.

I don't think it applies to illusions?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ojetor posted:

"What if we made Sand King Q better than echo slam?"

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It doesn’t apply to illusions, but that can also be a good thing.

edit: sand kings aghs burrow strike does not apply caustic finale to illusions. His auto-attacks do.

DNK fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 16, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

1400 range is amazing for catching people who are fleeing and the amount of random kills i guarantee with it is worth the cost, generally. the added escape potential combined with blink dagger is enormous, too.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

NtotheTC posted:

I don't think it applies to illusions?

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpikyHumbleBisonOptimizePrime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

lol that's going to be changed.