Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
As the person who posted that ramble, I feel somewhat obligated to say I don't really care if you can or can't understand it, I just thought it was one of many funny examples we've seen of how poorly he talks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1283401968518492160?s=19

If James does not win, the republicans will not have any black senators (Scott is not runing for office)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Trump seems fine with abolishing life itself, so eh.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Abolish suburbs could not be a bigger dog whistle if it tried

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Man I wish the Democratic platform was half as awesome as Trump's delusions. Abolish ICE, suburbs, bail, and the 2nd amendment? loving :getin: I'm with (fictional radical) Biden now.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Guze posted:

Lol at throwing "lost to Vanderbilt" in there

Tulane has more SEC Championships than Tubs.

Really, there is so much material there it just writes itself. Glad to see the AL GOP has someone cultural competent on staff to help speak in a language Tuberville-curious voters will understand.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Who the gently caress thinks abolishing bail is a *bad* thing (other than the bailbonds industry)??

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Abolish suburbs could not be a bigger dog whistle if it tried

Not for nothing, but "abolish the suburbs" has been posted unironically many times in USPOL threads. It is in fact something broken brain twitter rats actually push.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Man, I wish Biden was like that instead of the milquetoast center-Democrat he actually is.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

In case people don’t know who this woman is, she is the Koch-funded teacher for “free association” who has served as the lead plaintiff in a bunch of the lawsuits trying to break teachers unions, and public unions in general

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1283425351738195977

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Trump making a strong case for Biden here.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

Not for nothing, but "abolish the suburbs" has been posted unironically many times in USPOL threads. It is in fact something broken brain twitter rats actually push.

They are a tremendous waste of resources that will become increasingly untenable as our systems continue to break down. There are already many that are becoming low-income or which stand basically vacant as it becomes more and more difficult for people to commute and cities become hyper-gentrified.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Man, I wish Biden was like that instead of the milquetoast center-Democrat he actually is.

I know, I'd be laughing my rear end off if everything wasn't so stupid and awful. There's really nothing that he'd be legitimately mad about with Biden, so he's had to completely invent an alternate-reality candidate to rage about. Biden sounds loving awesome if you take Trump at his word, I wouldn't have been nearly so frustrated with what happened to Bernie if that was who we got instead.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1283401968518492160?s=19

If James does not win, the republicans will not have any black senators (Scott is not runing for office)

Pretty sure Scott is not retiring his seat just isn't up this cycle (Graham's is)

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1283434482322808837

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1283434482322808837 LOL

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:ironicat:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They are a tremendous waste of resources that will become increasingly untenable as our systems continue to break down. There are already many that are becoming low-income or which stand basically vacant as it becomes more and more difficult for people to commute and cities become hyper-gentrified.

Ugh.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Legit thought this was him endorsing the idea of executing protestors until I got to the hashtag.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ILL Machina posted:

I, too, had the mental capacity to parse the intent from his syphilitic ramblings and be mad that the president is an incompetent idiot at the same time.

Don't appreciate being called a chud for it. Maybe it's you who should take a break?

Usually when everyone is talking about how the president is completely incomprehensible, I am pretty sure exactly what issue he's referring to and what he's trying to say. I totally get it would be incomprehensible to the average reporter or not extremely online, but as an extremely online I think his various shibboleths are not difficult to decode.

You just take what was in the news a few hours ago or happening live on fox now and work backwards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh my loving God.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/_JulieGallagher/status/1283434803778420738?s=19

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

What exactly are you disagreeing with here

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
From the COVID thread:

https://twitter.com/CarmenMForman/status/1283425570353754112

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Sir Lemming posted:

As the person who posted that ramble, I feel somewhat obligated to say I don't really care if you can or can't understand it, I just thought it was one of many funny examples we've seen of how poorly he talks

I remember the last days of Ghadaffi being similar. He grew increasingly unhinged, and everyone (in media and on forums) was talking about how he wasn't making any sense and it was completely unparseable.

But I was parsing it as I read it. The biggest stumbling block for people was that he kept calling wikileaks 'kleenix.'

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Lemming posted:

What exactly are you disagreeing with here

"No one should be allowed to live outside desireable city centers" is just about the the stupidest, most privileged hot take I have ever heard, and that is after reading Trump's word salad above. It's hard to legit disagree with it because it would be like arguing in good faith with a toddler who claims the sky is made of boogers.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

"No one should be allowed to live outside desireable city centers" is just about the the stupidest, most privileged hot take I have ever heard, and that is after reading Trump's word salad above. It's hard to legit disagree with it because it would be like arguing in good faith with a toddler who claims the sky is made of boogers.

Did anyone make that claim?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

"you don't matter nearly as much as you think you do and basically everything you've ever wanted, feared or obsessed over is just a meaningless part of you that will cease when you do. Please drive through"

Yeah Sherlock, no poo poo. All that says to me is that all of this is dumb as all gently caress. The universe is an infinite expanse of stupid dumb bullshit. Great.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did anyone make that claim?

yea its been a pretty common claim in this thread, along with 'i dont understand why anyone would live in the suburbs, when you add in the cost of car ownership the city is cheaper!'

my favorite take in this vein of all time though is we should be taxing homeowners who have empty bedrooms they aren't renting out to punish people for living in houses with more bedrooms than they physically sleep in.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We should all live in a walled megacity.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

The writers on this season are just piling on the irony aren’t they. Like just loving cancel this show already

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

It's so sustainable tho

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

My understanding of the 'abolish suburbs' crowd is that they want to eliminate the variety suburb that is essentially a parasitic bedroom community. The ones with no meaningful businesses outside of service industry and teaching jobs at the conveniently racially homogeneous schools that serve them. Ones with little to no public transport to and from that are centers of white flight and are simply drains on the tax bases of the cities they surround.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

wait, simcity's arcologies AREN'T the future we should be striving for?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

i read about the hive planets in warhammer 40k and nodded sagely at the efficient use of resources

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Manager Hoyden posted:

That's not what that guy said though he just mentioned some of the massive problems with suburbs which exist regardless of how many hot takes you've read

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

yea its been a pretty common claim in this thread, along with 'i dont understand why anyone would live in the suburbs, when you add in the cost of car ownership the city is cheaper!'

my favorite take in this vein of all time though is we should be taxing homeowners who have empty bedrooms they aren't renting out to punish people for living in houses with more bedrooms than they physically sleep in.

I've yet to see anything but the most half-baked pie in the sky ideas as to what "abolish the suburbs" even looks like, even when I asked the thread directly. Says a lot that this is a thing Trump shat out of his mouth hole but seems Actually Cool to people for some reason they can't quite define. Kind of makes sense in a thread well represented by people that say no, Trump's words make sense actually, you're just dumb.

KitConstantine posted:

My understanding of the 'abolish suburbs' crowd is that they want to eliminate the variety suburb that is essentially a parasitic bedroom community. The ones with no meaningful businesses outside of service industry and teaching jobs at the conveniently racially homogeneous schools that serve them. Ones with little to no public transport to and from that are centers of white flight and are simply drains on the tax bases of the cities they surround.

You've here done a better job than any I've seen so far explaining this idea.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 15, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

It wasn't what I was claiming though, so it's pretty unfriendly to respond to my post as if you disagree with something in it when you in fact don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Hey remember this lie from a million years ago?

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1283390886227976200