Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Anyone have any strong feedback about this frozen pizza?

Its Quebeckish which is a strike both for and against in my mind, so i passed but now have late night regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I’ve never seen it before and I hate it with my life.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would take a chance on that pizza and probably end up with a case of the screaming ab dabs but worth a shot!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its Quebeckish which is a strike both for and against in my mind, so i passed but now have late night regrets

where are you

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
instacart has been saying that costco is out of stock on LE PETIT FRANCAIS frozen baguettes, has anyone noticed if they have them in stock anywhere, I hope they haven't stopped carrying them, they are very good

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Alan Smithee posted:

where are you

Costco Toronto/North York

Im sure if I lived closer to a major city like Cornwall Ontario I could get:

Which my kids would actually love a five meat pizza because they refuse to eat vegetable matter and I didn't want them to have to pick out the few atoms of onion and red pepper from the SUPERSTAR.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Whooping Crabs posted:

I didn't have this one but I have had the Motor City Pizza company Pepperoni from Walmart and it was also excellent. Detroit style pizza rules (as do many other styles of pizza).

I still miss Portesi pizza and cheese fries since I left Wisconsin though.

Ok a month later I found it at Costco in Orange County, CA. It was tasty but not anything I would rush to purchase again.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Judging by the ones they sell in regular grocery stores in Quebec, it's similar but better than Delissio.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

do they really need to do the french translation if it’s just the same word

Like come on save some ink

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pizza

Pizza (pronounced frenchly)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"Pizza Pizza"
-Lil Caesars

"Pizza Pizza"
-Petite Caesars

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Weirdly, "Pizza Superstar" in English and "Superstar Pizza" in French both translate to mean "Someone who is a Superstar when it comes to pizza"

Edit: which means "Pizza Superstar Pizza" translates in both languages to "Pizza in the style of a pizza Superstar". I wanna know who this is really about

Rodney The Yam II fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 14, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

would a cannibal flavor be Pizza superstar pizza superstar pizza

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Ehhhhhhhh pizza pizza Superstar pizza pizza? I'm losing my grip

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fallom posted:

do they really need to do the french translation if it’s just the same word

Like come on save some ink

Often they are the same words but they have to swap the order because it would be absolutely intelligible otherwise!

Although honestly without the french cluttering up everything products just look so bare :canada:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Uncle Lizard posted:

I heard from a friend in the restaurant industry that none of the new KitchenAid mixer have metal gear anymore. They are all nylon, including the pro series. They specifically say you cant use them to make bread anymore. Not sure how true it is, but a mutual friend of ours broke his pro model making bread, found only nylon gears inside, and KitchenAid would not honor the warranty because he was making bread, ymmv

I just had to replace the worm gear in my pro model after ten years of use, including frequently making bread with it. The worm gear is the only nylon one, and it's nylon because it's a sacrificial part. It's designed to fail so you won't damage the motor and/or end up with metal shavings fouling up the inside of the gear box. You can absolutely make bread with it, but the mixer's instructions specifically say not to go over speed level 2 when using the dough hook. A lot of people ignore that and wear their poo poo out prematurely and get mad about it.

In summary: they wouldn't give you a dough hook if you weren't supposed to make bread and the nylon gear is a nonissue if you spend $20 on parts and replacement grease once a decade.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I just had to replace the worm gear in my pro model after ten years of use, including frequently making bread with it. The worm gear is the only nylon one, and it's nylon because it's a sacrificial part. It's designed to fail so you won't damage the motor and/or end up with metal shavings fouling up the inside of the gear box. You can absolutely make bread with it, but the mixer's instructions specifically say not to go over speed level 2 when using the dough hook. A lot of people ignore that and wear their poo poo out prematurely and get mad about it.

In summary: they wouldn't give you a dough hook if you weren't supposed to make bread and the nylon gear is a nonissue if you spend $20 on parts and replacement grease once a decade.

From my friend's experience, all the gears were nylon, and it specifically said to not make bread in the instructions. His argument when he tried to get it fixed under warranty was why would they give him a bread hook if he wasn't supposed to make bread with it. They told him it was for loose doughs only. This was about 5 years ago, so you must have one of the older good ones like I have.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Uncle Lizard posted:

From my friend's experience, all the gears were nylon, and it specifically said to not make bread in the instructions. His argument when he tried to get it fixed under warranty was why would they give him a bread hook if he wasn't supposed to make bread with it. They told him it was for loose doughs only. This was about 5 years ago, so you must have one of the older good ones like I have.

I bought mine in 2009. I think your friend broke his mixer and made up a bunch of poo poo to save face.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

I bought mine in 2009. I think your friend broke his mixer and made up a bunch of poo poo to save face.

So you're saying what I'm saying, that they changed the internals to save money since you or I have purchased one of their mixers. My friend does not have to save face, especially since he was using a mixer for mixer things. I don't know why it's so hard for you to imagine that a capitalistic company would cut corners to increase profits. Maybe you have stocks in KitchenAid.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
Church was wonderful today (7725 188th Ave NE, Redmond, WA). We arrived at 2PM to a 1/3 full parking lot. Everyone wore masks and was behaved; honestly, it was the most pleasant shopping and checkout experience we’ve ever had.

Best of all, I picked up two containers of Bitchin sauce And .... boy were all of you absolutely 100% correct. This stuff is so freaking good - I’m glad I bought two.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

That's a decade ago so I dunno why you're assuming so much.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Uncle Lizard posted:

So you're saying what I'm saying, that they changed the internals to save money since you or I have purchased one of their mixers. My friend does not have to save face, especially since he was using a mixer for mixer things. I don't know why it's so hard for you to imagine that a capitalistic company would cut corners to increase profits. Maybe you have stocks in KitchenAid.

Your friend might be mixing up their ‘Pro Line’ with the Professional or Pro 6 series, which are plastic gears.

The Pro Line is still advertised as having metal gears, you can see it in the specs section: https://www.kitchenaid.com/countert...state=pg:2/ct:r

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

.Z. posted:

Your friend might be mixing up their ‘Pro Line’ with the Professional or Pro 6 series, which are plastic gears.

The Pro Line is still advertised as having metal gears, you can see it in the specs section: https://www.kitchenaid.com/countert...state=pg:2/ct:r

I didn't know they made another line above the pro series, but it's the pro series I'm referring to. I had a pro series with metal gears that I got 10 years ago, lost in divorce unfortunately. My friend bought the same exact model 4 years later and it had plastic gears.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Even the tilt head models they're selling on amazon have a "yeast bread" section (with recipes, etc.) in the manual.

e. I did manage to break one of the old metal gearbox models making bagels - I doubled the recipe, so it's kind of my fault - and it was very easy to source parts and rebuild the gearbox.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 15, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Enough of this hearsay! Mods please make Uncle Lizard buy his friend an account so we can deal directly with the source of these nylon gear pro dough accusations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bought a colorado-themed t-shirt at the church today

also had my first dog in 5 months (no refill)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

14 2inch pizzas?!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Enough of this hearsay! Mods please make Uncle Lizard buy his friend an account so we can deal directly with the source of these nylon gear pro dough accusations.

Anti Dough crew checking in

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Let us end pointless mixer derail. We shall share dogs and drinks with refill in communion, for I have witnessed a miracle in which $1.50 was transformed into lunch. May onion dispensers be returned to us in our lifetimes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Let us end pointless mixer derail. We shall share dogs and drinks with refill in communion, for I have witnessed a miracle in which $1.50 was transformed into lunch. May onion dispensers be returned to us in our lifetimes.

PBUC

i miss the co kimchi

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Gotta be honest I almost don’t want to bother with Costco dogs any more. I mean I still get one but eh, I’m probably just going to make a sandwich at home instead next time.

It really really isn’t the same without a pile of onions.

Edit: galaxy brain: buy a bag of Costco onions, cut them myself, sell to customers in the parking lot to put on their sad covid dogs.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Gotta be honest I almost don’t want to bother with Costco dogs any more. I mean I still get one but eh, I’m probably just going to make a sandwich at home instead next time.

Edit: galaxy brain: buy a bag of Costco onions, cut them myself, sell to customers in the parking lot to put on their sad covid dogs.

it's not sad

you're jus tcrying

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Missing the free onion salad

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Missing the free onion salad

it's like a penny smasher machine but free

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i took pride in carefully turning the onion crank, each bit of onion adhering to the expertly applied mustard and relish, making sure not a single cube of onion fell off my dog. :sigh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did you Moe Howard the sauce dispenser

i didnt but someone should have

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cyrano4747 posted:

They'll give you onions if you ask dude.

But I get it. I really miss the Polish Sausage. Last time I was there they didn't have it in the refer case either. I'm really hoping that's just Covid shortages and not them dropping the polish dog.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

uhhh they stopped polish years ago

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cyrano4747 posted:

I haven't gotten any either since maybe January or February. I don't even know if they sell them since I haven't bothered to check. They don't have any seats set up and I'm not about to buy a hot dog and take it home to eat. I always shop and then when I'm done I reward myself with the dog. I'd probably still get one without onions since I've been there when the onion machine was out of order before, but I just don't see myself getting one until there is seating and not a deadly plague.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

i took pride in carefully turning the onion crank, each bit of onion adhering to the expertly applied mustard and relish, making sure not a single cube of onion fell off my dog. :sigh:

Don’t forget the ketchup. Cuz ketchup goes on dogs.