Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dead Cow posted:

Who claimed doctor?

Sal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

who also claimed bizarro and the kill flavor is bizarro, we knew lore would be significant

should probably be Sal or Got Off today. Lore must be somewhat relevant one way or another.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

who also claimed bizarro and the kill flavor is bizarro, we knew lore would be significant

should probably be Sal or Got Off today. Lore must be somewhat relevant one way or another.

Why the gently caress would I go ahead and claim if I was scum? The point I was trying to make was too many people were doing lore speculation.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

Why the gently caress would I go ahead and claim if I was scum? The point I was trying to make was too many people were doing lore speculation.

*shrug* get out ahead of someone else saying it

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

got off on a technicality (3): JOHN CENA, Spoonsy, Dead Cow
Spoonsy (1): Kashuno
Dead Cow (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA

Not Voting (6): GenericGirlName, got off on a technicality, Jose Valasquez, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, spacing in vienna

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 14th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone got anything else or are we executing got off?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This works

##vote Got Off

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Pity but oh well

For the record before I get hammered, my wild-rear end guess is:

JC: scum
Sal: scum power role (jailer?)
Jose V: possible scum godfather
SIV: possible scum godfather

I'll make sure to be around prior to deadline, but I do think you all won't have any trouble hammering before then

Thank you all, this has been a pretty satisfying game in its own weird way. I can now say I have truly lived up to my forums name :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why are you saying godfather??

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I would also like to know why they guessed godfather. I’m withholding my vote because I don’t want another -1 oops moment, but I’m obviously going to vote got off if nothing changes between now and later.

I’ve set a phone alarm for before deadline so I don’t forget!!!!!!!!!!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Votecount for Day 3

got off on a technicality (4): JOHN CENA, Spoonsy, Dead Cow, Sandwolf
Spoonsy (1): Kashuno
Dead Cow (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA

Not Voting (5): GenericGirlName, got off on a technicality, Jose Valasquez, SalTheBard, spacing in vienna

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 14th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 9 minutes.

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE IN DANGER OF MODKILL FOR INACTIVITY:
GenericGirlName (3 posts)
SalTheBard (2 posts)

The recorded amount is posts made. Remember, you must have 5 posts before end of game day to avoid modkill.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GGN you could post twice real quick and effectively allow us to get flips on Sal AND got off.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Please don't cuddle yet.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

GGN you could post twice real quick and effectively allow us to get flips on Sal AND got off.

How rude!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s nothing personal! You’ve got enough victory medals as is

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Has anyone failed to chime in? I am almost willing to agree to this for the sake of discussion. No one is going to not vote for got off at this point. Sal why do you want us to wait?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Sandwolf posted:

Oh you meant, via mod kill. That seems rude tbh.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm only not voting because like ggn said it would put gooat at -1, although I'm starting to wonder if that is really such a bad thing. I can't imagine us voting anyone else today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not expecting a flurry of posts suddenly, and Sal coming it to hold everyone’s horses, only to disappear again just as quick, makes me feel more confident in anything.

Also GGN it may be rude but Sal’s had almost 48 hours too post! Hasn’t!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm at work right now and we are busy so I apologize that I can't come in and give this thread my 100% attention.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm on my lunch break now. Also to be clear, I was only asking to hold off on cuddle until I wasn't going to get lurker killed because town losing their doctor that way would suck.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I also had 48 hours to post and hadn’t at that point. I get that there’s already a case again Sal but uh hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

look there’s nothing wrong with wanting more time, but the flip side of that is, utilize the time you have.

No one is talking about the game, there is quiet in here. You guys coming to grandstand against just fuckin voting for the vote leader, while also not suggesting alternative lunches at all, is scummy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cool

##vote got off

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote got off

I feel like anyone this hard to cuddle is leading in the right direction

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:redhammer:

Enjoy chatting while I write the flavor.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Confusion reigned in the broom closet.

"Didn't we throw gooat out to the zombies yesterday?"

"No, we couldn't have. He's still right there."

"That's weird. I distinctly remember doing that."

"Perhaps I can explain," said gooat. "None of this is real. None of you are real! This is all actually a video game I'm playing -- a very stupid video game, I might add -- and I did not allow you to throw me to the zombies because that would be dumb and I don't want to do it."

People thought about that one for a bit.

"Bullshit," they said.

By the time they threw him out to the zombies, gooat's body had grown curiously stiff and lifeless, as though its animating spark had already fled.

...Meanwhile, in another facet of the infinite dream of the Space Baby...

Master Shake angrily threw the video game cartridge onto the ground, causing it to explode for no good reason. That game was bullshit and he didn't like it, and frankly, it was Meatwad's fault for making Shake steal it from him to play in the first place. Now he was bored, and angry. Of course, bored and angry was his natural state. He wandered off to find some dumb nonsense to do. After all, the video game didn't really matter. None of this matters. Carl said that. Carl also has a pool.

got off on a technicality, Master Shake, Town-Aligned One-Shot Voteproof, was voted out Day 3!

And then Sealab exploded.

It is now Night 3!

Thread will reopen on or before 9 pm EST tomorrow, July 15th. Get your night actions in before that, or you will target a player at random.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It is not a normal day on Sealab. Much has changed overnight.

John Cena is dead, but not turned inside out. Instead, he has been beaten into a bloody pulp. Bits of him still faintly glow, and from the holsters filled with six-shooters and miraculously appearing whisky bottles slowly accumulating next to his corpse, you identify him. Alvis is dead. Somehow.

Sandwolf is also dead. He has been shot right in the frigging face. With your eyes now drawn to his face, you cannot help but notice the shape of his head, and how remarkably mailbox-like it is. This can only mean one thing. Marco is dead too.

Once the commotion has died down, Jose clears his throat. Speaking in a rumble, he says "CENA... DEAD. CENA BAD. HE SHOOT JOSE IN BACK OF HEAD, MAKE JOSE ANGRY.

HIM NOT LIKE IT WHEN JOSE ANGRY. NOBODY LIKE JOSE WHEN ANGRY.

JOSE... GOES NOW."

With that, Jose walks through the wall and off into the inexplicable sunset, as equally inexplicable sad piano music plays in the background.

JOHN CENA, Alvis, Town-Aligned Vigilante, was beaten to death Night 3!

Sandwolf, Marco Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Town-Aligned Cop, was shot in the frigging face Night 3!

Jose Valasquez, Monster Hesh, Self-Aligned Monster, wins! He has left the game after completing his win condition on Night 3!

Before the bickering could start again, Spoonsy, Spacing in Vienna, and Dead Cow broke from the group and stood together in triumph.

"FOOLS! Your numbers are now too slim to contain us! The time for hiding is over, for we control Sealab!"

And they did. With only six survivors left, the three Bizarros could now do whatever they pleased.

"Now... give us the fossilized DNA samples!"

You don't have those either.

The Bizarros win!
Spoonsy, Bizarro Murphy, Mafia-Aligned Godfather wins!
spacing in vienna, Bizarro Stormy, Mafia-Aligned Juggernaut wins!
Dead Cow, Bizarro Debbie, Mafia-Aligned Jailer wins!

A few days later, the Groovies invade too, but it's cool, it turns out they just had some pan-dimensional weed they wanted to sell you guys.

And then Sealab exploded.

The End

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wow I was right what a shock

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sigh. I investigated, in this order: JoseV, Spoonsy, Sal.

So I’m a good cop in a bad world.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Bizarro! Bizarro!

I should have jailed JV last night

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Kash pinned everyone but couldn’t get it to stick

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Well done scum team!

Thank you all for the comedy

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Wow I was right what a shock

Did you call me out? I don't remember.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also, we the scum team were hoping Alvis was a 3p that we could win with, and asked if we could recruit him.

JC why did you shoot Sandwolf and not Sal?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Post-Mortem
1. Holy poo poo, the town did everything wrong. Everything. Never voted out a scum, the doc only protected himself, one cop died immediately and the other one got screwed on his results twice, the vigilante who didn't have to kill anyone kept shooting, it was really remarkable. And also perfectly in character.

2. "Who's the scum faction" was not a problem I expected the town to have. The opening flavor and the flavor of every single day mentioned a Bizarro invasion. Nightkills were done by Bizarro beam. The setup included a lorecop. I truly do not know what else I could have done to signal THE BIZARROS ARE THE SCUM. Mafia is a limited-information game where the players try to move towards complete information and instead you guys somehow ended up with less information than you started with.

3. Sandwolf was just so unlucky. He investigated Jose N1, and according to the priority list I wrote before the game started, cop investigations happen before nightkills. So Jose returned TOWN and then was promptly shot and transformed into a SK. Then Sandwolf investigated the Mafia Godfather N2. He was a non-insane cop and still got wrong results 2 out of 3 times!

4. Jose got this entire game handed to him on a silver platter. My jaw was absolutely on the floor watching it happen. Not only did he luck out on N1 and get unknowingly cleared by the cop, but a balancing element to his role was supposed to be that he didn't know who killed him and he'd have to do some hunting and get lucky. I did not expect the guy who killed him to be immediately posting HEY JOSE IT WAS ME, I'M THE GUY WHO KILLED YOU, SHOT YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE, ME RIGHT HERE the very next day.

5. Night 2 was a beautiful dance of stupidity. DC jailed Jose, which prevented him from killing Nerox, which freed up Nerox to be killed by SiV instead. Meanwhile, Cena tried to shoot Jose again, which wouldn't have done anything because bullets don't work on Jose and he had evidence of that already, but he couldn't, because Jose had been jailed.

6. Night 3 was just a disaster for the town. Ironically, the best chance to save the town rested with the scum -- if they'd jailed Cena or Jose (and not killed Cena), the game would not have ended.

Link to setup doc
Link to Night Action spreadsheet

A few notes on the setup:
- Lorecop means RF would have gotten the names of your character, not your roles. This was actually a very powerful ability, because the scum had fakeclaims, but the lorecop could catch them out in a lie, as two of the three would claim to be someone they weren't. As the scum were not even made aware that their fakeclaims could be busted, I felt it was an extremely powerful role and did my best to balance it -- hence Bizarro Quinn as a lorecop Miller (there can't be two Quinns! One's a Bizarro!) and Bizarro Stormy (fakeclaim: Stormy) as a lorecop godfather. And then, of course, RF just immediately bought it.

- Hesh was me having fun with an experimental role. I wanted to do a SK, but too many kills in a game this small means it ends too quickly. (Ha! Also, oops!) So I had him primed to go off later in the game, or possibly not at all, and with a win condition that should've had him still incentivized to hunt scum, since it would be likely one of them killed him. I also wanted to do an alignment shift. I thought that was neat.
(Incidentally, since it's not in the setup doc: once triggered, Hesh was bulletproof, had to kill every night, and won when the person who triggered his transformation by NKing him was dead.)

- I might've been settling some Good Place grudges by including a Town-Aligned Voteproof. Because that is a townie ability and if you do it once and they don't die, they're confirmed town goddammit, don't do that again.

- Sealab doesn't actually have that many named characters! If you exclude Tornado Shanks and Sharko (and you absolutely should, and I did), there are only 10 characters who appear in more than one episode. So I got creative. Incidentally, I was very much looking forward to Quinn getting back an investigative result of "Master Shake", and am super bummed that not only did I not get to see that, but I didn't even get a gameday where the town at large could react to it.

I hope you guys had fun!

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 15, 2020

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey why didn't I get any of GGN's dolphin chirps?!?!?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

Hey why didn't I get any of GGN's dolphin chirps?!?!?
Oh yeah, so:

GGN begged me for a power, so I told her she could send incomprehensible dolphin chirps to a player once per night to make her feel better. The chirps were not delivered. Sorry, GGN! I thought it would confuse people if they got flavor about hearing dolphin noises, and VTs can't actually have a night action.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

CapnAndy posted:

Oh yeah, so:

GGN begged me for a power, so I told her she could send incomprehensible dolphin chirps to a player once per night to make her feel better. The chirps were not delivered. Sorry, GGN! I thought it would confuse people if they got flavor about hearing dolphin noises, and VTs can't actually have a night action.

This was the good and correct choice and I stand by it. It’s my fault for hating to be VT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOSE VALASQUEZ I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS