Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

Please keep saying this is scum merk meta for not making cases all the while responding to the cases I am making with great discourse like the above.

Shockingly I didn't call you scum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar if you want to vote Sandwolf you should want to vote me first since I claimed he came up NOT ABLE TO KILL on my gunsmith result

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

I am always fixated on what people think about someone I know is town. I like to dive headfirst into it when I can.

I am also making plenty of cases and have plenty of reads.

Well I doubt the cases part as does someone else, but reads yeah sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DBD why wouldn’t you visit taste? Cop seems more useful than bodyguard

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Amnistar if you want to vote Sandwolf you should want to vote me first since I claimed he came up NOT ABLE TO KILL on my gunsmith result

He’s not actually reading the game due to the blood rage for me blocking his view

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Aww dang I was gonna wait for him to dig himself in before I brought that back up

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Aww dang I was gonna wait for him to dig himself in before I brought that back up

Do you trust Hal’s claim?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, because night action results aren't infallable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Do you trust Hal’s claim?

I believe he and Spoonsy are JOATs but I think one is scum. And YES AMNI I’m leaning Spoonsy on that issue.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A JOAT who can intercept messsages? And you keep giving him items too, actually, Amni..

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Amnistar read the words I’m typing not just the words you want to respond to:

Why would scum go through the effort at EOD to move the lunch from a Town PR to Town Vanilla?

UNLESS: you still think NGO is scum.

Make a direct statement on what you think of NGO.

Why have you continued to ignore the fact that I found Spoonsy scummy all day yesterday?

I don't *know* NGO's alignment right now. I don't have a strong town read on them, they absolutely could be scum. I thought yesterday they were more likely to be scum than Tokes.

I think your comment about "untying the knot" is a slip, because you don't think tht spoonsy is scum, because you know spoonsy is town, as you are scum. And thus why you made the post about resolving night actions.

In fact.

##vote sandwolf

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

A JOAT who can intercept messsages? And you keep giving him items too, actually, Amni..

I promise, if I were a scum inventor no one would know.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amni, do your inventions have a 100% success rate

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Current theory is scum team is Sandwolf/NGO/??? Maybe Taste.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

t a s t e posted:

Amni, do your inventions have a 100% success rate

The one I made last night requires the user to successfully complete a challenge to use it!

And no, I have no idea what that means.

Prior to that, none of them had any failure rates associaated with their use. Though I gave Solus their present without analysing it, so theoretically it could have had a fialure rate.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And for clarity, I don't actually make things. I'm raiding the un-identified item inventory.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I got an item last night and it’s pretty dumb hth

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

And for clarity, I don't actually make things. I'm raiding the un-identified item inventory.

oh yeah thanks for clarifying, now I feel much better about you

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

I thought you would like getting to stick around and be an rear end if you got killed...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Not dumb in the setup sense! Not a mod jab!

I just don’t know who would ever think I would ever use this thing if you knew what it did when you gave it to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

I thought you would like getting to stick around and be an rear end if you got killed...

I read it like I die if I use it. Did I read that wrong?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

oh yeah thanks for clarifying, now I feel much better about you

That was more to explain that I have no control over specific items, I have a list of unidentified items I can either give out or identify, and then give out.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

I read it like I die if I use it. Did I read that wrong?

I'm pretty sure it triggers when you die if you use it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

I don't *know* NGO's alignment right now. I don't have a strong town read on them, they absolutely could be scum. I thought yesterday they were more likely to be scum than Tokes.

I think your comment about "untying the knot" is a slip, because you don't think tht spoonsy is scum, because you know spoonsy is town, as you are scum. And thus why you made the post about resolving night actions.

In fact.

##vote sandwolf

“Actually, you are the scum, because you know alignments, and that makes you scum. So because scum know alignments, and you know alignments, you are scum, because you know Spoonsy is town, which you could only know if you’re scum, therefore, since you know alignments, you’re scum!”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Either way, it delays my flip for a day. I’m not down with that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I swear to god if merk becomes a stump

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Which as I've said before is not actually what any of my powers are. I just got it.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I swear to god if merk becomes a stump

*whistles innocently*

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

“Actually, you are the scum, because you know alignments, and that makes you scum. So because scum know alignments, and you know alignments, you are scum, because you know Spoonsy is town, which you could only know if you’re scum, therefore, since you know alignments, you’re scum!”

Basically yes. Your push on spoonsy was not "Hey spoonsy is scum, let's kill them because they're scum." It was "Hey, let's clear up the night action fuckery and kill spoonsy!"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Either way, it delays my flip for a day. I’m not down with that.

Fair enough. I had you pegged as the person that might enjoy using the item, but I won't be offended if you don't like your present.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just can’t take Hal’s claim seriously, given that it seems both tailored to his self preservation and timed immediately after being called out via an Ecco cop result

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

I just can’t take Hal’s claim seriously, given that it seems both tailored to his self preservation and timed immediately after being called out via an Ecco cop result

It really does.

Still don't like you, but Hal feels like that claim was in the pocket for this situation

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

Still don’t like you

Wow

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Which as I've said before is not actually what any of my powers are. I just got it.

I’m sorry guys but this is loving scum. He is continually popping in with comments like these, leaving nothing substantive, and then leaving.

##vote Spoonsy gently caress this!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

When would I have claimed that other than right after DBD said he went someplace and I had just got a result he didn't?

I mean I think it's fairly obvious I completely reversed my stance on Sandwolf D2 based on nothing that happened in the thread

Also what does that even mean tailored to my self-preservation? Nothing I said would even clear "me" and I could have those same JOAT roles as scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I were taste I would be saying something super snarky to taste right now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

For what it’s worth, I did notice Hal abruptly change gears on me after N1. I just figured I had astounded him with my play :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

When would I have claimed that other than right after DBD said he went someplace and I had just got a result he didn't?

I mean I think it's fairly obvious I completely reversed my stance on Sandwolf D2 based on nothing that happened in the thread

Also what does that even mean tailored to my self-preservation? Nothing I said would even clear "me" and I could have those same JOAT roles as scum

Your claim justifies you not having claimed earlier if true, but that doesn’t mean *it’s true* lol

Self preservation in the sense of referencing the hide. It’s not a pro town ability

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

And Taste you’re still, for some reason, against pushing on Spoonsy?/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

And Taste you’re still, for some reason, against pushing on Spoonsy?/

I don’t think I’ve ever been against, but here Hal is a better votr