Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

A good post.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Jul 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That but unironically.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

History Comes Inside! posted:

Completely loving offline?

All of us unverified plebs could still tweet

For some reason, twitter is suddenly way more fun to use

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i know we may not always agree politically here in IOSM, but i think i found a take that everyone can agree is hella dumb

What does this person think they mean by this?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They think the left extends as far left as Joe Biden and the right extends as far right as those fuckers behind The Lincoln Project.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

"everything is bad except my politics, no i will not explain them"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Zesty posted:

A good post.

Yes...?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

i know we may not always agree politically here in IOSM, but i think i found a take that everyone can agree is hella dumb

:hmmyes: the nazis and the organized labor movements are the same, you see one attempted genocide, the other one

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dear lord, the check marks come back after an hour or so of downtime and it’s like they’ve been through a war.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

"It's not logical to be nice, therefore I'm intellectually justified in being an rear end in a top hat."

Alternatively: "There is only one right way, and anyone who says otherwise is just pretending."

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jul 16, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who the gently caress gets a floral arrangement for a first date?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

gently caress both of these made me sad

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skwirl posted:

Who the gently caress gets a floral arrangement for a first date?

From the display name 'plant papa' I'm guessing he's into plants and gardening. That doesn't feel so bad to me, it's less 'blind, flagrant romanticism' and more 'sharing something you love in a way that's nicely romantic'.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think I've been inside too long because I read this as him physically travelling to the concept of nowhere to buy flowers for a date.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Awe. I want to see the bouquets. And judge...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Idiots running social media

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1283591848729219073

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Turned out that Twitter was actually cake.

She means “Pay attention to me, I’m an edgelady.”

That is always what she means.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

there wolf posted:

Awe. I want to see the bouquets. And judge...

Thread

https://twitter.com/philipwitcraft/status/1282552822857252864

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LOL

https://twitter.com/kaylensatty/status/1283148281036500992

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I feel like flower arranging is one of the only things where you can safely and responsibly say "If I can do this, anyone can!" Worst that can happen is that it looks weird but your SO appreciates the gesture.

Also imagine getting salty that a bride wanted to have a small token of her dead grandmother on her bouquet, jesus. She's paying you a thousand dollars for your mediocre work, at least give her what she wants.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

hyperhazard posted:

I feel like flower arranging is one of the only things where you can safely and responsibly say "If I can do this, anyone can!" Worst that can happen is that it looks weird but your SO appreciates the gesture.

Also imagine getting salty that a bride wanted to have a small token of her dead grandmother on her bouquet, jesus. She's paying you a thousand dollars for your mediocre work, at least give her what she wants.

Hopefully he gets review bombed because of this. That poo poo is not on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh my god that just knocked the wind out of me

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

You now someone who is that much of an rear end in a top hat to a total stranger about their artistic efforts is probably not that good themselves, but to see it so confirmed...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jesus Christ. If that's the most out there request you get from a bride on her wedding day you just had one of the easiest jobs at a wedding ever.

(Also it's something blue and also could probably count as borrowed or old or both)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
loving lolling again at the first one and then at the second one, where someone went back in their tweets far enough to show their entire rear end instead of only a portion

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok, I have to ask, is that person just using whatever avatar they want or are they ACTUALLY a failed clone of the actress from Russian Doll?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

Ok, I have to ask, is that person just using whatever avatar they want or are they ACTUALLY a failed clone of the actress from Russian Doll?

Natasha Lyonne, and thanks for reminding me I need to check that out. It's weird how Netflix stuff gets hyped to hell then completely falls off the radar.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Cleretic posted:

From the display name 'plant papa' I'm guessing he's into plants and gardening. That doesn't feel so bad to me, it's less 'blind, flagrant romanticism' and more 'sharing something you love in a way that's nicely romantic'.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but it seems to me like someone trying to go viral. If the "wedding florist" criticizing him is in on the whole thing I'd say it's a pretty well executed ploy even.

Maybe I'm the idiot, but that seems almost too perfectly crafted for those lazy clickbait sites to run with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Desk Lamp posted:

Maybe I'm just jaded, but it seems to me like someone trying to go viral. If the "wedding florist" criticizing him is in on the whole thing I'd say it's a pretty well executed ploy even.

Maybe I'm the idiot, but that seems almost too perfectly crafted for those lazy clickbait sites to run with.

Bit of a long con if the post bitching about the butterfly is also from that guy.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I was going to write something about how the bouquets really are not great and that the bar is really low for how viral that post is. Then I read just a few of the seemingly countless replies from women about how their boyfriends won’t buy flowers because that’s for pussies or how they haven’t been shown affection in the last three years and you know what, let him have it.

Also those bouquets look really expensive to produce, and he’s made like 10 of them. I checked out his Instagram out of curiosity and he owns literally hundreds of outfits that cost more than my rent. This isn’t counting his jewelry which I can’t judge the price of but just one of the watches I saw is a >$70000 Rolex. Whose kid is he

Not pictured: photo of his Louis Vitton wallet with a caption like “when you have so many credit cards you can’t slide them out 😫” and a photo of himself dressed up as Patrick Bateman for Halloween. You know, from the movie in which a major theme is the conspicuous consumption of luxury brands. Also, while most dudes would opt for the raincoat and axe, he went with the expensive suit.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Jul 16, 2020

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

lol "This guy who made flowers for his girlfriend and posted about their lunch together is in the friendzooooone AMIRITE RIGHT FELLAS?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Maybe i'm the idiot for not knowing how Twitter works but wouldn't it make more sense that exchange is about the guy saying "YOUR ARRANGEMENTS SUCK"

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://mobile.twitter.com/SocialWealth/status/1283507109678776321

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"relentlessly smart" actually kinda works for musk, cos he's not smart but that sure doesn't stop him really trying to seem like it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

"relentlessly smart" actually kinda works for musk, cos he's not smart but that sure doesn't stop him really trying to seem like it.

I mean what’s the worst he’ll do? whine on twitter and call them a pedo guy?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Remember that time Musk was being interviewed by someone and he started to cry because he can't post what he wants on Twitter without people criticizing him when he'd say bad/stupid things and the interviewer was like "Lol are you serious? Look at yourself."

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
This one made me want to play goose game again.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1283301758018691072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Desk Lamp posted:

Maybe I'm just jaded,

Around here I pretty mulch thought you were going to sow plant puns throughout the pareagraph, and I thought dicot you. But then I didn't sedum anymore.

I like to think I rose to the challenge.