Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaBro
Jul 11, 2020
Goons we need you! Test release finished and this is the game you have been looking for. We need you ready to sign on and start buzzin on release. We are going to make an impact! Mid August release, bee ready capsuliers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

no

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

:same:

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Okay boss

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

DaBro posted:

Goons we need you! Test release finished and this is the game you have been looking for. We need you ready to sign on and start buzzin on release. We are going to make an impact! Mid August release, bee ready capsuliers.

shut da gently caress up

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
I can't wait for this game to start getting annoying as gently caress advertisements that show people that would definitely never play eve passing by each other on the street and them killing a keepstar or whatever and EVE ECHOS ONLINE PLAY NOW FOR FREE

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
someone ping globby he's the greatest eve echo player

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
#Echoeshatred

I’m trying it. I think it’s possible it will completely fail in the next six months, but I want to be there to watch the show.

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild

Kaysette posted:

shut da gently caress up

I know! How exciting huh!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Foehammer007 posted:

someone ping globby he's the greatest eve echo player

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My phone can't handle it. Buy me a new tablet or something and I'll help you out.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
I just joined SA and as such can not seem to get authenticated in Discord for 30 days. Where do I need to head in-game to join everyone? Is there a Faq someone can point me to?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Kungfu Trader posted:

I just joined SA and as such can not seem to get authenticated in Discord for 30 days. Where do I need to head in-game to join everyone? Is there a Faq someone can point me to?

Check out the thread in the mobile gaming forum

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
j4g for eve echoes????????

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Kungfu Trader posted:

Jesus Christ

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Can you pay for timecards with ISK in this game? I liked what little I played of EVE ages ago but I don't want to be tied to a computer for it, honestly.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Probably one of those karmafleet idiots.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i am playing eve on my phone and it is pretty neat even though I don't remember/know anything

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

Can you pay for timecards with ISK in this game? I liked what little I played of EVE ages ago but I don't want to be tied to a computer for it, honestly.

Yes, 170 plex for an alpha clone, around 3.5m right now. And you can buy the permanent +5 skill points per second chips with isk as well

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Thanks! Apparently I’m too loving stupid for this game though because I can’t pick up anything I’ve mined from a planet (“You cannot loot planetary resource containers in areas with a security level of 0.5 and above”) so we’ll see if I even stick with it. Can’t even figure out how to check system security via the overview or anything.

e: jesus the FAQ/newbie help link goes to a discord channel, yikes

double-e: I think the game somehow thinks the space cargo doesn't belong to me and I don't know why or how to fix it, maybe?

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 18, 2020

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
How do I get in on space ships while pooping game

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I still haven't figured out mining and think it's still bugged for me somehow (?) but I've been grinding out bounty money while watching TV and this is basically what I've always wanted from a chill phone MMO.

Also the in-game help channel had a long argument about how talking about "the jewz" wasn't racist and it was the first time I've ever been in an MMO chat room where people shouted the racist asshats down. :allears: Probably a weird anomaly, but still, it kinda brightened my night a bit.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

day three or four or something and i'm still too loving stupid to figure out mining or planetary interaction

doot doot off to shoot more npc pirates in anomalies i guess

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I’ve been logging in daily to check my skill queue and wreck some anomalies for minor amounts of cheap cash and I’m still enjoying it. I’m pretty close to hitting the Advanced Tutorials II milestone basically incidentally through bounties, and it looks like you get a barebones industrial ship for clearing that, so I think I’ll be able to start mining in earnest soon.

If literally anyone here is playing this and knows what they’re doing from Real EVE please pm my dumb rear end or something because I am still very much a stupid flailing newbie and have no idea what I’m doing, ha.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

For anyone that missed it there was a bunch of drama and everyone splintered.

Drama thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932792

New thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937883

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

man I just caught up with the SA Sagas thread for the second time in two days, I’m all drama’d out. :(. Any summary?

I kind of thought I was the only one dumb enough to be playing the phone version so I’m not sure how relevant it would be to me anyway.

I did finally get an industrial ship so now I’m just mining my evenings away instead of trying to constantly rat for cash, which is nice - I just find a nice asteroid and check my ore hold every ten minutes or so while I’m watching TV and it’s great. :allears: this is what I always wanted from EVE, a chill distraction that doesn’t require my whole attention.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Basically, Valador, the guy (apparently a pubbie, even) who tried really hard to set himself up as the new mittani or whatever had a small meltdown and kicked a few people (unsure of the reasons for this), some other goons got wise about the whole thing and took everything they could to start a new corp and the entirety of the membership followed them except for a few bootlickers chasing clout sucking up to him, and karmafleet who is mostly confused about goon drama.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foehammer007 posted:

lmao

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Shortest Path posted:

karmafleet who is mostly confused about goon drama.

KarmaFleet has now splintered away as well, lmao

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its not a post 2010 goon guild without multiple spinters and then everyone pretends they didnt get tired of it and join the reddit guild

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

KarmaFleet has now splintered away as well, lmao

Okay this is hilarious. How long ago did this happen?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Caeks posted:

Okay this is hilarious. How long ago did this happen?

this morning apparently when they all woke up to find they were demoted from leadership positions haha

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I love trainwrecks

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

this morning apparently when they all woke up to find they were demoted from leadership positions haha

The story of this "Don't you guys have cell phones?" game is already great and should be immortalized somehow by you real goons playing it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

wait is all this drama happening in Echoes? I thought it was regular EVE.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

food court bailiff posted:

wait is all this drama happening in Echoes? I thought it was regular EVE.

Interpersonal drama from maladjusted adults, now in your pocket!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

OK, so you melted down in front of the goons who joined from the SA community, thought you had all the cards and defiantly declared that we be loyal or GTFO, and just saw nearly all of us promptly leave to [GROO] or [XBUX]. well, gently caress that didn't go as planned.

You are left with a few dumb Vichy goons and some confused nervous pubbies who haven't left you YET. So what does Valador do now? Try to regroup with the people still with him, figure out where things went wrong and try to salvage something of this mess? lol, gently caress that, obviously you demote the leaders of every pubbie corp who somehow still hadn't abandoned you, to just make it abundantly clear how much of a trainwreck your alliance is, of course!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Rigel posted:

OK, so you melted down in front of the goons who joined from the SA community, thought you had all the cards and defiantly declared that we be loyal or GTFO, and just saw nearly all of us promptly leave to [GROO] or [XBUX]. well, gently caress that didn't go as planned.

You are left with a few dumb Vichy goons and some confused nervous pubbies who haven't left you YET. So what does Valador do now? Try to regroup with the people still with him, figure out where things went wrong and try to salvage something of this mess? lol, gently caress that, obviously you demote the leaders of every pubbie corp who somehow still hadn't abandoned you, to just make it abundantly clear how much of a trainwreck your alliance is, of course!

Excuse me Sir, this is a PISS thread.