Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Knights have been our bogey team forever so it was nice to grind out the win even if it was ugly as poo poo.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Boy do I hate watching Manly play without Turbo. :cripes:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Fanatic posted:

Boy do I hate Manly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat Dean Pay just jumped before he was pushed.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

BlindSite posted:

drat Dean Pay just jumped before he was pushed.

Feel bad for him, honestly think he got more out of that squad than anyone could've expected him to. A lot of losses but at least they almost always competed rather than capitulating like a lot of poo poo sides do.

In other news, Harawira-Naera and Okunbor's deregistrations have been overturned so they're free to play in the next few weeks. Canberra may make a play for CHN this year with their cap exemption from injuries as word is he's not happy with the Bulldogs for sacking him (which has been reversed along with the deregistration).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Feel bad for him, honestly think he got more out of that squad than anyone could've expected him to. A lot of losses but at least they almost always competed rather than capitulating like a lot of poo poo sides do.

In other news, Harawira-Naera and Okunbor's deregistrations have been overturned so they're free to play in the next few weeks. Canberra may make a play for CHN this year with their cap exemption from injuries as word is he's not happy with the Bulldogs for sacking him (which has been reversed along with the deregistration).

Yeah that clubs in a right state. I doubt Barrett is the guy to turn it around either.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/122143470/warriors-quartets-return-flights-booked-as-families-wait-for-them-at-home

Four Warriors are heading home in two weeks- Fusitua, Maumalo, Paasi and Vuniyayawa. Chalk this up as a rare loss for V'Landys, he wasn't able to get the Australian government to grant their families waivers to travel to Australia.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fair enough

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/122143470/warriors-quartets-return-flights-booked-as-families-wait-for-them-at-home

Four Warriors are heading home in two weeks- Fusitua, Maumalo, Paasi and Vuniyayawa. Chalk this up as a rare loss for V'Landys, he wasn't able to get the Australian government to grant their families waivers to travel to Australia.

We're boned without Fus and Maumalo, unlikely to win another game :(

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

We're boned without Fus and Maumalo, unlikely to win another game :(

I'm going to watch regardless, but we're even more hosed than we were before. 2020 sucks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Criton should be sent for 10 for that, no way that was accidental

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I tune in to see how much the Raiders would lose by and got a real surprise.

Eat poo poo Roosters.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The Warriors are apparently set to unveil Ben and Shane Walker as the new coaches on a 1-year deal.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

The Warriors are apparently set to unveil Ben and Shane Walker as the new coaches on a 1-year deal.

With all the same old stale and mediocre other options remaining I love this idea. Why not roll the dice on some crazy offload wackiness, at least it'll be fun.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

That sounds great/interesting

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I read that their main tactic is to have the ball no matter what, so offloads, short kick offs, etc

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

It's a weird sounding deal but one year is very low risk so sure why not. Beats the hell out of giving McFadden four years when nobody else wanted him or giving Kearney an extension for no good reason. It also leaves the door open for us to get someone that's off contract after 2021.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Broncos really outdoing themselves here

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

It's a weird sounding deal but one year is very low risk so sure why not. Beats the hell out of giving McFadden four years when nobody else wanted him or giving Kearney an extension for no good reason. It also leaves the door open for us to get someone that's off contract after 2021.

Yeah it works for both parties really, the Walker brothers are desperate for a gig but they're too unconventional for good clubs to take a risk on, while we just desperately need our team to be at least fun. If it doesn't work out then no real harm done we get Griffin or Green or whoever else from the merry-go-round.

edit: oh my god the Broncos are hilarious

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 17, 2020

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That is the funniest try in years.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Been following Broncos for probably 30 years this is the worst I've seen them. I do not understand why they are so bad.
Jesus Christ

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
The images of Anthony Seibold looking despondent are hilarious.

I wonder if Jason Taylor is available?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was moving all afternoon/evening and this game was hilarious to be watching the snippets of

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus, I missed the second half but knew it would be bad. Corey Oates is busted too, I hope the poor oval office can recover because the bit of video I saw looked pretty loving nasty.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Have seen some early Origin team predictions and... uh... probably not a good year to be a Queenslander in any version of the game this year.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Turns out Oates sprigged himself and has a deep gash and bruising, no break.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Turns out Oates sprigged himself and has a deep gash and bruising, no break.
Lucky kid

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saul Goode posted:

Have seen some early Origin team predictions and... uh... probably not a good year to be a Queenslander in any version of the game this year.

Yeah its going to be a blood bath given it'll be late in the year on a dry fast track.

The entire of the presumptive qld spine sans munster is in poo poo form right now.

Broncos play Melbourne next week lol. Take the overs.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
lol @ the end of the Dogs/Dragons match

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Knights looking much better, hope we can do this for 80 mins

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Knights love to stress me out

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Today has been great for making everyone watch every second of each game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
smooches with the boys :kiddo::o:

https://twitter.com/badlydrawnrl/status/1284463433610489856?s=21

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Manly! :woop:

The one time I don't tip them. I was the curse all along.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That was everything you could ask for in a poo poo half of Warriors football- soft defence, brain dead attack resulting in points at the other end, Blake Green loving up in the in goal gifting the opposition a try and some dubious refereeing decisions just to rub a little more salt into the wound.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Green sacked by the cowboys.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

Green sacked by the cowboys.
before Seibold, :lol:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004