Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Is mt lady’s grave gonna be human sized or giant sized in the hero graveyard next arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there won’t be enough of her to bury

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Mt Lady and Mirko should have a Dirty Pair style spinoff

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Professorjuggalo posted:

Is mt lady’s grave gonna be human sized or giant sized in the hero graveyard next arc?

They're going to strap her corpse to an aircraft carrier and burn it viking style.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Vigilantes!

RIP Pop.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Specifically there's no My Hero Academia this week because they're transferring to work from home

which seems like a weird time to do that and not like...several weeks ago?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Specifically there's no My Hero Academia this week because they're transferring to work from home

which seems like a weird time to do that and not like...several weeks ago?

Working from home really goes against the work structure of a lot of Japan

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Didn't they already have a work-from-home stint and now there's another one because of a global resurgence?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Fwiw my friend in Japan says their response has been 100% about keeping the Olympics and not public health and the public is really, really unhappy about that.

Have they confirmed vigilantes is eventually getting animated?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I thought the Olympics was for sure postponed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It is but Tokyo is gonna lose its bid if they don't happen in 2021.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why won't that rear end in a top hat die?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

It is but Tokyo is gonna lose its bid if they don't happen in 2021.

I mean you can't do the Akira joke anymore so what's the point

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gun continues to be the most powerful quirk.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm sure she's fine. Like those heroes from last chapter. Minus Compass Kid who is definitely not fine. Also those other heroes who got shot in the head.

Uh...RIP Pop.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean you can't do the Akira joke anymore so what's the point

The olympics got cancelled in Akira, too, so the joke still holds up.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Grouchio posted:

Why won't that rear end in a top hat die?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vigilantes has been a huge bummer lately. Pop has also presumably had her eye destroyed like with what happened to swole guy's daughter. The whole thing with having a big bee queen in your eye socket that apparently causes random bleeding is some pretty disturbing body horror poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is supposed to be the part of the story where he shouts that he loves her and then she breaks free and they fight the big bad together, not the part where she gets shot in the face in front of him. :smith:

I'm never gonna get to see a Sekiha Love Love Ten-quirk-ken at this rate.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

This is supposed to be the part of the story where he shouts that he loves her and then she breaks free and they fight the big bad together, not the part where she gets shot in the face in front of him. :smith:

I think she got shot in the chest. You can see something exiting her back. The eye bleed is from the queen bee.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, I'd like it more if this ends with Pop confessing her feelings after this is over and Koichi still turns her down because he's in his early 20s and Pop's only turned 18.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If pop dies im done with vigilantes, the comic which started out being weird about pop and now may end with it completely destroying her. I've really enjoyed the middle section of this manga a lot, more than MHA at a lot of points, but im not digging this situation at all!!!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Jerkface posted:

If pop dies im done with vigilantes, the comic which started out being weird about pop and now may end with it completely destroying her. I've really enjoyed the middle section of this manga a lot, more than MHA at a lot of points, but im not digging this situation at all!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

They’re not gonna kill Pop lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

TheKingofSprings posted:

They killed compass kid, as far as it goes this is the ASOIF of manga!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bee Pops entire evil plan is to suicide by Super Hero so she'll be the one Koichi couldn't save so he'll always remember her. There's literally 0 chance She's actually dying unless every other bit of writing in this story has been set up to be a massive moral and tonal swerve for no goddamn reason.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, Vigilantes is not Berserk, it's superhero fiction and every step of the way so far it's had the kind of morals typical of the genre so I see no reason to think it'll swerve into grimdark territory now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yeah she has to live so afo can steal her quirk for shigaraki

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Yeah, Vigilantes is not Berserk, it's superhero fiction and every step of the way so far it's had the kind of morals typical of the genre so I see no reason to think it'll swerve into grimdark territory now.

What are you talking about, killing the hero's girlfriend for pathos is as comic book as it gets!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

HellCopter posted:

What are you talking about, killing the hero's girlfriend for pathos is as comic book as it gets!

Endeavor's gonna chuck a refrigerator through her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Scholtz posted:

Endeavor's gonna chuck a refrigerator through her.
And then she'll survive a nuclear explosion because of it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The final panel of Vigilantes is going to be Endeavor standing on a pile of blackened bones that used to be known criminal villain vigilantes Pop Step and The Hauler.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vigilantes ends with Pop and Crawler save and alive, but in jail. They will return during the big prison break arc of the main series.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

Vigilantes ends with Pop and Crawler save and alive, but in jail. They will return during the big prison break arc of the main series.

Pop's evil brain bees are lying to her.

That future isn't out of her reach just yet.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I loving hate evil brain bees. Gotta take special drugs for those.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7lfxWCiVU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers: Gigantomachia just flings Mt. Lady out of the way effortlessly. Kamui Woods tries to get Midnight in range to put him to sleep but a blast of fire from Dabi takes out Kamui and some compressed rubble knocks Midnight out of the sky and beats her up pretty badly. Redestro squares up on Edgeshot. Jirou detects Gigantomachia coming, and Midnight calls Momo to let her know he's coming. Momo has to come up with a plan to stop Gigantomachia and pops out some gas canisters for the rest of the class. Setting up Momo against Gigantomachia is kind of hilarious because this is either her umpteenth complete failure or Gigantomachia gets unceremoniously beaten after endless hype.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am prepared to laugh until my heart stops

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
between creepy loser midnight getting chumped and momo of all people getting set up against giga hori remembered who he is and has to make amends to himself for drawing a strong woman in mirko

the only thing that could make this funnier is a cutaway to gentle and la brava cheering the heroes on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shinjobi posted:

I am prepared to laugh until my heart stops
Either scenario is pretty lol. There's some potential ways for it to kinda not matter in the end but There's no way the kids get really messed up here, and the league is all with Giganto so unless this is simultaneously Toga/Dabi/Compress/Spinner's swan song too they have to somehow get away. So who knows- maybe Kurogiri will wake up and teleport everyone away. Gigantomachia getting taken out here would be so loving weak it'd be incredibly, incredibly disappointing. Dude has been endlessly built up as this 'walking disaster' so if his two contributions are just quite literally trampling over mooks and never actually FIGHTING on screen...man I dunno. It's stupid. Momo chalking up another L would also be hilariously dumb. Just write Momo out of the series if you can't figure out how to give her a good win Hori- you have an of-age character to be horny over now so just kill Momo off here or something.