Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’d keep Kenny face for now but turn Cody. Cody can lead a stable with Spears and FTR and they can take on the Elite in a blood and guts match at All Out. You could then maybe have Kenny turn on the elite at that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheManSeries posted:

Page staying Face and Kenny turning heel is the arc I want. I don't care about the bucks, but having Kenny and Page in an arms race for the title or Kenny taking it off Mox to set up Hangman's run is the story I want.

that honestly would end the year perfectly for me, especially if they can somehow have a crowd for Kenny vs Page, it'd be incredible

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My dream booking right now is MJF taking the title off Mox, then Hangman taking it off MJF, and heel Omega coming after Hangman

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Don't turn Page heel.

Don't.

Not now.

Don't.

My entire section was all "nononononononono" on the tease at Revolution, and while it was great at the time I'm glad that he and Kenny have made up (for now) and he shouldn't be the heel at this time.

I've been good for four months, Big Biceps Tony, give me this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Tully's been teased so much with this that if he forms a "Horsemen" and Spears isn't part of it you either need to turn him face and have him seriously combat them or just kill him dead as a joke. Meanwhile you could just include him in the group as the guy who takes pinfalls. That was working out great for Sammy before he derailed himself.

I think, if you go the route of not including Cody in the Horsemen and you also don't include Spears you could run it with whoever is in the group beats the poo poo out of Spears and it pushes Cody and Spears to form an uneasy alliance to fight against them. Might even get me to care about Spears again.

I agree with all of the "don't turn Hangman heel" posts but also, some of the lines are very murky in AEW. Are FTR heels or faces? Is Kenny a heel or face? They both do decidedly face and heel stuff. I think you could ride that line with Hangman where you don't really change any aspect of his character even if he's in a group who is slightly more heelish than The Bucks and Kenny.

Edit: at the end of the day, it's really just nice to care about so many characters that there are multiple ways everything could turn out and still be good, make sense, and be entertaining.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just watching Dynamite now.

Sonny's entrance..

yes.

YES!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's zero chance they're going to turn Hangman heel. From day 1 the intention has been for him to be the ace of the company and before we lost crowds he was already pretty much there. They're not going to ruin all their hard work getting him into this position now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think, if you go the route of not including Cody in the Horsemen and you also don't include Spears you could run it with whoever is in the group beats the poo poo out of Spears and it pushes Cody and Spears to form an uneasy alliance to fight against them. Might even get me to care about Spears again.

I agree with all of the "don't turn Hangman heel" posts but also, some of the lines are very murky in AEW. Are FTR heels or faces? Is Kenny a heel or face? They both do decidedly face and heel stuff. I think you could ride that line with Hangman where you don't really change any aspect of his character even if he's in a group who is slightly more heelish than The Bucks and Kenny.

Edit: at the end of the day, it's really just nice to care about so many characters that there are multiple ways everything could turn out and still be good, make sense, and be entertaining.
Spears/Cody could work if they went that way, yeah. Spears being abandoned/turned on and Cody extending an arm back into the Nightmare Family makes sense. But that also kind of feels like QT's spot right now.

I don't think Page can turn on the Elite and be in a heel faction feuding with them and not be a heel. That just feels unreasonable.

I think Kenny is in that same state of transition Page was in months ago. He could be turning heel but we don't know. His character is going through something and it took his friends calming him down and we'll have to see where he goes from here. I think people are oddly not connecting the FTR story with the Jurassic Express one. Omega dumped the FTR beer last week, Page gave him poo poo about it, he tried to extend an olive branch to FTR for his partner, FTR spit in his face and embarrassed him, and Page was nowhere to be found. So Kenny snapping on Jurassic Express feels like an obvious extension of that as Kenny just took out his anger and frustrations on who was convenient. Where it goes from here, we'll have to wait and see.

I think FTR are heel. Like they're just natural heels. If this whole story plays out with them not being the heels it will be weird. They ripped a dude's mask off to get a win this week. Every action they make is heel one EXCEPT that they're nice to the Bucks. The only "face" thing they do is being nice to the Bucks. So like... it would be really weird if that didn't turn out to be a ploy to trick the Bucks but them being actual faces. It actually feels a lot like that bad Alexa Bliss/Nikki story if they ended up as the faces.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, I think the math breaks down with Spears, because he's clearly a heel, and a stable with something like tweener-face Hangman, tweener-heel FTR and heel Spears seems schizo

but a nu-horsemen with a Rhodes seems wrong but also maybe interesting? hmm.

i want Hangman to have a crew though, that he can trust to have his back as he goes for the title and I don't know where that will materialize

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think (at least as it stands now) FTR are tweeners that lean more towards being heels, especially with the mask removal and the beer drench last night. That doesn't mean Kenny can't turn heel because of the, though.

I'd also love for Page to still be drinking buddies with FTR, even if they go full heel and he stays a face.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not against Page having some buddies. Like as much as I'm not into Page I think there's a compelling story there to Page accepting he's just moved away from his old friends and making new ones who he's more comfortable with. Its natural and feels a lot like what's happened with Cody and his Family or even the Bucks palling around with FTR.

Its just weird if Page's new friends are the heels who are loving with his old friends (and tag partner). I mean that's an interesting story if you explore the nuances of it, but if he's just "gently caress my old friends" that's kind of a heel.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i choose to believe, given what Cash was hollering as they left the arena, that their biggest problem was being offered Miller Lite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

i want Hangman to have a crew though, that he can trust to have his back as he goes for the title and I don't know where that will materialize

Hangman needs friends. He needs to find some best friends.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

I think he still owes them an apology.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

:hmmyes:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW 5th place at .29 in The DEMO, 788,000
NXT 49th place at .14 in The DEMO, 631,000

Thank you Demo God

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There's nothing else for it: i will be adam page's friend.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Demo God

wow, that's a significant turnaround.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Demo God

More importantly, AEW technically beat Guy's Grocery Games

Suck it, Fieri

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Demo God

Demo God <3

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

all hail the demogod

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Holy poo poo, that M 12-34. What happened?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

The main NXT demo has been getting carried away with posting Wayfair conspiracies on Facebook and their grandchildren stopped visiting during the week

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lamuella posted:

NASCAR

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lamuella posted:

No DEMOGOD on NXT

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm really loving happy for Sonny Kiss. I'm so glad they let that match open and that it seems to have paid off.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lamuella posted:

0 Canadian Destroyers

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

There's zero chance they're going to turn Hangman heel. From day 1 the intention has been for him to be the ace of the company and before we lost crowds he was already pretty much there. They're not going to ruin all their hard work getting him into this position now.

its 100% page is dusty and cody is ric and thats gonna rule but man

im still gonna dream about my sweet southern boys in a stable together fuckin poo poo uppppppp

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Demo God

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1283858087636373504

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1283861343079145512?s=20

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Demo God

You know I was expecting them both to take a hit because UFC had a thing last night on ESPN.

This is unexpected and good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

let's just stop kidding ourselves and acknowledge that ratings are fun when your faves are winning and who cares when they're not, just like back in the good old talk radio wars days, and the console wars days... :corsair:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh my god lmao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1283862997170036745

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

smarxist posted:

lmao

let's just stop kidding ourselves and acknowledge that ratings are fun when your faves are winning and who cares when they're not, just like back in the good old talk radio wars days, and the console wars days... :corsair:

I hope USA has the good sense to move Uncle Paul’s vanity project to a different night where they can pick up some under 50 youths

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

guy ferengi is good now so i got some real mixed emotions about the whole scenario

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Go on

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Guy's Grocery Games is a pretty fun show so really we're all winners here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

I went to sleep from depression instead of watching the show

be well, strange internet person :(