Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Sonny 12 14.46%
FTR vs Lucha Bros 28 33.73%
Elite vs Dinosaurs 33 39.76%
Cage vs Mox 10 12.05%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Diners, Drive-Ins and DS9

This was the weirdest page snipe and I am delighted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Diners, Drive-Ins and DS9

This was the weirdest page snipe and I am delighted.

Guy's Gold Pressed Grocery Games.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is long-game setup for AEW Flavortown, isn't it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Guy Fieri go on Dynamite and hit Joey with a Greetings from Flavortown (Greetings from Asbury Park)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

explosivo posted:

Guy's Grocery Games is a pretty fun show so really we're all winners here.

wait, is this American Supermarket Sweep? gently caress AE-Dub, we should be watching this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

oh but seriously I posted:

wait, is this American Supermarket Sweep? gently caress AE-Dub, we should be watching this

Eh it's supermarket sweep but you have 30 minutes to shop and cook a meal for judges where it then becomes Chopped.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
luckily they're rebooting supermarket sweep

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Are you implying that Supermarket Sweep did not originate in America??? Who is trying to claim responsibility for our culture?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is long-game setup for AEW Flavortown, isn't it

Honestly if there's any celebrity who "gets" pro wrestling in his core, I suspect it's Guy Fieri.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Honestly if there's any celebrity who "gets" pro wrestling in his core, I suspect it's Guy Fieri.

Guy worked heel for years just like The Rock

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Are you implying that Supermarket Sweep did not originate in America??? Who is trying to claim responsibility for our culture?

there's an American Dale Winton analogue?! there is still some magic left in this dying hellworld ;_;

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Guy Fieri partners with Butcher and the Blade to serve up QT Marshallas the protein in a giant trash can nachos.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Guys Grocery Games/Diners Drive Ins and Dives are both great.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I wanna see the segment breakdowns to confirm that Mox is the real Demo God

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I said last week AEW should go to flavourtown and I maintain that stance.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

History Comes Inside! posted:

I said last week AEW should go to flavourtown and I maintain that stance.

Drop that u you commie bastard!

Flavortown is in America and we speak American here!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/0f20lt

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

we're all English to the Amish

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

This rules

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

blunt posted:

I wanna see the segment breakdowns to confirm that Mox is the real Demo God

I’m curious about this too. The end of their match did huge YouTube views.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sonny/Cody was my MotN, Sonny's entrance is what Cody wishes his full entrance could be. I didn't love the finish only because I just don't buy Cody putting anyone but a jobber away with one any more, it's just too devalued at this point. Sonny deserved two or three after a match like that, or maybe just a better finisher. Mox/Cage was good too, if not quite the banger I was expecting. It was definitely a sloppier show than usual, across the boards too but it was fun overall. Also, did anyone else catch Coward Tony running out to cut Jericho's post-dunk tantrum short?

I'll be interested to see what Ivalisse is capable of, personal shittiness notwithstanding, I'm only 10 episodes into the second season of LU and she's still been booked to do basically fuckall so really I'm just curious as to what she can do in the ring. As for Nyla getting Vickie as manager (which I totally called last week) I'm willing to wait and see what she does. Nyla's pretty good on the mic but so is Cage and Taz has been great for him, so maybe they've got something good planned.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Finally watched Fight for the Fallen! Pretty good stuff overall.

Maybe you guys can help me out here though: why the hell are they working so hard to put FTR over? They're competent, sure, move well, good ring awareness, etc, but like they aren't that...special. And they're a far cry from the "best tag team in the world", I'd rather see Lucha Bros, Bucks, or hell even Jurrasic Express have a shot at the belt then these dudes.

Other that that it was good, the Nightmare Family had rocky performances all round, but the tag action was as good as I hoped, and Mox vs Cage was fun and brutal.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
IIRC, Ivelisse's booking in LU got hosed because she actually broke her leg during her first trios match against The Crew.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

inthesto posted:

IIRC, Ivelisse's booking in LU got hosed because she actually broke her leg during her first trios match against The Crew.

Oh for sure but season two so far has also largely involved her doing nothing in particular. It doesn't help that she's in a trio with two crazy good and showy athletes but she seems mostly to be booked to be in peril until one of the dudes comes in with the save or hot tag or for one just ugly squash.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Finally watched Fight for the Fallen! Pretty good stuff overall.

Maybe you guys can help me out here though: why the hell are they working so hard to put FTR over? They're competent, sure, move well, good ring awareness, etc, but like they aren't that...special. And they're a far cry from the "best tag team in the world", I'd rather see Lucha Bros, Bucks, or hell even Jurrasic Express have a shot at the belt then these dudes.

Other that that it was good, the Nightmare Family had rocky performances all round, but the tag action was as good as I hoped, and Mox vs Cage was fun and brutal.

They've been building the Bucks and the Elite vs FTR on BTE for years and they've slotted really naturally into all the drama within the Elite and the teasing of the Horsemen thing. And like, AEW clearly is pushing that they add a different style to the division and its completely working for me. I was totally indifferent to them pre-AEW and I've really, really enjoyed them and am quickly becoming a fan.

But yeah, I think the tag belts should be away from the whole Elite/FTR/Horsemen soap opera because it just doesn't need them and the division could be doing great things with the belts instead of just losing matches to the Elite adjacent teams.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lanky_Nibz posted:

They've been building FTR/Bucks for like five years now on Twitter, they can't not run that program

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh poo poo, what if Angelico comes out to support Ivelisse due to their history and we get The Hybrid 3?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bring back the Rabbit Tribe

Marty the Moth is the Exalted One

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

Oh poo poo, what if Angelico comes out to support Ivelisse due to their history and we get The Hybrid 3?

Oh gently caress.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Because they are really, really good and have a pre-built rivalry with the bucks so they have to be pushed on their level. Besides, they've sure impressed me more in their first few matches than most other tag teams on the roster have managed to do in the same time.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I was wrong, ratingsposting can be good

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Good points, I didn't know FTR's history. I'm late to the party, I really only started watching AEW this year, going back to watch the old PPV's.

Yeah I dunno, FTR doesn't really seem to offer much that isn't already on the roster. I guess they just haven't hit for me yet :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean its unquestionably true that right now we could have the Best Friends defending the tag belts from two sides from the Lucha Bros and Santana & Ortiz and that would be wonderful. And its kind of sad that instead the tag champs are competing in random separate matches to advance their story that has little to do with the belts.

But I don't think that's FTR's fault.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Yeah I don't HATE them, I just find the whole thing kinda forced: like there's no drama cause you know FTR is gonna be undefeated until the inveitable try for the belt.

Whatever. In other news the Jericho bit was hilarious. And smart, I love how he's pivoting away from the Sex God to the Demo God. Clever move and only came off a little :rolleyes:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The storytelling has been built in nicely for a Kenny heel turn. Could easily argue that his friends pulling him in all different directions has made him snap.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

I was just about to say, this is the first time I've personally gotten a taste of the fabled "singles match Kenny," and it was glorious.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I like FTR so far, especially Dax. I sure as hell like them more than the Bucks anyway. I still think the Lucha Bros are the best tag team though

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Writer Cath posted:

The storytelling has been built in nicely for a Kenny heel turn. Could easily argue that his friends pulling him in all different directions has made him snap.

Yeah, it feels like the FTR thing is a breaking point for him. He put up with Page and the Bucks for all those months and now none of them seem to give a poo poo that their new friends are being dicks to him but think its his responsibility to once again turn the other cheek. And then he tries and FTR make a fool of him. Omega could cut a "gently caress you guys" promo and I think I'd feel it more than I felt the Page stuff.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AEW are p. lovely at establishing who their new hires are to people not plugged into the indy scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AEW are p. lovely at establishing who their new hires are to people not plugged into the indy scene

Agreed, although it feels like we've come a long way from

THE BUTCHER AND THE BLADE
AND BUNNY!