Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Now someone photoshop in strips of Dominic Deegan.

And then do another one with Legacy.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Well. I was wrong, it was the blank pages option.
Alright, well story loving over right? Please!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey, look at this this way, at least Snout is left alone and now will have his own agency in the story!

... I don't expect it to last long, lol

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He's going to stand up and hit his head on a billboard that reads:

"Snout, The Ink Cop and Kung Foo Mookie are taking Orc Mookie and I, the Ink Waifu, to Ink Witch City so I can stand trial for petty larceny and abuse and Orc Mookie is a key witness. Please don't follow us as these charges are justified. Signed, The Ink Witch."

And Snout will immediately follow, tip over a fruit stand or something while trying to comprehend how to buy food with his library card, and accidentally cause a jailbreak.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

maltesh posted:

Achievement Unlocked: Rags to Ruin.
-- Destroy every single object owned by Snout.

This is literally true and completely hilarious.

Wait... maybe he still has his paintbrush? There's hope for him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan

Hahaha, god drat it I was planning on doing the same thing with comic-goatse. Well played.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

In related news, today's retrospective page of Octopus Pie is a masterclass on communicating emotion without dialogue. You might need some context to get it, but you can see on the main character's face the hurt and isolation she feels, as her ex's oblivious, unimportant babbling drones on. Culminating in an outburst of emotion she can't control with absolutely perfect representative imagery of her lizard brain approving.

Is it any wonder Meredith Gran teaches comic making at an art school? Oh, also, her upcoming game looks amazing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

In related news, today's retrospective page of Octopus Pie is a masterclass on communicating emotion without dialogue. You might need some context to get it, but you can see on the main character's face the hurt and isolation she feels, as her ex's oblivious, unimportant babbling drones on. Culminating in an outburst of emotion she can't control with absolutely perfect representative imagery of her lizard brain approving.

Is it any wonder Meredith Gran teaches comic making at an art school? Oh, also, her upcoming game looks amazing.

Thanks for reminding me to start checking on OP reruns so I can binge the whole thing again once the retrospective finishes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Was there a reason she splashed him specifically or was it just her lizard brain lashing out at the nearest thing?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Without context it looks like he casually dropped a friend / family member / someone she cared about got married and that person didn't invite her to the wedding. So sheer, soul-crushing anguish at his treating it like something she would have been irritated by having to attend when she wasn't even given the opportunity.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
He was also completely oblivious to the fact that she was obviously upset.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Was there a reason she splashed him specifically or was it just her lizard brain lashing out at the nearest thing?

He's her ex that she's had an on-again, off-again relationship with since childhood, that she thinks knows her better than anyone. He's visiting in from out of town after having been gone for a few years, and the first thing they do is gently caress like both of them couldn't wait another minute. Now, a little while later, after a bunch of small warning signs that he's changed as a person and doesn't know her anymore, he causally reveals - without realizing how much it it would hurt her, and without noticing her obvious pain because he's staring at his phone - that he's actually been in town for more than a week, and he's there for a wedding of one of their mutual childhood friends (that she didn't know about and wasn't invited to).

So he essentially treated her as a booty call at the tail end of his trip and didn't realize how much of a dickbag he was being. And, given all that, her lizardbrain says "yeah, gently caress it, throw that drink."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Snout bumbling into hijinks all across town: 2 weeks worth of pages

Snout being sad and lost with all his friends gone and having all of his progress wiped: 1 panel

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I know we are firmly in "chosen narrative" that Mookie is going to force territory. But those aren't friends Snout you stupid loving moron. You've know both of them less than a week.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Apparently trying to eat his lower lip revealed what he should do in this totally dialogueless comic.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
By utter lack of popular demand, the continuing adventures of Snoutbutt.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

"That Mean Guy" is also just such an incredibly weird way of phrasing it. Like they all know he's mean, not because of anything else they could say about him, but because he's mean.

I found it hard to believe that the author really has no theory of mind for his characters but I've come to believe it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's a bunch of self inserts fighting each other, yeah.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Joe Slowboat posted:

"That Mean Guy" is also just such an incredibly weird way of phrasing it. Like they all know he's mean, not because of anything else they could say about him, but because he's mean.

I found it hard to believe that the author really has no theory of mind for his characters but I've come to believe it.

If he wasn't obviously mean and terrible, how could he be the villain?

says the guy who prides himself on hosting a "writing memorable villains" speech at cons

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Weird how everyone everywhere has the exact same handwriting.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Who is he crossing out that word for if not the benefit of the audience? Like the other stuff could theoretically have been diary entries, but I cannot imagine any way you can possibly parse this strip without assuming there is an audience and that Snout is aware of it and doing some things for their benefit.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
deaf people have to write down their internal monologue since they can't hear it in their heads

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Who is he crossing out that word for if not the benefit of the audience? Like the other stuff could theoretically have been diary entries, but I cannot imagine any way you can possibly parse this strip without assuming there is an audience and that Snout is aware of it and doing some things for their benefit.

He's looking at what he wrote and gets angry at himself for giving up and erases it as an act of defiance. The real question is why he wrote it to begin with.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

YF-23 posted:

He's looking at what he wrote and gets angry at himself for giving up and erases it as an act of defiance. The real question is why he wrote it to begin with.

Because he has no internal thought process.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It could have been interesting if Snout could read lips, mainly because people would be able to intentionally deceive him by hiding their mouths.

Because he deserves it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Something about an actual lizard brain giving a thumbs up makes me appreciate this a lot.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Something about an actual lizard brain giving a thumbs up makes me appreciate this a lot.

"Thank you Ancient Reptilian Brain."

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Talking about Disco Elysum in the same thread as anything 'written' by Mookie is offensive.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Imagine reading a book where multiple pages are dedicated to reminding you about information you read about minutes ago.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Another page that repeats and summarizes again what the reader already knows. Mookie does that a lot.
Anyway, Let’s talk a personal irritation. Snout is at a open air restaurant, with a drink, which implies he ordered from there while writing all the words.

Remember when Snout didn’t know what money was and had to have Mom Witch provide.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh so this rural Mongrelfolk city just has flexible straw technology now, ok

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why do you need that written down

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

So I guess Snout just had an eidetic memory. Thank goodness the issue of him losing his diary didn't last more than a page. That would have been to much drama and adversity for poor Snout

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheHan posted:

Imagine reading a book where multiple pages are dedicated to reminding you about information you read about minutes ago.
I honestly thought that this was just an older page being reposted as a joke.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that our hero overcame the challenge of having his diary erased through the valiant struggle of remembering a few key facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything