Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Slumber Party Massacre is a rough one on slurs, both the content and the riffing. They've fixed up the riffing at least, but they should probably just pull it altogether tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TVs Ian posted:

And on a similar note, I think Gypsy has been officially renamed GPC after the last live tour. Joel got some feedback about her name around the time the tour was coming together.

It sounds like they're going to use the live model for her (that's quite a bit smaller) from now on as well. Probably easier to manage.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Slumber Party Massacre is a rough one on slurs, both the content and the riffing. They've fixed up the riffing at least, but they should probably just pull it altogether tbh.

I haven't watched Slumber Party Massacre myself, but I'm personally okay with riffing movies with bad/bigoted content, because the whole idea is the movie is bad and worthy of parody. It's when it doesn't get commented on as a problem that I'd see an issue.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Of course I'm actually talking about The Last Slumber Party not Slumber Party Massacre. Oops, I am ashamed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Of course I'm actually talking about The Last Slumber Party not Slumber Party Massacre. Oops, I am ashamed.

You had my hopes up there for a second, thinking I'd missed something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

I haven't watched Slumber Party Massacre myself, but I'm personally okay with riffing movies with bad/bigoted content, because the whole idea is the movie is bad and worthy of parody. It's when it doesn't get commented on as a problem that I'd see an issue.

Also it means that there's a lot of lovely films that deserve to get stomped on and would be ignored.

And then the discussion about Sleep Away Camp happens

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Arivia posted:

Yeah, Wild World of Batwoman did have the "That may not really be Chinese" bit, and stuff like the "stereotypical children of various nations" sequence in Santa Claus.

Edit out anything really horrible for sure, but a lot of the "It was ok back then" material in the original movies seems to be ok as long as the reaction makes it clear that it really wasn't. And these days, that seems to be how the riffing goes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ah yes, he speaks African.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

And on a similar note, I think Gypsy has been officially renamed GPC after the last live tour. Joel got some feedback about her name around the time the tour was coming together.

I have to admit I kinda dislike this change. Obviously I'm happy that they're eliminating a slur from the show, but they aren't really. If you say "GPC" you're basically saying "Gypsy".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rydiafan posted:

I have to admit I kinda dislike this change. Obviously I'm happy that they're eliminating a slur from the show, but they aren't really. If you say "GPC" you're basically saying "Gypsy".

Unless it's literally saying G-P-C

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Burkion posted:

Which, at least at the live show I saw, is exactly what they did.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really hope the show finds another home, I think the new show and the tours taught them a lot. They'll never get Baron or Felicia back, but I hold out hope for Hampton and maybe Jonah. Rebecca would almost definitely come back in a heartbeat.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Burkion posted:

Maybe you have a very different accent than me, but I just went back and forth between saying G-P-C and Gypsy like a dozen times and they're 90% the same. There's the extra beat after the "P" in the new version, but if you say it quickly that mostly goes away, and even slowly it still sounds pretty close.

Like I said, I'm glad they put in the effort, but I wish they'd just changed it to something completely different and been done with it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bicyclops posted:

I really hope the show finds another home, I think the new show and the tours taught them a lot. They'll never get Baron or Felicia back, but I hold out hope for Hampton and maybe Jonah. Rebecca would almost definitely come back in a heartbeat.

Joel sounded hopeful.

If it's anything like the Marvel shows they can't announced anything until 2021.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Ah yes, he speaks African.

Leech Woman is an underrated episode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rydiafan posted:

Maybe you have a very different accent than me, but I just went back and forth between saying G-P-C and Gypsy like a dozen times and they're 90% the same.

I guess I do. Gee-Pee-See is pretty different from Jip-See the way I say it.

I can see wanting to stay close to the original name but still notably different, and if you pronounce it the way I read it, at least, it's notably different. Like GPU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also they could call her 'G P' or similar if they wanted to

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

I guess I do. Gee-Pee-See is pretty different from Jip-See the way I say it.

I can see wanting to stay close to the original name but still notably different, and if you pronounce it the way I read it, at least, it's notably different. Like GPU

It's also nice they've made GPC, their only female protagonist (well, until Emily), not be so slow and dim even if in a very amiable way. (Yes, I know, she runs the ship which takes up her CPU. Either that or she's thinking of Richard Basehart.)

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but the guys are on the Master Pancake VOD of “Hard Ticket to Hawaii” which is a completely bananas movie. https://ondemand.drafthouse.com/film/master-pancake-hard-ticket-to-hawaii/

Also Trace was on one of the Master Pancake Twitch nights, maybe Twilight?

MP has been riffing movies on Twitch every Wednesday through Saturday, including Clueless, The Goonies, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Taken, Labyrinth, Predator… Highly recommended.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Back in 1999-2000, after the show was canceled from SFC, they auctioned off a bunch of props from the show on Ebay, and I bought more of them than I probably should have. Fast forward 20 years, and my wife and I are moving again, and I do not want to move some of these large items a third time. I enjoyed them, but it's time to move on, and I would like to give another fan the opportunity to own a piece of the show's history.

Good news: These items are completely free.
Bad news: They are far too big to ship (I do not even remotely want to bother.) so you have to come get them. I live in the Nashville area (TN).

This is the Mads' console from the Comedy Central days. There are a ton of extra components to this (blinking lights, a satellite dish, etc.) in the box. I just didn't want to set it all up for the photo, since the majority of that stuff is very fragile. It has wheels, so it's easy to move, but since it's 3' tall (from floor to desktop) it's unwieldy.

A closeup of the keyboard.

These are the doors that led to the hallway sequence (or the greenscreen, at least). Obviously, these still have the Sci-Fi era decoration, but I believe they were the doors used in the Comedy Central days, too. I did not want to tear off the plastic panels and see if there was a big G underneath. There are two of them (leaning against each other) and they are about 78" x 66" each, soo... yeah

This is the SOL-shaped "latch". It is detachable. I just leaned it there for the photo.

I couldn't find the "Certificate of Authenticity" for the doors, but I do have the one (signed by Jim Mallon and "Beez" McKeever) for the console. If you're interested, PM me or reply to this thread. I really want them to go to a good home. If anyone can arrange to get these out of my garage, you would be doing me a favor.

I can provide more photos, answer questions, whatever. Let me know, and thanks for reading.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
:eyepop:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Are the live shows never gonna get video releases? I missed out on the Orlando one but I heard someone say they had cameras rolling at one of the other shows.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

BrewingTea posted:

push the button, Frank

I have never wanted to live in Nashville more than I do at this moment.

You might want to crosspost in the Rifftrax thread just in case there's any MST fans there who somehow don't have this thread bookmarked. I'd also tweet at Bill and Kevin just to get a signal boost.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1283116553932701696?s=20

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Everything Counts posted:

I have never wanted to live in Nashville more than I do at this moment.

No amount of TV paraphernalia would make it worth it

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there any recordings of the new liveshows you can buy? I'm sad that there's no more new MST3K and need that poo poo in my veins

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I live on the other side of the world so I can only ask you for higher rez images please.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Boba Pearl posted:

Is there any recordings of the new liveshows you can buy? I'm sad that there's no more new MST3K and need that poo poo in my veins

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/mst3k

This link has a bunch of Cinematic Titanic / Rifftrax as well as mst3k streaming for free

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1283840729685663746

Snobs, all of them.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wait, Castleton is real??

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wait, Castleton is real??

https://www.castleton.edu/campus-life/student-resources/castleton-store/

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pfff- next you'll be telling me that "Arkansas" place from Boggy Creek 2 is real...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Hey, Marv! It’s me, and I’m nude!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Oh wow -- I remember the eBay auctions -- I think Beez auctioned off a lot of props as well, ahead of relocating to Ireland.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer

"Who am I trying to fool, I never went to Castleton!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ms Boods posted:

Oh wow -- I remember the eBay auctions -- I think Beez auctioned off a lot of props as well, ahead of relocating to Ireland.

That suddenly reminds me - whatever happened to that computer game like everybody in Best Brains was going to be in save Mike, Kevin and Bill? (And Josh, probably.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't somebody from the cast talk about how that they weren't informed of the auctions and Jim Mallon did it behind their backs?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dawgstar posted:

That suddenly reminds me - whatever happened to that computer game like everybody in Best Brains was going to be in save Mike, Kevin and Bill? (And Josh, probably.)

Looks like it released back in 2010. But it was an FMV "interactive movie" style adventure game after their time had long passed, so it appears to have flopped.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Looks like it released back in 2010. But it was an FMV "interactive movie" style adventure game after their time had long passed, so it appears to have flopped.

I was shocked when it actually came out. I had assumed the whole thing was a joke for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TVs Ian posted:

Oh, that! I have seen a streamer play that, but after the charm of seeing Beez or Trace wears off I don't recall it had much going for it.