Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

cheese sandwich posted:

Objectively the best play is to toss it out d1. My reads are poo poo when I’m town anyways, I don’t trust my gut enough and second guess

look at mr. town, townposting like a townposter, and also shooting someone who's barely posted when he also admits that he doesn't trust his gut, so you can't even use the "he felt scummy" defense

##vote cheese sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know why the gently caress you'd lie about your literal flavor, but I'm an apple gusher, so doubly what the gently caress, cheese.

##vote cheese there can be only one

Do you have the same day action available?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Power of Pecota posted:

Do you have the same day action available?
Why would I possibly answer yes or no to that

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I mean it's possible that town is only one of like two or three flavors and that the setup was specifically written to encourage this kind of horseshit

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Why would I possibly answer yes or no to that

If there are multiple dayvigs in a game this small, something's probably up, right? If you have the same flavor and you both have one available, then that gives us a pretty good idea where the non-standard setup in the OP is headed

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know why the gently caress you'd lie about your literal flavor, but I'm an apple gusher, so doubly what the gently caress, cheese.

##vote cheese there can be only one

A) I am an apple gusher, I don’t know why the gently caress I would lie about that

B) I had a gut feeling I wouldn’t be the only apple gusher when I got that and there would be other gushers

C) he literally asked for it, chill out

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

B) I had a gut feeling I wouldn’t be the only apple gusher when I got that and there would be other gushers

???

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

C) he literally asked for it, chill out

cheese sandwich posted:

I have a gusher to give away! Who wants it

Or I could use it I guess, but I’m feeling charitable. I am an apple gusher

this makes it sound like you have something good to give out, not Incredible Gushing Death.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Other vig’ s I meant. I felt like if I was getting one for a change everyone probably was

Sorry Im out drinking for the first time since covid

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

this makes it sound like you have something good to give out, not Incredible Gushing Death.

That’s the point it was a laugh

I still laughed btw

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Also now I am vt, the best role

O r a m I. . .

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

(yes)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

That’s the point it was a laugh

I still laughed btw

You’re a dick, dude.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

And who ever heard from of a banana gusher? He was probably scum anyways, that’s a scum flavour if I ever heard one

The only good banana candy is that weird marshmallowy stuff that tastes vaguely enough like banana in the penny candies at sev

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

tpink posted:

You’re a dick, dude.

:frogbon:

Sng probably laughed. You’re white knighting pretty hard

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheese sandwich posted:

I have a gusher to give away! Who wants it

Or I could use it I guess, but I’m feeling charitable. I am an apple gusher

i didnt even notice what this post was implying at first. that makes it even worse

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

i didnt even notice what this post was implying at first. that makes it even worse

I think I was pretty upfront? I gave him what I said I would

Are you scum steak you can tell me

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

look at mr. town, townposting like a townposter, and also shooting someone who's barely posted when he also admits that he doesn't trust his gut, so you can't even use the "he felt scummy" defense

##vote cheese sandwich

Do you think cheese is scum or are you just frustrated with how he used the dayvig?

If anyone's seen The Standoff at Sparrow Creek, I feel like cheese sandwich is in the Morris role here. I don't agree with the day action, but I don't think it really fits what scum would want to do here.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
If you are town, day-vigging someone with zero reads and basically at random doesn’t strike me as a super pro-town move, but that’s just me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Do you think cheese is scum or are you just frustrated with how he used the dayvig?

I don't like the dayvig at all and his posting afterwards is souring me heavily. It definitely doesn't feel pro-town. Part of me is theorizing that cheese is like, a jester? But dayvig jester seems super loving easy to win with, and would just be a lovely unfun role for everyone else.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Lol @ anyone that thinks

A) scum would have a dayvig to just throw away d1

B) scum would have any motivation to do that

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

People calling it scummy are the more dishonest posts atm imo

Bad? Sure. Scummy? Lol

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

Lol @ anyone that thinks

A) scum would have a dayvig to just throw away d1

B) scum would have any motivation to do that

Ok, how did your move help town then?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Looks at thread

Sees 64 new posts

Sees D1 no flip day vig

gently caress I’ll just deal with this in the morning

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheese sandwich posted:

I think I was pretty upfront? I gave him what I said I would

Are you scum steak you can tell me

your post was blatantly misleading. and thats putting it generously.

"Or I could use it I guess, but I’m feeling charitable."
what is this supposed to mean? if you "gave him what you said you would", then you would have given him something he can "use", as per your words. but in actuality, you never had the ability to give him anything, you just used it on him.

i know im not necessarily scumhunting right now and im being super pedantic, im just really annoyed.

that said, while idk if scum would be willing to put the spotlight on themselves like this, im sure there was NO town motivation behind cheese's actions. i mean, yeah stupid day 1 poo poo happens, but vigging someone for expressing interest in a gift you offered is so... anti-fun... that i can't even excuse it as day1 town nonsense. i think its feasible you're scum who started with a dayvig and didn't want the pressure of holding it to shoot a townie later, so you just shot off as a joke and yore hoping we'll forget about it by the time real scumhunting happens

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok, i dont want this discussion to absolutely clog the thread, so i've made a decision. this is important, so please pay attention.

i have a 1-shot dayvig just like cheese did. i WILL shoot him before the day ends (unless a 3rd vig kills me first). maybe, MAYBE he'll end up posting more townie by then, and i'll let you know if that's the case. but until further notice, consider cheese a guaranteed flip at end of day.

as such, ##unvote lets focus on other people cuz at this rate even if he's scum this'll be a low-info day if we turbo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and no im not an apple gusher

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Steak posted:

ok, i dont want this discussion to absolutely clog the thread, so i've made a decision. this is important, so please pay attention.

i have a 1-shot dayvig just like cheese did. i WILL shoot him before the day ends (unless a 3rd vig kills me first). maybe, MAYBE he'll end up posting more townie by then, and i'll let you know if that's the case. but until further notice, consider cheese a guaranteed flip at end of day.

as such, ##unvote lets focus on other people cuz at this rate even if he's scum this'll be a low-info day if we turbo

Now we’re talking, phew.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

Lol because you think I’m scum? I doubt it

I already told you what my flip was and basically verified it, this is a waste

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Steak is pinging me a bit, normally he’s not this virtuous from what I’ve seen and I’ve offered up a pretty easy target for scum to latch onto

##vote steak

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Regardless of what people think and this could partially be my alcohol tolerance falling through the floor but the last few days are the most fun I’ve had in mafia for a while <3

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

It seems like scum are the only ones atm that know how that flip is going to come up atm, alignment wise anyways, it would be easiest for them to lean into it

Idk I may feel differently after I sleep

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

##vote cheese sandwich

Lol you’re trying to case me based on défenses that I haven’t even used, what is this. This is probably worse than steak with how hard you’re bandwagoning

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

tpink posted:

Ok, how did your move help town then?

How did this post help town

I’ll wait

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, so we’re all just vigs right? I vote we just do a shoot out and end the game today one way or another :getin:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok, so we’re all just vigs right? I vote we just do a shoot out and end the game today one way or another :getin:

:hydrogen:

- what if -

The town are the ones with vig’s, the ones that think that it’s weird are actually the scum

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Should have been charitable and given yourself the gush

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

cheese sandwich (2): Mr. Steak, CapnAndy, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (1): cheese sandwich

Not Voting (9): Dead Cow, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Power of Pecota, Retro Futurist, Spoonsy, tpink, yuming

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 18th, 2020 at 8:04 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Retro Futurist posted:

...that's why people don't flip alignment in the daytime, isn't it. Yeah, I think we really all are.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

*banging on the table*

SHOOT! OUT! SHOOT! OUT! SHOOT! OUT!