Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
York is nice :)

Apparently bojo is considering moving the House of Lords there (rather than an actual big city like Birmingham or Manchester).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

jimmy saville was from yorkshire, so it makes sense to consolidate the nonces there

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

York is my favourite city, some incredible pubs and lovely walks.

Also the railway museum which is absolutely free and owns.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

edit: some thoughts should be kept inside your brain

Trying fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 17, 2020

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

My town is 97% white, and also dying. Coincidence?

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

ladyrat and myself are quite happy with no children for now, not to say it won't change in the future but we're def not financially in a place to have a child at the moment. Maybe i'll adopt thread poster no_one in a few years

its the same with pets, i want a dog but can't get one if i want to move across the world

this makes me sad

e: also i now want to buy a yacht and try and remember how to sail

don't compare the volume of my effort post to those people post in the ukmt because it probably couldn't produce kids anyway :(

You best not have any plans to get me neutered.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Smaller towns have it worst in the Uk: young people who can, gently caress off to the cities and richer old people gently caress off to posh little villages in the countryside. Small towns are left with the poorer old people and the less-qualified working age people, with unhappy consequences for their economies and general liveableness.

(I always preferred Human Geography to Physical Geography. Cities are interesting; the precise way that water runs down a slope is lame as gently caress.)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Altho I still remember that "thalweg" is an actual word used in Geography. Google it, it's true!

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
It is friday and another hellweek is done with me still no closer to being off this island, except in the one way we all leave this island eventually

so we should jack it tonight

8pm, in the discord, bring your finest booze, or cheapest, whatever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

apparently i retained quite a lot of GCSE geogaphy because a shitton of facts about valleys just flashed back into my brain with a loving vengeance

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

u shaped valley

v shaped valley

oontz
oontz
oontz
oontz

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Oxbow lakes

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

DaWolfey posted:

Oxbow lakes

oxbow lakes are cool as gently caress

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Measuring the rate of coastal sand dune formation.

In terms of 'school stuff I've never required as an adult', that one's fairly high up the list. Not ONCE have I had a question on it during job interviews.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I was send home in disgrace from my geography field trip to Wales and my understanding of both the natural world and human geography have never fully recovered.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I had to write subtitles for all the old BBC video tapes we used to learn geography from, in high school, and now all the information contained in them is indelibly etched into my brain for all time. Such insights as "in cold places people adapt by having warmer houses and wearing snow shoes" and "in some countries there are wide gaps in income between rich and poor and these are demonstrated in the housing different groups can afford to live in". Where else could I possibly have learned such rare facts.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Stalagmites and stalagtites

and ingots

geography teachers always seemed like the most teachery teachers there were

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Also our geography teacher had a slipper stapled to his belt as an extra pocket for pens and TV remote.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that's brilliant

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is some classic eccentric poo poo right there.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'm writing to Take a Break with that and if they don't give me the £20 prize for tip of the week i'll poo poo them

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Our geography teacher on river/coast shaping forces: “now remember, girls! L S D ! Long shore drift! LSD - and acid - acid erosion!”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Now remember, boys, the difference between stalagmites and stalagtites - tights come down :heysexy:

gently caress i did remember too

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I'm writing to Take a Break with that and if they don't give me the £20 prize for tip of the week i'll poo poo them

I wrote to Take a Break with my tip of fixing an address stamp by attaching the stamping part to the underside of a a hearing aid case and securing it in place with elastic bands. My friends all say it looks very stylish. They did not print it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crispix posted:

Now remember, boys, the difference between stalagmites and stalagtites - tights come down :heysexy:

gently caress i did remember too

stalactites are on the ceiling

stalagmites are on the ground

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

stalactites are on the ceiling

stalagmites are on the ground

He didn't teach us how to spell, he wasn't an English teacher!!! :mad:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

replacement charger for my 10 year old macbook is £80 from apple...

same

I need a new battery as well which is like £199 :(

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dont buy apple stuff

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Stalactites hang tightly
Stalagmites stand mightly

Pretty sure I got that from a cartoon though

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stalactites are chads, they hang.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I havent had a poops since sunday.

I feel pressurer building up.

This is going to be painful.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You should eat more fibre.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

same

I need a new battery as well which is like £199 :(

:(

sadly i think mine is the logic board, nothing is charging it anymore.

almost 10 years isnt bad

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I was send home in disgrace from my geography field trip to Wales and my understanding of both the natural world and human geography have never fully recovered.

never go full native

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

:(

sadly i think mine is the logic board, nothing is charging it anymore.

almost 10 years isnt bad

I fried the logic board on my 2013 MBP after accidentally spilling coke on it a few years ago and it was a good £500 to replace it - hopefully yours isn’t that much!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I was send home in disgrace from my geography field trip to Wales

Did it involve buying a bottle of vodka from a cheerfully negligent off-licence owner.
It usually does.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

I fried the logic board on my 2013 MBP after accidentally spilling coke on it a few years ago and it was a good £500 to replace it - hopefully yours isn’t that much!

Normal coke, diet or zero?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

powdered

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I did geography in New Zealand which you would think was a constantly exciting mix of rainforest, glaciers and waterfalls but it's all just sand. I hate sand, it gets everywhere and it's so coarse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pistol_Pete posted:

Did it involve buying a bottle of vodka from a cheerfully negligent off-licence owner.
It usually does.

Almost exactly this yes.

Looke posted:

I just fixed a Macbook pro 2012 that had wine spilt on it and wouldnt charge anymore. It was like 15 quid or something for a new keyboard which has the power button integrated into it and that fixed it. The many layers of keyboard backlight and stuff often saves the main board apparently...