Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Isn’t it because Queensland is paying and the other states wouldn’t?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm sure that's contributing. The AFL were super butthurt when SA and WA refused to grant open ended travel exemptions to all the Victorian teams, umpires, league officials, and media in the middle of a pandemic.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

harperdc posted:

Apparently that post-game rocket was a derivation of “I’m not mad, I’m disappointed,” (Ratten’s words were apparently “Who do you want to be?”) which we all should know is the real one that cuts deep.

Hill might’ve just been seeing red against an old team. The whole squad put in one quarter then took their foot off the gas, it was beyond frustrating. Almost better to lose that than sneak it in under the wire.

Its a really hard one. These kind of losses can either be character building or destroying. The fact is we still fielded the 3rd youngest and the most inexperienced team as far as games played, those kind of players are just inevitably going to be mentally inconsistent and well, weak at times.

Getting fired up and angry I feel doesn't really work in this respect, you have to be introspective to really get any kind of result out of it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

Just lol at Gil trying to sell this heroic Queensland evil everyone else narrative in a desperate bid to avoid the nightmare of having a Grand Final played in Perth or Adelaide and breaking the seal preventing the national rotation

It doesn't matter one gently caress where the grand final goes this year, it's going back to the MCG once the pandemic is over because the AFL is in no financial position to break a 40 year contract three years in.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

It doesn't matter one gently caress where the grand final goes this year, it's going back to the MCG once the pandemic is over because the AFL is in no financial position to break a 40 year contract three years in.

So you're saying it's never going back to the MCG? :hmmyes:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So you're saying it's never going back to the MCG? :hmmyes:

No virus once everyone is dead

Make a wasteland and call it the home of football

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

No virus once everyone is dead

Make a wasteland and call it the home of football

We already have the Gold Coast home ground

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
the 2029 grand final will be held in the thunderdome

off-the-ball decapitation will earn you two weeks from the MRP, who are now shadowy rulers of the wasteland

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

the 2029 grand final will be held in the thunderdome

off-the-ball decapitation will earn you two weeks from the MRP, who are now shadowy rulers of the wasteland

Official judgment from the MRP:

:mediocre:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Brisbane has won as many premierships as the two Adelaide clubs so I'd say it's fair.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bruce describes Jordan Degoey being charged with indecent assault as a hiccup

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Seems in keeping with describing convicted wife beater Wayne Carey as a 'good bloke'

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

realbez posted:

Australian media member willing to ignore football player crimes, also in news just to hand, water still wet

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
drat, Collingwood really getting a ride from the umpires this game...

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

The Deadly Hume posted:

Brisbane has won as many premierships as the two Adelaide clubs so I'd say it's fair.

Sure, stinky boys premierships maybe, but we have them beat in AFLW premierships!

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

What's this camera angle lol

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The 7 feed is hosed up

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's back to normal on Fox Sports; was weird seeing that angle but interesting. Like being at the ground sort of

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Real professional stuff so far

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

Real professional stuff so far

And these people want to host grand final and televise?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Nathan Brown sweating big time on that gambling ad.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jeez, Timmy English can play. A guy his size shouldn't be picking up 16 contested possies in three quarters while still looking like he could go for a while more.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I feel like 4/5ths of all the games have a scoreline of +30 at some point at the moment.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Josh Bruce was on SEN crunch time today, I can see why he is still well liked by St Kilda fans, they do a podcast of the show if anyone is interested.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Spedman posted:

Josh Bruce was on SEN crunch time today, I can see why he is still well liked by St Kilda fans, they do a podcast of the show if anyone is interested.

Is he? He was kind of poo poo talking our training when he moved to the dogs.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Nutsngum posted:

Is he? He was kind of poo poo talking our training when he moved to the dogs.

I thought there was a bunch of St Killda fans on here that did still like him

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There sure are a bunch of st kilda fans on here but I don’t think they like anything

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

realbez posted:

There sure are a bunch of st kilda fans on here but I don’t think they like anything

That's not true at all, I like being miserable

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

Nothing to do with the Saints anyway.

But seriously, I do like Bruce and didn't hear anything about him talking poo poo about the Saints when he left but drat was I disappointed in his performance the last few years at the Saints. He went from someone who looked like he'd mark anything that came hear him to someone that had hands of concrete that'd struggle to catch a beach ball. Although they were trying to use him as the 2nd ruck which is something I always thought was doomed to fail and credit with a large part of his downfall.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
robbie gray has a huge dick

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

boy undead posted:

robbie gray has a huge dick

did someone pants him on tv?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

gay picnic defence posted:

did someone pants him on tv?

he pantsed the blues

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Quite a win by port Adelaide

as someone who has only been watching this season that was literally the best match I’ve seen. Pretty much a shootout the whole time.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Dees

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm just pleased to see the Blues becoming serious again. I miss the Richmond rivalry.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Is it just me or are the umps calling play on way sooner than usual

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Basically since the moment breust got injured Hawthorn went from good to beyond trash. I can’t believe he is THAT important to us but holy poo poo are we bad now

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Adelaide will be keen to get in on this Hawthorn action soon

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What’s the opposite of shame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

Is it just me or are the umps calling play on way sooner than usual

I reckon the AFL is tweaking the umpiring each week to try and find something that speeds the games up and allows more scoring