Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

What a coward, just admit you wish the South had won and cut out the BS.

Nastyman posted:

"I don't like changes"

Soylent Pudding posted:

Such massive projection since the entire lost cause mythos is an Orwellian rewriting of history to whitewash treason in the name of slavery.

Brawnfire posted:

"[Black] people are making more [righteous progress] out of something [removing symbols of systemic racism, oppression] than what it needs to be [which is none]"

Grimdude posted:

That is some pathetic backtracking like wtf:

"The statue and what it depicts isn't the point." No, it is in fact incredibly the point.
"It's merely a picture." Then get rid of it.

But really though it's the last bit that does it for me:
"That's the problem...people making more out of something than what it needs to be."

Is that the problem? You CLEARLY wanted to draw the comparison between confederate statue removal and an oppressive 1984 regime. Then you got called out on how loving stupid it is and now suddenly "it's just a picture LOL." I just goddamn hate this kind of disingenuous poo poo so much because people do it irl and pull all kinds of Calm Hitler poo poo like this where they're "just asking questions" then get all smug when you get irritated with them.

SpacePig posted:

lol didn't history books in the south reframe the entire civil war as an act of aggression by the Union for, like, a century? And these statues were built off of that bullshit reframing?

Yeah guys, sorry about my dad, he doesn't think before he does things and he backpedals a lot. He's not the brightest man. He's one of those "I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally" types and he doesn't think his ideas through before he commits to them and ends up backpedaling a lot :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't know, that sounds like something Glinner would say.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Yeah guys, sorry about my dad, he doesn't think before he does things and he backpedals a lot. He's not the brightest man. He's one of those "I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally" types and he doesn't think his ideas through before he commits to them and ends up backpedaling a lot :smith:

Pretty sure this is just all dads now so don't feel too down about it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I don't know, that sounds like something Glinner would say.

You dare insinuate a Twitter profile would lie?! :monocle:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Nastyman posted:

Pretty sure this is just all dads now so don't feel too down about it.

my dad was talking about how when school were desegregated it was clear the Black students were just not at the same standard. to which, I was like "yeah, that's why we desegregated them..."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

there wolf posted:

Seriously. It's not like historians don't value statues and art pieces, but you want to drop some tweed trousers find a catch of old documents, or a peat mummy.

Statues are valuable historical artifacts because they tell who and what a culture was venerating and honoring at the time they were erected.

Draw your own conclusions.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Serperoth posted:

I was under the impression that a large number of these statues were put up during the Civil Rights movement. Wonder why.

Very few.

The boom time for Confederate monuments was during the Jim Crow era, from 1894 on.

I mean, you’re not wrong that the purpose was to remind Black people of the assholes who wanted to keep them enslaved, it just started pretty much as soon as the feds gave up on Reconstruction.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky posted:

Very few.

The boom time for Confederate monuments was during the Jim Crow era, from 1894 on.

I mean, you’re not wrong that the purpose was to remind Black people of the assholes who wanted to keep them enslaved, it just started pretty much as soon as the feds gave up on Reconstruction.

AKA the Civil Wrongs Movement

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
My “I’m not Graham Linehan” profile raises questions that are already answered by my profile.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Robert E Lee himself argued against putting up confederate war memorials and statues. gently caress Lee but if these idiots cared about "history" or anything they profess to care about besides "how can I keep black people down" they would maybe listen to their greatest hero?

*to be fair the Lee these idiots venerate has almost nothing in common with the actual Lee so I guess maybe they are consistent

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

lol I just got curious about what glinner is doing with his lonely twitter exile.

He has created a blog that immediately got hundreds of comments calling him a prick. The solution? It is now behind a paywall. £8 a month to read whatever falls out of his broken brain.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Necrothatcher posted:

lol I just got curious about what glinner is doing with his lonely twitter exile.

He has created a blog that immediately got hundreds of comments calling him a prick. The solution? It is now behind a paywall. £8 a month to read whatever falls out of his broken brain.

A *MONTH*?!?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
He should try opening a pay-to-post comedy forum

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/livimeier/status/1283741424660492288

:ironicat:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

What leaked screenshots?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Taken at face value they are just pictures of the admin side of twitter from the recent hack/incident. Literally just showing that yes, admins are able to do things to user's accounts, as would be expected.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Garrand posted:

Taken at face value they are just pictures of the admin side of twitter from the recent hack/incident. Literally just showing that yes, admins are able to do things to user's accounts, as would be expected.

I'm gonna leak the mod buttons for SA and reveal that we have the ability to request bans.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

The control panel of one of the greatest modern media juggernauts in the world looks like the interface to an early Javascript idle game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The control panel of one of the greatest modern media juggernauts in the world looks like the interface to an early Javascript idle game.

Makes it easy to see who's looking at it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1283320399854534656

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Have a 2 for 1.

https://twitter.com/angela_madison2/status/1283829676813811714

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you're XY then the opposite gender DNA was inside you the whole time, and if it wasn't you'd be like, a blob of goop on the floor.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is also why if you are a cis man and you eat a steak from a female cow, you can be feminized. Because in that case, at least you're eating something with mammal hormones and the same sex determination as us.

I wonder what they'd think about the fact that most marketable beef comes from steers, aka castrated bulls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

What the hell this lady is following 5k people. loving how

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KW Miller went on Tim Heideckers show last week

https://youtu.be/Njqmv30hUCA

Skip to 23m in. First of all it’s fun to see Tim as himself, he seems a good dude, and second of all boy does he not tolerate KWs stupid bullshit. gently caress this guy.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Manuel Calavera posted:

To note, that James Barry is entirely likely to be Glinner's parachute account. In case anyone is unaware, and as an added layer of idiot.

That is hilarious because I recall that account replying to Glinner’s main as a sock puppet before it got banned. I tried to scroll through the James Barry account to find that interaction but just yesterday he posted nearly 100 tweets/replies and I realized I would die of old age before being able to scroll back to June.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kevin DuBrow posted:

That is hilarious because I recall that account replying to Glinner’s main as a sock puppet before it got banned. I tried to scroll through the James Barry account to find that interaction but just yesterday he posted nearly 100 tweets/replies and I realized I would die of old age before being able to scroll back to June.

Here's a search query; he posted at him(self) thrice

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
We need to start putting up statues of people pulling down confederate statues.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

An artist did put up a statue of someone at the gathering that pulled down the statue of slaver colston in Bristol but the council took it down the next day because it didn't have permission :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This kind of poo poo was floating around anti-vax fb for a long while, I knew they were garbage people through and through but sometimes you forget exactly how lovely they are.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s got the same energy as the Hawaiian disaster alert console.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here’s a Q nut

https://twitter.com/denjiwilliams/status/1283140954031939584?s=21

https://twitter.com/denjiwilliams/status/1284007453177245698?s=21

https://twitter.com/denjiwilliams/status/1284009662237429760?s=21

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I tried posting this yesterday, dude. No one gave a poo poo, but it's nice to know at least one other person found it funny. Honk Kong.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

And yet Jennifer Anniston remains at large

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

who told QAnon about Marina Abramovic???

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

china bot posted:

who told QAnon about Marina Abramovic???

she got pulled in during the jon podesta email leak that was at the root of a lot of qanon theology

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/nov/04/marina-abramovic-podesta-clinton-emails-satanism-accusations

if anyone was ever wondering how satanic panic stuff got kicked up in the 80s, qanon is another one of those rotten brain waves

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

I'm gonna leak the mod buttons for SA and reveal that we have the ability to request bans.

This is loving tyranny!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
CW: implied violence against women.
The idiots are the people who thought this was a good idea:
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1284144628661460992?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos