Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

York is nice :)

Apparently bojo is considering moving the House of Lords there (rather than an actual big city like Birmingham or Manchester).

York's lovely but very posh, rich, expensive and predominantly white, so probably he sees a way to satisfy the terms of "move a political chamber north" without actually satisfying the motive of broader political enfranchisement behind that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

stalactites are on the ceiling

stalagmites are on the ground

Stalactites are held tightly onto the ceiling

Stalagmites grow mightily from the ground.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He also wants the lords out of the way so they stop turning up and questioning his grand plans. Shuffling them that far North will stop a swathe of them ever attending, and it will stop the news media interviewing them as much.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Normal coke, diet or zero?

Zero, the only one I'll drink now

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Almost exactly this yes.

I just fixed a Macbook pro 2012 that had wine spilt on it and wouldnt charge anymore. It was like 15 quid or something for a new keyboard which has the power button integrated into it and that fixed it. The many layers of keyboard backlight and stuff often saves the main board apparently...
I wish this were the case for me, sadly they showed me the coke covered logic board :(

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

coke 0 for lyfe

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I will drink both diet coke and coke zero

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I drink neither, I'm not a fan of coke. Don't drink many fizzy drinks in general tbh. Not now I can't get supermalt in 500ml cans anyway.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I used to drink far too much diet coke, less now though I didn't consciously mean to, just happened.

Also a while back had to pay hundreds of pounds for a new gear selector in the jag cos they said someone spilt coke in it, he showed me a tiny sticky looking corner of some circuit board then too but I have no idea how anything got spilt in it but not leaving children in there ever again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably slime mould.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fingerless mentioned earlier but i will mention again

:siren: jackbox tonight 8pm in the discord :siren:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I drank so much diet coke this month that I can't taste things (probs not roni), 1/10 would not recommend.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Android Blues posted:

York's lovely but very posh, rich, expensive and predominantly white, so probably he sees a way to satisfy the terms of "move a political chamber north" without actually satisfying the motive of broader political enfranchisement behind that idea.

it's likely also as it makes an effective miniature belgium, as a place to put things that doesn't involve picking an actually important city over another, different, important city that will then show up en-masse to make the anthony gerrard noise at you if you put it in manchester

also andy burnham would take credit for it somehow

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just as long as it's not caffeine free, sugar-free red bull.

Or sugar-free irn bru. That stuff is a heresy.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

goatface posted:

Or sugar-free irn bru. That stuff is a heresy.

Or the new reduced sugar recipe. I’ll pay the sugar tax for the hangover cure.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I used to drink far too much diet coke, less now though I didn't consciously mean to, just happened.

Also a while back had to pay hundreds of pounds for a new gear selector in the jag cos they said someone spilt coke in it, he showed me a tiny sticky looking corner of some circuit board then too but I have no idea how anything got spilt in it but not leaving children in there ever again.

I shoved a jam sandwich into the VCR slot as a child

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Just spent waaay too much money on perfume (£110) but I've barely ate out, limited takeaways and lowered fuel costs. At least, that's how I'm trying to view it but guiiiilt that I can and others can't and guiiiiilt

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

why not spritz a tramp as a special treat

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's OK to spend money on things that make you happy.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

why do you need to smell nice if youve got nowhere to go?

and none of the infected can smell you anyway? Are you going to lather it on so thick that anyone that doesn't recoil must be coronad?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

latest mortal kombat looks poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's OK to spend money on things that make you happy.

that's not what they said at my intervention

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What a bunch of spoilsports.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sloth Life posted:

Just spent waaay too much money on perfume (£110) but I've barely ate out, limited takeaways and lowered fuel costs. At least, that's how I'm trying to view it but guiiiilt that I can and others can't and guiiiiilt

look yourself in the mirror, make eye contact, and calmly yet firmly tell yourself not to be an rear end in a top hat

if you can fit it in budget and you want it, buy it

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I have completed one of major contracts and I feel the chill of unemployment if my last client decides to slow things down (a low chance since they are like super essential with low overhead, but still). I had some leads and interviews but all of them fell silent. I can survive on furlough (or even flexible furlough) but clearly not a good sight.

Had a bean chili with chorizo and copious amount of cayenne pepper, rip rear end in a top hat.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been trying to work out whether the rolling point of Archimedean spirals is a meaningful mechanical contribution to cam surfaces. Never did like polar coordinates.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

arent the polar coordinates just like... zero?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Are you lost up there?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was always bad at circles and spirals. The annoying curved bastards.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I got lost in London once 'cos I got too drunk to find my hotel. I think I kept finding it on Google Maps, setting off with the best of intentions, then kind of forgetting what I was doing and waking up a bit later on to find I'd walked 10 minutes out of my way again. I wish I'd had Strada or something to track my movements that night.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goatface posted:

I was always bad at circles and spirals. The annoying curved bastards.

non-euclidean monstrosities

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pistol_Pete posted:

I got lost in London once 'cos I got too drunk to find my hotel. I think I kept finding it on Google Maps, setting off with the best of intentions, then kind of forgetting what I was doing and waking up a bit later on to find I'd walked 10 minutes out of my way again. I wish I'd had Strada or something to track my movements that night.

I've done this in both Prague (2007) and NYC (last year). It's amazing I'm still alive, in all fairness.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I got exceptionally lost in Budapest two years ago when my phone bricked. I tried to get some help from the police, which told me to look "Google Drive (sic)" which is fair enough. I got saved by a bunch of Turkish tourists letting me use their phone and my place was literally 5 minutes around the corner (it was in the massive building complex of Szimpla Kert, so pretty much super easy to find afterwards)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pistol_Pete posted:

I wish I'd had Strada or something to track my movements that night.

they could have laid a trail of spaghetti for you to retrace your steps the next day

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I still get disoriented in that massive roundabout and two tube exits of Elephant and Castle despite being lived around for like almost a year now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got exceptionally lost in Ulan Baator and only found my hostel because an Australian guy who was out there teaching English saw a confused looking white man, took pity on me and let me use the internet at his house. Then he explained how the lack of city planning was organised and gave me some general hints on which local beers were good.

Lovely chap, can't even remember his name.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sloth Life posted:

Just spent waaay too much money on perfume (£110) but I've barely ate out,
if you spent more time on the latter you might not have to do the former

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

arent the polar coordinates just like... zero?

The equator is 0° latitude, and it intersects 0° longitude just off West Africa. There is a bouy there to mark the spot.

Anything above the equator is a positive latitude, and below a negative. So the poles are 90° N or S

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Haha whoops went to work snagging our new tower block and cool guy from work was in town and I did not work this afternoon and am still drinking

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Haha whoops went to work snagging our new tower block and cool guy from work was in town and I did not work this afternoon and am still drinking

I'm not sure how all those words fit together but I hope you're having a fun evening :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

The equator is 0° latitude, and it intersects 0° longitude just off West Africa. There is a bouy there to mark the spot.

Anything above the equator is a positive latitude, and below a negative. So the poles are 90° N or S

That is a... Geodetic(?) coordinate system. Something like that. It's related to celestial equatorial coordinates, but not. It's a right fucker to do maths on.