Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm a smart-rear end and put in Mary Cagle as my only vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I don’t remember my whole five but Bud was number one

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
1. Zoe
2. Undine
3. Kokoro
4. Vedika
5. Sylvia (rip)

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mine was something like:

Undine
Kokoro
Vedika
Cassidy
Zoe

Vedika needs more screen time and psychic stuff IMO, that Chekhov’s gun hasn’t gone off yet.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

Vedika needs more screen time and psychic stuff IMO, that Chekhov’s gun hasn’t gone off yet.

Agreed, feels like she's got huge potential. I wonder what other psychic girls in the setting have been like. Presumably they've been kind of ineffectual in combat up til now because the monsters are mindless. Vedika might be key to taking on a sapient creature like Goops

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Cassidy was awful, but she didn't deserve what she got. I guess the silver lining is that she never had to find out HP was teaming up with Undine.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ngl it was incredibly tempting to write in "Cassidy's grave stone"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cassidy was right.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I was already feeling a little bad for Cassidy given her cancellation for being an rear end in a top hat teenager, but her getting iced really makes it hard to not put her up pretty high since she didn't get a chance at a redemption arc.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

I was already feeling a little bad for Cassidy given her cancellation for being an rear end in a top hat teenager, but her getting iced really makes it hard to not put her up pretty high since she didn't get a chance at a redemption arc.

Cassidy was a jerk teen who was extremely well realized and had hands down the coolest power set we’ve seen yet (Vedika has potential to cause some really cool mindscape shenanigans when someone touches her while linked). I hope she comes back in some form for that reason.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Joe Slowboat posted:

Cassidy was a jerk teen who was extremely well realized and had hands down the coolest power set we’ve seen yet (Vedika has potential to cause some really cool mindscape shenanigans when someone touches her while linked). I hope she comes back in some form for that reason.

I don't buy that she's dead. Not sure what else the alternative is, but her ability was "kill one image, the other becomes the real one" and both were still images and got killed at the same time while fighting. No body left behind (that we've been shown yet, at least), and Goops was surprised by the outcome too. (Or was she more surprised to have lost an eye?)

Plus yeah, that was a kickass power and a lot of development to put into a character you kill off like one chapter later.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 17, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh drat, early update.

Now this one I didn't see coming!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

How long before Bud finds out?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

Minus three seconds.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Cassidy is screaming from the grave(?)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
HP heart eyes: Not a visual metaphor.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I mean... Bud probably has like a board for all this and HP and 'Dine an Item is probably on there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

habeasdorkus posted:

The Character Poll is posted.

My objectively correct ranking:
1) Rue
2) Zoe
3) Cassidy
4) HP
5) Bud

(Had a hard time picking between Bud and Undine, they're both pretty great)

I don't see Smoothful Moves as an option. Weird.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Well that page is both surprising and not at all surprising.

I’m happy for the both of them :)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

*live studio audience voice* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Heck yeah.

That perfectly sized step is the real MVP.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wittgen posted:

Heck yeah.

One small step for stairs, one giant leap for Daylight Update.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
1. Rue
2. Zoe
3. Vedika
4. Bud
5. Cassidy

We're going to need at least 3 chapters to deal with the fallout from this one, drat

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Sundae posted:

I don't buy that she's dead. Not sure what else the alternative is, but her ability was "kill one image, the other becomes the real one" and both were still images and got killed at the same time while fighting. No body left behind (that we've been shown yet, at least), and Goops was surprised by the outcome too. (Or was she more surprised to have lost an eye?)

Plus yeah, that was a kickass power and a lot of development to put into a character you kill off like one chapter later.
Yeah I'll genuinely be a bit sad if she's dead*, it'd mean we get introduced to the first character who's got actual unsympathetic personality traits without being irredeemable/an actual monster, and then the very next chapter they die screaming and alone while getting owned by the plot in every conceivable way.

*or 'just' dead, feels like the setting has room for in-between states

Anyway:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Wittgen posted:

Heck yeah.

When there was only one set of footsteps in the sand, that was when I carried your entire ship.
- Step-senpai, probably

Apraxin posted:

Yeah I'll genuinely be a bit sad if she's dead*, it'd mean we get introduced to the first character who's got actual unsympathetic personality traits without being irredeemable/an actual monster, and then the very next chapter they die screaming and alone while getting owned by the plot in every conceivable way.

I'm good with it either way really. If she comes back, that's rad. IF she doesn't, I think it's a very effective and well told tragedy. She was an rear end in a top hat, but she didn't deserve this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Character poll: the only proper answer is:

1. Nico

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I assume that even if she's dead For Real (& i think she is) they'll still find out more about her to add to the tragedy and the characters will probably have a big talk about how things could have gone what they might have done etc

There will probably be a "redemption" for her as they come to understand her after its too late to have done anything.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Wittgen posted:

Heck yeah.

Like two updates ago Mary wrote on Patreon "Why did I set this scene on a staircase stairs are hard to draw"

... Well then I guess that's why!

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Anyone who didn't see that panel coming (eventually, at least) really needs to teach me their secret to remaining so oblivious. :v:

Also, to predict more of the blatantly obvious: Tessa's getting recruited by Goops and will be a villain character against Undine.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Rexxed posted:

Mary Cagle is so prolific and even has a twitter for her cats!
https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/978001542056837121

Don't scroll past this post, that's no ordinary cat Twitter account! Mary takes in baby orphaned kittens from shelters and raises them until they're big enough to be adopted out. One even ended up being internet famous! (Do a google image search for Latte Cagle, all of the top pics are adorable.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Sundae posted:

Anyone who didn't see that panel coming (eventually, at least) really needs to teach me their secret to remaining so oblivious. :v:

I was mostly convinced that Undine was looking at something behind Kokoro in the previous comic.

Had that been true, all sorts of things could have happened in today's comic that would have put the kiss off the table for awhile.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

maltesh posted:

I was mostly convinced that Undine was looking at something behind Kokoro in the previous comic.

Had that been true, all sorts of things could have happened in today's comic that would have put the kiss off the table for awhile.

I can see that. Yeah, that'd have put off the inevitable for a bit, but it was obvious as hell that the kiss was coming eventually.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I like that it's happened now, when we're at most mid-way through the story (and probably a bit less) - obviously other recent events are gonna distract from it for a while, but it still leaves plenty of room to show the actual relationship instead of the genre trope of: confess feelings -> defeat big bad -> smooch -> the end

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

rannum posted:

I assume that even if she's dead For Real (& i think she is) they'll still find out more about her to add to the tragedy and the characters will probably have a big talk about how things could have gone what they might have done etc

There will probably be a "redemption" for her as they come to understand her after its too late to have done anything.

I'm curious what the mouseover text on her death page is about. "Take this promise to the end of you." I saw this thread yesterday and ended up binge-reading all fifteen chapters instead of sleeping, like a big dumb dope so I'm curious if I breezed over something or missed poo poo in previous page mouseover texts.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Sundae posted:

I'm curious what the mouseover text on her death page is about. "Take this promise to the end of you." I saw this thread yesterday and ended up binge-reading all fifteen chapters instead of sleeping, like a big dumb dope so I'm curious if I breezed over something or missed poo poo in previous page mouseover texts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9QiXOWy0s

Mary/Cube's said a couple of times that this is a big Cassidy Mood song. Dunno if it goes any deeper than that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Finally, both a thread and THAT happening

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
To think out loud in a very tangential way that might make sense to maybe two people other than me:

Sometimes, Sleepless Domain gives me real Big O vibes. The isolated city, the "don't worry about it it's fine that's how it's always been" attitude of its residents, Tessa's eyes going all static-y when her perception is being hosed with reminds me a lot of Roger's episodic flashbacks/distortions in their aesthetic. Even purple hair girl's pale skin and affectless demeanor gives me Dorothea flashbacks. I dunno! I doubt Cagle is in any way ACTUALLY drawing on Big O but it's just a funny resemblance that sticks out to me sometimes.

Goops is Schwartzwald in this analogy or something :v:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

How dare you malign my boy Schwarzvald that way. Besides, he’s clearly Mark (the outsider), who has yet to discover Big Duo.

Goops is Vera or something.

(If this makes Kokoro Angel I’m upset)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

LOL. Poor Cassidy.