Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

HydroSphere posted:

Crafting – 22
Foraging – 25
Fighting – 6

Crafting – 14
Foraging – 26
Fighting – 8

A friendly reminder that Shin is worse at fighting than an elementary schooler.
He has the lowest Fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"If you die your memories will vanish" seems an interesting way of putting it. What're the odds this is actually canon, and the island folks are AIs being tested, with survivors being on monitors?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Elfface posted:

"If you die your memories will vanish" seems an interesting way of putting it. What're the odds this is actually canon, and the island folks are AIs being tested, with survivors being on monitors?

This might be what was meant by 'Candidates'. But then again, where are the other participants?

EDIT: This could be similar to the death game, the 'Odds of Success' might have been calculated using different scenarios.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 3, 2020

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I do find it interesting how, even with no outside influence, Shin is still calling himself Sou. I'm not sure if this was just because they didn't want to spoil that for people who play this before coming across that plot twist in the main game, or if he just has inherent trust issues.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The best part of Your Time To Shine is all the new sprites for the gone-too-soon Mishima and the only on screen like 3 times Sara, who both probably have the fewest poses in the main game.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Randalor posted:

I do find it interesting how, even with no outside influence, Shin is still calling himself Sou. I'm not sure if this was just because they didn't want to spoil that for people who play this before coming across that plot twist in the main game, or if he just has inherent trust issues.
I'm guessing it is to avoid spoilers, same reason Alice is Gonbee again(although in-game that's at least plausible as him not wanting to cause trouble for Reko).

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020
The game continues to refer to Shin as Sou even post-reveal and in Chapter 3, so I guess they just thought that it would be too much of a hassle for people to refer to a character they’ve referred to as Sou the whole game differently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Doobeedoo posted:

A friendly reminder that Shin is worse at fighting than an elementary schooler.
He has the lowest Fighting.
It's not his fault he's in a position where he can't blame Sara for everything.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

PMush Perfect posted:

It's not his fault he's in a position where he can't blame Sara for everything.

Exactly. It's Sara's fault!

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• Apologies in advance for the cursor on some of the screenshots, I'm on a new computer and forgot to uncheck the option to display the cursor in IrfanView.

• I forgot to save so I redid day one. This time only Keiji failed and was injured.

• I keep everyone except Mishima on the same task as the previous day, I move Mishima from foraging to crafting to get a couple of fondness points with Kai, Kanna and Nao.

• Sara finds 34 material, Joe finds 3,400 yen. Keiji, however, manages to injure himself for a second time.

• Kanna increases the base points by 25 points and gets a crafting score increase, Sou finds 3,000 yen, Reko finds 3 food, Nao increases the base points by 30 Kai finds some food while crafting after using some material to expand the base. Gin finds 28 material, Mishima works to expand the base and Gonbee finds 2 food.

“M-My name is Tia Safalinnn... And sorry... but I'm not your ally...”

“Then you're our enemy?! Don't just show up all casual, dammit!!”

“Ah, n-no, that's not iiit!”

“Items...?”

“Y-Yes... I'll sell you food and the like in exchange for money...”

• I buy more food.

“And using the new workbench inside, we can now construct the tools we need!”

• Clicking on the Base option brings the above options up. Prior to the base upgrade, only the Save and Base Rep(air) options are available.

• Weapons and Armour can't be removed once equipped.

• We currently don't have enough material to create anything.

• Everyone except Kai's getting pretty hungry – luckily we have enough food to feed them all. I'm hoping to get everyone through this.

• I send Mishima off to train for the two fondness points with Q-taro and make Keiji rest to recover some health.

• Sara's unique ability kicks in again, and she brings back 70 material, Joe brings back 30 material

• Keiji gets a good rest, which fully restores his health. Kanna increases the base points by 27, Sou brings back 30 material, Reko brings back 3 food again, and Nao uses some of the material to help advance the base.

• Kai's unique ability kicks in and he finds one piece of food. Any food Kai finds with his ability gets added to the supplies. Gin finds 3,800 yen.

• Alice finds 2 food.

“Ah, Miss Miley. Do you still intend to keep this up?”

“Eheehee... Naturally. It's only Day 4 yet, The real survival is yet to come.”

“W... What did you say?!”

“Eheehee... See, I gave you a warning. Aren't I so kind?”

• In preparation, I send Keiji off to train as well as Q-taro and rotate Mishima back to foraging.

• Sara brings back 79 material, Joe gets injured, Kanna works to expand the base, Sou also gets injured, Reko brings back 24 material.

• Nao's unique ability kicks in allowing her to craft twice. Kai works to expand the base, Gin finds 35 material, Mishima finds 3,700 yen.

• Gonbee gets injured.

• I send Q-taro out to attack.

• The inhabitant strikes back, injuring Q-taro, but Q-taro's unique ability activates and he prevents the inhabitant from damaging the base.

• I could send Q-taro out again, any injury will only degrade a character's health by one, so no chance of the inhabitant killing Q-taro in a second round, but I opt to send Keiji out instead.

• Kai goes for the third round.

• Mishima takes the fourth round.

• Gonbee's unique ability activates and he attacks the inhabitant twice.

• Reko manages to finish the inhabitant off.

• For days 5-9 please vote on how we should proceed as far as fondness points go. Bear in mind that each character has 3 events each, and using the most reliable method of gaining two fondness points per day with every character that does the same action as Mishima, it will take 20 days to unlock a characters third event – we won't be able to see all fondness events in this playthrough. At the moment Sara, Joe, Sou, Reko, Gin and Alice have 4 fondness points. Keiji, Kanna, Q-taro, Nao and Kai have 2 fondness points. Should we continue to rotate Mishima between tasks and try to raise everyone's fondness as evenly as possible, or should we focus on raising fondness for one or two characters?

• Unique ability tracker:

Battle
    * 50% chance of attacking twice in battle – Gonbee.
    * 50% of protecting the base from one hit after attacking – Q-taro.

Craft
    * 50% chance of also finding food while crafting – Kai.
    * 50% chance of crafting twice – Nao.

Foraging
    * 50% chance of foraging twice – Sara.

Hunger
    * Survive starvation once after 15 days.

Injury
    * 70% chance of a one point increase to crafting, foraging and training if injured.

Rest
    * 50% chance of healing one character at yellow or red damage by one stage.
    * 50% chance of crafting, foraging and training increasing by one when resting.
    * 50% chance of raising everyone's fondness points by one when resting.

Train
    * No risk of injury when training. Training can still fail though.
    * 50% chance of training twice.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 19, 2020

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

... Uhhhhh, Mishima? Do you have something you want to tell the rest of the class???

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

The eternal struggle of the death game writer: everyone has a cool backstory, but someone has to be the one to die without getting any of it revealed. This is a clever way around it, actually.

My vote is to focus on a few, and I'm specifically interested in Sara, Sou and Kai.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Voting for focusing on a few, Kai in particular is one I'd be interested in seeing.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• The sticks on the beach are extra material.

• The upgraded base gives us access to two new facilities.

• I give everyone except Nao and Kai some food, move Nao and Kanna to foraging, move Sou and Mishima to crafting and send Alice off to get some rest.

• Sara finds 4 food, Joe finds 28 material.

• Keiji fails to find anything (the RNG isn't being very kind to him so far) but avoids injury. Kanna brings back 15 material. Sou increases the base points by 20. Reko finds 3 food.

• Like Keiji, Nao fails to find anything, but avoids damage. Kai expands the base and finds 1 food.

• Gin gets injured. Mishima expands the base and finds 1 food.

• Gonbee has an average rest, restoring one stage of health.

“With you here, Professor, we'll be just fine!”

“I want a million yen prize or something for successfully surviving, woof! It'd really help our finances, meow!”

“Still, though... What're they having us live on an island for?”

“Doesn't feel like they'd abduct us here just to keep us from escaping, huh.”

“Perhaps... this island has some kind of secret.”

“Almost as if it was made by human hands... Am I right?”

“An artificial island?! You for real...?!”

“But... It's not just the island that's odd. Even the sea and sky are changless and quiet...”

“So you mean... all this nature's artificial?! Even the whole environment?!”

“I-Inconceivable... Such a leap of logic. Though I don't deny it's a strange island...”

I feed Nao and Kai, and keep everyone on the same tasks except for Alice, who gets moved back to foraging, and build a fishing net.

• Sara finds 5 food and 39 material. Joe finds 30 material. Keiji brings back 29 material

• Kanna brings back 2,000 yen. Sou fails, but escapes injury.

• Reko isn't so lucky, Nao finds 2 food, Kai increases the base points by 36 and finds 1 food.

• Gin gets injured again, Mishima expands the base, Gonbee finds 3 food.

• The fishing net can bring in up to 3 food a day.

• This is one of four types of random event. Random events happen on days without scripted events.

• Food for everyone except Nao and Kai, and Gin is sent off to rest.

• Sara brings back 41 material. Joe brings back 30 material. Keiji brings back 31 material. Kanna brings back 2 food. Sou advances the base.

• Reko gets injured again. Nao finds 2 food. Kai increases the base points by 38 and finds 1 food.

• Gin gets an average rest, his unique ability activates, and he gets a small boost to all three skills. Mishima increases the base points by 32. Gonbee finds 3 food.

“Hm...! Miss Safalin, was it?”

“Y-Yes... I came to sell to you again today...”

• Safalin's prices increase every time she appears. I still buy 2 food.

“I... I'll stock up and come back again... Please keep this a secret...”

“Could be. All this makes me forget about reality.”

“What sorts of things do you normally do, Sou?”

“Oh, really?”

“Ahaha, why so dubious? Do I look like I don't exercise?”

“Haha, it's okay. “Marathons” was a bit of an exaggeration, honestly.”

“Ah, is that it?”

“But it's not exaggerating to say I go outside... I like to go jogging.”

“How far do you run, thereabouts?”

“And what do you do on weekdays?”

“Oh...? You aren't saying that you're jogging when you commute to work?”

“Yes, I suppose so. Apologies for doubting you twice.”

“Guess it's cycling in a sense... You might say it's more tiring than jogging.”

“Ahaha, why are you so suspicious?”

“I want to know about the real Sou, you know?”

“Yes?”

“Read?”

“Well, that's just fine. Why hide that?”

“...Because you'd think I was a gloomy guy...”

“Why, I don't think that. But I do think you should exercise.”

“...Alright already. Ugh... I'll try my best...”

“If we make it back in one piece, why don't we hit the gym together?”

• When you see a fondness event with a character, that characters crafting and foraging increase by 5 and their training increases by 10. Incidentally, did anyone notice this event contradicts YTTD slightly?

• I give Nao and Kai a piece of food and send Reko off to rest.

• Sara fails, but avoids injury.

• Joe does not. Nor does Keiji. Kanna brings back 19 material. Sou advances the base.

• Reko gets a good rest. Nao brings back 22 material. Kai increases the base points by 38. Gin finds 4 food. Mishima increases the base points by 29. Gonbee brings back 21 material.

Music stops.

“I see... I've got a base too, elsewhere... But I've run out of food.”

“I injured my leg... so I can't even hunt now...”

“Hey... please... Could you share just a little food...?”

• We've been fairly lucky with food, so we'll give the castaway as much food as we can.

“T... This much...?! Are you sure?!”

“Thank you... Thank you... I'll definitely repay you...”

Music stops.

“...Are you skilled at cooking as well?”

“I am. Though I'd really only call it a hobby...”

“...May I see your hands?”

“My hands?”

“Yes. I can get an idea of someone's life by looking at their hands.”

“Hrm... Something like palm-reading?”

“Hrm...! I'm excited to see this! So even my cooking ability will be laid bare?”

I showed Kai my hands.

“Is it... easier to see like that?”

“Yes. The spatula is in the way, but I can see clearly. Hm...! These hands...!”

“What have you learned?”

“Oh, you smoke cigars?”

“You say “next time”, but when exactly...”

“...”

• I send Joe and Keiji off to rest to recover.

• Sara brings back 44 material. Joe gets a good rest.

• Keiji gets an average rest. Kanna brings back 21 material. Sou increases the base points by 25. Reko finds 3 food. Nao brings back 22 material. Kai advances the base. Gin brings back 36 material. Mishima increases the base points by 31. Gonbee finds 2,900 yen.

• Who should we raise fondness with for the next update? Sara has 6 fondness points, Joe, Reko, Gin and Gonbee have 4 points, Keiji, Kanna, Q-taro and Nao have 2 points, Sou has 14 points and Kai has 12 points.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I vote for Sarah and Joe.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Sara and Kai. C'mon, I gotta know the hand analysis results!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What contradicted the main game? I'm bad at minor details. Sou just seems to lie even when he doesn't need to though, it's fine, you can just say you're an introvert that spends all day on a computer. We're no different from you, we won't judge you! We even use fake names too!

Also both events just made me think of Fire Emblem Three Houses C supports, fondness between characters increased but in both one side clearly left less happy than they went in (Sou then Mishima). Hopefully later events are nicer. Kai and Gin.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Hah, Kai remains good.

Uh, Kai and Sou again, I suppose? What's most important is finishing what we start, right?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
The fishing net always ended up being a net food loss for me, but maybe I just had bad RNG? The small trap and med station are quite good, at least.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You know, one of the weirder symptoms of Lung Cancer actually is what's known as fingernail clubbing---Kai might have been telling the truth. (Or maybe Mishima has tobacco stains)

I like how both of the bonding events say "You had a fun time with [x]" but display a picture of one of the characters looking absolutely mortified.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Kai owns, and Alice Gonbee for the second.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• I managed to “forget” to save again (you can't actually save while fighting), so I had to re-do Day 9. Not much changed, we have a bit less material, one more piece of food, and both Keiji and Joe managed to get a good rest.

• Q-taro takes down the inhabitant with one strike.

• Sara gets moved to crafting and Sou goes back to foraging. We also get an extra 31 material from the stick on the beach.

• Joe finds 3 food. Keiji finds 3,800 yen.

• Kanna gets injured. Sou brings back 34 material.

• Apparently there are ghosts on the island. Nao is also injured. Kai increases the base points by 42. Gin finds 3,900 yen. Mishima increases the base points by 34. Gonbee finds 23 material.

• There's no way this could be a bad idea.

• Another 42 material found on the beach.

• Sara increases the base points by 28 and finds 1 food. Joe finds 3,400 yen. Keiji brings back 32 material. Kanna brings back 21 material. Sou finds 4,200 yen. Reko brings back 30 material. Nao finds 2,800 yen.

• Kai gets injured. Gin finds 4 food. Mishima uses material to expand the base.

• Gonbee is also injured.

• This is another type of random event that can happen on days without a scripted event. There's a 30% chance of a scene that raises fondness with a random character by 2 points (we saw one of these scenes with Sara in the last update). There's a 30% chance of a scene with a random character finding berries. If you choose to eat the berries, there's a 50% chance of the berries increasing the three stats by 3, and a 50% chance of lowering the three stats by 2. (And even worse, if you get the disgusting berries, it plays the sound effect from Joe's execution. :( )

“Miss Sara... What's the matter?”

“You see... there's kind of a situation...”

“Hm?! What in the world is it...?!”

“It's just about me, actually... I've realised these long days of island life have had a serious effect on me.”

“Whatever do you mean...?”

“That's worrying indeed...!”

“Hrmmm...”

“Professor... I have a request! I cannot go home like this!”

“Which is to say, perhaps...”

“While we're on this island, please, teach me!!”

“Hahaha... So the time has come for me to prove my usefulness as a teacher.”

“But of course! If you are prepared for it!”

“Incidentally... what do you want me to teach you?”

“Everything, of course!!”

• Another 50 material on the beach.

• Kai can't take another injury, so I send Sara, Kai and Mishima to rest. Sara doesn't need it, but she'll miss out on 2 fondness points if she does something else.

• Keiji finds 4 food. Kanna fails to find anything, but escapes injury. Sou finds 4 food. Reko brings back 29 material. Nao brings back 24 material. Kai gets an average rest. Gin finds 4,500 yen. Mishima gets an average rest. Gonbee finds 29 material.

Music stops.

“Oh?! Over on the shore, could that be...?!”

There was a rather large boat beached on the shore.

“Fantastic...! If this can be made to work, we need not rely on Miley to escape!”

“W-Who in the world...?!”

“There's no point in talking to you! Get out of my sight!!”

(What should I do?! She's furious...!)

• :black101:

Music stops.

“Gh...!!”

“E-Eeek!! Sto...!!”

“Urgh...”

“Huh? Just what was it I was doing out here...?”

“Ah! That's right! I found this boat! If it works, then escape is within grasp...!”

“...........”

“Oof...! It's not use! It's falling apart in places... Only a specialist could repair this!”

“As I thought... Is there no choice but to trust Miss Miley...?”

• Though he genuinely thought he was in danger, Mishima deliberately killed the girl and in the end it was all for nothing. Let's see if there's a less violent way to resolve the conflict.

“I was just forcibly brought to this island! I don't intend to quarrel! Just who are you...?”

“S... Shut up!! Forget everything you saw and beat it!!”

“I-I have allies...! Sooner or later, this boat will be noticed!”

Music stops.

“Please... Don't take my boat... I need it to get home...”

“Were you also taken to this island for some reason or another...?”

“Well, obviously... I didn't wanna come here...”

“Does your boat not work?”

“It's broken in places, and missing parts. If only it worked, I could probably sail it...”

(Perhaps some of our materials would prove useful for repairs...? I could lend her some...)

• We're a bit short on material right now.

Music stops.

“W... What's the meaning of this?! You're giving this to me?!”

“Indeed. You seem more knowledgeable about boats than I... And this side of the island does seem to have scant resources.”

“That would be quite scary... I'll refrain from that.”

“...Here. Take this.”

“If you come back here, you better come alone... And as thanks, I won't take your life...”

(It seems I got through that one unscathed...)

• Sara, Kai and Mishima are put back on crafting. Gonbee is sent off to rest.

• Sara uses material to expand the base. Joe finds 3,800 yen. Keiji brings back 36 material. Kanna avoids injury again.

• Sou isn't as lucky. Reko finds 32 material. Nao brings back 21 material. Kai increases the base points by 44. Gin is injured. Mishima increases the base points by 35.

• Gonbee gets a good rest.

“Oh my... If it isn't Miss Safalin.”

“Yes... I came to sell to you again today...”

• I buy the usual food.

• Sou and Gin need to rest.

• Sara increases the base points by 36. Joe finds 3,300 yen. Keiji brings back 38 material.

• Kanna gets injured.

• Sou gets a good rest. Reko finds 3,200 yen. Nao brings back 27 material. Kai increases the base points by 46 and finds 1 food. Gin gets an average rest. Mishima increases the base points by 37. Gonbee finds 3 food.

• The fishing net isn't working out so well this time.

• This inhabitant manages to survive Q-taro's attack.

• With the boost from seeing his first fondness event, Kai is now the second best fighter, but I prefer to avoid risking him being potentially injured as he's already at yellow health, so I send Keiji out, who finishes the inhabitant off.

• Sorry we didn't see Kai's second fondness event in this update, Kai's currently at 22 fondness points; the next event triggers at 25 points, so we'll definitely see it in the next update if we continue to raise Kai's fondness. As usual, please vote for two characters to focus on for the next update.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 22, 2020

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

...Sara, that is just bizarre. I know you're a good girl, but what the heck?

Anyways, my vote is for Mister Detective and Miss Musician.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Kai and Keiji.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Kai and Keiji.
This gets my vote

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Kai and Keiji.

Thirding this.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Is that one of the people who didn't clear the first trial?

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Is that one of the people who didn't clear the first trial?

Not that we've seen, I don't think. Her name looks to me like a pun on "far from land/the shore" (陸の遠 plus generic feminine name ending) so I think she was probably invented specifically for this side game.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• Since the Fish Net doesn't seem to be working out too well, I also build a Small Trap.

• Sara avoids injury. Joe finds 4 food. Keiji increases the base points by 13.

• Kanna's unique ability kicks in, when resting, she can heal someone by one stage of health. Q-taro gets an average rest. Sou finds 38 material. Reko brings back 32 material. Nao escapes injury. Kai increases the base points by 46 and finds 2 food. Gin brings back 39 material. Mishima uses material to expand the base. Gonbee finds 3,800 yen.

Music stops.

“What'd you come back for?! Use your eyes, dumbass! We're still kickin' it!!”

“Eheehee. You say you're doing just fine...?”

“You ought to take a careful look. Do you know how many of you there are?”

“Hm...? There's 12 of us, of course. Just as many as when we came to the island.”

“Ahhh... Is that a fact?”

“You said that with such a knowing smile, woof!! What's that about?! Stop it, meow!!”

“Eh...?”

“A curse...?”

“Don't be absurd, missy!! That kinda thing ain't real!!”

“...!!”

“P-Please, stop it... I don't want to hear that...”

“Please give it your all in surviving, so that your existence doesn't vanish.”

• Sara finds 5,300 yen. Joe escapes injury. Keiji works to expand the base. Kanna brings back 21 material. Sou brings back 40 material. Reko is injured. Nao finds 3 food. Kai works to expand the base. Gin finds 4,800 yen. Mishima increases the base points by 34. Gonbee brings back 32 material.

Music stops.

“Is there someone living there besides us...?”

“Surely it's not one of those attackers...”

“Wahaha... Shouldn't let our guards down, but let's take a looksee inside.”

“Is there anyone here...?”

“Ohh! So this was your base?”

“I'm in your debt for before...! So you're still alive... I'm glad.”

“Your complexion seems much better than before. Has your leg healed up?”

“Oh my! What a rugged weapon!”

“Used to be an engineer, you see. Never thought it'd come in handy like this...”

“I managed to kill one of those weird giant birds... and get my revenge. Oh yeah, I should thank you.”

• If we'd given him less than 3 food, he's dead and we miss out on the material and money.

“C-Can I accept all this?!”

“It's alright. With this weapon, I shouldn't worry for food.”

“Oh, yeah. And tell me your name.”

“Yes, I neglected to introduce myself. I am Kazumi Mishima. And you?”

Music stops.

“Ah, Kai!”

“Now, don't tell me you've forgotten about the matter of my hand analysis!”

“So you're saying... you are prepared?”

“Yes!”

“Then I will reveal all to you. Currently, Kazumi Mishima is...”

“Hrmmm...?! So those are the kind of results you get! But what do you mean by “level”...?!”

“Your levels are generally high. You possess the sort of personality that suits a seasoned veteran of life.”

“Is that right... Then I would certainly be interested in having your cooking, Kai.”

“In the event that we return home safely, you may taste the home cooking of a househusband that can make his wife groan with delight.”

“Come to think of it, do you have a wife?”

“Do I appear as such?”

“No, not exactly, but... Well, which is it?”

• I remove the Fish Net; food is getting a bit low and I'd prefer not to risk losing any more.

• Sara brings back 50 material. Joe brings back 33 material. Keiji increases the base points by 13. Kanna brings back 23 material. Sou finds 40 material. Reko finds 3,200 yen. Nao is injured. Kai works to expand the base. Gin finds 43 material. Mishima is also injured. Gonbee finds 4 food.

• This is the third random event that can happen on days without a scripted event. The box has a 20% chance of containing 100 – 150 material, 20% chance to contain 3 – 5 food, 20% chance to contain 5,000 – 10,000 yen and a 40% chance to explode, causing one stage of damage to whoever opened the box. There is a fourth random event, but that only has 10% chance of triggering (as opposed to the 30% chance for the other three events) and requires a certain character to be dead.

• Sara finds 47 material. Joe finds 33 material. Keiji increases the base points by 13. Kanna brings back 24 material. Sou brings back 41 material. Reko finds 3,700 yen. Nao gets an average rest. Kai works to expand the base. Gin brings back 46 material. Mishima works to expand the base. Gonbee finds 36 material.

“Waah! You! You came back!”

“So I have. Alone as promised, of course.”

“Just so it's clear, I don't trust you one bit! What do you want?”

“I believe you still haven't gathered the parts you need to repair your boat, yes?”

“Y-Yeah... So?”

(Hm... Should I give Touko some resources?)

• We've found a lot of material recently.

“T... That's quite a bit... If you're giving it, I'm taking it, but...!”

“Please make use of it for repairs.”

“It's not like I trust you yet! Evil people always wait to bare their fangs!”

“Then I'll visit until I can earn your trust.”

“...Here. Take this.”

“...If you come back, come alone.”

“Aha. Keiji. What's the matter?”

“H... Hrmmm...?! Alcohol?! But...”

“Just to take a load off. If you don't wanna, maybe I'll ask Sara...”

“I-It's against the law to give a minor...!”

“And do laws apply here?”

“U-Understood! I'll accept your offer, all right?!”

• If Sara's dead, Keiji “persuades” Mishima by claiming that without Mishima, Keiji might go too far, and be found dead in the sea.

“Wahaha... Glad for that answer.”

I began drinking with Keiji.

“...and that's how it went down. Funny, right?”

“Yes, very intriguing...”

“...You're a real connoisseur, Mishima.”

“N-No, a teacher would never indulge in drink...!”

“Wahaha... You're not around students. Say what you really think.”

“What I really think...”

“Don't wanna...?”

“No, it's simply...”

“If I could hear your own true feelings, then...”

“Wahaha...”

“Hahaha! Ahh, so I'm the stubborn one, am I?”

“That is the impression I was getting, yes.”

“Haha... Well, sheesh. Guess I didn't prepare enough.”

“Oh? Are you done already?”

“Is that so...”

“Keiji, I should say I love wine as well.”

“Heh... That's a truth I like to hear. I'll keep it in mind.”

• Sara finds 52 material and 6 food. Joe escapes injury. Keiji works to expand the base. Kanna brings back 26 material. Sou brings back 44 material. Reko finds 33 material. Nao finds 3 food. Kai advances the base and finds 1 food. Gin finds 45 material. Mishima expands the base and finds 1 food. Gonbee is injured.

• As per normal, please vote for the next two characters.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 25, 2020

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Kai and Keiji again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sarah, Keiji.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
Kai and Keiji

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Kai and Sara.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Kai and Keiji

Yeah, I'm interested to see where this goes.
And what that possible box is when someone dies. Mind's jumping right to replica.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

I would guess Mishima's head again if he wasn't the POV character.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Haifisch posted:

Kai and Keiji again.

Yeah, going for this, I need to see where these two are going.

Also I'm guessing the "memory curse" scene would be identical if you lost someone but with a lower number, only then the meaning changes drastically. That's really creepy.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
.......Aauuuugh. Oh, poo poo. Who was Sara talking to at the end of the introductions????? :gonk:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, going for this, I need to see where these two are going.

Also I'm guessing the "memory curse" scene would be identical if you lost someone but with a lower number, only then the meaning changes drastically. That's really creepy.

Arguably this is equally creepy or creepier if you killed boat girl or didn't give the injured guy enough food. The way Mishima acted in the alt timeline where he killed boat girl seemed odd at the time and this is an excellent explanation of why he acted like nothing just happened and like the girl hadn't been there at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Arguably this is equally creepy or creepier if you killed boat girl or didn't give the injured guy enough food. The way Mishima acted in the alt timeline where he killed boat girl seemed odd at the time and this is an excellent explanation of why he acted like nothing just happened and like the girl hadn't been there at all.

Oh god, I hadn't even noticed that. That makes Mishima a lot less of a psycopath and gives us a brand new view on what happened there. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• Going forwards, unless there are any objections, I'll just cover plot and fondness events in Your Time to Shine.

• Day 20, nothing happens aside from a battle with an inhabitant. Day 21...

“Mya... But what should we be looking at, woof?”

“The people and animals living on this island, as well as the climate and sea... It's all so strange, if you think about it.”

“I've never seen such big chickens in my life...”

“We've been opting not to trust anything Miley says, but...”

“If everything Miss Miley has said is true... What would that mean, I wonder?”

“Even if we forget the dead existed, shouldn't there still be traces of their lives left?”

“True enough... Even if memory vanishes, the footsteps one has left remain...!”

Music stops.

Why hadn't I noticed? It had been there for a long time. A bag just sitting there, getting no one's attention.

“B-But! There's often wreckage that comes onto the island...”

Yet the bag was not dirty enough for it to possibly have drifted ashore..

“I suppose there's no choice but to open it.”

...I opened it up.

These were things that wouldn't be unusual for a kidnapped person to have left behind.

“I can't remember! Just whose are these...?!”

“Why... can't I remember...?”

• Day 22, Safalin drops by and opens her shop. Day 23...

Music stops.

“Ohh, Jin. What is it?”

“I was passing by... So I just thought I'd talk. Here, a little present.”

“...I get it. So if you survive for 30 days, this Miley gal says she'll let you go free...”

“That's the long and short of it. A mystifying promise, isn't it.”

“You tried that?!”

“Without something with an engine like a boat, escape is impossible.”

“H-Hey... You're an engineer, right? Not getting' my hopes up, but could you, y'know, build a boat?”

“I might be able to repair one... But no way I could make a boat from scratch.”

“Dammit... Plus, I don't know anything about the sea! Used to know somebody who did, but...”

“You used to...?”

Music stops.

“...!”

“I just wanted to save myself, so I ran away and left her there...”

“I've looked for her... but never found her. By now, I'm sure she's...”

“What...?”

“H... Huh?”

“Are you being serious right now?”

"Honestly... I can't believe it myself. Yet many strange things happen on this island.”

"If you can still remember her... It's possible she's still alive.”

"..........”

"...True, there's been a lot of weirdness here.”

"I hardly remember washing up here...”

"Maybe a whole bunch of us washed up at first... Besides me and her. But then all of them...”

Music stops.

"...No, there's no point in thinking about memories I don't got.”

"You're my benefactor, so I'll trust you. The one I still remember... I'll go look for her.”

"Jin...”

"See ya.”

"Best of luck...”

• We won't reach the 25 points needed to trigger Keiji's second fondness event in this update, so I decided to raise Joe and Alice / Gonbee's fondness points as they've had a couple of votes.

"I'm sure everyone must be worried about you.”

"Hey, wait! Dang!! What about absences?! If I have to redo a year...”

"I have to imagine they would consider the circumstances...”

"Come to think of it, are you thinking about life after graduation, Joe?”

"Urk...! Honestly, not so much...”

"I guess it's no good to just have fun in the moment, huh...?”

"No, I'd say that's a wonderful thing.”

"Please, tell me what you find fun about it.”

"I mean... my best bud's there... and Ryoko's there... And all my dumbass friends...”

"Hmm, yes...”

"How fantastic.”

"But, yeah. Eventually, we're gonna graduate...”

"It's all right. Those bonds won't go away so long as you continue to treasure them, Joe.”

"Professor Mishima...”

"I'll treasure my friends, and give some effort to studying too!”

"Hey, professor, let me talk to you again next time I'm at a loss!”

“Yes, gladly!”

“Heheheh!”

• Day 24, Kai finds and eats some disgusting berries.

Y-Yes? What is it?”

"Are you... really a teacher...?”

"Yes, as you can see.”

"Hrm...?! Now, that I won't overlook!”

"U-Urk, don't get angry...! Someone who looks like you do getting mad... is really scary...!”

"Please, say no more...!”

"What...?”

"..........”

"Hmph... Worthless... Just spend as much time as you like.”

"Do you have any more worthwhile use of time?”

"...!!”

"That's true, now that you mention it...”

"Hmph...”

"Oh well... I've learned a little about you.”

"At the very least, you don't seem like a villain.”

"Err...?! I suppose we're both in the same boat...”

• Day 25 has another battle.

"Mwahaha... So you noticed.”

"The truth is, since talking with you, I've become interested in looking at hands myself.”

"So I'd love to see your own hands.”

"...Very well, but I am unsure what you might...”

"Hm, yes... These hands...”

"...”

"Oh? Doesn't that even get a smile?”

"...It was a joke?”

"...”

"It's been on my mind for some time now.”

• And you know this how exactly, Mishima? :stare:

"And earlier, you were perceptive of my gaze, even from behind you.”

"...So though palm reading would never tell you, you bluffed to make me reveal it...”

"So you say, but I did notice some things looking at your hands as well.”

"...?”

"Traces of housework, and cooking injuries. These unmistakably came from a household...”

"Compared the hands of one who lives alone like me... Yours are hands filled with affection toward another.”

"...!”

"Kai...”

"...”

"All this time, I have been joking with you most impolitely...”

"So that's how it went?”

"No, no, don't mention it. I just told it as I saw it.”

"...Hm-hm. You're no ordinary individual yourself.”

• That was Kai's last event. If we continue raising Keiji's points, we'll see his second event in the next update. Please note we're currently on day 25 and the game may end on day 30 – we have enough time to see Sara and Sou's second event (20 and 18 fondness points respectively), but we won't have enough time to raise Joe and Gonbee's fondness points high enough to trigger their second fondness scenes if we decide to end the game on day 30. We also have enough time to trigger any of the remaining characters first fondness scene.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 28, 2020