Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Don't do those areas at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I’m planning not to. Don’t see how any of them would even be good with co op tbh

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
The co-op area in Ivory King is probably the worst area in any game I've ever played

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rabid Boar posted:

The co-op area in Ivory King is probably the worst area in any game I've ever played

its completely unbelievable

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I like the DaS3 areas a ton so far. I just beat the Boreal Dancer on my first go after homeward boning out the first time since I had like 50k souls and didn't want to lose them, and I think I've killed everything you can up until this point. There's been a couple of letdowns @ bosses with The Deacons of the Deep being especially lame after having such a huge area setup for it, but the areas are all cool and so far none of those DaS or DaS2 stand-out aggressively bad areas where you just wanna get through it imo.

I managed to not find the co-op part of Ivory King & sounds like I got lucky by being a careless moron again. Almost curious to see how bad it is though lol. I didnt realize those areas in Sunken and Crown of Old Iron were DLC areas, but they're aggressively bad for sure. I like the games, but it's so easy to forget some of the bad parts and I'm only really remembering now when someone is suffering through them despite playing them fairly recently lol. Fume Knight and Sir Alonne are my favorite fights in all of DaS2 by pretty far, I think, and the hardest one to me, too; I wanna see those fights! Taking those dudes down with powerstance ceastus was as cool as the best DaS stuff to me

Liking DaS3 a ton, but looking forward to starting BB after and then Sekiro a bunch already also. Not in a rush to get through DaS3, but hype about them all

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Don't do those areas at all

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

iron passage is trash lol and the boss is just a recolour. got to him once and died because he had a new aoe that he didn't before. but not bothering running through it again. it's too random getting through running and what its supposed to do. don't see how co op would make this area not complete garbage lol

i warned you

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Champion Gundyr fight ruled :hellyeah:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

one of the most epic fights in the whole series

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rabid Boar posted:

It's badass

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

blindly stumbling into finding that zone and seeing gundyr there is one of my fondest dark souls memories

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Beat fume knight and feeling great! Didn't take any hits before he lit his sword on fire then took two of those because he really has such tiny windows to attack during fire phase. Then just at the end got unlucky with him deciding to AOE just as I got between him and a wall. His orbs have an initial detonation before they appear that got me but then dodged his next attacks for the double hit win. Glad to win on such a tiny sliver of health lol but woulda sucked to lose due to a single attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyRxg15vTQ

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

reading about fume knight on the wiki after and lmfao at this note about his parry/block attack

"...This move slows the pace of the fight, allowing you to recover Stamina/Fatigue[real life]."

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fume knight cant actually switch to second phase if it has the flame sword runes active, so if you bait it out it you can shorten the second phase to like 1/4 of its life bar. i like that fight a lot, its a real motherfucker with fist weapons though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

fume knight cant actually switch to second phase if it has the flame sword runes active, so if you bait it out it you can shorten the second phase to like 1/4 of its life bar. i like that fight a lot, its a real motherfucker with fist weapons though

I loveeeed it and didn't feel disadvantaged with fist weapons. Felt cool af :black101:

I was reading and it's cool that apparently he'll go into second phase immediately if you wear the Vestadlt helm as he's the other famous knight that Vestaldt got banished from the kings service. Neat.

What do you mean flame runes?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i didn't know that velstadt thing, thats cool. the flame rune thing is that downward smash he does that makes runes glow on his sword, he cant phase shift while his sword's glowing and its easy to bait at the right ranges

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

i didn't know that velstadt thing, thats cool. the flame rune thing is that downward smash he does that makes runes glow on his sword, he cant phase shift while his sword's glowing and its easy to bait at the right ranges

Ah that's neat! I thought maybe he had three phases regular ->sword getting hot -> big fire. I had also thought about just backing away a lot because he only does his long lunges at range really which are easy to dodge.

I feel he had a bit much health though. Maybe 10-20% less would be ideal as once I had his first phase down it got a bit tedious because he took some amount of hits so every try would take quite a while. Most fun I've had on a boss since Art and heard Sir Alone is also sick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alonne is a cool fight. Took me 15-20 goes. Don’t like him as an all time fight because after attempt 5 I’d regularly get him around 1/3 HP with no hits. Then I’d mess up and die. Felt like his pattern is basic enough but fast and tricky so it’s just more a fatigue than skill fight which are kind of tedious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i ended up not killing him because i got bored of the fight. hes fun, just not terribly interesting

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
alonne has the coolest fight arena in ds2 imo. most of the arenas are really boring but his is very dramatic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Definitely agreed, sick arena

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DLC 3 is a bit eh, not a fan of the blizzard, hurts my eyes. Also don't like every enemy being a potential archer. Also I dunno why but in every DLC all enemy types seem to have the base model of the huntsman copse guys. So they slide out of range of the double caestus hit a lot or even rubbing against them it misses a lot. Just gets grating by the third dlc area where every enemy model does this. It's not even an AI think they just weirdly slide off. Nearly at the end though and really hype for DS3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i actually liked the final DLC the most but i love all Snow games so im a easy mark for snow dlc.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is cool I think I'm closing in on 100 hours with the game and tiring a bit. I really like that there's an invisible boss that owns you right beside the starting area and makes you realise you need to go figure out a way to make the fight winnable is cool. I think the blizzard effect can just be a bit strong in parts and made it hard to find doorways. I like the enemy designs and how they clank lol.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

It is cool I think I'm closing in on 100 hours with the game and tiring a bit.

My secret shame: I never beat the Ivory King DLC

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i liked the ivory king dlc just because of the dragon bone fist, which is 100% going to rock your world

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

i liked the ivory king dlc just because of the dragon bone fist, which is 100% going to rock your world

:twisted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

also if anyone interest my fight with Alonne with double caestus. Think I get him down to 33% health with one small hit taken mid combo and then it becomes absurdly messy for the remainder lol because my rhythm is hosed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmAvgO-AQk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the fall into old chaos might legitmately be the worst encounter in all of dark souls

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

are we talking about Pretty Good Dark Souls Game, Dark Souls 2, still?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Obviously should be taken with a massive grain of salt but there are supposedly “credible” rumors floating about that Bluepoint Games “reinvisoned” project is Demon’s Souls for the next gen PlayStation and should be revealed at e3

nice

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I immediately googled and found out there is a puzzle element to o old chaos. God I hate puzzles like this

Also the app bio white phantom was neat but didn’t work well for me. There were signs warning me about him so I attacked him a bunch and he didn’t aggro when I hit him like three times so when he eventsually betrayed me it was just a sigh instead of a laugh from me. Him showing up with the covetous demon later was cool though if he wasn’t the absolute worst phantom troupe to fight against. Landed have such retarded hitboxes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
going from dark souls 2 to dark souls 3 is an upgrade with no comparison

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

going from dark souls 2 to dark souls 3 is an upgrade with no comparison

My friend played it recently and thinks it’s the best of the three. Gonna play it on my two weeks holidays. Should finish up 2 tomorrow. Gonna do Vendrick and Darklurker after finishing the dlc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

My friend played it recently and thinks it’s the best of the three. Gonna play it on my two weeks holidays. Should finish up 2 tomorrow. Gonna do Vendrick and Darklurker after finishing the dlc

darklurker is the only boss ive never beaten in all the post-demons souls fromsoft games lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The humanity cost to fight him is such bs lol. Been sitting on 40 plus in case. Checked his HP but nothing else as I always go in blind but he has half the HP of most dlc bosses at least

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Farklurker.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

bad metal album cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*gets seated with Darklurker, the blue Smelter Demon, and Mytha the Baneful Queen at Gamemaster Anthony’s birthday* :sigh: