Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/940339/1

I need more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wasn't Cross Ange the one with the......evil....baby? It ended up being about lesbians?!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Xun posted:

Wasn't Cross Ange the one with the......evil....baby? It ended up being about lesbians?!

Cross Ange is what you get when you cross a mecha anime with a women-in-prison exploitation movie. Temper your expectations accordingly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it has lesbians and srw writes cross ange's bits to have extra focus on that kind of stuff

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Just take the L.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Is there a list of good lgbt mangas to read somewhere?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think about that goofy character relationship chart in no genders where each character description it ends with "are they trans? gay? genderless" a lot lmao

i never read anything npast that because i figured it would be the highlight

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kuros posted:

Is there a list of good lgbt mangas to read somewhere?

My friend, have you heard the good word of double house?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Cross Ange was really good in a way I was genuinely super into for the first like, half. After that I had to check in with people who'd watched it to make sure I wasn't going insane lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
https://mangadex.org/title/41114/my-son-is-probably-gay continues to be a wonderful and wholesome thing :)

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Snooze Cruise posted:

My friend, have you heard the good word of double house?

I have not.

I'll take a look. :)

I'm really enjoying Mage & Demon Queen that someone mentioned earlier.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, that riyo comic from ten years back

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
"How to Make a Girl Fall In Love" is being translated again, by the way.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Your goofy duck AV never fails to lighten me up. :3:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
meow

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy-- that close-up was everything. :blush:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
foreverialy ojou-sama-ified and loving it

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RottenK posted:

foreverialy ojou-sama-ified and loving it

/r/ojouhypno

LifeLoveLive
Jun 25, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh my, that newest chapter of 'do you want to go out'

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

What was the name of this again?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

What was the name of this again?

https://mangadex.org/title/39536/a-manga-about-a-hero-who-pulled-out-the-holy-sword-and-became-a-girl

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
posting on the new muthafuckin stylesheet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the dynamics have changed....

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

everythingWasBees posted:

allies are banned after too many bad takes
I think I'm gonna like this thread.

Been getting the urge to
A) Change my avatar to something Flying Witch related, and
B) Watch Flying Witch again. The more over-the-top cutesy artstyle of shows like Laid-Back Camp don't really do it for me, so Flying Witch is basically my perfect chill anime.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

PMush Perfect posted:

I think I'm gonna like this thread.

Been getting the urge to
A) Change my avatar to something Flying Witch related, and
B) Watch Flying Witch again. The more over-the-top cutesy artstyle of shows like Laid-Back Camp don't really do it for me, so Flying Witch is basically my perfect chill anime.

:toot:

What's flying witch anyways. I guess I should watch it.

I read Cylcia=Code recently. It was an enjoyable light (trashy?) read. Not extremely gay but there's some gender fuckery in it and especially near the end. I think I am going to catch up on Whispering you a love song because I used to love it (the shorter main girl is a character type I like for some reason) and I found out it's been updating pretty regularly the past few months.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Toalpaz posted:

:toot:

What's flying witch anyways. I guess I should watch it.
It’s about an apprentice witch who moves to a small countryside town to go to school there and broader her horizons both socially and with the kinds of magic and magical creatures that live out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnm3qzbZf_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G5jYw-Rhk

Edit:

Also, there's a dub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxdJ7yUTf4

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 6, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Amazon send me my gay manga already, this is homophobia of the highest degree

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A new thing! A new Amano Shuninta thing! :toot:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I just found an excellent heavy story about a gay boy struggling over reconciling his sexuality with Japanese society-- trying to 'act normal' and not hate himself for being gay-- as well as the disparity between the relative popularity of BL/GL/Yaoi/Yuri vs real life homosexuality. He loves the sex with his (much) older lover but he wants to seem like a 'normal' high school boy and get a girl friend. Obviously, he has difficulties in that aspect, and the angst is just so delicious.

(The title in reference to a classmate buying some BL that he runs into. I think the implication is: due to his self disgust, he thinks she will hate him if she knows he is gay, unlike the gay people in BL stories)

https://mangadex.org/title/34732/she-likes-homos-not-me

This is a really good example of the self-hatred:

This is in response to mentally chewing someone out for blatant homophobia

And his face here is just so wonderfully cold; I love it

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 18, 2020

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I just found an excellent heavy story about a gay boy struggling over reconciling his sexuality with Japanese society-- trying to 'act normal' and not hate himself for being gay-- as well as the disparity between the relative popularity of BL/GL/Yaoi/Yuri vs real life homosexuality. He loves the sex with his (much) older lover but he wants to seem like a 'normal' high school boy and get a girl friend. Obviously, he has difficulties in that aspect, and the angst is just so delicious.

lmao at the translator note about how it's not homophobic to bully and ostracise someone with targeted homophobic slurs until your target jumps out a window

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sounds like a pro-tip for bigots.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i don't really get what the translator was trying to say with that note, but i like this series so im just gonna write it off as some weird brainfart they had

it's a good story, thanks for posting about it here WD

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
the adrtw lgbt chat - i can't imagine myself wanting a world where there aren't homos

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly not a fan of the translation being "homo" either, but I guess that's kind of the point? Everybody's very rude about it (intentionally).

And yeah, that TL really reeks of ally-posting, but I guess I don't really give a poo poo what the translator's thoughts are, they didn't write the manga.

It's good poo poo. A little hard to read, it hits deep, but good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Are there any good manga that deal with being lesbian, bi, or trans with that kind of heavier, psychological treatment? I feel like most of the gay psychological dramas I've read are mostly about gay guys, like this one and Shimanami Tasogare. Trans ones I can think of off the top of my head are bokura no hentai and that one seifuku one about the three hot mess characters and their awful relationships

Sometimes I just want vicarious catharsis through anime suffering