Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I missed the tag match (both actually) but the X match was good, the women's title has been real good, and the gauntlet was a good bad battle royal. Messy but most everyone got to do their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ngl, MCMG makes me interested in watching Tuesday.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ngl, MCMG makes me interested in watching Tuesday.
They've teased a lot of things tonight that I think I'm more interested in seeing than what's going on tonight. Which is just classic TNA to use a PPV to sell the TV show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
LOLTNA

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

They've teased a lot of things tonight that I think I'm more interested in seeing than what's going on tonight. Which is just classic TNA to use a PPV to sell the TV show.

I don't know that seems fair. They've had 2 title changes in two very good matches. And yeah, set up 2 good title programs going forward but did so in 2 good matches.

Or well, 1 good match and 1 good* battle royal.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
LOLTNA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eric Young, huh. Ok I guess.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Eric not so young

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know that seems fair. They've had 2 title changes in two very good matches. And yeah, set up 2 good title programs going forward but did so in 2 good matches.

Or well, 1 good match and 1 good* battle royal.
That's still peak TNA, have awesome matches on PPV that are just there to build to TV, instead of the other way around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

LOLTNA

Lid posted:

LOLTNA

I mean, where you really hyped for EC3?

Swann's probably better than any option I was expecting.

And EY is EY. I probably feel the same way about him the way some of you feel about Heath.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol EC3 is gonna come out sometime too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

That's still peak TNA, have awesome matches on PPV that are just there to build to TV, instead of the other way around.

I gotta be honest I don't see the booking flaw in good matches that build to more good matches.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What even are Eddie's pants?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

And EY is EY. I probably feel the same way about him the way some of you feel about Heath.
The most amusing thing about EY's surprise entrance was he was wearing a hood AND a mask and for some reason Josh Matthews is screaming IS THAT ERIC YOUNG COULD IT BE? before there was any reason at ALL to believe it was.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

The most amusing thing about EY's surprise entrance was he was wearing a hood AND a mask and for some reason Josh Matthews is screaming IS THAT ERIC YOUNG COULD IT BE? before there was any reason at ALL to believe it was.

Fair.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

God no but as an outsider looking in this match doesnt feel like a match for THE title at THE biggest event of the year, it feels like your local indy main event with the guys who are there to hold the belt from month to month.

Like trying to hype up Eric Young with footage including Kurt Angle and Sting, which was a swerve after another swerve to be "oh hey Rich Swann is the fourth man".

The co-main event felt like a bigger deal.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm just happy that Swann is healthy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RealFoxy posted:

They replicated the NXT reveal fuckup and they didn't even have an audience to blame

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EY got busted open the hardway it seems.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

God no but as an outsider looking in this match doesnt feel like a match for THE title at THE biggest event of the year, it feels like your local indy main event with the guys who are there to hold the belt from month to month.

Like trying to hype up Eric Young with footage including Kurt Angle and Sting, which was a swerve after another swerve to be "oh hey Rich Swann is the fourth man".

The co-main event felt like a bigger deal.

Yeah, I definitely wasn't feeling this match at all or really any of the options for champ. But of everyone involved Swann would probably be most interesting.

EY... eh. Like I said, as an old school TNA fan I just think I like seeing him not jobbing on Superstars and "home". None of us expected Angle or Sting so meh. And EC3 will probably show up at the end anyway with Gallows and Anderson.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Well as my first Impact PPV I can’t really say this has been worth $40

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't feeling this match at all or really any of the options for champ. But of everyone involved Swann would probably be most interesting.

EY... eh. Like I said, as an old school TNA fan I just think I like seeing him not jobbing on Superstars and "home". None of us expected Angle or Sting so meh. And EC3 will probably show up at the end anyway with Gallows and Anderson.

it's a problem of none of these guys have an aura of The Guy. They're all great in ring, I'm sure (bye Trey), but to be a champion is to have a bigger aura than that. There's a reason why to this day one of the TNA what ifs I still see some times in Monty Brown. He wasn't the best in TNA at the time by a mile but he had that intangible "it".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

it's a problem of none of these guys have an aura of The Guy. They're all great in ring, I'm sure (bye Trey), but to be a champion is to have a bigger aura than that. There's a reason why to this day one of the TNA what ifs I still see some times in Monty Brown. He wasn't the best in TNA at the time by a mile but he had that intangible "it".

Yeah. Like I said, I think they really got devastated by the losses of Mundo and Cage, and LAX and Lucha Bros were carrying main events for them as well. Tessa could have been big but we all know what happened there. Last time I was watching the main event field was Tess, Cage, Elgin, Sami, Daga, and Swann. I don't know what happened to Daga but Swann back seems good. EC3 could MAYBE be a good heel foil. Only other guy on the card I could see getting a push and exciting me would be Willie Mack or maybe Josh Alexander.

But yeah, none of them feel like they're hot or have the momentum to carry things. But Swann at least would have the "comeback" thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lid posted:

To be fair the person they had that with was Tessa. I think they probably could've done something with Swann (and still could, actually) as champ as well.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
returning eric young as a heel was an insane decision lmao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, now i don't care.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
knowing Eddie from back in his Davey Richards sidekick days and Ace Austin, a man i have never heard of whose finisher is apparently a running blockbuster... i guess the best option is Ace Austin? this isn't good...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

No matter how many times I hear this man referred to as Eddie Edwards I still refuse to accept it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is this guy's gimmick that he's Johnny Five Aces?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1284680381111861250

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eddie's definitely had an interesting last few years since last time he was champ.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Lid posted:

God no but as an outsider looking in this match doesnt feel like a match for THE title at THE biggest event of the year

Slammiversary is Summerslam, Bound for Glory is the Biggest Event.

Anyway Impact should clearly be getting behind Jordynne and the Knockouts and the tag division if the men's singles title scene is so lacking.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is he counting War Games as a battle royal?

e: since NXT was Network exclusive that makes him actually right.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

Is this guy's gimmick that he's Johnny Five Aces?

He does hand magic. But his real gimmick is a sleazy PUA and sex pest.

Sanguinia posted:

Slammiversary is Summerslam, Bound for Glory is the Biggest Event.

Anyway Impact should clearly be getting behind Jordynne and the Knockouts and the tag division if the men's singles title scene is so lacking.

Slammiversary was really 3rd for a long time behind Lockdown. But I don't know if they still do that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

And then Karl Anderson comes out and beats him down?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
this feels way too much like an IWA:MS main event

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

And then Karl Anderson comes out and beats him down?

EC3, Anderson, and Gallows I assume.

Perhaps as Aces & Eights.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
AND GALLOWS SLIPS ON THE ENTRY WAY

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Gallows slipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm genuinely shocked WWE didn't copyright "Good Brothers".