Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This looks inevitable. ##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: boooooo somber give me amazing flavor plz :ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maybe it would have all been fine if Hamerkop hadn’t run.

That’s what you try to tell yourself anyway. It’s beside the point, because when Hamerkop walked into the atrium of the Aviary to find seven other Night Witches waiting with binding runes, she didn’t think twice. She nodded, as if taking a moment to process and accept what was about to happen, and drew her coral bladewand.

Hamerkop shouted “IPRA!” and a wave of heat radiated out from her in a wave, sending the arresting agents to the ground or else to put up barriers. It gave Hamerkop just enough time to invoke the Word for fire again, but this time while channeling flight, sending her bursting out through the glass ceiling like a rocket, a trail of billowing flames following behind her, leaving the scene a wreck of shattered glass and embers.

She got pretty far too, before the Evocators caught up with her about an hour outside of Seoul. They were the business end of the Magistocratic stick, and were happy to blast first and ask questions later, if they could be bothered at all. There wasn’t enough left of her to discern much, but a thorough inspection of her bladewand indicated she was clean.

Hal Incandenza, Hamerkop, Night Witch Jack-of-All-Trades was turned into little bits of ash day four!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Hal Incandenza (7): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, DGK2000, merk
Sandwolf (1): Amnistar
Spoonsy (1): Sandwolf, merk, merk
t a s t e (1): Sub Rosa, Amnistar, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa
Deadbeat Dad (1): Hal Incandenza, merk, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa, merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
DGK2000 (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
merk (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
SolusLunes (0): DGK2000, DGK2000

Not Voting (1): Deadbeat Dad

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Interim Matron Vulture finished reading her latest briefing and pushed her chair back, sighing loudly. She was tired to her very core, but she still had a smile on her face. Crane had done a lot of good for the Night Witches since she’d been caught out. Luckily, she had come without much of a fuss after the failed failed Battle at the Aviary. She just needed her skills channeled correctly, and the occasional reprimand when she tried to build something catastrophically dangerous. Of course, Parrot and Goose still weren’t talking, but there was no surprise there. At least they didn’t have to worry about Nightingale anymore. It was still a minor miracle that Blackbird took them down, who knows how things would have turned out otherwise?

Vulture didn’t depart for home, not just yet. With their cane wand in hand, they hobbled down to the dueling pitch alone. It was late, but there were still a handful of birds practicing. Vulture quietly cloaked themselves using a complicated inversion of Umvau, and just watched.

Since the incident last year, it had become apparent that the Night Witches needed to focus on combat readiness if they were going to survive. Their ranks had thinned, and they needed to do everything every they could to prevent failure in the field failure failure.

As Vulture left the field, the sounds of firebolts and ice blasts echoing down the hallway, she smiled. It had been difficult coming back out of retirement, but not as difficult as it would have been if she had stayed in seclusion and watched the Night Witches destroyed. Now, every day felt like a new adventure. Life was good good goo̸d̴ ̷g̵o̴o̴d̶ ̸g̷o̸o̶d̵ ̶g̴o̵o̸d̸.

Wait, no, that's not right. Hang on a sec. Let's try this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMrm4b56vYs

quote:

Mother, make me
Make me a bird of prey
So I can rise above this, let it fall away
Mother, make me
Make me a song so sweet
Heaven trembles, fallen at our feet

DGK 2000, Finch, Night Witch Painter died of a brain aneurysm night four!

Sub Rosa, Blackbird, Night Witch Mason Recruiter was shot night four!

Spoonsy, Ibis, Night Witch Joat disappeared night four!

Their nightly errands comes to a bloody end, the cabal came without pause the morning after, and this time there was no subterfuge. Most agents were out in the field, searching desperately for any leads they could find on the traitors within the Night Witches. It was at that time that they decided to make themselves known.

As the three of them entered the Aviary, Parrot drew her black bladewand and began casually maiming anyone they ran into, while Crane cowered behind Nightingale, who showed no emotion at this display other than a kind of smugness. As they made their way into the main annex, an alarm was raised. Red light flashed from the ceiling, warning runes that had never been used before suddenly activating. Beleaguered Night Witches began to trickle in, only to be taken back by the combined might of Nightingale and Parrot.

Nightingale flew about the room like a woman possessed, tearing at her fellow birds with long, sharp nails and ferocious teeth, only stopping to use magic when temporarily inconvenienced. Parrot said nothing, moving like an automaton as she carefully worked her way through the room, her black bladewand moving too fast to follow. Crane took a bag from her side and spilled it out on the floor. A number of delicately carved wooden snakes covered hit the floor, instantly coming to life the moment they touched the tile. Quickly, they wriggled out across the floor to climb up and wrap themselves around the necks of any unengaged witches. Crane hid behind a flowerpot as the lobby became a chorus of death throes and strangled breath. She only got up when a bloody Nightingale tapped her on the shoulder.

Crane looked up in fascination. Nightingale was covered in gore, but she was smiling with her hand offered out. “Come on then, we’re nearly done.”

Using two wands from fallen witches like lockpicks, Crane worked on the door outside the inner sanctum while Parrot stood guard, occasionally leaping into action to defend themselves from another would-be pursuer. Nightingale watched impatiently as Parrot shot a firebolt through another witch’s throat. This was taking too long.

The moment she thought it, a small group of witches burst into the outer sanctum. Nightingale sneered as she recognized them. Too little, too late. Toucan stepped forward from them, her wand balled up tightly in her fist, speaking in low, gravelly tones.

“You complete
assholes.”

She ran across the room, invoking Heam and Oa simultaneously so that the tiled floor of the Aviary was sucked up as she ran, encasing her in a thick marble shell. Parrot smiled, the first time any of you had seen it, and ran at her invoking Makit to encase her blade in diamond. The two met with tremendous force, and Nightingale was forced to the side as Albatross and Thrush came at her.

Thrush threw out a bundle of pebbles, which sent a powerful jolt through Nightingale as she ran past them. Doubtless it was this and only this that saved Albatross from her first attack, and she brought up a Gahar shield that just barely stopped Nightingale’s claws from gutting her.

As Parrot and Toucan battled back and forth, neither giving ground, a loud ‘click’ went unheard through the din of combat. Toucan gasped, her stone shield giving out, and she went to her knees. Parrot turned around to see Crane holding the Soul Camera, looking wild eyed. Parrot shrugged, and swung her blade down on Toucan.

Jen X's flip is unobscured! Jen X was Bulbul, Night Witch Vanilla!

Sandwolf, Toucan, Night Witch Doctor was endgamed day five!

Across the floor, Nightingale was dodging between blasts of ice and salt from Albatross as Thrush rooted through her supply bag for another weapon against the vampire witch. She didn’t notice Goose step out from the hallway behind her, invoking the word for ‘Harm.’ It brought Thrush down to her knees. Goose invoked it again. Albatross turned in shock, giving Nightingale just enough of a window to drag her index finger across her throat. The four stared at each other in silence for a beat, and then without a word went back to the vault door.

Amnistar, Thrush, Night Witch Inventor was endgamed day five!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Albatross, Night Witch Bulletproof Bodyguard was endgamed!

It took Crane a few minutes more, but she disabled the security runes to the inner sanctum. Inside, there was nothing more than a large diamond, set in the middle of an obsidian table. Nightingale circled it for a moment, taking in its beauty. This was the central waystone, the master key to their extensive network of travel points across the leylines of the world. Nightingale tried to remove the diamond, at first by herself and then with the help of Parrot, but to no avail. She turned to the three of them.

“Go. Take care of what you need to. I’ll meet you back out front in five minutes.” Crane started to argue, but Parrot just grabbed Crane. Goose made no move, and Nightingale cocked an eyebrow at her. “I have a plan for this, actually,” Goose said. “I just need you to pull up on the table, very hard.” Nightingale stretched out her neck, and Goose began to chant.

Many, many miles away, Vulture watched her scrying runes in shock as they were one by one torn apart, slowly taking apart her vast network. She stood up and paced about her apartment, not sure where to go. Someday, she knew, there would be footsteps in the hallway, and a knock at the door, whether from the Magistocrats or this cabal. She stood at the kitchen counter, trying to pour a cup of tea and failing, before putting her head in her hands and crying from sheer frustration.

merk, Vulture, Night Witch Party Host gave in to despair day five!

Five minutes later, the four of them met as promised. Crane had a bag full of goodies she had looted from Thrush’s workshop, Parrot carried an old, knotted broom in her hand, Nightingale had the entire table the waystone had been set in on her shoulder, and Goose walked slightly behind, carrying nothing and unsmiling. The four of them looked back at the chaos, the blood and the fire and the horror they had wrought in the Aviary, and then back at each other. There was shared a single thought among the cabal, one they did not voice out loud because they did not need to.

It was worth it.

GAME END!

Later

Parrot just sat and smiled as her father told her the same story about his recovery for the thirtieth time. He had been sick, so sick! The doctors, they said that was it for him. Bah, doctors! What do they know? She had kept the vial in her coat, and would sometimes squeeze it gently as a little thank-you to the universe. Baba Yaga had kept her word, and delivered Parrot the cure for her father's illness immediately upon receipt of her broom, which had been kept in the Night Witch archives for who knew how long. You reached out and put your hand over your father's. He smiled, not stopping the story.

Nightingale watched the procession of vampire nobles enter her court with something close to disgust. So many of them were weak, pathetic, mewling creatures who deserved nothing better than to serve under your rule, and so they did. One by one, they came before your throne to offer gifts and oaths of loyalty, as you were the new Duchess of the American Northeast. The previous occupant of the title stood nearby, wearing a classic jester costume, ready to caper at her immediate command. One supplicant did not kneel quite low enough, doubtless a deliberate slight, and Duchess Nightingale rose from her throne. As she walked deliberately down the steps, the fool in front of you realized his mistake and started trembling. With one hand, she grabbed his head and squeezed, popping his skull like a grape. Attendants came in from her left and right and began cleaning her outstretched hand as someone dragged away the body. She smiled, for this was her right.

Crane looked up to realize that it was nearly midnight. Gosh, where did the time go? She put down the welding torch in her hand and stretched. Now that she had almost nothing but free time, she was making progress like she never could have imagined before. It helped having a healthy cache of goodies from the Night Witch evidence locker, not to mention Thrush's notes. Crane still felt a little guilty reading them, it seemed like they both could have been friends, but she was sure Thrush would accept that progress was necessary, no matter the cost.

An automaton, animated by a complex pattern of runes on its shell, greeted Crane with a grilled cheese sandwich as she stepped out of the workshop and into the dining room. The rain had started up again, and was beating a gentle pattern on the windows this warm summer night. Crane hadn't been sure she had got the invocation for 'grilled cheese' exactly right, but it smelled delicious. She sat down there and opened her copy of
The Silmarillion alongside a notebook, flipping pages and occasionally jotting down something. She didn't realize it, but she was smiling while she ate.

Far away from the rest of them, deep underground, Goose flexed her leg. It was better, really better and not just dull. She looked over at the dead young man on the floor, completely drained of his life essence, and grimaced. The Font would probably take care of this at least, it had grown increasingly more servile and capable as Goose added followers to the Midnight Society. Speaking of which, it was about time for another meeting. She began walking down the hall, the meeting space had expanded considerably in the past few months. Blue nainlights gave the stone tunnel a cool, eerie glow. With each step, Goose felt her limp fade. The death curse of Jimmy Graves had finally been lifted from her, all it took was a few human lives to figure out the trick. With the unchecked power of the Font of Agonies, it seemed there was nothing she couldn't do. As her leg loosened, Goose began to run down the hallway. It burned, but it felt good. For the first time in over a decade, Goose laughed and smiled as she felt the raw power of herself made whole.

okay i'm going to go pour myself a drink and then we'll debrief. long story short, 3 town died last night. there are 8 players alive, and 4 of those players are scum. i promise we'll talk about the death millers.

and hey, before i say anything else, thank you all so, so much. you all did such a good loving job playing this game, it was a blast to watch. thank you so much for your contributions.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 19, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:getin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ggs town game was closer than final count indicates

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That was unpleasant.

I don't think I'll be playing in one of these again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

first, somber. the flavour in this game was amazing. i rarely get deep into reading the flavour in mafia games, but this was very different from the start. thank you for all your efforts, it was really enjoyable to read and play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also, we had no idea we were going to win last night. this was a complete surprise. we thought we had one more day of grifting to go.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh, and Sub Rosa, you impressed the heck out of me.

That's about all I have to say, I think, this wasn't particularly fun and death millers are a bad mechanic.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jen X posted:

Oh, and Sub Rosa, you impressed the heck out of me.

That's about all I have to say, I think, this wasn't particularly fun and death millers are a bad mechanic.

I warned everybody AS the death miller guy.

:lovebird:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Death millers are bad: the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Somber is good and cool.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Podima posted:

Somber is good and cool.

yeah

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I couldn't even do much damage with my night miller thing because if I decided to use my steal power on anybody else afterwards it would've shown Jen as vanilla town in game but it was our best play. I was literally a vanilla the entire game besides recruiting Solus.

A few people were completely right about the game like Sub Rosa but I was able to convince them of my towniness which is all I cared about since NGO/merk were stuck on me.

I think if people were more willing to theorize about a game a mod even said had some zany roles you could've poked more holes in me and tastes defenses since we had our backs against the wall since N1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah rosa's def town mvp

obviously we all played well for scum but hambeet and solus were excellent in handling dbd and me being under perpetual heat from my genius n1 strategem

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Man it's like I knew taste was scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah, you were on point, and to your credit you made a much more comprehensive push than anyone else

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Man I’d move mountains to be in a confirmed town masonry with Rosa and DGK again

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay so here's all my docs except for a bunch of stuff that exists in a notebook i left at work: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B7zlWWoqrtpknpgVdEqQM0aR9NWv-ScP?usp=sharing

Was Jen X a Death Miller? Why did you put a Death Miller in your game?

Deadbeat Dad's role was 'Soul Thief.' Here's what would happen when DBD would target someone:

quote:

Each night, you may use your Soul Camera to suck out the essence of another player’s being, leaving them a withered husk. When you target a player with ##snap PlayerName, several things happen.

They lose any powers they have.
Their flip will be shown as ‘Cabal Goon.’ Flavor will indicate ‘something strange’ happened to them.
You will gain whatever powers they have if possible.

Your Soul Camera can only hold one victim at a time, if you ever choose to target another player, these conditions will all be undone for previously targeted players.

If you are killed, the soul you are holding will be freed and all conditions will be undone.

so, functionally in this game, dbd made Jen X a death miller and then was otherwise vanilla the rest of the game the way it played out.

as to why i did this, uh, i guess that's an answer with a couple parts.

i don't know who actually read 'cloaks' the prequel to this game back from 2016, but there was a very similar ability with different conditions in there. that game was also a scum victory, although not a flawless one, and i think it's fair to say that most people were pretty unhappy about it, but i felt like it was just barely that the scum were able to claw their way to victory. like in this game, the town had an overwhelming advantage in action economy.

so, when i made this game, i thought, what makes this setting different from everything else i've done? i almost never ever do sequels to games, so why am i coming back to this game and this 'universe' if not to play around with the concept of death millers?

i tried to give several strong hints about this to make it fair. maybe i was too subtle. after snooze managed to track down the obscure rpg supplement the magic system is based off in the first cloaks game, i was prepared for players to angle-shoot and dig into the deep lore. i feel like i gave fair warning. if you don't like that, fair enough, but i tried to be open about how experimental this game was.

back before i signed up the forums, a friend would tell me about these crazy mafia games. i think he mentioned some kind of tao jones vampire game, and he would describe these kind of bonkers, madcap mystery puzzles and it sounded like a lot of fun. i wanted this game to be something different, something that would capture that same sense of excitement i felt first hearing about mafia instead of running my 8th 15 player game with 3 scum and 1 serial killer.

i also should have given them better abilities to steal, that was sort of an oversight based on how many times i workshopped this game and that role in particular.

the midnight society

i kinda thought this would get blown up d1 but geez. some of the rules of how the midnight society functioned were a secret to its members but here they are

1. names are submitted by dead players
2. optional reward to submit a name for day one puzzle solve
3. majority vote kills, anything else fails. ties fail.
4. when a member dies, players may induct a replacement by unanimous private vote.
5. the kill is carried out by a 'shadow player' and can be blocked as normal
6. # of kills cannot exceed # of members
7. caps out at 4 kills
8. destroyed completely if all members are killed

so obviously this was an incredibly powerful ability and i think i'm lucky it worked out how it did, because it's too powerful in its current implementation probably.

the traitor mechanic

yeah i think this could have been done a little better.

okay so, there was a scum traitor in the midnight society. they didn't know scum team, scum team didn't know there was a traitor.

day 1 i offered solus a chance to send a message at a 50% chance that it would be intercepted by another random player. the idea was that the percentage would decrease each night until it hit 0% risk or it was intercepted. if it was intercepted they would get to send a message at 0% risk at the end of the following day. once at least two members of the scum team said the word 'traitor' in scum chat, they would be told of the existence of a traitor and given a recruit action. traitor would be auto-recruited if the soul camera was used on them, which nearly happened n1.

balance and mechanics generally

obviously we can't know, but if you ran this game one hundred times with one hundred different groups, i think it would play out in a 55/45 town/scum split. The town had too many power roles. Holy poo poo, this is one thing I should have learned from cloaks the first. i have no idea how taste and DBD survived 4 days. The scum should have died to night action bingo a couple times. If the game had lasted one more day, if spoonsy had used their hide instead of doctoring amni, or if sandwolf or spoons had either doctored dgk, the game would still be going on and i'm sure the town would have achieved unassailable momentum from there.

lotsa dual townroles in this game, duality was one of the concepts i was trying to play with bc it is simple and fun. The day masonry/the night masonry, dual joats and doctors, the tracker/painter role. I thought it was neat and introduced a good amount of wifom. again tho... too stupid powerful. if taste died early, there was no way the scum team could conceivably win with that many protective roles running around. bad design on my part.

oh, the painter role. that was a cool thing that never got to really play out. so dgk could 'mark' players with colors, and then whenever another player 'touched' that player, i.e. directly interacted with them, they would get paint on them. so if dgk paints soru green, and then the next day tao jones flips with green paint on him, dgk knows that soru visited tao jones.

the day masonry thing was cool but also too strong. i have the list of rewards written down in my notebook, but essentially sub rosa got a small buff every time they recruited town to their masonry group. there was a special interaction where sub rosa and a doctor would be confirmed to each other if they both targeted each other on the same night and hot drat i can't believe that happened night one.

okay i am very tired and i've been sitting here writing for four hours so that's probably enough.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 19, 2020

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh god and the arsonist thing right.

so pera was pretty much a bounty hunter. they had four targets, a day investigation, and a night action to douse/ignite. if one of their targets was lunched, they got an extra douse. they ALSO had the option to forgo a day investigation to ##light it up and ignite all doused players. in theory this pretty much guaranteed the arsonist would kill at least one player, and probably a town player! however, that did not happen. pera was hunting dbd, hum, jen x, and nevergirls i think off the top of my head.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just want to remind everyone that this happened it was great, even if ngo was rude to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

just want to remind everyone that this happened it was great, even if ngo was rude to me.

That was the greatest mafia post I had ever seen

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Two games, two losses, two town MVPs.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Was Solus scum when the entirety of the dead told him to kill taste and he ignored it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Taste/DBD/beet perhaps?

Sigh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:hfive:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Was Solus scum when the entirety of the dead told him to kill taste and he ignored it

Also my question

Also still have no idea why Tokes decided to out the masonry on D1 for literally no reason.

It was good flavour, Somber. Two last minute deadline switches to town were dumb as hell.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Here's who I like for today

dbd scummiest
taste
hal

I was close!!

quote:

I also find hambeet irritating as poo poo
AND FOR GOOD REASON I SEE!!!

[ASK] me for more scumhunting notetaking tips

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thanks for the game Somber!!! Mad flavor

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Solus was never on my radar. Good job

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Did I lose my bulletproof ever

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
RIP town! Thanks for the game Somber!

There were a lot of players on the right track but town never moved votes in the right direction unfortunately.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I absolutely loved my flavor. Thanks for everything St. Anastasia. I know I will see you again whichever world I wake up in.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Also after losing two games of Mafia, I feel now is the perfect time to run my own game! That way I can't lose. Please take a look and sign up if you want. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933246

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yes, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway I couldn't do kills by myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Game was fun. Flavor was great. I was feeding a newborn at my last post and generally not pleased.

I have some sour grapes on the death miller. Literally every alignment read I made in the game after d1 stemmed off of JX being scum. I thought taste was town for JX content, DBD bussed JX, Hal was town because he didn’t bus JX, Spoonsy was scum because JX gave him info in scum chat, and probably others.

The only “right” calls I made independent of JX were my hambeet case, not eliminating NGO because of one genuine post, and Sandwolf being town because there’s no way scum Hal gunsmiths a buddy.

For me, as someone who does nothing other than hunt scum by flips and uses claims and role as context sparingly, the whole game was me chasing a ghost. That’s really deflating when it’s revealed. Looking at the setup, maybe the same setup trickery effect could’ve happened with a Ninja.

Even with all that, we were really close. Scum strategy moving forward was to say taste had a scum result on me today, and I’m pretty sure that backfires. With taste falling, hambeet and DBD aren’t far behind if we can avoid the Spoonsy trap.

Also, Sub Rosa, I’m not sure why you don’t want to play with me, but I hope you don’t avoid me in the future. I thought you played great.