Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Push El Burrito posted:

Mods I am on my knees pleading for this name change.

mods pls rename him buy it now. i think its well deserved

snipe tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Mods I am on my knees pleading for this name change.

Okay I've put in a request for a name change to "wall hanging." Kind of a weird choice but I aim to please.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

OC

I've never been to Paris so I'm not sure exactly how it smells, but my impression is that it's not good. I was really tempted to buy dollar store hand sanitizer so I could smell like Paris at home.

just let the hairs grow and stop showering

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They Made A Board Game Out Of WHAT?!? Part two: TV shows

Hey kids, let's all gather round the diner table and play one of several fun games about the horrors of the Korean war, suitable for ages seven and up!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also I really should have included this one in the movies board games post because it's a real hum dinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7FjKT4VEM

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I played the Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures board game, and got into an argument with my dad over whether sharks are fish.

The short version: taxonomy is so many kinds of bullshit even scientists have kinda given up.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They Made A Board Game Out Of WHAT?!? Part two: TV shows

Hey kids, let's all gather round the diner table and play one of several fun games about the horrors of the Korean war, suitable for ages seven and up!

At the risk of self-promotion (of a podcast which has ended), my buddies and I did a podcast for a few years about old/weird/lovely board games. We played Welcome Back Kotter and the Trump game, among about a hundred others. Check out Flip the Table if you want a deeper dive into things like Murder She Wrote the Game (surprisingly good!) or Dexter the Game (breathtakingly bad!).

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2012/08/episode-9-trump-game.html?m=1

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/06/episode-56-welcome-back-kotter.html?m=1

Regretfully (maybe thankfully) we covered Trump before he was a nominee. We savaged him as people had been since the 80's: as a repeatedly failed businessman and reality show shitstain.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I played the Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures board game, and got into an argument with my dad over whether sharks are fish.

The short version: taxonomy is so many kinds of bullshit even scientists have kinda given up.

I was going to include some Australian TV board games but I wasn't sure how many people would recognize them

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ah gently caress, this one was actually 'shopped

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Ah gently caress, this one was actually 'shopped

It's a good 'Shop because it's plausible. A game based on Duel is far from the most inappropriate adaptation I've seen. That would be "Gone Birding!" It's a VHS board game about loving bird watching.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Will cheat and admit that the Rex Hunt board game was apparently an exclusively giveaway that my nautically obsessed family was lucky enough to receive. You know how some families when they get peak boomer saturation will start playing country music? Mine plays sea chanties.

I'm fairly sure my username and avatar theme is at least partially related.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In that case,

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

A Little local flavor

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I grew up with board games like Class Struggle

And Save the Whales, which came with really cool little metal whale playing pieces

Lolin at everyone who grew up playing capitalist propaganda

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Snowy posted:

I grew up with board games like Class Struggle

And Save the Whales, which came with really cool little metal whale playing pieces

Lolin at everyone who grew up playing capitalist propaganda

I own a copy of Class Struggle that I was never able to use on the podcast because we tried to avoid politics. :ussr:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Railing Kill posted:

I own a copy of Class Struggle that I was never able to use on the podcast because we tried to avoid politics. :ussr:

What’s the podcast?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Snowy posted:

What’s the podcast?

Flip the Table.

tableflipsyou.com

It's been defunct for a couple years but it ran for about five years and a hundred episodes of terrible board games. And the Star Trek VCR game, which was awesome.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My family had a copy of "A Chicken in Every Plot!" wherein you had to destroy noisemaking technology around the town so your chickens would hatch healthy.

I fuckin loved this game and everyone else in my family dreaded playing it with me

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
When we were kids if we were really good we were rewarded with a safe non-threatening round of Social Security

And if we were really really good we might be allowed to play Challenge The IRS!!

E: if we were bad then Mother would make us play Funny Finger :(

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Jul 19, 2020

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

When we were kids if we were really good we were rewarded with a safe non-threatening round of Social Security

And if we were really really good we might be allowed to play Challenge The IRS!!

:gowron:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Juked!

https://i.imgur.com/WY4rWcZ.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Mods please change my name to Your Favorite Sweathog tia.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Facebook Aunt posted:

OC

I've never been to Paris so I'm not sure exactly how it smells, but my impression is that it's not good. I was really tempted to buy dollar store hand sanitizer so I could smell like Paris at home.

Paris smell like piss, gasoline and sometimes the most amazing bakery on Earth.

But mostly piss.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Cartoon Man posted:

How do I get this job? Do they need references? A skills test? Does it work on commission?

https://youtu.be/Yt5VzZCVYqQ

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

In that case,

There's a modern board game based off of the search for the northwest passage that's actually pretty good.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Moon Slayer posted:

Okay I've put in a request for a name change to "wall hanging." Kind of a weird choice but I aim to please.

May I recommend doing a google image search for "gurning" and making that his avatar.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Elviscat posted:

Ah, the Flehmen reaponse.

Silly. Parisians aren't Flehmish!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Speaking of the Flemish, i thought Paris had a reasonable amount of outdoor piss smell, but Brussels was the absolute worst on a hot day.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Inzombiac posted:

Paris smell like piss, gasoline and sometimes the most amazing bakery on Earth.

But mostly piss.

I went to Paris for the first time last year and was absolutely astounded by how drenched in piss it was.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never been to Paris proper, but Charles de Gaulle airport smelled like piss. (and is also the worst airport i've ever been in)

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Where the heck are you small town country bumpkins from that your major metropolitan areas don't smell of piss?

I know you aren't all American because I've been to some of your cities and the piss stench is most definitely not a uniquely Parisian thing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

In Dallas nobody can walk anywhere so there's no reason to piss on the street

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I went to Paris and ADORED it, but I also went during a historic cold snap, so the pee fumes were frozen, the rats were dead, and there were no other tourists. So that's my Paris recommendation. Go in a blizzard.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Rozzbot posted:

Where the heck are you small town country bumpkins from that your major metropolitan areas don't smell of piss?

I know you aren't all American because I've been to some of your cities and the piss stench is most definitely not a uniquely Parisian thing

All cities smell like piss, but some aren't characterized by it. Boston, for example, smells of dead fish much more than it does of piss.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
NYC has more of a fecal smell with a hint of hot garbage, except during the summer when it’s basically all hot garbage all the time.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

featuring the cartoon art of Andrew Fyfe

https://twitter.com/Fyfetoons/status/972642596014112768

edit:

I no longer remember what the actual gameplay involved.

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jul 19, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

His chair has the strength of ten tigers!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Zetsubou-san posted:

edit:

I no longer remember what the actual gameplay involved.

Pretty sure you have to Get The Cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Mauser posted:

Speaking of the Flemish, i thought Paris had a reasonable amount of outdoor piss smell, but Brussels was the absolute worst on a hot day.

Finally something Brussels can beat Paris at