Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): CapnAndy, cheese sandwich, Dead Cow, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Power of Pecota, Spoonsy, yuming

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 20th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning. Nice shot Hum. Not the kill I was expecting.

Any news Dead Cow?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Never doubt me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Very interested to hear what dead cow did last night

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I checked hum out. I’m phone posting right now so I need to go back and read something before I put a vote down

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lol what

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

So Hum never opened his mouth about the Andy thing, mostly because he shot his vig shot.

All this heat came on me because I didn’t want to come out about my role because I was uncomfortable with the way everything was going. Hum happily votes me knowing that he himself isn’t a 1 shot vig. I think he’s scum.

##vote hum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So you didn’t actually role cop me

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

So you didn’t actually role cop me

You’re a joat

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah

And one of my joat powers is a dayvig lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I used another to track someone to you last night, but I’m not going to out them because something tells me it wasn’t a negative thing they did

You’re just going off a very bad hunch here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Gush you, you gushing mothergushers

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
JOAT is typically like, doctor, cop, something and something, but there's no hard and fast rule for it - one of those one-shots could easily be a vig. Seems like a bad vote.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

JOAT is typically like, doctor, cop, something and something, but there's no hard and fast rule for it - one of those one-shots could easily be a vig. Seems like a bad vote.

I’m not voting him for being a joat, which is why I didn’t mention his role. I’m voting him for how his interactions went down when all the Andy talk was going on. He was more than happy to vote me and pretend he’s town

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
tpink also has a role besides vig and didn’t claim.

I don’t think not speaking against Andy’s plan is damning since Hum had a vigkill. The important part was thinking all town had one which from most players POV made sense. Feeling a bit more suspicious of Dead Cow since she seems itching for a “gotcha.”

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
*had :sparkles:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Lmao what is this

Is there something about the rest of his role that makes you think he’s scummy or another reason why you chose to check out someone whose role was at least semi confirmed at eod

I agree w yuming this feels like some kind of set up. Idk the scum motivation to just come out of the gate with that though, on the same person she investigated with a result that doesn’t sound particularly scummy at face value?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

##vote Dead Cow

It was going to take something big to make me vote anywhere else (I don't buy this "being cagey" story, it's still co-signing on to the plan when you know it's based on a fundamentally flawed assumption) and tpink literally just flipped as town with a dual role and you're voting Humalong for having a dual role in the most charitable reading.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I used another to track someone to you last night, but I’m not going to out them because something tells me it wasn’t a negative thing they did

You’re just going off a very bad hunch here

I hope this was an investigation, and if so I'd be on board with that person claiming the result - we're at 9 people left, we haven't had any protective roles flip, and Humalong's JOAT kit probably contains a protection or something~

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know why the gently caress you'd lie about your literal flavor, but I'm an apple gusher, so doubly what the gently caress, cheese.

##vote cheese there can be only one

This is also sketching me out. If there’s a cactus gusher you can’t tell me he ran out of flavours and had to use apple twice

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

cheese sandwich posted:

This is also sketching me out. If there’s a cactus gusher you can’t tell me he ran out of flavours and had to use apple twice

yeah, I had that thought too - we've had banana and cactus flip, so having to double up on apple feels really dumb, unless he's literally just using what appeared in the commercials as roles and there weren't thirteen unique freaky fruit-headed tweens to use? I'm too apathetic to do a deep dive into the Gushers Fan Wiki or whatever to determine if that's probable so I'm going to assume it's not

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

yuming posted:

tpink also has a role besides vig and didn’t claim.

I don’t think not speaking against Andy’s plan is damning since Hum had a vigkill. The important part was thinking all town had one which from most players POV made sense. Feeling a bit more suspicious of Dead Cow since she seems itching for a “gotcha.”

100% - the dayvig thing was never about claiming whether people were exclusively a dayvig, it was whether they had a dayvig period. As the person who was pressuring tpink to claim whether they had a dayvig the most, if they would have also claimed PGO, I'd have been upset because it wouldn't have served any purpose

cheese sandwich posted:

Why would a scum Andy lie about flavor to vote against a town you, who he would know would flip as town? That would be some real 4d chess stuff

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe I misunderstood then

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Why would a scum Andy lie about flavor to vote against a town you, who he would know would flip as town? That would be some real 4d chess stuff

I’m having trouble thinking of why anyone would lie about something like that, which is probably why I haven’t done anything else with it. Idk

Unless it’s just random chaos? Thinking about it I guess if we Occam’s razor it out he might actually be apple but it seems silly

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Dead Cow posted:

What did you misunderstand

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There are many more than 13 flavors of gushers but I only saw 11 different gusher headed kids in the commercial so if JC wanted pics for everyone he may have doubled down

And as PoP said, I doubt Andy is lying about his gusher flavor that’s a weird tack to take

As far dead cow goes, it does seem she was telling the truth about the rolecop but that’s alignment neutral at best and voting Humalong doesn’t seem well thought out. Sure he was a little cagey about the Andy plan but also as PoP said he was still a vig

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm also a dog, I'm a dog that got turned into an apple because Gushers commercials are a nightmare. Maybe cheese is a kid that turned into an apple or just an apple? I know for a fact I am apple flavored!

Also with all these flips, it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)

##vote DC but yuming's fine too, or we could just shoot 'em and see if the game ends

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I'm also a dog, I'm a dog that got turned into an apple because Gushers commercials are a nightmare. Maybe cheese is a kid that turned into an apple or just an apple? I know for a fact I am apple flavored!

Also with all these flips, it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)

##vote DC but yuming's fine too, or we could just shoot 'em and see if the game ends

The examples used in my role pm were macintosh and Granny Smith

So this would make you not a gusher correct

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah feels weird but also too obvious

Also I just saw 12th gusher kid but he was mystery flavored and part of the mystery was they didn’t show his head. Someone better be mystery gusher though

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
So that wa a D1.

Hi, here to actually participate now. I'm Blueberry, by the way. Sorry that my shot basically got thrown away with minimal results.

I don't want to vote for a joat in this game where it seems like every other person has a gun. I also have a secondary role alongside my now useless gun, but I don't want to claim it yet.

Here's a buzzfeed article with gusher heads in it for those who don't want to do more googling:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kellymartinez/if-you-were-scared-of-these-gushers-commercials-youre-not

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

cheese sandwich posted:

The examples used in my role pm were macintosh and Granny Smith

So this would make you not a gusher correct
I am an apple and a dog and a gusher. Look, I didn't write the flavor or the commercials. I don't know what to tell you.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey don’t lump me in just because I don’t have a vigkill.

It’s actually p frustrating because everyone else can at least shoot someone if they have a strong suspicion. We didn’t even vote anyone out yesterday but at least consider my play and motivation instead of wanting to blanket kill me for “information.” Which spoilers isn’t going to help town.

I have cooled a bit on cheese I want to reread once before I drop a vote.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

This is mostly a flavour argument/vote but every flip we’ve seen so far, my role pm and I’m assuming probably most of your role pms are straight up flavoured gushers, you sound like an imposter or some kind of anti gusher

##vote andy

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

DC’s play was bad but idk if it’s scummy yet

With the action it kind of read earnest to me, like they thought they’d found something

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I’m cooling on the vig/not vig scum tell, I don’t think it would be that easy and I’m more open to the possibility that there may be 1 or 2 scum vig’s if people have roles with more than just the vig

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Spoonsy posted:

Here's a buzzfeed article with gusher heads in it for those who don't want to do more googling:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kellymartinez/if-you-were-scared-of-these-gushers-commercials-youre-not

Lol

<3 oh to be in the 90s again

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Dead Cow posted:

About what the original argument was against me and that multiple people may have dual roles. I'm just really confused about this whole game now.

##unvote

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

This is mostly a flavour argument/vote but every flip we’ve seen so far, my role pm and I’m assuming probably most of your role pms are straight up flavoured gushers, you sound like an imposter or some kind of anti gusher

##vote andy

I’m kind of feeling this the more I think about it

A) my role pm says I’m THE apple gusher, not A apple gusher. Or I guess more properly, AN apple gusher

B) who would trust a dog around candy

Maybe this is me because I get really flavour heavy (heavy flavour, heh) with my roles when I write them but idk something seems fishy here

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

yuming posted:

Hey don’t lump me in just because I don’t have a vigkill.

It’s actually p frustrating because everyone else can at least shoot someone if they have a strong suspicion. We didn’t even vote anyone out yesterday but at least consider my play and motivation instead of wanting to blanket kill me for “information.” Which spoilers isn’t going to help town.

I have cooled a bit on cheese I want to reread once before I drop a vote.

Like, I brought up the town vig/scum without vig setup in the first place and I'm specifically looking at DC and not you because you've been posting from a perspective consistent with not having a dayvig.

cheese sandwich posted:

DC’s play was bad but idk if it’s scummy yet

With the action it kind of read earnest to me, like they thought they’d found something

Please, please tell me how a town DC sees Andy lay out a plan which involves three people firing of D1 dayvigs and treating those three people as confirmed town going forward and doesn't object. I don't care if it'd be funny, I don't care if it's consistent with what happened in the Sealab game.

Andy specifically asked whether anyone saw any flaws with it, and DC made some pithy posts acknowledging the plan without addressing a fundamental flawed assumption about it.

Meanwhile, a scum DC sees the plan and thinks either "Oh poo poo, this might on paper but I don't want to stick my neck out against it and draw attention" or "Because of [something about the scum roles] this won't work, and if town follows it we have a bunch of D1 vigs flying around willy-nilly" - in either scenario there, it makes perfect sense not to object

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m kind of feeling this the more I think about it

A) my role pm says I’m THE apple gusher, not A apple gusher. Or I guess more properly, AN apple gusher

B) who would trust a dog around candy

Maybe this is me because I get really flavour heavy (heavy flavour, heh) with my roles when I write them but idk something seems fishy here

Here is one of the first games I played here. Because of how that game went (spoiler alert - TiredDaemon came up with a great plan where he and his partner TNL come up with a code to basically compare their role PMs - when TNL's matches his directly, he considers them both confirmed town and flushes the whole game down the toilet doing process of elimination bullshit off of that because TNL was scum and scum were provided with what town role PMs looked like out of the gate)

Because of that game 12+ years ago, role PM wording is something I really, really don't like to rely on whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I did not comment on the Andy thing because I do not read Andy’s posts. They are too long and I get bored.