Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

i don't have it but i had to make an OP so here it is but let me reassure you that i do not have COVID19

don't stand so close to me with your pestilence

anyway prayers going up for all byob angels posting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Im in Florida, so it's coming. *looks out the window at the wall of covid massing on the horizon*

Prof. Crocodile

I live in New Jersey, so the worst of COVID risk is behind me, and I now only have to worry about the fact that I live in New Jersey.

cda

by Hand Knit

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I live in New Jersey, so the worst of COVID risk is behind me, and I now only have to worry about the fact that I live in New Jersey.

New Jersey is cool

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I'm sick and getting a test tomorrow, pray for me goons

Chewbecca

I was gonna get one today but it was nighttime and the line was too long and I didn't want to sit in the waiting room with all of those sick people :whitewater:

Prof. Crocodile

Chewbecca posted:

I'm sick and getting a test tomorrow, pray for me goons

:pray:

nut

I hope you’re well chewbecca!

Chewbecca

nut posted:

I hope you’re well chewbecca!

Ok so I felt like poo poo and took a sick day even though I work from home at the moment.

I'm :australia: we have drive through tests so we went and did that. They tickled my brain stem with a long thingy and it hurts. Will get results in 3 to 5 days, and in the meantime we aren't allowed to leave home lmao

Chewbecca

Apologies op, I posted even though I've not (yet) tested positive

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

Covid is still happening?
I thought it was eradicated since everything is opening back up.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Oh it's happening alright.

https://www.ky3.com/2020/07/14/springfield-city-leaders-approve-masking-provision-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

What unmasked freedoms should I check off my list before Friday byob

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

prepuce repurposed posted:

https://www.ky3.com/2020/07/14/springfield-city-leaders-approve-masking-provision-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

Get all the kissin and cigarette smokin outta yer system

Stunt_enby

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
testing employee goon posting in this thread every 5 minutes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Pa done tested positive so I think I can post here.

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

I showed BYOB to my doctor.
She said it tests positive.
Positive for being AWESOME! :cool:

google THIS

I have not tested positive yet but today my mom saw an old lady at the grocery store pull her mask down in order to cough violently, then put it back on.

Chewbecca

google THIS posted:

I have not tested positive yet but today my mom saw an old lady at the grocery store pull her mask down in order to cough violently, then put it back on.

RIP your mom

Snow Cone Capone

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I also live in NJ and I thought this too, but lol someone at my wife's office just tested positive :smithicide:

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Oh Florida, you're amazing. I knew you could do it.

:stare:

Areola Grande

do what

Stooge

kickflip in a mcdonalds

Stooge

I'm positive

Positive I don't have it

*bows*

Snow Cone Capone

Stooge posted:

I'm positive

Positive I don't have it

*bows*

:hmmyes:

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

Can I just post this cute and important video about staying positive in a more mental way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAhsXyO3Ck

:glomp: to everyone

awkwerd paws

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement

cda posted:

New Jersey is cool

a凸[◣_◢]凸 unban Anne fraje fanfic a凸[◣_◢]凸 Summer FYA D 2022 a凸[◣_◢]凸 good bird byw hot cocoa on the couch

408419132479 #MarioKartTour #MarioKartTourPlayerID pm to join mario kart discord

Chewbecca

Update: I actually tested negative to covid 19 so I am now ineligible to post ITT

Apologies op

Manifisto

got my antibody test result today, it's positive :toot:

so I had it back in march/april, just like I thought

ty nesamdoom!

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Manifisto posted:

congrats!

Chrs

Manifisto posted:

Does that mean you can't get it again or is it the science on that too early to say? What was it like having it?

Prof. Crocodile

Chrs posted:

Does that mean you can't get it again or is it the science on that too early to say? What was it like having it?

no time for this sort of nervous nellie thinking!

quick op run free in city breathing deeply, licking doorknobs, and hugging whichever senior citizens strike your fancy

live for those of us who cannot

Manifisto

Chrs posted:

the science is, alas, too early. but you'll find people in threads in other subforums saying that the immune system really doesn't produce antibodies that don't work. I don't know enough about it to say.

the real question is, most likely, how long the antibodies confer protection, and that's unknown.

as to how it was, I believe I got it twice, or more specifically had symptoms twice. the first was in early march, when it was running around NYC undiscovered. I had a dry cough that turned into a much worse cough, shortness of breath, and elevated body temp that was not a fever. the shortness of breath was a little terrifying, I bought a pulse oximeter to make sure my lungs were not collapsing, but all things considered it was not so bad (except for being in self-quarantine while everybody was running around buying up all the supplies). the cough persisted for quite a while.

then in April, I got more acute symptoms. lack of taste, a (brief) fever going up to 101.7, fever sweats, body aches, plus the aforementioned cough and shortness of breath. the whole thing only lasted 2-3 days though, although once again the cough took a while to fade.

I theorize my initial exposure was a very low viral load, so my immune system was able to keep it in check without producing a lot of antibodies. perhaps in April I got another exposure and that was enough to give it a proper foothold.

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

You're the first person I've known of who suspected they had it and then found out they actually had it

Areola Grande

Chrs posted:

bad news. looks like an Israeli doctor who had it 3 months ago has been infected a second time
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-doctor-reinfected-with-coronavirus-3-months-after-recovering-635550

Manifisto

bad news. looks like an Israeli doctor who had it 3 months ago has been infected a second time
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-doctor-reinfected-with-coronavirus-3-months-after-recovering-635550

this topic is a big can of worms. rather than delve into it here, I'll just say it is important to reserve judgment on what is happening, there are a huge number of uncertainties, including whether "reinfections" are simply cases of the virus not being fully eliminated the first time around regardless of what the tests show.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

I agree. It's still mostly a mystery but articles like that one are discouraging :ohdear:

Manifisto

I agree. It's still mostly a mystery but articles like that one are discouraging :ohdear:

I hear you. the one thing I take heart from is that the confirmed examples of stuff like that are pretty rare, at the moment.

Finger Prince

Hey Manifisto did your nose start running clear like a goddamn tap all of a sudden out of nowhere one day? Because I've probably got allergies to some stupid tree sex or something that started today but you never know. Runny nose is a symptom. And holy crap it's running so fast I can barely catch it.

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

Hey Manifisto did your nose start running clear like a goddamn tap all of a sudden out of nowhere one day? Because I've probably got allergies to some stupid tree sex or something that started today but you never know. Runny nose is a symptom. And holy crap it's running so fast I can barely catch it.

not grouped together with the other symptoms, but yes that did happen, however I am pretty allergic to trees and that just seems to happen on bad pollen days. this has been a bad pollen year imo.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Talking about the biological details while so much is still unknown always give me a light touch of the creeping dread, like I'm living in the first half of a horror movie. I'm supposed to get my results back this week and at first I wanted antibodies, but now I don't know what to think. :ohdear: