Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

My whole life I've been told that butt welds are superior in strength to all other pipe welds, and should always be the preferred method in welded piping systems.

That being said, my heart will always mourn for the neglected socket weld, for its ease of use by novice welders, superior mechanical strength when used in adverse welding conditions, superior ease of repair, and lower NDT requirements when repaired, due to the majority of the mechanical strength coming from the socket that the pipe rests within, not the weld itself. Alas, the common butt prevails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Jake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:butt:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Jessica Alba

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Matlack Radio posted:

Jessica Alba

My god they’ve broken the seal

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Snowy posted:

My god they’ve broken the seal

No not the seal!

But seriously, a question for the thread:

Otters or Bears?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well I'll be honest the thread did not go at all like I thought it would, but I am glad that people treated it somewhat as I intended: a silly throwback to the PYF of yore. Someone way smarter than me probably could talk about how this represents changing forums culture and demographics, but I'm just glad some people had fun. :)