Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"There is nothing wrong with making money" is the rallying cry if every punk who's currently figuring out the price tag on their values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

"There is nothing wrong with making money" is the rallying cry if every punk who's currently figuring out the price tag on their values.

at least Fugazi framed it as self-protection

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/1262036698747281411

also Jim Smallman deserves every single bad thing that ever happens to him.

Not the way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Things you love to see

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

at least Fugazi framed it as self-protection

They also self funded themselves

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Riptide are now partnering with IWTV. Cinematic pro wrestling for everyone.

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/breaking-riptide-wrestling-partners-with-iwtv

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1273604500532666371?s=19

Southside title vacated as well

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

tbh the Southside title should probably be quietly retired as the company behind it is no more either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weren't RevPro intending to run it as a second brand? I mean that's likely out the window with the 'rona, but still...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I think the plan was to have Starr/Ospreay II to unify the belts at the May show but then the 'rona hit and ended that. They still might see money in a unification match and have a tournament

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SamHFP/status/1283844643688505344

Worker at a UK production company posted a lengthy essay about how the owner of Breed Pro owes a lot of money that's likely never getting paid back. Only held off on coming forward about it sooner because when he first brought his complaints up to talent, he was told in no uncertain terms he'd risk being blackballed

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/SamHFP/status/1283844643688505344

Worker at a UK production company posted a lengthy essay about how the owner of Breed Pro owes a lot of money that's likely never getting paid back. Only held off on coming forward about it sooner because when he first brought his complaints up to talent, he was told in no uncertain terms he'd risk being blackballed

aw man

I was just thinking "man, sure sucks how three of my five wrestling hats are for wrestlers who have been canceled, at least i still have this hat from the tiny promotion I randomly went and saw in Sheffield last year"

starting to get worried about my remaining hat for... naito :ohdear:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

aw man

I was just thinking "man, sure sucks how three of my five wrestling hats are for wrestlers who have been canceled, at least i still have this hat from the tiny promotion I randomly went and saw in Sheffield last year"

starting to get worried about my remaining hat for... naito :ohdear:

Boy have I got some bad news for you. Naito runs out on interviews in restaurants leaving the interviewer to pick up the tab. Reprehensible.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

can't remember where the BritWres thread is, so I'm going to post this in here and pretend that it's about a European promotion

RevPro taped a show two weeks ago, and in spite of Andy Quildan making a huge fuss about #SpeakingOut on a 4.5 hour podcast, he nevertheless booked Ospreay for a match https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1292896231681937411?s=19

wrestling sucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RevPro were never going to jettison their Champion, their biggest star, and a guy who their partners New Japan are extremely high on. Sure, maybe it'd be nice but it's wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, like it or not, Ospreay is a shitlord, but not one that did anything criminally actionable, so very few places are going to boycott him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crossposting: RIPTIDE is done on Pivotshare and transferring to IWTV as of September

https://twitter.com/RIPTIDEwres/status/1297565295398223875

Current subs on Pivotshare get a 2-month IWTV trial (email IWTVRIPTIDE at gmail)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Finnish promotion FCF is coming back this Saturday for their first live show in half a year. What’s nice is that for the first time ever, everyone who bought a ticket will receive a video recording of the show when it ends. I like to think I’m kinda responsible for this because when the show was announced, they didn’t mention any corona measures and I posted on the event page asking about that stuff and also the possibility of them streaming the show or putting up for purchase later. After all, I want to support them and see the show even if I’d decide I wouldn’t be going, which is likely because I have little interest in catching the virus and a wrestling crowd is going to shout and chant which’ll make me at the very least uncomfortable to be there right now - not something I want from what’s supposed to be a fun event. The virus situation here is pretty well under control but this is the hotspot in this country and I’m still going to be avoiding events bigger than like a dozen-ish people for a good while.

It’s probably just going to be a hard cam recording but I’m v. cool with paying the ticket price for it.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

extradite THIS! posted:

The Finnish promotion FCF is coming back this Saturday for their first live show in half a year. What's nice is that for the first time ever, everyone who bought a ticket will receive a video recording of the show when it ends. I like to think I'm kinda responsible for this because when the show was announced, they didn't mention any corona measures and I posted on the event page asking about that stuff and also the possibility of them streaming the show or putting up for purchase later. After all, I want to support them and see the show even if I'd decide I wouldn't be going, which is likely because I have little interest in catching the virus and a wrestling crowd is going to shout and chant which'll make me at the very least uncomfortable to be there right now - not something I want from what's supposed to be a fun event. The virus situation here is pretty well under control but this is the hotspot in this country and I'm still going to be avoiding events bigger than like a dozen-ish people for a good while.

It's probably just going to be a hard cam recording but I'm v. cool with paying the ticket price for it.

I'm still 50/50 if I'm going. It's a shame they couldn't find an outdoors venue (and since it's September, the evenings are starting to get a bit chilly for wrestling shows) but I'm assuming they'll be able to keep people socially distanced with so many of the "core fanbase" opting to stay home with no chance for sell out level numbers.

But hey, we'll be (probably/maybe/hopefully) getting commentary with that VOD! But since it's probably a live edit, I'm expecting at least some technical difficulties #teknisetongelmat

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
So, that FCF show happened and we even got the VOD in a relatively short time! Awesome main event with a fair dose of overbooking. On the whole, the show was good, but felt extremely packed with swerves and storyline progression that felt like catching up for lost time.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finally watching that VOD and wow I didn’t expect them go all out on like this! Shot and edited well and with commentary and everything. Will buy a ticket to the next one too regardless of whether I actually attend the show live if this is the quality we can expect.

Some of the booking seems really quite questionable from what I’ve heard but maybe part of that can be attributed to them trying to make up for lost time.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

does anyone know what happened to Great Bear Promotions? It looks like they had a fine little run for a while with people who are now huge but they suddenly just disappeared?

I remember seeing a match between Chris Brookes and Zack Sabre Jr from 2014 on youtube that I can't track down anymore.

...hopefully they didn't close shop because the owner was a sex pest or something?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If you want to watch Finnish wrestling that’s just about to happen in Estonia? You can tune in right now here https://tv.delfi.ee/live/

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If anyone's interested, Charles Crowley just dropped a half hour cinematic wrestling event called "You Are Cordially Invited" featuring a selection of the funnier more esoteric parts of the BritWres scene (Session Moth, Mad Kurt, Cara Noir, Kanji, Big T, Kid Lykos II, Candy Floss, Gene Munny, etc). It's very well produced, actually funny, and has a really good third act twist along with a special guest after the credits. If you like cinematic matches, it's pretty great.

https://youtu.be/M_m1TAgds9A

https://www.youarecordiallyinvited.co.uk/

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lamuella posted:

If anyone's interested, Charles Crowley just dropped a half hour cinematic wrestling event called "You Are Cordially Invited" featuring a selection of the funnier more esoteric parts of the BritWres scene (Session Moth, Mad Kurt, Cara Noir, Kanji, Big T, Kid Lykos II, Candy Floss, Gene Munny, etc). It's very well produced, actually funny, and has a really good third act twist along with a special guest after the credits. If you like cinematic matches, it's pretty great.

https://youtu.be/M_m1TAgds9A

https://www.youarecordiallyinvited.co.uk/

After a particularly miserable year for BritWres, this was a really nice way to showcase a lot of the next generation.

Dan Moloney Dominatoring Mad Kurt to death was really cathartic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Remember when wrestling happened in Europe? OK, technically WXW & ICW are still doing weekly shows I think but it's on the WWE Network so doesn't count.

Well, RevPro are doing a free show tonight, broadcast on Twitch & Youtube

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1358334474426195968?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Excited about Kanji getting to wrestle again. One of my favourites on the UK scene.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
BritWres is so dead that PROGRESS came back today with a show on the WWE Network and literally nobody is talking about it

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

britwres is dead? put a stake through its heart and garlic round its neck to make sure it never comes back

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Benne posted:

BritWres is so dead that PROGRESS came back today with a show on the WWE Network and literally nobody is talking about it

gently caress NXT UK Jr

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also Paul Robinson is apparently agenting the show despite being named in SpeakingOut. gently caress these people.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Considering that the current Progress champion (Cara Noir) has been quite vocal in his support of Speaking Out, I wonder how this is going to work out.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Benne posted:

But people on twitter assured me that Britwres was not dead because Malcom McDonald and WarDonkey from Rutland Pro Wrestling were ready to save it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i still follow progress on twitter for some reason and most of the replies were people asking if paul robinson was still employed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

Also Paul Robinson is apparently agenting the show despite being named in SpeakingOut. gently caress these people.

I don’t remember him coming up, but I’m unsurprised because his aggro little man gimmick has always seemed more like a genuine case of little man syndrome.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I enjoyed the show, the production wasn't up to the standard they used to do so I assume they're still getting used to a mostly new crew

I'm going to take Millie's judgement of the company over randoms on twitter. She has zero reason to wrestle for them if she's not entirely comfortable with the setup there

It was good seeing them all wrestle again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

I enjoyed the show, the production wasn't up to the standard they used to do so I assume they're still getting used to a mostly new crew

I'm going to take Millie's judgement of the company over randoms on twitter. She has zero reason to wrestle for them if she's not entirely comfortable with the setup there

It was good seeing them all wrestle again

I mean if Millie McKenzie was the only victim of #speakingout then sure, but this is a real weird take since she wasn’t.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

abraham linksys posted:

i still follow progress on twitter for some reason and most of the replies were people asking if paul robinson was still employed

they also started turning off the comments on tweets lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

She was pretty central to it at the time. If her judgement of the company isn't enough, I'll take all the wrestlers for the next show over randoms on twitter too