Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

What’s the opposite of shame?

Less shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
still incredibly sad from the loss.

So many chances to put port away, or hell, just kick it safely down the line and avoid a turnover...

Oh well, this almost cheers me up
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1284762184518479872

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Fremantle really look like they're going to beat Fremantle in the Derby in the last quarter

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Spedman posted:

I thought there was a bunch of St Killda fans on here that did still like him

Eh, it was more just when asked about comparisons he wasnt exactly kind to his old club is all. Not that we were playing that well the last couple of years to really make a decent counterpoint but it still is a bit meh to hear.

Like Peripherary said, we aint exactly missing him at the moment and his form is kind of par for the course from the last couple of years.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

snaeksikn posted:

Fremantle really look like they're going to beat Fremantle in the Derby in the last quarter

I stopped watching 5 min into the third quarter, I could see where it was going.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shane Tuck died, he was only 38. Family asking for privacy. Call lifeline.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eddie Betts still kicking goals

bit of a slow start to the game tonight too

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

bit of a slow start to the game tonight too

We're looking pretty nervy, lucky Adelaide aren't capitalising.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
That Tex free was the an all time poo poo call

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

That Tex free was the an all time poo poo call

Gotta keep the locals happy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Crouch brothers are the most selfish players in the league

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also the saints dosed up on angry pills before the game, every contest is nothing but cheap shots and unnecessary dumps

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Max King!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Gee it'd be nice if they paid HTB both ways.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gonna guess NTRabbit just hit the roof over that Hill no-call

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
On ya Dougal!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

harperdc posted:

gonna guess NTRabbit just hit the roof over that Hill no-call

He still has the ball, waiting for the whistle any time now

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

NTRabbit posted:

He still has the ball, waiting for the whistle any time now

They used the whistle up gifting the previous goal

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A five foot five sack of poo poo just collapsed in front of the saints goal, quality flop

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

A five foot five sack of poo poo just collapsed in front of the saints goal, quality flop

Should have tackled properly.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Umpires and giving Adelaide HTB frees in front of goal at home. Name a more iconic pair.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

monolithburger posted:

Umpires and giving Adelaide HTB frees in front of goal at home. Name a more iconic pair.

That was pretty blatant. He made zero attempt to get it out.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

lol

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

NTRabbit posted:

Shane Tuck died, he was only 38. Family asking for privacy. Call lifeline.

Just saw this, gutted. Call lifeline for sure.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Dougal Howard is a good football man with a good football name

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

Dougal Howard is a good football man with a good football name

Dougal did nothing wrong all night :colbert:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

monolithburger posted:

Dougal did nothing wrong all night :colbert:

I'd love to hear what he said to the umpire. Hopefully something about them being a pack of dirty cheating bastards who are on the take.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know what he was complaining about seeing as he pretty clearly chopped McAdam's right arm

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
a football gif

https://i.imgur.com/p4w5Fl0.mp4

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hooray Crows still the undisputed worst and justifying my steadfast refusal to watch a single game of 'Ronaball

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Don't worry. It is a short season so you don't need to see 20 losses in a single season

Trust me...

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't need to see any because I'm not going to watch them!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

What with the WCE dude at the end coming in the try flatten the Freo dude for no reason?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

What with the WCE dude at the end coming in the try flatten the Freo dude for no reason?

Just rubbing a bit of salt into the wounds

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

thepokey posted:

literally nothing like a football player for coming in at the very end of a contest and flattening someone for a perceived slight

it's a dog act, but everyone does it

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's a strange feeling watching my team mount a minor challenge, and be within range of winning in the fourth quarter, and literally sitting there thinking "I kinda hope we don't win it though." It would be just like the Crows to undeservedly win a match against a bog average side and then claim "everything is finally turning around!"

At this stage, there can be no doubt of how utterly terrible we are. If wholesale changes still aren't made after this year, we might as well just shut the club down altogether.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

It's a strange feeling watching my team mount a minor challenge, and be within range of winning in the fourth quarter, and literally sitting there thinking "I kinda hope we don't win it though." It would be just like the Crows to undeservedly win a match against a bog average side and then claim "everything is finally turning around!"

At this stage, there can be no doubt of how utterly terrible we are. If wholesale changes still aren't made after this year, we might as well just shut the club down altogether.

Do you reckon Sloane actually believes it when he said that camp made him a better person or is it just him being a responsible leader and trying to avert some of the damage to the club?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
With Sloane, I believe it. He's the kind of guy who can find a positive in anything.

I'm sure he also understands that the majority of his teammates did not have anything close to a positive experience.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I find it funny that a lot of Adelaide fans are this much doom and gloom. Not to say they aren’t deplorable right now - of course they are. But this so far is really Adelaides first *really* bad year. They’ve never really truly bottomed out before. Plenty of other clubs have been through long lovely slogs at the bottom for various reasons. I’m sure Adelaide will sort their poo poo out whether it’s in a year or two or three and bounce back.

That being said, I honestly reckon there’s a better than good chance they beat us this weekend. We are just the sort of team that will let Adelaide get their first win of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

I find it funny that a lot of Adelaide fans are this much doom and gloom. Not to say they aren’t deplorable right now - of course they are. But this so far is really Adelaides first *really* bad year. They’ve never really truly bottomed out before. Plenty of other clubs have been through long lovely slogs at the bottom for various reasons. I’m sure Adelaide will sort their poo poo out whether it’s in a year or two or three and bounce back.

That being said, I honestly reckon there’s a better than good chance they beat us this weekend. We are just the sort of team that will let Adelaide get their first win of the season.

It's Adelaide, of course they're miserable. Aside from the footy what else do the poor fuckers have to do? Go to church?