Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Somberbrero posted:

In that situation it would only have triggered votes if spokes and I were both scum or if Roy was lurking.

I think you’re missing the point of why he did it: it’s to make me look like I’m scum, because if I were town, I would have been executed and the game would be over. It’s dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Just proving my theory from earlier. I won’t vote again tonight, (~8 hours) but with 4 of us here, if Sci is town then Roy has to be scum, right? Or else somber and spokes would have immediately tag teamed in to turbo Sci. I’m just trying to focus attention on Roy/Sci and prevent us from struggling on spokes v somber tbh. We now confirmed that Roy or Sci is scum and both cannot be town.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

We now confirmed that Roy or Sci is scum and both cannot be town.

Or that you’re scum? This is really stupid.

Literally nothing is confirmed by your post.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And yes I know that if I’m scum the gambit falls apart. But aside from this last 10 posts I haven’t really ever been a subject on anyone’s radar as scum, my posts have all been at least attempts at pro town, I’ve scumhunted and tried to prove I had a worthless VT gag power, and I’ve done all I can to try and cement myself as town. I’m a rookie, I’m not good at 4d chess to pull off masterminding this as scum, so I feel confident that no one should add me into their equations rn. Also, the whole spokes/somber convo took up the whole day, and now, as long as y’all don’t suddenly start thinking I’m scum we know that you and Roy cannot both be town.

I did wait til you were awake at least

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Basically I tried what somber did earlier. On a second person does that give us any info at all? 4/5 people, not including Roy, did not turbo spokes. 4/5 people, again not including Roy, did not turbo Scientastic.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I picked the wrong day to fall asleep early. You guys have been busy.

I only have a few minutes this morning but here we go.....

my baby is Ike Broflovski .

Now, thinking about my flavor character name for the first time, this seems fairly problematic. Ike is referred to as a baby in earlier episodes, but in reality is probably like four or five years old.

With Ike not being an official baby (despite the kick the baby bit), I realize that this is going to look suspicious, but I am sharing it with you anyways, because honesty is the best policy.

If I was scum realizing that Ike is a poor baby example, I would have thrown out another baby, like Baby Bink from "Baby's Day Out" or Maggie Simpson, or one of the baby geniuses from the baby genius films.

That being said, at this point in time I have not seen anything correlation between the flavor of baby we are, and any role that we play. (Though I guess that Sand could be the dancing baby gif from the internet?)

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Additionally...

I'm not feeling good about Sci.

Sci claims that they are vanilla town. If this was true, then why would Sci have gotten some sort of flavor post in the night phase? The only reason the game would need to report to him anything - was if he had an ability and was not able to use it.

Sci says "I am vanilla town"
Sci insists "I was role blocked"

The only way a person would know they were role blocked, was if they were blocked from doing something.

What is the incentive for being town and lying, especially at this point in the game?

Also... dumbassess…
It doesn't matter if there are only 4 people paying attention or "around". It literally only takes three people to vote a lynch. Sand and Somber have both done really stupid movies

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

Now, thinking about my flavor character name for the first time, this seems fairly problematic. Ike is referred to as a baby in earlier episodes, but in reality is probably like four or five years old.

With Ike not being an official baby (despite the kick the baby bit), I realize that this is going to look suspicious, but I am sharing it with you anyways, because honesty is the best policy.

If I was scum realizing that Ike is a poor baby example, I would have thrown out another baby, like Baby Bink from "Baby's Day Out" or Maggie Simpson, or one of the baby geniuses from the baby genius films.

That being said, at this point in time I have not seen anything correlation between the flavor of baby we are, and any role that we play. (Though I guess that Sand could be the dancing baby gif from the internet?)

I could have fake claimed Baby Groot, just to stop this line of suspicion from falling on me... and again... I'm sticking with honest. There is nothing in the flavor of the game that indicates that some babies aren't really babies …. simply that some are conspiring together for cookies.

Overall, you guys are getting me all shades of mixed up.
I don't understand what Sci's play here - but it seems he is lying about something. Either lying about getting a flavor statement back, or lying about having a power role and claiming to be blocked.

Both Somber and Sand have thrown votes down to unvote, which people really need to stop doing! If either of you are town, all it takes is the two scum votes. If you are scum, you are showing off and feel safe and secure doing it... because you can't hammer your own vote.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Finally, it is 7:44 in my time zone.

I have to go to work and figure out a plan so that the 600 people who work and attend my school don't all get corona virus. I should be back around 2:00. Please stop throwing votes down on people willy nilly. We need to collectively agree on a plan of action like rational people, or we are going to lose this due to impatience and silly 'gambles'.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Roydrowsy posted:

Not the normal way you claim flavor lol. Also there's no thematic connection there, when there was for text and boogie.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Roydrowsy posted:

Also... dumbassess…
It doesn't matter if there are only 4 people paying attention or "around". It literally only takes three people to vote a lynch. Sand and Somber have both done really stupid movies

Yeah, remember earlier when I hammered the doctor eight hours before deadline without giving them time to claim? Boy, I sure am a dipshit, I gotta admit. Just a real moron.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, remember earlier when I hammered the doctor eight hours before deadline without giving them time to claim? Boy, I sure am a dipshit, I gotta admit. Just a real moron.

Ouch man...

Ouch.

....break time is over

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was trying to tease but that came off a little harsh. I don't think Roy is dumb obviously, I just think they're scum.

The Jailor claim really sticks in my throat. Normally I would assume sci was lying about getting flavor for a visit despite being vanilla, but a Town Jailor, Doctor, and Tracker seems way too strong in a 9 person game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Spokes (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Scientastic (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy

Not Voting (5): Roydrowsy, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Somberbrero, Spokes

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Ahhh I might've messed the game up

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don’t believe Roy’s claim. I was explicitly told that I was sung a lullaby and put to sleep, and I think all the other roles have had some sort of flavour element to them.

Also, it is clear that SNG and Roy have decided that they can paint me as scum for claiming VT and mischaracterising that I have claimed to have been roleblocked, and that there is a contradiction.

This is not what happened, nor what I claimed. I am VT, and I received some cute flavour to the effect that someone had visited and sung to me to put me to sleep. I didn’t think anything of it, until Roy claimed and it suddenly fit with his soft claim that he was partially clearing me.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

## Vote Roy

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If I’ve lost the game for town by doing that, I apologise, but I am happy with my pick, and if I’m wrong, good game scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm planning on voting with scientastic but I'd like to see how the other votes come down if I can.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well , chips where they may, we’ve gotten everyone’s perspectives now

##vote Scientastic

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##vote. Scientastic

See you on the other side gentlemen

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
##vote Scientastic

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

##vote. Scientastic

See you on the other side gentlemen

Mafia edit...

##vote Scientastic

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Scientastic (3): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Spokes, Roydrowsy
Roydrowsy (1): Scientastic
Spokes (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): Somberbrero

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Well , chips where they may, we’ve gotten everyone’s perspectives now

##vote Scientastic

I hope you have a horrible sinking feeling in your stomach right now

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The babies gathered around once again, someone had to go. Despite a bit of mild debate one baby in particular took it poorly.

“Shut uuuuup! It wasn’t me that smashed the stage.”

The babies looked to him, he was bigger than the rest and as a result considerably stronger. He sat down and crossed his arms.

“No! It wasn’t me and I’d NEVER do anything like that! Stop saying it!”

He began to throw toys around, blocks flying and dollhouses being smashed. James had to step in
“I’m sorry sir, but I think I have to ask you to leave...”

“No! It wasn’t meeeeeee! Leave me alone! I just want some cookies!”

He was crying now, a full on tantrum with fists pounding the ground.

“Look, if you don’t leave right now I’m going to call the cops.”

He stopped pounding the ground and looked at James. “What??”

James spoke again, “Look, you need to leave right now, and I’ve checked your application to the daycare again. It says you were born in 1996? Also, when we asked “Do you accept our use of cookies” you checked the “no” box so we couldn’t give you any regardless.”

The baby looked at James and realised there was no chance. Standing up, he left the daycare in a huff.

"Fine, I'll leave, but not because you want me too but because I want to! Nobody tells me what to do!"

Scientastic, a grown rear end man – Daycare aligned vanilla man baby has left the daycare of his own accord!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The babies went to sleep, all of them hoping that when they woke up there would be cookies. Two were scared, their innocent views shaken. Two were confident that they’d achieved their goals. Sure enough when it was time to wake up the babies were treated to more shattered toys.

The first was a pair of boxing gloves, cut to pieces. Normally not a toy for babies, he’d been training from an early age. Much like tommy pickes before, Joey looked at his favourite stuffed toy and began to hop around the daycare in a bit of a panic. James and sheila eventually had to call his mother.

“Hi, no I understand that you’re at work. Yes I know it’s the zoo. Yes I know you have to teach boxing right after, but we can’t keep him. He’s inconsolable and destroyed his gloves. I understand” James turned to Joey “I’m sorry little guy, but you’ll have to wait outside.” It suited Joey, he had some anger to work out anyway.

Sombabebrero - Joey – Daycare aligned vanilla baby kangaroo has hopped away!

Since he had arrived in the daycare he hadn’t stopped moving. Always with music playing, the rhythm never stopped. Even while sleeping his feet would be tap tap tapping to the beat. Now, as he looked upon his shattered cd player he realised something. He didn’t need the music. In his own head he could hear the beat, hear the lyrics, feel the music flow through him.

Doing a spin turn and staring down the two remaining babies he gave them a little sneer and although he was facing away from the door and appearing to walk forwards, he moved backwards out of the daycare.

Sandnavyguy - Dancing Baby – Daycare aligned vanilla internet meme baby has left the daycare to find a new beat!

James brought out the package of cookies, and though there weren’t many left, it would be enough for the babies who were left. Though both were famous in their own way, they had bonded over the experiences they shared. Dysfunctional families had pushed them together, and the skills they’d learned over the years had taught them how to get what they wanted.

One had lived in the shadow of two older siblings, surviving many an adventure with her family. Although she’d remained silent almost all her life, she had always been watching and plotting, never afraid to take advantage of a situation. Just sitting with her pacifier, she had finally helped scheme the perfect scheme.

Her partner had seen the devil himself. Never again would he be scared. His small size and abuse at the hands of his older brother and his friends had hardened him up. Much like his partner, he’d had a lot of time to think of schemes. Kick the baby, kick the baby, kick the baby. No. Don’t kick the goddamn baby.

Spokes, Maggie Simpson - Cookie Conspirator vanilla television baby and
Roydrowsy, Ike Broflovski - Cookie Conspirator Rolecop Canadian baby have gotten their cookies!

Thanks for playing!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Woof. Not a good performance for town this game. Fun game, though, thanks for running it!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry y’all. I over thought myself into a hole

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lol good game spokes. Just glad I'm not crazy.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So, did Scientastic really receive nighttime flavor as a VT for a rolecop check? That seems... somewhat strange.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sandnavyguy posted:

Sorry y’all. I over thought myself into a hole

I won't pretend I understood the vote but it happens to the best of us. Good game.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Gg scum!

IllegallySober posted:

So, did Scientastic really receive nighttime flavor as a VT for a rolecop check? That seems... somewhat strange.

That’s pretty much literally my entire false “aha!” Moment.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

sandnavyguy posted:

That’s pretty much literally my entire false “aha!” Moment.

I would have gone Roy first today for softclaiming a PR and living the night after the doctor was dunked, but I probably wouldn’t have been able to avoid dunking Sci in three-person LYLO for that claim.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

nope! and that's what drove me crazy. Because roy didn't rolecop me N2 (obviously), he checked Somber, and Somber didn't get any sort of flavor apparently. Sci got a message because Tommu did a night action, I think?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's way too weird of a detail to fake in this context.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

I miiiiiight've messed up on that one and let tommu (baby spice) sing a song to another baby because I thought it'd be fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD6ejmlpa8
Was desperately hoping the tommu flip would clear that and we could all forget it ever happened :(

I'm sorry for the confusion :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Spokes posted:

nope! and that's what drove me crazy. Because roy didn't rolecop me N2 (obviously), he checked Somber, and Somber didn't get any sort of flavor apparently. Sci got a message because Tommu did a night action, I think?

Tommu was VT too though?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

y'all turboed me when i was at work smh

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

ilmucche posted:

I miiiiiight've messed up on that one and let tommu (baby spice) sing a song to another baby because I thought it'd be fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD6ejmlpa8
Was desperately hoping the tommu flip would clear that and we could all forget it ever happened :(

I'm sorry for the confusion :(

Ohhhhh, okay. Yeah, that probably should have been indicated in Tommu’s flip at least then. Flipping Tommu as VT makes that real hard to follow. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Lol good game spokes. Just glad I'm not crazy.

yeah, you absolutely had the read. good game everybody