Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My posts this game have been remarkably short by my standards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dead Cow (2): Power of Pecota, CapnAndy
CapnAndy (1): cheese sandwich
Mr. Humalong (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (6): Dead Cow, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Spoonsy, yuming

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 20th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anyone not chimed in yet? Anyone want to gush?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Anyone not chimed in yet? Anyone want to gush?
I'm thinking about it. Why, you got something interesting?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I haven't really had time to think about the game overly much today. Andy, do you think your plan is still worthwhile? I can help execute it in the morning, or at least I can if I think it over some more and don't catch anything that would turn it from my current analysis of "probably a bad idea" to "definitely a bad idea".

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
If I still had my gush, I'd gush along this morning, but I think the gushing needs to resume. I suppose there was a reason Cena wanted to keep newbies out of this one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Obviously there will be more gushing but I don’t know if Andy’s plan makes sense at this point unless we really believe yuming and cow are scum and some other scum is lying about having a vig and I’m don’t think that’s very likely

I’m debating who I’d like to gush ATM

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning :sun:

I am finishing up rereading.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
In a 13 player game with a SK is 2 or 3 scum more likely? Hmm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Retro Futurist posted:

I got some theories now and I want to see a gushed player flip. We should kill either cheese or humalong today, but just one
I am less sold on cheese being scum after EOD yesterday. Particularly the "I did RNG but thought against it" doesn't feel like scum-planning.

re: Opop as the NK. I think Opop got killed either (1) at random ~WIFOM~ or (2) because of his mod/wacky setup experience.

For option 2, I think someone like Andy would be motivated to kill Opop.

PS National Ice Cream Day update: I got all three special flavors from our local shop and so far they are delicious! Haven't tried peach yet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yuming posted:

In a 13 player game with a SK is 2 or 3 scum more likely? Hmm.

Idk if we can even guess at this in a game with multiple day vigs.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I'm thinking about it. Why, you got something interesting?

No, beyond that you’re (probably) scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea I go by the 25% rule but I am have modded like two games so I always second guess how many I think there might be.

In this case I think we consider two but leave 3 as a possibility? 3 with SK is a lot of death.

But if there's only two and DC is one scum did NOT know about the crazy setup which makes Dead Cow look potentially worse in that scenario.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

No, beyond that you’re (probably) scum.
I was just going to vote here.

##vote CapnAndy

Because of his treatment of me. He is just blanket calling me scum for my role with no analysis of my play.

He wants to run his plan because it will net scum a win.

He talks town into killing the non-vigs, next scum shoot off their kills first and town has little chance of victory.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: Dead Cow I'm still on the fence about.

She doesn't fit well with Andy being scum. I can see it more for the "gotcha" on Hum and if there are only two scum but I'm not sold.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

Also with all these flips, it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)

##vote DC but yuming's fine too, or we could just shoot 'em and see if the game ends
Case in point this is some flat rear end reasoning here.

9 players. 7 town 2 scum: kill me, kill Dead Cow both town flips = 5 town 2 scum / NK = 2 scum 4 town scum both shoot at daystart and win?

9 players 6 town 3 scum: kill me kill Dead Cow both town flips = 4 town 3 scum / NK = scum win (?) they need to shoot a town first possibly
There are some setup caveats of scum needing to be around at daystart so town don't kill them first but Cena has given pretty exact times so coordination will be possible for scum. If they're available.

So my question: Andy, besides my role, why am I scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also of note, Andy has not initiated his plan. He could start it off by shooting Dead Cow already.

However, as scum Andy would have motivation to try and convince town to do the kill and since there is ample suspicion he waits.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

I haven't really had time to think about the game overly much today. Andy, do you think your plan is still worthwhile?
No, sadly. Two possibilities:

1) Yuming and DC are the scum, in which case, we don't need the dang plan
2) They're not, in which case some townies can't shoot after all and the plan doesn't work

We could run a modified version on everyone else just to see if we could catch anyone lying about having a vig, but Steak's flip means at least one scum wouldn't have had to lie about that. I still don't think mafia should have one, as it'd be overpowered, but at this point this is a really low probability plan.

yuming posted:

Also of note, Andy has not initiated his plan. He could start it off by shooting Dead Cow already.

However, as scum Andy would have motivation to try and convince town to do the kill and since there is ample suspicion he waits.
Andy has not initiated his plan because it requires cooperation and he wouldn't have done it if it wasn't the will of the town, but yeah, how dare I get the flavor I got and also try to reason things out and convince the town a certain path of action is correct in a game of mafia, I'm the scum here.

Look, I was gonna respond to your other post with a detailed case of why you're the scum, but at this point it honestly seems like you'd prefer to just get shot?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seriously, let me know, effortposts take effort and shooting is real easy

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

Look, I was gonna respond to your other post with a detailed case of why you're the scum, but at this point it honestly seems like you'd prefer to just get shot?
What makes you say this?

(This is a super scummy thing to say.)

Andy is operating from a 100% yuming is scum perspective but he hasn't laid out the reasoning. That kind of flat POV is scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am going for a run now. If Andy shoots me remember my case and STAY TUNED for my exciting vanilla town flip.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

What makes you say this?

Andy is operating from a 100% yuming is scum perspective but he hasn't laid out the reasoning. That kind of flat POV is scummy.
Because you're the one complaining that I haven't done my plan yet, which involved shooting people and reacting to anyone being unable to shoot with an immediate execution, as though careful consideration of possible negative consequences and wanting the consent of the town are scummy. The plan says you die and you're goading me for not doing it yet.

Yuming is operating from a 100% Andy is scum perspective but she hasn't even bothered to read the plan I put forth, or likely any of my posts. That sort of indifference is scummy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm not going anywhere. Yuming, whenever you get back, tell me if you want to be cased or shot, it's totally your call. I'm a helper.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I already said make a case, geez!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I already said make a case, geez!
You also said I'm scum if I don't do the plan, and the plan says you die, which is why I'm asking you to make up your mind!

Once again I ask that if you're gonna call me scum you at least do me the bare minimum of bothering to read my posts first.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I've just realized something - this specific game is the embodiment of my favorite Spider-Man panel.

We don't want to case people, we want to use the giant number of vig's we have to Gush All Over The Place

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

You also said I'm scum if I don't do the plan, and the plan says you die, which is why I'm asking you to make up your mind!

Once again I ask that if you're gonna call me scum you at least do me the bare minimum of bothering to read my posts first.
No, I didn't. I said it adds to my suspicion of you that you haven't shot Dead Cow because it fits with a scum POV to wait for someone else to take the shot.

I've also mentioned I can't decide on Dead Cow but that if she's scum it doesn't fit that you are.

I think Andy's tone here is different from frustrated-Town-Andy I have seen in previous games.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Spoonsy posted:

We don't want to case people, we want to use the giant number of vig's we have to Gush All Over The Place
Which is what makes my role (usually one of my favs!) so frustrating!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I think Andy's tone here is different from frustrated-Town-Andy I have seen in previous games.
Yeah. This one's got a gun. If it comes down to it, I don't have to convince anyone of anything.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
yuming, just so I'm clear,

yuming posted:

I am going for a run now. If Andy shoots me remember my case and STAY TUNED for my exciting vanilla town flip.

this is you 100% claiming vanilla town? because if so, you dying is probably better for us than DC dying. DC's confirmed as a rolecop, and scum or not that gives us some kind of information. I'm leaning more towards aggressive town who misunderstood their results than scum on DC, IMO. Of course, they can both die today (and it's sounding likely), but if one has to go it's probably you.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

yuming, just so I'm clear,

this is you 100% claiming vanilla town? because if so, you dying is probably better for us than DC dying. DC's confirmed as a rolecop, and scum or not that gives us some kind of information. I'm leaning more towards aggressive town who misunderstood their results than scum on DC, IMO. Of course, they can both die today (and it's sounding likely), but if one has to go it's probably you.

Actually, if one has to go.............it's you!

and this is where I would shoot if I hadn't already shot.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Agree

If I hadn’t gushed already I’d be pointed at andy or epsilon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will say that last post of epsilon’s is pretty terrible so we are in agreement

I think yuming looks pretty good here, and I think Andy is skewing her points in a scummy way

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Spoonsy posted:

I've just realized something - this specific game is the embodiment of my favorite Spider-Man panel.

Lmfao I’m saving this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

Agree

If I hadn’t gushed already I’d be pointed at andy or epsilon

Hey! Glad we are all in alignment here, that makes me feel pretty good

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sup Hal you aren’t scum are you?

Idk if I see value in gushing yuming yet, I like her more today and her frustration at feeling neutered without a vig feels legit. I don’t think I believe she’ll flip vt though

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Fwiw I am instantly suspicious of anyone that claims to have a vig but is trying to push/egg others on to use theirs

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

From what I have read of yuming I have no reason to believe she is scum and if she is VT I’m pretty sure the mod made a VT for this exact reason

Also feel good about Hal and Cheese

DC I’m neutral on today

Don’t feel great about Andy or Epsilon

Who am I missing? If I didn’t name them I’m neutral on them

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Spoonsy and Pecota. Yeah Idk about those two.

##vote Andy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

CapnAndy (3): cheese sandwich, yuming, Mr. Humalong
Dead Cow (2): Power of Pecota, CapnAndy
Mr. Humalong (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (4): Dead Cow, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Spoonsy

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 20th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 26 minutes.