Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Department of Homeland Security retweeting noted wormbrained journalist wannabe and milkshake aneurism-haver Andy Ngô. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Where can I get some of the drugs Homeland Ken is on? I want to trip into his alternate reality. It sounds awesome.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mak0rz posted:

Department of Homeland Security retweeting noted wormbrained journalist wannabe and milkshake aneurism-haver Andy Ngô. Cool.

Don't forget alt-right hitlist compiler.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

There haven’t been any controlled studies on the efficacy of parachutes.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Platystemon posted:

There haven’t been any controlled studies on the efficacy of parachutes.

There's one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Holy poo poo that is a pro click.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

For background, there was a noticeable uptick in missing children when the lockdown started, so human trafficking has been on people's minds.

This guy is running for mayor of my county(yes Hawai'i has mayors for counties, don't ask)

He blocked off all the exits to a Home Depot parking lot because his girlfriend(24 to his 38) found a zip tie on the handle of her car door. The part that brings this into IOSM territory is the fact that he posted a video about it, day of, to his campaign's instagram page.

God drat I need to laugh about this. Is there a Kama'aina Goons thread anywhere?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:five:

"participants included in the study were on aircraft at significantly lower altitude (mean of 0.6 m for participants v mean of 9146 m for non-participants; P<0.001) and lower velocity (mean of 0 km/h v mean of 800 km/h; P<0.001)."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I left my country's biggest country specific message board because they were so shamefuly laisse faire about shitloads of far right bullshit. It was loving embarrassing it was so blatant and obvious. Total Truth is in the Middle mealymouthedness about out obvious rubbish.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/EricRWeinstein/status/1285251849436532736

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

... yeah, I look at the two contestants for President, and it's definitely Biden's state of cognition that worries me.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1285273516833558530

Ted Cruz: Did you know people want me to stop being in government, what is wrong with these people?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
whether or not biden has dementia, or trump has dementia, is not important. we've had presidents with dementia before

the problem is that trump is an unchecked narcissist and so the criteria on which he delegates authority in his government create a dysfunctional and ineffective executive. there is no reason to expect biden to do the same

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they both have dementia so that’s a wash but do they believe real leftists like the American police?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
But which one can identify an elephant AND brag about it in the same interview they refuse to agree they will abdicate power if voted out?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1285273516833558530

Ted Cruz: Did you know people want me to stop being in government, what is wrong with these people?

"More people participating in the political process is BAD and SCARY!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"More people participating in the political process is BAD and SCARY!"

to Republicans, absolutely

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

so is "pride shouldn't be for minors or for anyone who doesn't consent to random public sex" the hill we're dying on then

are you a complete idiot, or can you conceive of a position that consists of "public sex is wrong due to its consent violations, but bragging about how you're going to call the cops, all of whom (you acknowledge) are bastards, on queer people also sucks"?

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

El Fideo posted:

God drat I need to laugh about this. Is there a Kama'aina Goons thread anywhere?
I mean, technically? Found it when I moved here but lol

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Good news re: IOSM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/us/st-louis-couple-weapons-protesters-charges/index.html

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well the state attorney said she would rather they just take a class and the governor said he would pardon them if they were convicted, so not really

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bigots_owned/status/1284541776536240128?s=19

I think I have an idea of why.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules.

I''m not the only person who reported it then. Good.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Thunderfurybird/status/1285345751187496962

it's still real to me dammit

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those unaware, WWE did a match where you win by removing the opponents eyeball. Even in the storied history of wrestling, it’s one of the most ludicrous stipulations ever but had the potential to be fun as they’re pretaping everything currently.

In reality, Rey Mysterio held a ping pong ball painted red next to his mask.

https://twitter.com/justinlydard/status/1285010428033142786?s=21

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

InediblePenguin posted:

are you a complete idiot, or can you conceive of a position that consists of "public sex is wrong due to its consent violations, but bragging about how you're going to call the cops, all of whom (you acknowledge) are bastards, on queer people also sucks"?

Agreed, but what is the alternative solution?

I'm not being snarky here, I'm legit curious (mainly because I've recently had super lovely POC neighbors who regularly fight, drag race through the neighborhood, let their large, aggressive dogs run free, and are hostile when personally approached about resolving these issues, but I don't want to call the cops on them because none of those things warrants an execution-by-cop).

Castaign has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Jul 21, 2020

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
it would be nice to have a non-murderous police for that kind of thing, yes

we don't have that right now tho

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

it would be nice to have a non-murderous police for that kind of thing, yes

we don't have that right now tho

That succinctly restates the problem, but what is the solution?

I guess if it happens again I could be the IoSM, name and shame them on Nextdoor, and subsequently make my own guest appearance here in the thread.

Also (and I apologise for the derail) what the gently caress is your terrifying avatar from?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Man it must have sucked before we invented SWAT teams. What other possible way could someone tell lovely neighbours to knock it off?

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Man it must have sucked before we invented SWAT teams. What other possible way could someone tell lovely neighbours to knock it off?

quote:

"and are hostile when personally approached about resolving these issues"

It's okay man, I know my post was pretty long.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Castaign posted:

It's okay man, I know my post was pretty long.

Sorry I wasn't specifically referring to your post, just to the poo poo state of things.

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sorry I wasn't specifically referring to your post, just to the poo poo state of things.

Apologies here as well; the current poo poo state of things has me far more irritable and impatient than I should be.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/tomcottonar/status/1285378211438891008

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1284750813366071297?s=21

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1285344607232946176?s=21

Jenny is not the idiot.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Castaign posted:

That succinctly restates the problem, but what is the solution?

I guess if it happens again I could be the IoSM, name and shame them on Nextdoor, and subsequently make my own guest appearance here in the thread.

Also (and I apologise for the derail) what the gently caress is your terrifying avatar from?

It's one of the creature props from the film The Mist. Jagchosis got it for me because i like spiders and horror and reregged on SA because lowtax closed the lp subforum back in february

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

InediblePenguin posted:

yes, but apparently tintower can't, seeing how they didn't actually say that first part and so it's unreasonable to act like it's obvious they actually believe it. I'm not gonna spend my time bending myself into a pretzel to believe that actually, all internet strangers have the cool and good opinions if I just ~*believe*~, if you don't want to be misrepresented, communicate better

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Castaign posted:

Agreed, but what is the alternative solution?

direct community action. for example, if you find some people having sex in public and you find this objectionable, you could loudly give them pointers and criticize their technique so that they do not further embarass themselves in the future by having such awful sex where people who have better sex can witness

the historical joke here is that, while tom "i eat birthday cake every day" cotton is not necessarily wrong about the relation of state politics vs. federal politics, he commits two fundamental errors:

-protesters are not equatable to state-endorsed militia, nor is protesting equatable to armed popular rebellion on the scale of a legitimate internal security threat
-fort sumter famously did not fire a shot in self defense, but instead the garrison sheltered to prevent loss of life. this is not at all what fed cops are doing in portland

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 06:33 on Jul 21, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's okay, these people only know how to lie and make bad faith analogies.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1285259231625699328

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

yes, but apparently tintower can't, seeing how they didn't actually say that first part and so it's unreasonable to act like it's obvious they actually believe it. I'm not gonna spend my time bending myself into a pretzel to believe that actually, all internet strangers have the cool and good opinions if I just ~*believe*~, if you don't want to be misrepresented, communicate better

the answer is yes, you are a complete idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's okay, these people only know how to lie and make bad faith analogies.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1285259231625699328

Trump supporters are a race now?