Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Calaveron posted:

No way was that angel Whis. It had to be what’s his face abusing his powers at great personal risk

Nah Meerus talks like a normal person and was wearing different clothes on like the next page. He might've clothesbeamed himself but I think the "god of earth" line was Whis' justification for interfering since he can say helping him fell within his job description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

merus has a staff and gave goku new clothes in a snap so it's probably just him

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope Dende punches a hole into the evil goat man

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God, Moro went from an interesting new villain to "Cell but with horns now" so fast it hurts. I mean, even if he's copying everyone in new alien ways instead of mad science, we're still playing all the hits like copying all the Z fighters' moves and using them against them, using Piccolo's regeneration way more effectively than Piccolo's ever shown it to be, threatening to destroy the world after he kills everyone, beating the ever loving poo poo out of Vegeta...

The only thing different this time is that Vegeta only accidentally helped Moro achieve his pretty new face unlike when he let Cell go perfect on purpose. Can't wait for him to poo poo out a few Moro Jrs for everyone to fight while Merus takes the main stage next time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope Dende punches a hole into the evil goat man

I will accept any end that isn't Goku achieving MUI or some other new bullshit form to deliver the kill, so this would be very good.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 21, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TwoPair posted:

The only thing different this time is that Vegeta only accidentally helped Moro achieve his pretty new face unlike when he let Cell go perfect on purpose. Can't wait for him to poo poo out a few Moro Jrs for everyone to fight while Merus takes the main stage next time.

Technically, the prisoners were the Moro Jrs.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Reading this chapter, I think that at the end, I appreciate the idea of Moro more than the execution. Like, a villain that hard counters your heroes can be great if done right (and honestly, an enemy that didn't play by the rules was desperately needed in Dragon Ball) if it forces your heroes to reevaluate how to deal with the threat. But if your heroes go on that journey and succeed, you shouldn't then reward the villain with even more of a hard counter to everything that your heroes just did. It just removes any satisfaction out of the journey, and it's a disservice to not just the heroes, but the villain as well. Moro went from being an interesting threat to Just Another Cell, and I'm probably going to forget about him in a year or two.

That said, I do like that they tried, and I hope that in the next arc, we get a villain that also plays with the rules of the DB universe a bit differently.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i feel like this arc was just Dragon Ball Z Victory Lap, complete with a trip to namek. moro's intentionally cell, but he's also intentionally buu and intentionally freeza and intentionally vegeta and intentionally king piccolo

so before this ends we need goku to die at least once and then get better, and gohan to look like he's going to win and then disappoint everyone

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

moro has made me retroactively like jiren more

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

and i already liked him because of the final super ep

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe 7-3 even defeated Yusuke. He's not even in this series!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if that angel dude was the father guy because a genocidal galactic conqueror who already overpowered the secret forbidden technique of the angels should probably be put down

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Nah Meerus talks like a normal person and was wearing different clothes on like the next page. He might've clothesbeamed himself but I think the "god of earth" line was Whis' justification for interfering since he can say helping him fell within his job description.

Whis and Merus have different designs on their angel robes(Whis has 3 diamonds, Merus has a rectangle), so the one shown opening the barrier was definitely Merus.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

The new ssj4 form has a name:
Super Full Power Super Saiyajin 4: Limit Breakthrough (or broken).

gently caress it we can call it Super Saiyan 4 broken.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Super Saiyan Gogeta

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's only fair that the upgrade to Super Saiyan 4 has a name that's just as much of a mouthful as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Now they are truly on the same level.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“We should do a Resurrection Cell arc”
“We can’t, we already said Cell can’t be revived”
“drat, okay but what if Cell was a goat”

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Absolutely dreading the Resurrection of 'B' arc

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Resurrection of Bills????

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd be all in for a Beerus is relevant again arc tbh

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Resurrection of Bacterian

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Absolutely dreading the Resurrection of 'B' arc

it's gonna be lit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

resurrection of botamo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It will be the return of Bergamo the Crusher.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

resurrection bjanemba

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You can't resurrect Buu when he's not dead!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How many more chapters you think this Moro arc is gonna last? I think we're at Endgame right now, I give it three or four more till they wrap things up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still say the next big villain should be evil Bulma from universe 6 Earth

Who'd basically be Lex Luthor

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Parrotine posted:

How many more chapters you think this Moro arc is gonna last? I think we're at Endgame right now, I give it three or four more till they wrap things up.
Yeah around that

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Ghost Leviathan posted:

needs more of a menacing aura but it's a start

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

When did Bulma achieve Calvo?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

When did Bulma achieve Calvo?

Off-screen, just like her hubby does it.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I like it. Hell, she could reasonably have developed some sort of Saiyan kryptonite.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

It just dawned on me that DB earth is a dark as gently caress place.
I mean, CapsuleCorp is the single biggest company on earth due to a monopoly on capsules. Their only competitor was the loving Red Ribbon Army, a mercenary group!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

wrong, DB earth is a paradise that must pay for its peace with the occasional universe-destroying threat

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
DB earth is a paradise cause Goku spent his youth murdering anyone willing to start some poo poo. Sooner or later he’ll do the same with the universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

I like it. Hell, she could reasonably have developed some sort of Saiyan kryptonite.

Saiyan kryptonite is clearly established as a loving marriage. Vegeta is powerless when Bulma demands he do stuff. And just like Superman must escape kryptonite, Goku tries to escape Chichi to go train constantly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

DB earth is a paradise cause Goku spent his youth murdering anyone willing to start some poo poo. Sooner or later he’ll do the same with the universe.

I doubt it. Maybe years ago, but now he seems perfectly fine with letting Freeza do as he pleases so long as he doesn't gently caress with the Earth specifically.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Saiyan kryptonite is clearly established as a loving marriage. Vegeta is powerless when Bulma demands he do stuff. And just like Superman must escape kryptonite, Goku tries to escape Chichi to go train constantly.

False Vegeta and Bulma clearly love one another it's just that Bulma is pretty cool with loving off with her own inventions so that Vegeta can train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Having evil Lex Bulma is another idea GT messed up.

Gero is really Gokus Lex, though.