Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Kojiro posted:

When we saw that bit one of our friends laughed so hard I got genuinely concerned for his safety, I think Ice Cream Bunny laugh might in fact be that one joke that kills people

That laugh (and the increasingly graphic noises from the FatMan in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank) are two riffs that leave me, every time, genuinely panicked that I won't be able to draw another breath, from laughing. Mr Boods has remarked that he's so rarely ever heard me laugh, that he likes to revisit these two films just to get me going.

[runner up: 'The answer my friend, is blow it out your arse' somehow never fails to catch me off guard and laugh, as well, but it's nowhere near the catastrophic effect of those other two]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:siren:NEW RELEASE:siren:

https://www.rifftrax.com/light-blast

quote:

Scoreboards: usually all they do is let you know who is currently humiliating the Mets. But terrorists have harnessed the latent evilness of the humble scoreboard and are now using them to LIGHT BLAST people!!!

Light Blasting, as we all know since it’s a totally real thing, involves melting someone’s face using budget special FX. Think the Nazis from Raiders of the Lost Ark if they were all played by claymation icon Mr. Bill. It’s cool though, because the filmmakers clearly used all of the FX budget on the bonkers stunts in this movie. They’re honestly as impressive as anything we’ve done in a RiffTrax movie, even if most of the money probably went to a legal fund for stuntmen widows.

Starring Erik Estrada and directed by the guy who gave us Warriors of the Wasteland and 1990: The Bronx Warriors, Light Blast is an 80s fever dream of explosions, car chases, and of course, Light Blasting. Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill and whatever you do: watch out for scoreboards!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
meanwhile whizzo-dog flawlessly plays a segovia piece while his guitar instructor sheds a single tear...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have watched 10 minutes of Light Blast and it rules.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big laugh at the Johnny Longbow riff.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Ms Boods posted:

That laugh (and the increasingly graphic noises from the FatMan in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank) are two riffs that leave me, every time, genuinely panicked that I won't be able to draw another breath, from laughing. Mr Boods has remarked that he's so rarely ever heard me laugh, that he likes to revisit these two films just to get me going.

[runner up: 'The answer my friend, is blow it out your arse' somehow never fails to catch me off guard and laugh, as well, but it's nowhere near the catastrophic effect of those other two]

I watched Ice Cream Bunny for the umpteenth time the other day on an edible. I made it through okay. Then I watched the Visitor and the laugh showed up and caught me so off guard I was literally on all fours gasping for breath

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
The first time something was flung at Whizzo and one of the guys riffed "Resignations were rarely delivered in writing on Whizzo's set", I had to pause the video, I was laughing so hard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The first time I watched Fun in Balloonland I had to watch it again immediately afterward just to confirm I had seen what I thought I saw.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Light Blast has really good (and dangerous as hell looking) stunts. If it had just some more budget this feels like it could have been a legit film people remember fondly.

Also the REI jokes continue and somebody on that staff is a member and I will find out who.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The first time I watched Fun in Balloonland I had to watch it again immediately afterward just to confirm I had seen what I thought I saw.

I must have watched it like 3 times in a row just to bask in whatever the hell was happening in that film.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd forgotten all the delightful white rapper jokes in Cool as Ice. "Are the other people in House of Pain nice?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I'd forgotten all the delightful white rapper jokes in Cool as Ice. "Are the other people in House of Pain nice?"

"For the last time, Im not Snow"

Which also made me realize that the Snow on "Con Calma" with Daddy Yankee was the same Snow and that is a hell of a long break between hits

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lumbermouth posted:

I constantly felt that something was going to go TERRIBLY WRONG during Whizzo, which puts it about Ice Cream Bunny and Balloonland in my Most Upsetting Rifftrax ranking.

It has a real creepypasta vibe.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Light Blast hates women but I think it hates the viewer even more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Light Blast seems like it was only interested in the stunts since everything else is so lackadaisical.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

8 stuntmen were seriously injured during the filming of Light Blast due to lack of the implementation of safety regulations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

8 stuntmen were seriously injured during the filming of Light Blast due to lack of the implementation of safety regulations.

Im not totally surprised given the stunt of the guy getting hit by a car appeared to have been filmed by hitting him with a car.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We've watched it a few times because it never fails to baffle the gently caress out of Mr Boods, but I like it due to all of the 1960s-era Philadelphia stuff (since I grew up in northern Delaware, and all of the local TV was out of Philly).

overseer07 posted:

I watched Ice Cream Bunny for the umpteenth time the other day on an edible. I made it through okay. Then I watched the Visitor and the laugh showed up and caught me so off guard I was literally on all fours gasping for breath

Oh, God, yes, this.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1285254417311240193

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Kevin and Bill talk about their Stranger Things live riff to premiere this Wednesday

e: don't forget Trace and Frank are doing their online thing tomorrow!

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 20, 2020

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Heads up, the new RiffTrax short is riffed by Bridget and Mary Jo: https://www.rifftrax.com/speak-up-andrew

e:
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1285658302890860546

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 21, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ringu0 posted:

Heads up, the new RiffTrax short is riffed by Bridget and Mary Jo: https://www.rifftrax.com/speak-up-andrew

Bridget and MJ's stuff are honestly must-buys for me at this point.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

:same:

I also made a tag in Plex for them because sometimes we're just in the mood for their stuff instead of the guys.

I cannot oversell how much money I'd throw at a re-riff of the Twilight series by Bridget & Mary Jo. And to have them tackle 50 Shades.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

:same:

I also made a tag in Plex for them because sometimes we're just in the mood for their stuff instead of the guys.

I cannot oversell how much money I'd throw at a re-riff of the Twilight series by Bridget & Mary Jo. And to have them tackle 50 Shades.

If anybody gave my opinion the slightest bit of respect, I'd urge them to buy their riff of 'The Maturing Woman.' It opens with Bridget telling Mary Jo "Oh, this'll be good for you!" and just... :allears:
:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

If anybody gave my opinion the slightest bit of respect, I'd urge them to buy their riff of 'The Maturing Woman.' It opens with Bridget telling Mary Jo "Oh, this'll be good for you!" and just... :allears:
:

"The Woman in Green" opening is great. It starts with the classic mirror ball Universal logo of the 30s:

Bridget: This is my favorite logo ever!
Mary Jo: More than that one Columbia movie where the logo that came alive and started dancing?
Bridget: Oh god, I told you about that?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
they have such a comfortable, chill style, i think the best sherlock they did was “dressed to kill”

ugh, get this dead animal man off my dead animal coat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird to watch the Mads do a thing as Frank and Trace have no issues swearing, which Rifftrax/MST3K have kind of avoided.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

they have such a comfortable, chill style, i think the best sherlock they did was “dressed to kill”

ugh, get this dead animal man off my dead animal coat.

I really like the Sherlock movies because they're perfectly fine films in their own right and it helps the riffing feel a lot more good natured.

The Maturing Woman short though is a classic.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Dawgstar posted:

It's been said before, but the Teen Agers series is hilarious. They're just great on these.

Missile X is worth it for the one "Biography" Bill gets to gently whisper.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I've gone bananas for big savings!

and hopefully all this+ booze will paralyze my brain for a few days.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The site isn't allowing me to download the Glen or Glenda video. It either tells me that access is denied or "too many people have tried to download this; try again later". Anyone else running into this problem?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The site isn't allowing me to download the Glen or Glenda video. It either tells me that access is denied or "too many people have tried to download this; try again later". Anyone else running into this problem?

Same here. It also says the video will be available for 30 days, so I'll try again in a couple.

e: you can download the video from YouTube; but it's probably :filez:

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 22, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they're playing the '98" godzilla" while we wait for the "stranger things" rifftrax to begin.

you need to be on "chrome", download "scener" and log into your "netflix" account

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

they're playing the '98" godzilla" while we wait for the "stranger things" rifftrax to begin.

you need to be on "chrome", download "scener" and log into your "netflix" account

Can you stream it to Chromecast... somehow? Never used this scener thing.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ringu0 posted:

Can you stream it to Chromecast... somehow? Never used this scener thing.
i don't believe so, i'm not very good at technology though. it's a chrome extension though, so probably not

edit: HAHA! they make a "why couldn't it have been trump tower??" joke after a building blows up in the godzilla riff from 2014!

edit edit: guy just said chromecast isn't fully supported but you may be able to get around it by casting your entire desktop

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 23, 2020

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

how did you get in already? I just see a countdown

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the movie isn't playing any more but people are chatting

i just followed these instructions: https://scener.com/rifftrax

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

the movie isn't playing any more but people are chatting

i just followed these instructions: https://scener.com/rifftrax

All that's there for me now is a countdown. Did they send you a theater code?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Probably a trial run. I didn't get to see it, too

Here's hoping:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Breadallelogram posted:

All that's there for me now is a countdown. Did they send you a theater code?

the theater code is "RIFFTRAX"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

... and I just a got a JOIN button on the landing page