Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
rear end-penny u have my vote :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Did you go to a lot of illegal venues too? I used to know like four or five houses or other spaces to see live music that weren't like bars or clubs. I love house shows. I don't know if all of those houses ultimately stopped having shows or if I just don't hear about gigs at em anymore. I know Medusa (the venue I mentioned in the last post, and it was not a house so much as an abandoned mechanics garage) ended up being sold. The kids that lived there were told with some notice so they could figure out a new situation. I miss that place even if it was dirty and smelly and there was always broken glass on the ground.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

rear end-penny posted:

Did you go to a lot of illegal venues too? I used to know like four or five houses or other spaces to see live music that weren't like bars or clubs. I love house shows. I don't know if all of those houses ultimately stopped having shows or if I just don't hear about gigs at em anymore. I know Medusa (the venue I mentioned in the last post, and it was not a house so much as an abandoned mechanics garage) ended up being sold. The kids that lived there were told with some notice so they could figure out a new situation. I miss that place even if it was dirty and smelly and there was always broken glass on the ground.

house shows were the best, we had a place called The Spaghetti House that everyone played at

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Areola Grande

spaghetti houses are for husbands only :nyd:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pahilla the Hun

did you ever open your grinder upside down? oops, all kief

Escape From Noise

I only went to house shows as an adult. I still remember one I went to in Portland. Despite appearances everyone was really chill and friendly and it was a great show.

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

house shows were the best, we had a place called The Spaghetti House that everyone played at

Good name. I think the best name for a punk house I saw was gently caress Mountain. I only saw one show there, but it was great, and the show was early as advertised. I ended up talking to one of the people who lived there and it was part of the agreement with the neighbors. If music was done by 10 they wouldn't start poo poo.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I only went to house shows as an adult. I still remember one I went to in Portland. Despite appearances everyone was really chill and friendly and it was a great show.

In my experience most people who will play houses/let bands play in their houses and invite strangers are pretty chill folk. I've met some real characters. I've even been told I can live in this house for a mere 60 US dollars a month. Met a dude who gave me his bands 7" for free, I asked him what they were called, it didn't say it on the sleeve, he said "Fairy," I asked if it was spelled "Fairy" or "Færy" and he couldn't tell me.

Pahilla the Hun posted:

did you ever open your grinder upside down? oops, all kief

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

more falafel please

forums poster

other than the fact that the owner is an rear end in a top hat, my favorite bar ever is this shithole called The Mutiny and I spent like most of my 20s there

the first time I went there was within 2 weeks of turning 21, and my friend said we were gonna go to a pirate bar. I don't know why anyone would think the mutiny is a pirate bar but ok.

the mutiny would book bands most nights but they didn't (and couldn't, legally) pay them so they just got drink tickets. everyone in the band got 2 drink tickets and they were good for any drink. the mutiny was known for serving liter mugs of lovely beer, but they'd put anything you want in the liter mug, so more than once I saw guys in bands getting liter mugs of like, gin and tonic, and the bartenders didn't give a poo poo because the lovely racist owner didn't keep inventory, so if they pour an extra couple bottles of well gin than they charged for, literally no one would ever know

anyway the first time I was there I saw a band called rear end Cabbage play their final show. my favorite song of theirs was "hey Alex your loving pizza's here, get your loving pizza rear end in a top hat" which was an improvisational track

anyway after rear end Cabbage's final show, one guy left the stage and another guy got on the stage, and that was the next band. I then spent a lot of time at that stupid bar for the next ten years

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

I drink water out of the liter super mugs now because I stole several of them during one of the many times that I was afraid they were gonna close

they did eventually close because the owner was out of money (jack binion at the horseshoe Hammond has most of it) and as he says it's impossible to have a bar in chicago anymore. two of the most successful bars in the city are within literal shouting distance from his bar but he's basically "what if Donald trump didn't have money" so

they reopened as a "private club" which means they're not technically a bar and technically don't have to follow any laws for bars or other places that are open to the public. I have no idea what happened to them during covid, it's entirely possible they just never closed

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

I would definitely see a band called rear end Cabbage.

Escape From Noise

Namba Bears is my favorite local venue. They're totally cool with outside food and drinks, but if you want to buy a beverage from them they have a cooler of cans of beer and stuff.

Escape From Noise

Fist Of the North Star sweet potato shochu.

Ass-penny

I am what GRINDCORE MEGGIDO would call "wankered"

Pahilla the Hun

TRAAASHHHHHEEEEDDDD CREEEWWWW

what is up with you? drinkin? stinkin? slinkin? bobbin? weavin?

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

TRAAASHHHHHEEEEDDDD CREEEWWWW

what is up with you? drinkin? stinkin? slinkin? bobbin? weavin?

Just phone browsing the forums a bit before I go to work here. How are you today Pahilla?
Also lol Pahilla is already in my phone's predicted text.

Pahilla the Hun

rear end-penny posted:

Just phone browsing the forums a bit before I go to work here. How are you today Pahilla?
Also lol Pahilla is already in my phone's predicted text.

Hey rear end-penny, i am so honored to be in your predictive text :3: I am finishing up work, starting some dinner and getting trashed.

Work sucks but like this guy said to me at Lowe's once "Sometimes, you just gotta work hombre."

Ass-penny

A wise man once said"you've got to deal with the poo poo in order to be the poo poo."

Pahilla the Hun

rear end-penny posted:

A wise man once said"you've got to deal with the poo poo in order to be the poo poo."

this straight up reminds me of a '90s rodney mullen vhs i used to watch while getting baked

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's just about that time again!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pahilla the Hun

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's just about that time again!

:cheers: we do need a TC smilie

Areola Grande

I'm free free @ last

Pahilla the Hun

prepuce repurposed posted:

I'm free free @ last
:nice: welcome home brother

Areola Grande

I took tomorrow off from work for no particular reason

LET'S TRASH :twisted:

take the moon

by sebmojo
im trashed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Life is uncertain, so get trashed now.

BTW - My air conditioning is fixed, which means I can be both chill and trashed at the same time.

Areola Grande

:toot: :cheersbird:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
good evening trashed crew i have a question:

discord worked for me up until monday and now it's just a blank black screen. does this sound familiar to anyone here and is there a way i can fix it?

any help would be great

:ohdear:

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

Life is uncertain, so get trashed now.

BTW - My air conditioning is fixed, which means I can be both chill and trashed at the same time.

I'm glad your poo poo got fixed again. I almost had to send u this song about summertime clothes

https://youtu.be/BAyADMSppaw

Was listening to it earlier and thought about ur sitch BK

Barking Gecko

Luvcow posted:

good evening trashed crew i have a question:

discord worked for me up until monday and now it's just a blank black screen. does this sound familiar to anyone here and is there a way i can fix it?

any help would be great

:ohdear:

If your computer is running Windows and you are using the Discord app, try following the steps in this video. If method one doesn't work, try method two, which is explained toward the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUsKBdeSCQ
You might also try updating your video driver.
If you are using a Mac or a mobile device, perhaps someone else can suggest a fix.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Barking Gecko posted:

If your computer is running Windows and you are using the Discord app, try following the steps in this video. If method one doesn't work, try method two, which is explained toward the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUsKBdeSCQ
You might also try updating your video driver.
If you are using a Mac or a mobile device, perhaps someone else can suggest a fix.

i have a really old macbook but thank you so much, googling had brought me no help thus far but thank you for responding friend :gbsmith:

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

this straight up reminds me of a '90s rodney mullen vhs i used to watch while getting baked

Rodney Mullen is the poo poo. I heard it in a Professor Brothers animation circa probably 2007 or something. I was way into professor brothers.

Areola Grande

rewatching old Louis CK standup with a new dick crime perspective and loling as usual but now there's a new aftertaste and I'm left confused but satisfied?

Escape From Noise

Trashed Crew Trash Talk!
[Possibly NSFW kind of bloody cartoon with thrashcore] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emk-JA6KPwc

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Take me out: I'm trashed.

Escape From Noise

Found this lil bag if wine at the grocery store. Too ridiculous not to get.

Having a gin and soda, a new one from Suntory. It's pretty dec.

Escape From Noise

I have had some brewskies. Because I'm a fat slob

Pahilla the Hun

rear end-penny posted:

Rodney Mullen is the poo poo. I heard it in a Professor Brothers animation circa probably 2007 or something. I was way into professor brothers.

gently caress yeah professor brothers owned i totally forgot about that, thanks!

Barking Gecko

I am working from home today, and I am also trashed.
Empirical data has allowed me to determine that telecommuting and trashedness are not necessarily incompatible.

Barking Gecko

Work is over for the day.
It is time.

Time to get Trashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun

Barking Gecko posted:

Work is over for the day.