Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Since the topic of hardcore came up, I'll use it as an excuse to post my favorite beatdown nu-metalcore band ROTN, you'll either love it or hate it.

Edit: wow this vid has hella views now, and it's TYOOL 2020 and they still don't sell the ROTN snapback Vithia is wearing

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i listen to some embarrassing dogshit -core stuff but this was one of the most cringe loving things i've ever seen in my life.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ya it slaps

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I spent $300 on 2 pit tickets for Korn last year and I had a total blast I regret nothing. Korn rocks and put on an amazing live show.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Sadly waiting on my refund for Rammstein tickets at the moment, stupid rona. In the mean time, what's the most underappreciated Cannibal Corpse live song, and why is it "Vomit the Soul?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljb0sY057o

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
chris barnes rules

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that live recording rules, there's some good versions of songs on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOdtmrecyQ

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that live recording rules, there's some good versions of songs on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOdtmrecyQ

Sick. I'm stuck on the live bootlegs from the Barnes era. Stuff rules and has some surprising quality. And some not so surprising lack of quality.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Old Chris Barnes rules, his vocals were absolutely amazing on the first few Cannibal albums, especially on Tomb of the Mutilated. Shame that now he sounds like bootleg Scooby Doo.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ultraviolence123 posted:

Old Chris Barnes rules, his vocals were absolutely amazing on the first few Cannibal albums, especially on Tomb of the Mutilated. Shame that now he sounds like bootleg Scooby Doo.
lol thats pretty accurate

but i still like new cannibal corpse a lot

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
New Batushka song/single. Seems to be from Hero/Thief singer's Batushka and not Poor Victim/Liar guitarist's Batushka.

Also, new Gaerea is steaming in full:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu3WhpU5Z4

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
http://label.agoniarecords.com/index.php?a=0NhEiQBw88lAHpRQgBf4v%2BQlKt1RDrE8XYXvg9spPM3yD1aBwomj9g%3D%3D

quote:

17/Jul/2020 PROSCRIPTOR MCGOVERN'S APSU SIGNS WITH AGONIA RECORDS

Agonia Records today confirms the signing of the new, Texas-based “mythological occult metal” act Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû. The debut/self-titled album’s release date is to be announced in the latter portion of 2020.

When drummer/vocalist Proscriptor (Russ R. Givens) dissolved Absu on January 27th 2020, his main intention was to splinter the 30-year old faction into a renewed songwriting concord. Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû is the obvious by-product of that chemical breakdown and securing the ranks is continuing bassist/vocalist Ezezu and new guitar virtuoso Vaggreaz.

Proscriptor says of the resurgence: “I want people to know that I disbanded Absu to form Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû with underpinning intention, despite the inclusion of my name, as an armorial bearing to pay tribute to the former sanctuary. I do not consider myself the band’s leader, but more of an administrator. I may be an oppressive commissioner, but Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû is an equal, collective unit.”

Proscriptor continues regarding the album’s lyrical approach: “This album is written for those who are curious and unwearied in their quest of arcane knowledge. I have (with vast exertion and detriment of time and space) collected knowledge deemed, in regard to my subject theories of ‘mythological occult metal:’ from Thelemic Magick and The Zos Vel Thanatos Formula to Fractal Ontology and (obviously) Near East Mythology.”

The album is being chronicled at studios around the world with final mixing being handled in Dallas, Texas by J.T. Longoria and mastering by Karl Daniel Lidén in Sweden. The album also features guest appearances from Vorskaath (Zemial), Ross Friedman (Ross The Boss), Jeff Becerra (Possessed), Rune Eriksen (Aura Noir/Vltimas), Alex Colin-Tocquaine (Agressor) and The Dark (Agatus). To assemble the album’s packaging with ten separate portrait illustrations, the band has re-commissioned the expertise of renowned Polish artist Zbigniew Bielak.

Final track listing for “Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû” is:

I. Amenta: Accelerando: Azyn including Hierophantasmal Expounder
II. Esoterically Excoriating The Exoteric
III. Quasaric Pestilence
IV. Mirroracles
V. In-Betweeness Gateway Commuters
VI. Jupiter In Capricornus
VII. Dedicated To Thoth, But Azathoth Wasn’t Listening (A Necroloquy)
VIII. Caliginous Whorl
IX. The Coagulating Respite
X. Prana: Therion: Akasha
XI. Tantrums Of Azag-Kkû
XII. Every Watchtower Within Is The Axis Of A Watchtower Without including Totemic Thresholds

i was waiting for this album for many years then gave up after absu split up, surprised to see it finally pop up. too bad about the transphobia thing (was proscriptor implicated in this?) and also the terrible new band name

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

punished milkman posted:

http://label.agoniarecords.com/index.php?a=0NhEiQBw88lAHpRQgBf4v%2BQlKt1RDrE8XYXvg9spPM3yD1aBwomj9g%3D%3D

i was waiting for this album for many years then gave up after absu split up, surprised to see it finally pop up. too bad about the transphobia thing (was proscriptor implicated in this?) and also the terrible new band name

Proscriptor is the main force in the transphobia thing and also might be using songs that Melissa Moore wrote without her permission.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Well that sucks balls

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah prospector mcgovern fired her because he said there was no place for a woman in absu

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Absu can gently caress off forever, Melissa's writing is strong and I'm 100% sure she can form a band of non-bigots and eclipse her work in Absu

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yea I'm hoping she shows up with a new band and it loving slays.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i always thought that absu was a running joke in this thread for the past 10 years. didn't know people were actually into them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Absu kicks rear end. You can't listen to "Tara" and not like that poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

Absu kicks rear end. You can't listen to "Tara" and not like that poo poo.

Yeah they have a solid discography overall but that's the clear masterpiece.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Fenrir posted:

Yea I'm hoping she shows up with a new band and it loving slays.

Melissa Moore is in this band, looks like they were starting work on a full length late last year.

https://sonjaband.bandcamp.com/releases

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

for more context, this text was posted by Melissa

bascially proscriptor is a huge piece of poo poo lol

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
:laffo: i mean the man is consistently a baffling, embarrassing weirdo i will give him that

also abzu, which seems mostly written by melissa, absolutely shreds. such wicked guitar on that album

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

all hail the ravishing grimness of having the same standards as uptight 1980s suburban parents

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
“Did you ever think about my legacy?” is the most bizarre response possible

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Henchman of Santa posted:

“Did you ever think about my legacy?” is the most bizarre response possible

Ironically that quote will now be his legacy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Snowy posted:

Ironically that quote will now be his legacy

I keep reading it to the tune of Institutionalized

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Why do these guys always talk like loving anime nerds doing a monologue, it's embarrassing as poo poo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
friend, compatriot, i beseech thee

prithee do not engage the besotted jackals of the fourth estate with tales of our exchange

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Concatenation posted:

Why do these guys always talk like loving anime nerds doing a monologue, it's embarrassing as poo poo

not sure how to break it to you, but most full-time musicians are well, losers. line cooks, janitors, etc. are not really the bastion of intelligent thought.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Also, in a genre full of dorks, Absu were 10th level turbodorks

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Wachter posted:

Also, in a genre full of dorks, Absu were 10th level turbodorks

his patronus is Graham Linehan.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I'm just continuing to marvel at Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
wish i was better with photoshop because it's just begging for Proscriptor McGovern’s Apu

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

whatever good enough i'm calling it a day

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Ye shall not judge thee!!!

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Feast of Burden posted:

Does anyone have anything to say about the new Deathhammer album that dropped? I am extremely stoked to listen to it on the drive back home from work and gently caress that I'm diving into it now lol

not a new record, its just a reissue

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I came across this today: https://passeisme.bandcamp.com/album/austerity-parade

It's a black metal band including a member of the Russian brutal death band 7 H. Target. It's really good fast black metal that reminds me a fair bit of Suhnopfer or Cenotaphe.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

deadking posted:

I came across this today: https://passeisme.bandcamp.com/album/austerity-parade

It's a black metal band including a member of the Russian brutal death band 7 H. Target. It's really good fast black metal that reminds me a fair bit of Suhnopfer or Cenotaphe.

This is some good poo poo.

edit. Like I'm not joking, this is gonna be on my top 5 this year drat

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

New Ice War is extremely good heavy/speed metal.

https://icewar.bandcamp.com/album/defender-destroyer