Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Is there some trick to getting blue weevil beetles to spawn? I have plenty of palm trees, and given their low sell price it sounds like they should be common. But all I ever see are miyama stags and drone beetles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Redd is in town with the following!

The two paintings on the left appear to be genuine and the remaining statue thingy is a fake. Still got a few bits of stuff I don't want any more on the beach and a few recipies for the taking also. If you fancy watering my crappy rear end black and purple roses at the top of the island that would also be very kewl too, I"ll be semi AFK

Dodo Code: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=14#post506663501

Edit: have been advised the famous painting is a fake, my bad! It's still available if someone wants a fake one!

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 21, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Cicadalek posted:

Is there some trick to getting blue weevil beetles to spawn? I have plenty of palm trees, and given their low sell price it sounds like they should be common. But all I ever see are miyama stags and drone beetles.

I wonder if the spawn rate got adjusted in a recent update, because I remember seeing them a lot in the first part of the month, but I've seen pretty much none in the last week or so.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Blanche on my island has given me the DIYs for a bamboo bench and a bamboo shelf.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Any of the young-bamboo material ones were only available during that time period. I think they still make most of the ones that just take normal bamboo.

Ah ok. It looks like I did at least get all of the young spring bamboo recipes when those were available, so I guess I'm just unlucky with the villagers DIYs. Thanks!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I wonder if the spawn rate got adjusted in a recent update, because I remember seeing them a lot in the first part of the month, but I've seen pretty much none in the last week or so.

they take up a perfectly good horned hercules or giraffe stag spot far too often, in my experience

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ApostrophePolice posted:

Aw, thanks! You didn't have to. Thank you for cleaning up my trash beach!

What can I say, you have really good trash! Also, my ACNH karma is poor because I went to islands a few times before I realized that there was this whole system of etiquette I wasn't following, so now I try and always leave something.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Open for business:9R59L
Redd is here with:Fake Motherly statue/scary and wistful painting (I forget if scary is fake)
Mathilda is making rustic stone wall
Turnips:136

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Tried to pop by for the DIY, but the dodo code didn't work.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

spinst posted:

Tried to pop by for the DIY, but the dodo code didn't work.

Sorry, internet went out.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Hey all,
Opening up: 5YDRD

Knox is in boxes today. He's been my favorite villager to hate, but maybe someone else can give him a good home.

Annalisa is making a Log Chair

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 22, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

JUST TAKE THE WETSUIT OFF AUTOMATICALLY FOR ME. WHY DO I HAVE TO MANUALLY DO IT TO USE THE FITTING ROOM. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT AT ALL

Also christ the daily scallop swim is so tedious and awful. Let me swim faster gently caress

I'm doing it on two characters until I get all the DIYs, and it's pretty awful. Some days you find a scallop in 10 minutes and Pascal pops right up, other days you spend an hour looking and Pascal doesn't pop up until your 4th scallop. I'd honestly rather just have him as a visitor like Flick where I can trade sea life to him for random stuff; at least then I could farm when I just wanted to chill and stock up for the days he was in town.

Zira posted:

I wish I knew why I have such trouble finding scallops. Lately, I've been more likely to catch isopods and giant clams than a scallop.

The giant clams move way faster than scallops, so they should be easy enough to ignore.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Macaluso posted:

JUST TAKE THE WETSUIT OFF AUTOMATICALLY FOR ME. WHY DO I HAVE TO MANUALLY DO IT TO USE THE FITTING ROOM. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT AT ALL

:emptyquote:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Are meteor showers guaranteed on the first day of a new zodiac season?

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
Speaking of meteor showers my island, Discovery, currently has a big one! Celeste is trapped by the fossils and Olaf is crafting a tall lantern. Please please please take as many of the DIYs and fossils on the beach to the right of the airport as you want. I'll be open for about 2 hours. Dodo code is CLOSED. Thanks for coming everyone.

seventimessix fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 22, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

seventimessix posted:

Speaking of meteor showers my island, Discovery, currently has a big one! Celeste is trapped by the fossils and Olaf is crafting a tall lantern. Please please please take as many of the DIYs and fossils on the beach to the right of the airport as you want. I'll be open for about 2 hours. Dodo code is GF8Y0. If you happen to have a brachio torso or Triceratops torso I would greatly appreciate it, they're the last fossils I need.

Thanks buddy! I left you 99k and a present over by your red tulips!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Whose bright idea was it to make TWO bugs rare spawns from 11 pm to 8 am in a children's game???

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I was just about to catch my first motherfucking scorpion and then it... threw itself off the rock into the ocean? wtf!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
LOL. GF is freaking out cuz Judy is at the campsite.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

kid sinister posted:

Whose bright idea was it to make TWO bugs rare spawns from 11 pm to 8 am in a children's game???

When I was a kid, I had to get up at like 6 or 7 in the morning. Sometimes I'd play games for a while after getting ready, or watch shows.

Hell sometimes my brother and I would get up earlier to start the day with MechWarrior 2.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Even if I'd been allowed to play video games as a kid, there's no way I would have been allowed to TOUCH them during daylight hours. But tbh boomer parents probably had more rules about TV time and stuff ten million years ago when I was a kid.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

CJ is on my island if you are in need of copious amounts of bells or model fish! He's wandering around the rightmost corner in the fruit orchard.

Nook's is selling a board game and a rock guitar and Able's has mage robes.

Take anything you want except for the two gold roses that some wonderful goons brought me or the two purple hyacinths. I'll be semi-AFK because I'm working, but I have breaks sometime where I just sit and listen to people fight!

Dodo: closed due to my internet being a piece of fart today

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 22, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol thats the first time I've seen the connection error screen

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

track day bro! posted:

lol thats the first time I've seen the connection error screen

goddammit, I'm sorry!

If it's any consolation, villagers ask me about you almost every day...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol it's fine!

I talked to Agent S and she was like 'oh it's you again' :newlol:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Coco is in my campsite but she is not cooperating :(

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

CJ is on my island if you are in need of copious amounts of bells or model fish! He's wandering around the rightmost corner in the fruit orchard.

FYI, CJ, Label, and Flick don't deal with visitors. They will only buy bugs and make models for residents.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Prowler posted:

FYI, CJ, Label, and Flick don't deal with visitors. They will only buy bugs and make models for residents.

Oh poo poo! Well, thanks.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

yesterday for the first time I realized I forgot that one of the additional rooms of my house had some turnips (gone rotten) that I forgot to sell a few weeks ago

and nook still paid 80 bells per rotten ‘nip to take my trash!?

feels bizarre after there always being a charge to dispose of trash in the earlier games imo

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I have too many Peppy villagers, so I have amiibo'd in a Lazy (which I didn't have any of).

This means that Puddles is in boxes if anyone wants a super fun, peppy frog.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I have a legit perfect painting I can trade someone! I managed to buy a dupe of one of the two paintings in my museum. D'oh.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The daily scallop swim is just... so awful. I'm about to throw in the towel on the recipes cause the utter torturous tedium of it is absolutely killing me. I no joke no hyperbole start to doze off while doing it

Edit: um? Excuse me? I finally find a scallop and the otter didn't show up? This is absolutely 100% my first scallop of the day. Excuse me??? Excuse meeeeeee?????!!!!!!!!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 22, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have some spare mermaid diys if you happen to have an extra mermaid lamp or bed diy

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

The daily scallop swim is just... so awful. I'm about to throw in the towel on the recipes cause the utter torturous tedium of it is absolutely killing me. I no joke no hyperbole start to doze off while doing it

Edit: um? Excuse me? I finally find a scallop and the otter didn't show up? This is absolutely 100% my first scallop of the day. Excuse me??? Excuse meeeeeee?????!!!!!!!!

He just be like that sometimes.

He has a history of it:

quote:

Pascal is a little otter or some sort that is supposed to come and talk with you when you find a 'scallop' from the deep sea. He is willing to trade you some rare 'Pirate item' for your scallop (according to the game book. )
I have found and brought up at least 3 scallops from the deep sea, and yet the little friend is nowhere to be found... What am I doing wrong?
By the way, I am in my hometown, not at Tortimer's, so it should work...

Thanks in advance!! :) Nicky_moon - 6 years ago

He doesn't always come keep trying maybe then he will Thelivingmuffin - 5 years ago

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mental health PSA: you do not have to swim for scallops every day. You have the rest of your life to put together your mermaid house.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Mental health PSA: you do not have to swim for scallops every day. You have the rest of your life to put together your mermaid house.

I could be dead tomorrow

gregday
May 23, 2003

In the span of 12 hours, I got a fake statue of David (gallant statue), a pyramid, and a Hot Dog Costume. My love for this game is boundless and it just keeps delivering.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I finally got the penis statue as well, although I'm as yet unsure whether it's real or fake.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Captain Hygiene posted:

I finally got the penis statue as well, although I'm as yet unsure whether it's real or fake.

The fake penis statue is uncircumcised.

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015
Is there some way to inject new life into the randomness of this game? For maybe the past two weeks almost everything has been dupes for me on what feels like a daily basis:

- Nook's Inventory
- Mable's Inventory
- Fossils Discovered
- Balloon / Bottle DIYs
- KK Records

It's seriously starting to feel like Groundhog Day, and we all know life feels enough like that already. Is this happening because I don't visit people enough? Don't have them visit me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Do not do anything in this game every day, that you don't want to do. Or any game really.