Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

googled it! it's called grimspound and for some reason it's hard to find good photos of it.

it has this incredible stone wall which was for keeping cattle in

then there's these little stone rings inside of it which i guess were the groundwork for structures.

i can't really describe how cool it was coming to it in a thick mist with absoloutly no one else there and having zero idea it existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Looks like Darth Vader in the last picture there just taking in the view

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

hemale in pain posted:

the hiking is for yorkshire. hoping to go find a cave on the first day and do babys first caving and then go hike up pen-y-ghent and some other hills the next day.

I'm hiking up Pen y ghent in August! Maybe I will see you and tell something about skeletons at you.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

Gonna bicycle the dartmoor way. I think we're gonna start in okehamption and then camp on a hill called the western beacon above ivybridge.

Oh sweet, a good route! You'll go through my old workplace too (there is no statue of me)

Alas, I am up north now but I would have offered you a beer in Ivybridge if I was still in Plymouth (and there wasn't a global pandemic)

Pistol_Pete posted:

Is there anywhere to 'go' as such on Dartmoor? I mean, it's all low hills and marshes: one bit is much the same as any other bit, surely?

Lots of open overgrazed, badly managed (I have a grudge) moorland/military ground yeah, but also some amazing places.

Lots of the Tors are worth whatever slopes you have to tackle to get to them, valleys like Lydford Gorge and the Teign and the ancient woodland remnants like Wistmans are eerily beautiful.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

mrpwase posted:

I'm hiking up Pen y ghent in August! Maybe I will see you and tell something about skeletons at you.

i will ask every single person i meet if they have stairs in their house

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
almost bought a towbar but then there was added delivery and its annoyed me and now i dont know what to do

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Guys, the leftover Nando's with spicy sauce from the morning is making a fiery exit, send hapl. :supaburn:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wonder what duck from nandos would be like

i wonder this because i have a duck in the oven at the moment. the packaging said "contains bones"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

quap

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

anatidea banterus

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Trip Report. Sainsburies, NE Scotland. 1 person out of 40 not wearing a mask, and they were on their way out of the shop.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was in town earlier. gently caress all people were in masks.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Well I saw a double mask. Madman had 2 surgical masks, one over the mouth and one over the nose. It was wild

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Memes For Jesus, who I made a thread about that I now can't find, are selling facemasks! Let's all keep safe, enjoy some lols and praise Jesus!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

i can't really describe how cool it was coming to it in a thick mist with absoloutly no one else there and having zero idea it existed.

was there a Wetherspoons there

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
The house I am in is getting gas installed tomorrow and now everything is everywhere and its stressing me out

But we are ordering in tonight, what should I get

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Fingerless Gloves posted:

The house I am in is getting gas installed tomorrow and now everything is everywhere and its stressing me out

Indian.

Chicken Jalfrazi, rice, Garlic Naan, Chicken Pakoras, Poppadoms. If you're feeling adventurous, Aloo Saag

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fingerless Gloves posted:

get a goat curry delivered

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Order vindaloo and a barrel of Gaviscon as a side.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
my house clearing mission is going p well, got almost all the downstairs storage cleared out and repacked, still have the deep clean and all the actual "renovation" to do (mostly some repainting, get the carpets replaced on the stairs and two upstairs rooms and maybe replace some skirting) but it's at least pretty close to tidy bar the giant pile of roommate boxes and surrounding garbage which I'm *informed* will be out by the end of the weekend...

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I did week 2 day 2 of c25k today and I STRUGGLED because I was tired from work and had only eaten noodles and melon (not together). The app I use decided to close at the end of my workout, again, erasing all data from the run, and thus just like that it never happened. :argh:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I just finished week 1 so I shall be at your level of struggle soon

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Week 2 day 1 was a breeze so I was annoyed at how hard I found exactly the same run. Eatin and sleeping properly makes a difference.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Oodles posted:

Indian.

Chicken Jalfrazi, rice, Garlic Naan, Chicken Pakoras, Poppadoms. If you're feeling adventurous, Aloo Saag

I should rather think he wouldn't have any need for a gas delivery should he eat that lot!!!!!

lol little late evening flatulence humour for yiz all :)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i used to run loads and was really good at it. moved on to be honest.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Natalie Fartman posted:

I did week 2 day 2 of c25k today and I STRUGGLED because I was tired from work and had only eaten noodles and melon (not together). The app I use decided to close at the end of my workout, again, erasing all data from the run, and thus just like that it never happened. :argh:

I use the zombie app, its been pretty good at keeping stats around and the cheesy story is fairly bearable. Week 4 day 1 today, can't believe I've kept it going

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yay C25K people! Soon you'll be foam rolling your legs and ordering energy gels off the internet

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i used to run loads and was really good at it. moved on to be honest.

you've just moved into a new age bracket so you should jump way up in rankings

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Party Boat posted:

Yay C25K people! Soon you'll be foam rolling your legs and ordering energy gels off the internet

I have never bought a gel and have no intention of ever doing so. I did my marathon on cold pressed date and nut bars.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i do not and probably will not run

i favour walking and resisting

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its become more difficult with my more muscular upper body to carry it around as a runner. I've sort of resorted to a gorilla style trundle really.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

also sorry im just in the other thread with my graphics calculator figuring out how reducing the number of dog shits is best achievable.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Oodles posted:

Indian.

Agreed, but that's a weird spelling of peshwari naan

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what does it mean when the calculator starts putting letters in your results

i tried calculating how much wealth bezos would have by the time you could catch up to how much he has now (about 2.8 million years time)

assuming he makes around 78 billion a year vs an average us wage, it spat out 2.198E17 which i assume means he will be god emperor of mankind and will have a value best expressed via fractal

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

or its the co-ordinates of his dragon hoard

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Doug Sisk posted:

Agreed, but that's a weird spelling of peshwari naan

You could order a peshwari, but it’d be a waste to put it uneaten in the bin.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i tried calculating how much wealth bezos would have by the time you could catch up to how much he has now (about 2.8 million years time)

assuming he makes around 78 billion a year vs an average us wage, it spat out 2.198E17 which i assume means he will be god emperor of mankind and will have a value best expressed via fractal

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i do not and probably will not run

i favour walking and resisting

Cars are faster anyway

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The vibration motor in my phone has jammed. It's v annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Vitamins posted:

to explain what handsome vitty posted, the E on the calculator means exponent of 10. So basically the value of E is how many powers of 10 you need to add to the result that won't fit in the display. 10*10 = 100. 100 * 10 = 1000. This, but 17 times, just incredible how rich he is.

So 2.198 * (10^17)