Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

A Bad Poster posted:

I will never forgive Elon or Tesla for naming their cars S, 3, X, Y.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

in the defense of Tesla shareholders it turned out the US government was willing to depose the democratically elected president of Bolivia in order to keep the company in lithium, so a bet on its future value is a lot smarter than i ever thought

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 22, 2020

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

piL posted:

Tesla isn't a car company its a tech company.

I have heard this before in the context of a personified stock market having "figured out" that Tesla is doing something Cool and Innovative (on par with the advent of powered flight and the internal combustion engine) and thus deemed its value so highly. Consumers who buy the vehicles are certainly willing to look past flaws (https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-is-j-d-powers-top-car-for-appeal-after-finishing-last-in-quality-11595433600) but is there anything substantial behind it? Is it all predicated upon widespread adoption of swlf-driving auto technology, with Tesla being on top?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

What the gently caress

This is the level that the billionaire head of the world's most valuable* car company thinks at:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/tesla-short-shorts?sku=8529140-00-A
Look at the product AND the price.

*according to the stock market, which is crazy rich person fantasy land

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

egyptian rat race posted:

I have heard this before in the context of a personified stock market having "figured out" that Tesla is doing something Cool and Innovative (on par with the advent of powered flight and the internal combustion engine) and thus deemed its value so highly. Consumers who buy the vehicles are certainly willing to look past flaws (https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-is-j-d-powers-top-car-for-appeal-after-finishing-last-in-quality-11595433600) but is there anything substantial behind it? Is it all predicated upon widespread adoption of swlf-driving auto technology, with Tesla being on top?

It's almost entirely people buying elons hype about loving magic so hard they overlook all the problems with the actual machines. Obviously self driving electric cars will solve the climate crisis and Tesla is the only company that can do that. Nevermind Tesla self driving performance is near the bottom of the industry and whatever first mover advantage they had in electric drivetrains has been squandered by the deadly combination of Elon being egotistical, impulsive and a hardcore micromanager.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Variety_TV/status/1285976418577334273?s=19

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

A Bad Poster posted:

I will never forgive Elon or Tesla for naming their cars S, 3, X, Y.

Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

What the gently caress

The only reason the Model 3 wasn't the Model E is because Daimler got pissy about the E class.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

BigDave posted:

I'm pretty sure that Biden will pardon Trump et al and say that it was needed to heal the nation.

Hard to imagine that if Trump's agents attempt an assassination, which was my point.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no, it's the one with Hilldawg going rawdog

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

How the gently caress is that gonna be interesting? Seems like a masturbatory piece where it'll be "and then covid-19 happened and it was way less worse because hillary won!"

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Or it’s bankrolled by Republicans and it’s house of cards with more satanic pedophilia so they can all say, see Trump is better.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X

Those are dumb names but they're not intentionally dumb names just to spell a dumb acronym for 14 year olds to giggle at

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

WHY CAN'T SHE JUST GO AWAY

gently caress

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Either make it an extreme alt-history where she helps Barry Goldwater win in her youth or make it one episode where she agrees to campaign in the rust belt and smashcut to victory celebration.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Defenestrategy posted:

How the gently caress is that gonna be interesting? Seems like a masturbatory piece where it'll be "and then covid-19 happened and it was way less worse because hillary won!"

They're not gonna show Hillary deploying troops to Venezuela or Task Force 57 shelling those Chinese artificial islands, or a Republican supermajority in the House and Senate that will pack the Supreme Court and overturn Roe v Wade, or the record setting gun sales.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A major strength of the American form of governance is that many different governmental groups can weigh in and stop things from happening.

A major weakness of the American form of governance is that many different governmental groups can weigh in and stop things from happening.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1285984081327591426?s=19

We aren't a ready for a kid-carried COVID wave joining forces with flu season.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Either make it an extreme alt-history where she helps Barry Goldwater win in her youth or make it one episode where she agrees to campaign in the rust belt and smashcut to victory celebration.

i think it's based on the goddamn disgusting book, where neither of those things happen.

i'm more angry at being reminded of that book than i am about Clinton herself.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

We aren't a ready for a kid-carried COVID wave joining forces with flu season.

Here at ARNORTH, people are suuuuuuuper pumped to have to deal with the border mission, hurricane season, wildfires, and the upcoming flu season all in conjunction with COVID-19.

Haven't seen many upbeat people going in and out of that JLOC.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's almost entirely people buying elons hype about loving magic so hard they overlook all the problems with the actual machines. Obviously self driving electric cars will solve the climate crisis and Tesla is the only company that can do that. Nevermind Tesla self driving performance is near the bottom of the industry and whatever first mover advantage they had in electric drivetrains has been squandered by the deadly combination of Elon being egotistical, impulsive and a hardcore micromanager.

the rich have so much loving money theyre willing to gamble on things like Tesla, Theranos and Juicero

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

Why would they have had to talk with the army over that? Is there a Sentinel-something in the army I wasn’t aware of? I would’ve guessed an AF satellite for that name before literally anything army.

That reminds me: the Army is letting the internet pick the name of their new Stryker-based SHORAD system. In a fit of common sense, they made it multiple-choice with the option for other suggestions.

https://survey.tradoc.army.mil/EFM/se/0F02746A72B9A401

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

It would've been great if she just disappeared when she was walking in the woods post-loss

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Do they ship her with the Pod Save America guys in this alternate universe? I haven't read the comics the show is based on

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

what the gently caress

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/1286007365301604357

Still makes me laugh that Space Force is a branch under SECAF

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lake of Methane posted:

That reminds me: the Army is letting the internet pick the name of their new Stryker-based SHORAD system. In a fit of common sense, they made it multiple-choice with the option for other suggestions.

https://survey.tradoc.army.mil/EFM/se/0F02746A72B9A401

It does have an open-ended suggestion box!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A Quinnipiac poll just came back, 45-44 Biden. He probably shouldn't invest a single dollar in the state, as it won't be a tipping point state, but Democrats should be fielding a good drat Senate candidate in every single loving red state.

https://twitter.com/PerkinsforLA/status/1285888616435200001?s=19

He's a start.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Which MOS is gonna be the redshirts?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah this is definitely going to be excellent and certainly not going to inflame anything.

Bored As gently caress posted:

WHY CAN'T SHE JUST GO AWAY

gently caress

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Space Force poo poo seems to be a magnet for Q morons.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Space Force:SECAF::USMC:SECNAV?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TCD posted:

Space Force:SECAF::USMC:SECNAV?

Do generation kill but space force so that they have to mail order a laser for their spaceship via fedex before they deploy to Titan or some poo poo.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Speaking of senate races a bunch of us'n's in SF are withdrawing our support for Shahid Buttar. I have friends that have worked and do work for the campaign, and in short it sounds like he won't work as a face of the movement

This is a good thread about it.

https://twitter.com/sashaperigo/status/1285967446772334593

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its never non-men's fault if their boss is a sexist an ...interesting way of saying that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stravag posted:

Its never non-men's fault if their boss is a sexist an ...interesting way of saying that

It's the LGBTQIA+ way of putting it, because a lot of times its cis men who are shitheads in a position of power.

Granted it ignores if it happens with the tables reversed but lol like 95% of positions of power are still occupied by overwhelmingly white cisgender dudes. Statistically it's unlikely for the reverse to happen.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I just more would have gone with its not the employees fault if the boss is a sexist but i see what you mean

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

Do generation kill but space force so that they have to mail order a laser for their spaceship via fedex before they deploy to Titan or some poo poo.

"Poooolice that moustache" doesn't have the same effect at a desk as it does in the desert.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tihi to basically the whole page, also the buttar news sucks but hey believe women

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I wonder which big name Dems are gonna be featured prominently in Biden's ads, assuming there won't be many rallies pre-election.

Obama for sure, both Barack and Michelle. From their recently outreach would expect Sanders and AOC. Hillary... maybe? I don't think they'd freeze her out but unlikely she'd be a big speaker. Bill unlikely.

Wildcard would be if they get any big name GOP figures. Romney or W would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

"Poooolice that moustache" doesn't have the same effect at a desk as it does in the desert.

Rudy Reyes running laps around the launch pad in a full spacesuit

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 22, 2020